Hi Eles, just a survey on which role would you like the next elite spec to be — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Hi Eles, just a survey on which role would you like the next elite spec to be

What role do you want the next elite spec to cover/focus on?

Hi Eles, just a survey on which role would you like the next elite spec to be 125 votes

Support: Healer
4%
Fortus.6175Coolguy.8702Wrong Device.3014Nagisa.8590Blackjack.5621Donovan.2958 6 votes
Support: Boon master
9%
BunjiKugashira.9754Mini Crinny.6190Zaraki.5784Henrik.7560obcan.1470Luindu.2418Irensaga.6935Dajas.4715Kain.5839Leap Of Faith.8263aceofbass.2163Barthandelous.2930 12 votes
Melee Dps power
10%
Nitrosiili.5628Stand The Wall.6987theodor.3480Altion.9576apharma.3741Knuckle Joe.7408DiogoSilva.7089Nup.4591Phoenix the One.4071Aethelbert.1497Arados.4890Droontar.1542Jack.7865 13 votes
Melee bunker
0%
Amachi.1064 1 vote
Melee dps conditions
0%
serialkicker.5274 1 vote
Ranged Power dps
40%
Vissarion.6509Cerioth.7062steve.2945Dante.1763Alatar.7364Finngarad.9746calb.3128K THEN.5162sephiroth.4217Andyx.3985Swiftwynd.1685Mithos.9023Zilong.1407Sekai.2987Qori.9671Poelala.2830IvarEriksson.2498Nexus.7826ROMANG.1903shinta.8906 50 votes
Ranged Conditions dps
26%
Jski.6180Abelisk.4527ScottBroChill.3254Flaming.4250Arheundel.6451Hyper Cutter.9376Conqueror.3682Zin Dau.1749sokeenoppa.5384alexscr.4269Revanent.9715Lumix.5069Milan.9035vesica tempestas.1563Coedeax.2567DanAlcedo.3281Crann.1342Laila Lightness.8742flarezi.9381Aplethoraof.2643 33 votes
Minion master
7%
Solori.6025Axl.8924Hot Boy.7138Fjaeldmark.9043Marissa.4796Sockski.4297LazySummer.2568JohnWater.5760Gladeye.3789 9 votes

Comments

• Knighthonor.4061Knighthonor.4061 Member ✭✭✭✭

Please help me out to gather this information please. Thanks.

• Jski.6180Jski.6180 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Ranged Conditions dps

We have 1 subpar melee support and 1 "OK" ranged dmg who can also be a melee dps.

Ele needs boon control badly so non of your chose.

• Bort.8647Bort.8647 Member ✭✭✭
    Ranged Power dps

I like the idea of ele filling the role of ranged aoe damage in WvW, however staff weaver is very quickness and alacrity dependent, which arent common boons in WvW anymore. Another 1200 range weapon would be really interesting.

• Dante.1763Dante.1763 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Ranged Power dps

@LazySummer.2568 said:
    what we want dont matter because totally not biased balance team is just going to make it into a rp role.

Pretty much this. I feel blessed that i have raid group thats willing to suffer through my use of ele from time to time.

Ember Wandertooth(SB), Lucina Fallenflame(Weaver), Kianda Redpaw(Guardian), Kingslayer, Light in the Dark.
    Why Guild Wars is called Guild Wars

• Axl.8924Axl.8924 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Minion master

I voted minion because I imagine playing a ele like mages in wow? with support on the elemental pet?

Here is my list of characters i got so far:

Elementalist 80 with tempest:Talman nul
    Necromancer 80 with reaper:Zex vokar
    Mesmer level 80 no chrono yet:Klanga voosh.
    Level 80 Ranger with druid spec Jedkhan.

• apharma.3741apharma.3741 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Melee Dps power

Tbh I think we will get a single target ranged damage dealer next expansion with rifle as it's a 2 hander which we don't already have. I kinda hope it's not pure ranged and has utility like engineer's rifle currently it.

• I want weaver with tempest overloads. kthxbye.

• since 6 years i want to have a 600 range GS ele :(

• Dadnir.5038Dadnir.5038 Member ✭✭✭✭

So... I'll say a control spec since it's not listed in the survey.
    I think the e-specs can fit more than a single "role" anyway.

• InsaneQR.7412InsaneQR.7412 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Dadnir.5038 said:

This.

