Unable to get to Thunderhead peaks

So i was playing the living story with my friend and just finished Scion And Champion and at the end we go through the portal to Thunderhead Peaks. Only my friend, who was doing it for the first time while i finished it already, got teleported back to lornar's pass, and not to Thunderhead peaks. So hes completely locked out of the map since he also doesnt have a teleport to friend. Is there any other way to get into Thunderhead Peaks at all?

Seems like abit of an oversight to not have an alternative way into that area incase something goes wrong.

• Like 1

@"Ok I Did It.2854" said:Did your friend have the story active to get credit, it sounds like they didnt have it active so it ported them back and allowed you to continue, as if they had it active when the story finished it would have ported them aswell and asked them did they want to accept credit to continue.

We were doing his story. I didnt have mine active. All it says now is "talk to ogden" in the Dragons Blood part.

Facing this exact same problem too right now, lol. However in my case i ended up outside the map because i was doing world bosses on the side and when i just logged in again now to continue with the story i realized there is no way for you as player to get back into the map at all. Like not even a waypoint right at the start or anything like with the other LS maps released so far...

This essentially amounts to a huge quest-breaking bug/oversight so i too am wondering how this could have been overseen completely by the looks of it. I don't really feel like starting the whole release over just because of this so i guess i'll just wait until they fix this again lol

Edit: Guildm8 just helped me get back in via teleport lol

• Like 1

If this happens you could do the story mission on another character and buy the portal scroll to the map from the volatile magic merchant and transfer it to the character that can't get in. As I understand this is affecting the non-instance owners when people do the mission in a party? So you should do this solo or as the instance owner first time through until its fixed.

@Adgalion.4520 said:this same thing has happened to me I can't get to the next part of the quest. says talk to Ogden but can't get to thunderhead at all. just got back to the game after 5 years of not playing so I can try the new content. not a very good impression so far.

a major oversight by arenanet. if you ha e not played for 5 years that would mean you got some catching up to do I PoF I guess.

This is one of the bugs I've been complaining about in other areas of the forum. The only way I was able to bypass it was via Teleport to Friend. If you don't know someone, just ask around in Lion's Arch or LFG. If you don't have Teleport to Friend, then I guess you're screwed and I don't know how to help you. ANet definitely didn't help me at all when I put in a support ticket.

The solution is to teleport to friend, as I said before as a joke I would spam support if they didn't help me. However, this got misinterpreted (which is always possible). the support was really helpful in providing the items to teleport to the area by using a friend. so no need to spam.

if support is not helping send them an image of:1) the location where the instance normally starts and show it ain't there2) current quest state3) screenshot of your current map showing no way point to the area.

hope they help you.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Sorry for necroing the topic, but the bug happened to me today.

Doing the story first steps unlocked the "Observation Deck Waypoint".

i went to Jahai Bluffs to do something else.

Then i wanted to continue the story.

But the previously mentioned waypoint won't show and its area shows as unexplored.

i had to use a tp to Friend on another waypoint of the map to work around the issue.

Funny thing, if i open the map, it says i have unlocked 2/4 waypoints now.

But the first is actually still not available to me.

Now we're nearing year 2022, i would have expected such old bugs to have been fixed by now.

i'm disappointed.

On 9/3/2021 at 4:01 PM, Winderly.2718 said:

Sorry for necroing the topic, but the bug happened to me today.

Doing the story first steps unlocked the "Observation Deck Waypoint".

i went to Jahai Bluffs to do something else.

Then i wanted to continue the story.

But the previously mentioned waypoint won't show and its area shows as unexplored.

i had to use a tp to Friend on another waypoint of the map to work around the issue.

Funny thing, if i open the map, it says i have unlocked 2/4 waypoints now.

But the first is actually still not available to me.

Did you look at all the layers of the map?

Sometimes, waypoints won't be visible when you are looking at the wrong layer.

• 4 months later...
On 9/4/2021 at 7:34 AM, Fueki.4753 said:

Did you look at all the layers of the map?

Sometimes, waypoints won't be visible when you are looking at the wrong layer.

Good suggestion, but it didn't help.   Tried all three layers.   Middle layer is the only one that shows zone name.   Top + Bottom are just fog.   All 3 show my green story star there, but none show a waypoint.

30 minutes ago, Islay.5164 said:

Good suggestion, but it didn't help.   Tried all three layers.   Middle layer is the only one that shows zone name.   Top + Bottom are just fog.   All 3 show my green story star there, but none show a waypoint.

Then you might have to start the episode with a different character to get the teleport item, so your stuck character can use that to teleport to the map.

Using a Teleport to Friend should work, too.

Edited by Fueki.4753

• 10 months later...
On 2/4/2022 at 7:52 PM, Islay.5164 said:

Whelp got an answer back from ArenaNet and they're just saying make your way back there on your own.   They offered up the solution of replaying the episode on the same toon.

That's extremely disappointing especially when I paid to unlock these episodes. It's that type of support that makes me want to quit playing this game. There are MANY repeat posts regarding this problem due to their incompetent design and it seems like they have done nothing to resolve it. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Necro'd thread, but..

I'm not sure why players keep saying you need a Teleport to Friend, you don't.

Its literally the first mission of the chapter, you can simply restart the chapter to get access to the mission with the portal again. Yes, it does mean redoing it, but its not like you're having to replay the whole chapter, its a 15min story mission that's even faster to clear the second time around.

Also, if you're playing with someone else, do not go through the portal when they're the party leader. The mission ends when you do, which kicks them out (its a bug).

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 1