Was this the final episode of season 4, or is there one more? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Was this the final episode of season 4, or is there one more?

Was this the final episode of season 4, or is there one more? There seem to be conflicting reports about this being the penultimate episode or not, just curious.

Comments

• Talindra.4958Talindra.4958 Member ✭✭✭✭

yes please would really wish to know if there are more episodes of LWS 4 or is this the final episode of LWS 4 and we will be going to LWS 5 next?

Death is Energy [DIE] in EU
    Envoy's Herald, EAoA, CoZ, VitV, DD, SS, The Eternal, LNHB, Champion Magus, Champion Phantom, Wondrous Achiever etc.

• Arden.7480Arden.7480 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 12, 2019

When Flashpoint's trailer was released, they wrote this episode was second to last - it was in Season 3.

So either they don't want to follow this anymore, or this season has 2+ more episodes.

The wound is the place where the Light enters you ~Stephane Lo Presti

• @Arden.7480 said:
    When Flashpoint's trailer was released, they wrote this episode was second to last - it was in Season 3.

So either they don't want to follow this anymore, or this season has 2+ more episodes.

They did this for season 3 but season 2 they didn't announce that seeds of truth was the second to last even though it was. I expect an episode 6 and then into season 5. For episode 6 I expect a bigger loss for the player character and more deaths god I'm morbid.

• Arden.7480Arden.7480 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Wwefan.4982 said:

@Arden.7480 said:

They did this for season 3 but season 2 they didn't announce that seeds of truth was the second to last even though it was. I expect an episode 6 and then into season 5. For episode 6 I expect a bigger loss for the player character and more deaths god I'm morbid.

what can be worse than losing the last Tyria's hope?

The wound is the place where the Light enters you ~Stephane Lo Presti

• Ayakaru.6583Ayakaru.6583 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 12, 2019

It was announced as the Penultimate episode, meaning there will be a 6th episode.
    Thereafter LW Season 5 starts straight after (give or take the 2-3 month release cadence)

To defeat the dragons, see the good in them.
    Zhaitan reunites lost ones, primordus creates fertile land, mordremoth spreads the green, and jormag..
    ..jormag? Who's that?

• @Ayakaru.6583 said:
    It was announced as the Penultimate episode, meaning there will be a 6th episode.
    Thereafter LW Season 5 starts straight after (give or take the 2-3 month release cadence)

Where is this supposed to have been said? All I could find was the red bull article suggesting this was actually the last LS4 Episode, but the wording was far from unambiguous and it might have meant that Episode 5 was somewhat of a climax for the current season.

Assuming 6 Episodes is plausible as it is in keeping with LS3s number and would fit the story arc as there is no resolution to the current arc yet, but since LS3E6 was a "last minute" addition and the possibility of an inter-season-cliff hanger we cant say for sure if there will be even 1 more episode this season from what I could find.

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Harrik of Avalone.1867 said:

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

Where is this supposed to have been said? All I could find was the red bull article suggesting this was actually the last LS4 Episode, but the wording was far from unambiguous and it might have meant that Episode 5 was somewhat of a climax for the current season.

Assuming 6 Episodes is plausible as it is in keeping with LS3s number and would fit the story arc as there is no resolution to the current arc yet, but since LS3E6 was a "last minute" addition and the possibility of an inter-season-cliff hanger we cant say for sure if there will be even 1 more episode this season from what I could find.

What do u mean ls3ep6 was a last minute addition?

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• Skobel.6920Skobel.6920 Member ✭✭
    edited January 13, 2019

@Arden.7480 said:

What about Kuunavang? Or this device Taimi can construct to replace dragon as ley-energy hub?

"Raising a building is like fighting a war...except you're hammering on something that's dead."

• @Randulf.7614 said:
    What do u mean ls3ep6 was a last minute addition?

It has been stated that LS3 was originally supposed to have 5 Episodes only but they ended up adding another one for pacing, having more time to finish PoF etc. Obviously this was not literally a "last minute decision" since the map and all the content take quite some time, but from what we have heard it came about quite late in the development of ls3.
    Now this does not really tell us anything about expected ls length for this or future season, but it does weaken the assumption that the current season must have 6 episodes because ls3 had 6.

• @Harrik of Avalone.1867 said:

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

MMORPG said its the penultimate episode but redbull said its the finale thats where the confusion come from.

• @Arden.7480 said:

@Wwefan.4982 said:

@Arden.7480 said:

Kralky destroying our army. Kralky continuing to eat the mists and the world becoming more upstable. I predict characters we have loved new and old could die next episode.

• Ayakaru.6583Ayakaru.6583 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Wwefan.4982 said:

@Harrik of Avalone.1867 said:

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

MMORPG said its the penultimate episode but redbull said its the finale thats where the confusion come from.

After the third episode delays, there was a small discussion and sharing of information about the rest of the season.
    They talked as if the break between episide 3 and 4 was the middle, not that episode 3 itself was the middle

To defeat the dragons, see the good in them.
    Zhaitan reunites lost ones, primordus creates fertile land, mordremoth spreads the green, and jormag..
    ..jormag? Who's that?

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.