• Support: Boon master

For me what makes ele fun to play is quickly switching between elements and having access to a variety of combo fields and finishers all in one build. Instead of taking away from this (like the last 2 e-specs did) I hope the next one builds upon and improves thses aspects of elementalist. Some thoughts:

• Double Pistol or Rifle as a heavily finisher-focused weapon set with lots of projectile, blast and leap finishers.
    • Easy access to (near) permanent combo fields as part of the e-spec mechanic.
    • A trait to reduce attunement cooldown and/or remove the 1s global cooldown.
    • Maybe a fresh fire/water/earth trait?
    • With easy access to a near permanent fire-field and lots of projectile finishers the spec would be heavily condition based. Traits to support this would be nice.

No skin should be exclusive to gem-store rng boxes.
    What really happened with mount skins

• Ganathar.4956Ganathar.4956 Member ✭✭✭
    Ranged Conditions dps

@BunjiKugashira.9754 said:
    For me what makes ele fun to play is quickly switching between elements and having access to a variety of combo fields and finishers all in one build. Instead of taking away from this (like the last 2 e-specs did) I hope the next one builds upon and improves thses aspects of elementalist. Some thoughts:

• Double Pistol or Rifle as a heavily finisher-focused weapon set with lots of projectile, blast and leap finishers.
    • With easy access to a near permanent fire-field and lots of projectile finishers the spec would be heavily condition based. Traits to support this would be nice.

Combo fields in general are getting pretty useless these days. Only ones that are still really useful are water and smoke fields. For a spec like this to work well, Anet either needs to rework combo fields and finishers for the next expansion, or they at least have to provide more traits that enhance combos like persisting flames does.

edited December 15, 2018
    Ranged Conditions dps

Ranged condition DPS would be my choice, since condi is something that the class is generally lacking in, and both current specs focused on closer range styles of combat. It would have to grant access to many more cover condis though, because that is mandatory for any condi build to be able to work in WvW and PvP.

Going off on a random idea here. Perhaps it could be something like a volcano themed specialization? Volcanoes have lots of nasty things going on. You can get burned, you can bleed and get cripples from debris, you can get poisoned from noxious fumes, you can also have blinding ashes, and you could find reasons to put some weakness and torment in there if you really wanted to. There could even be a new condition called corrosion. Volcanoes can cause water to turn acidic, which means that the new weapon could even have nasty conditions in water attunement. Not sure what effects corrosion would have except for damage though. Probably reduced armor or something relating to making attacks unblockable, those seem to fit the theme. Another idea is that corrosion could cause enemy boons to decay faster. This would probably be the best one for elementalist as a class in terms of gameplay.

• BunjiKugashira.9754BunjiKugashira.9754 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 15, 2018

@Ganathar.4956 said:

Combo fields in general are getting pretty useless these days. Only ones that are still really useful are water and smoke fields. For a spec like this to work well, Anet either needs to rework combo fields and finishers for the next expansion, or they at least have to provide more traits that enhance combos like persisting flames does.

Of course traits that synergize with combos would be part of the spec. As for a combo rework:
    I would like of we had a reliable priority list when using combos while standing in multiple fields at once.
    Possibility 1: Combo with every type of field you're hitting once. This solution completely gets rid of any (percieved) randomness and makes combos a lot more reliable.
    Possibility 2: Prioritize your own fields first and prioritize the newest field second. This means laying a water field and blasting it guarantees you're getting healed, laying a smoke field and jumping in it guarantees you're getting invisibility, etc.
    Both suggestions are aimed at getting the results you're after easier.

No skin should be exclusive to gem-store rng boxes.
    What really happened with mount skins

Ranged Conditions dps

@Ganathar.4956 said:

Of course traits that synergize with combos would be part of the spec. As for a combo rework:
    I would like of we had a reliable priority list when using combos while standing in multiple fields at once.
    Possibility 1: Combo with every type of field you're hitting once. This solution completely gets rid of any (percieved) randomness and makes combos a lot more reliable.
    Possibility 2: Prioritize your own fields first and prioritize the newest field second. This means laying a water field and blasting it guarantees you're getting healed, laying a smoke field and jumping in it guarantees you're getting invisibility, etc.
    Both suggestions are aimed at getting the results you're after easier.

I think that being able to have an interface where you list which allied combo fields you want to prioritize over others would also be a neat addition, but I doubt that Anet would go that far with a rework. At the very least they have hinted that they are not satisfied with the current state of combos though.

• Theros.1390Theros.1390 Member ✭✭✭
    Ranged Conditions dps

I'm still waiting for a Shortbow ele, and elementary traps as new skills :o

• Fortus.6175Fortus.6175 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 15, 2018
    Support: Healer

Although I picked support, I want to see something that enables staff ele even more than tempest, and I mean OFFENSIVE support, not healing support; access to CC, RELIABLE range damage that doesnt require the enemy to afk-brain in the middle of you tinsy, nerfed fire fields. That or 1500 range GS single target DPS.

• Mithos.9023Mithos.9023 Member ✭✭✭
    Ranged Power dps

From my feeling a condition based spec would be something that elementalist would need. Currently all atempts fail as conditions are too hard tied with specific attunements. A spec focusing on conditions would definitely be a play stile change. Why did I vote for power dps then? I simply hate playing condition based builds and love the range power dps staff build and more of this would definitely be fun. Still, I see the need for a condi based elite spec.

• Jski.6180Jski.6180 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Ranged Conditions dps

Ranged condi dmg with real condis and not just bleed / burn. As well with boon contorl (strips mostly).

• lLobo.7960lLobo.7960 Member ✭✭✭

I don't think thats how ele elite specs work...

Tempest was longer attunement times (to get overloads) and strong AoE. Weaver was shorter attunement times, combo attunements and quicker gameplay.
    In terms of weapon, tempest was a mid range aoe weapon and weaver a melee cleaving weapon.

So I'd say the next elite would maybe give ele a 5th attunement and not change attunment times, or limit the attunements (only 2 like rev legends?) in exchange of improved attunment effects (stat bonuses or whatever).
    In terms of weapon, what ele is missing is a single target long ranged weapon, Longbow and Riffle are the ones usually taking this role.

If the dmg will be power or condi, this is more up to the attunement and traits the ele chooses.

• Minion master

Guys who choose support healer. Wake up, already have one, Tempest can be an awesome support healer.

• Minion master

@Theros.1390 said:
    I'm still waiting for a Shortbow ele, and elementary traps as new skills :o

Longbow instead, please. I love Longbows.

• Melee Dps power

Thought it would be weaver, well maybe the next one.. ohh and just a bit of a bruiser.

• cursE.1794cursE.1794 Member ✭✭✭

Unfortunately, you forgot to put "guy who tells funny jokes in teamspeak but is otherwise useless in the raid because his class sucks at everything" as an option in the poll.

• Laila Lightness.8742Laila Lightness.8742 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 29, 2018
    Ranged Conditions dps

For nice shortbow ele

• Nup.4591Nup.4591 Member ✭✭
    edited December 25, 2018
    Melee Dps power

Elementalist is my favourite class and I am going to be selfish and wish for what I would want the most.

I love the fast paced gameplay of weaver and always found tempest to be the more boring elite spec. Switching attunements is the coolest thing ever, the faster the better. So I wish the new elite spec is also very fast paced. Maybe add arcane as a fifth element and let the player attune to all at the same time and rotate the attunements between the 5 weapon skills. I don't know, as long as it is fast and flashy.

I chose power because I just don't like condition damage. It doesn't speak to me. I want my hits to directly deal damage.

As for the weapon I choose Greatsword. Just because it is such a cool weapon. IF they do it, (and I expect them to just go with rifle) i would love a lot of those spinny dash attacks, like the fire greatsword elite skill has.

I know, it all sounds a bit stupid, but I said I was going to be selfish and this would make me very happy! XD

• Ranged Power dps

@bluberblasen.9684 said:
    since 6 years i want to have a 600 range GS ele :(

Hope for Something like this "Conjure Fiery Greatsword Elite"...

Troll since 1982.

• aceofbass.2163aceofbass.2163 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 28, 2018

I just want eles to bring something to the table other than pure damage(or heal).

• Axl.8924Axl.8924 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 28, 2018
    Minion master

Can I change my mind now? I was thinking maybe eles could have something that use those auras more, and maybe actually do some more stuff with it to make them interesting, seeing as auras stand out as a elementalist only thing.

I was hoping maybe eles could focus on a support spec that is involved around auras and tempest could be the healer spec.

Here is my list of characters i got so far:

Elementalist 80 with tempest:Talman nul
    Necromancer 80 with reaper:Zex vokar
    Mesmer level 80 no chrono yet:Klanga voosh.
    Level 80 Ranger with druid spec Jedkhan.

• Melee Dps power

melee power dps burst is the only role ele is missing.

The horror...…….the horror...…….the horror...…….

• Swagg.9236Swagg.9236 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 28, 2018

@Dadnir.5038 said:

Staff exists, and it's the best control in the game. However, stability and resistance exist because playing video games is too hard apparently.

• No idea what to name this spec version.
    Spec weapon: greatsword (1200 range)

Have access to 4 different utilities, called transforms or whatever. Each represent 1 of the 4 elements and work like kits. Using one replaces your skills into a single element from each weapon set. For example, using a fire transform, makes you attune between 4 different fire weapon skill sets and so on.

• dagger/dagger
    • scepter/focus
    • staff
    • greatsword

No idea how it could be played out, but idea seems interesting :P

• Knighthonor.4061Knighthonor.4061 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Retsuko.2035 said:
    No idea what to name this spec version.
    Spec weapon: greatsword (1200 range)

Have access to 4 different utilities, called transforms or whatever. Each represent 1 of the 4 elements and work like kits. Using one replaces your skills into a single element from each weapon set. For example, using a fire transform, makes you attune between 4 different fire weapon skill sets and so on.

• dagger/dagger
    • scepter/focus
    • staff
    • greatsword

No idea how it could be played out, but idea seems interesting :P

That would be 5(Weapon)4(Attunement)5(transforms) == 100 skills for this Elite Spec alone.

• Ranged Conditions dps

I chose ranged condi, just because condi on ele is pretty bad, and staff ele can do some pretty good power dmg.

I love the idea of minions though. Elemental pets would be cool. Technically they could give ele's ranged power/condi, and minions.

Though when it comes to minions, it might just be easier for anet to change glyph of elementals (both the lesser glyph and the elite one) to simply summon all four pets at once. Since any one of these pets by themselves isn't very good. So maybe collectively they'd be more fun and effective. Then after that, if they wanted to, the pets could be permanent, or the glyphs could cooldown in the background, so you could keep them out more often. Something to think about.

Anyways, I hope ele's get some love. They kind of need it.

• Curennos.9307Curennos.9307 Member ✭✭✭

@Nup.4591 said:
    Elementalist is my favourite class and I am going to be selfish and wish for what I would want the most.

I love the fast paced gameplay of weaver and always found tempest to be the more boring elite spec. Switching attunements is the coolest thing ever, the faster the better. So I wish the new elite spec is also very fast paced. Maybe add arcane as a fifth element and let the player attune to all at the same time and rotate the attunements between the 5 weapon skills. I don't know, as long as it is fast and flashy.

I chose power because I just don't like condition damage. It doesn't speak to me. I want my hits to directly deal damage.

As for the weapon I choose Greatsword. Just because it is such a cool weapon. IF they do it, (and I expect them to just go with rifle) i would love a lot of those spinny dash attacks, like the fire greatsword elite skill has.

I know, it all sounds a bit stupid, but I said I was going to be selfish and this would make me very happy! XD

Definitely this. One attunement per core traitline :D Been wanting more Arcane-related stuff for ages.

• Ranged Power dps

Arcane Archer -- longbow, (perfect fit for new legendary longbow) utility fields/walls based on attunement in which you fire your shots through...

Change ice bow to another conjure weapon if everyone says we "already" have long bow.

• Opopanax.1803Opopanax.1803 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 1, 2019

Ascalonian! Longbow with glowing arcane attacks. I love the Ascalonian Archer and Mage attacks. Would love to see more of them in an e-spec. +5000 hp for this espec.

• Auburner.6945Auburner.6945 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 14, 2019
    Ranged Power dps

Never been a fan of DoTs, so conditions won't be my choice, always been a fan of burst damage with consistency, DoTs have consistency only, since weaver already covers the melee side and it's fast paced, I would prefer an alternative for ranged weapons, staff on ele is to be the slowest weapon ever in the game and scepter is dull to play with. Thus I would go for ranged DPS but one thing would hold me back probably: weaver can swap attunements really fast and that's just more than lovely, so if the new spec can have that, I am down for it. I would love a bow but that might take away the cleave ability of ele so if the spec got nerfed, ele would suffer picking this spec if they have nothing else to give, mesmer greatsword was not fun for me, if I have a greatsword, then let me slam it against foes.

I swear I know of another world below. It shows just in the rain. It's here I know. It's inaccessible. The reverse of us.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.