To Eve Eschenbacher and her Voice Team. — Guild Wars 2 Forums

To Eve Eschenbacher and her Voice Team.

Hi!

You again gave Debbi a hard time... Again she bursted into tears... Taimi knows what is death, because she has struggled with it for many years - saying to herself "not today", and now when she experienced such two big loss... I wonder if her illness is getting worse, because of such traumatic experiences she has suffered from since Daybreak. Tell Debbi, please that my post about that she is the best voice actor in this game is still actual (wrote it after Daybreak). None of the voice actors has been that emotional EVER.

I also loved Kari Wahlgren's job on this episode, especially because her writing improved, so she again reminds me of this Personal Story Caithe, but now she understands what her Wyld Hunt was about. For those lines "Speak through me" she should have gotten a big, sweetest candy, did she? ;)

I couldn't ever connect with Human Female PC's voice, it was kind of good, but sounded so bounded, like waiting for release. Then I played A Star to Guide Us with the Human Female and before that I thought: Do I really want that? What if I will be disappointed (I'm this kind of person that keep an attention to even little details, small sounds that for some won't matter, but for me they do)? So I took a risk and then...

And then her voice was just blooming!! those different emotions, even sobbing, this "Blish say something" coming from her... I finally FELT April Stewart's voice, I got chills listening to her, like when I listen to this emotional Debbi's voice! And I also played All or Nothing with the Human Female, and from all of the commanders, she sounded the most phenomenal!! "Caithe, your flowers" coming from her... my god,...

Also Canach's whistling!! John DiMaggio also deserves a candy, some people seem upset because of Canach, but don't listen to them Canach, stay true to who you are. :)

And Jocelyn Blue and her voiceover for Glint! Clap Clap Clap! So good, deep and so fitting!

This whole VA Team is soooo wholesome and amazing, and with You Eve as the chieftain/master/chef/leader/poobah or however they call You, it's just DA BEST!

Tagged:

Comments

  • Cosmicorn.7485Cosmicorn.7485 Member
    edited January 13, 2019

    I have played through the entire GW2 story with a human female and I agree that at first her voice is kind of meh. Not bad, but not awesome either. Then it got a little bit better in path of fire, and in this latest season its been absolutely amazing. My only issue is that she kind of seemed more upset about Blish's death than Aurene's...

    Also Taimi and Canach are THE BEST ANET pls dont kill em

  • edited January 14, 2019

    Arden -- I love your post! I agree with your thoughts -- the VO is amazing. I may start up a Bellevue branch of the Debi Derryberry Fan Club -- she is SO good! And Caithe, and Canach, and Logan, and Glint :cry: and... and... they just impress me every episode!

    @Cosmicorn.7485 said:

    Also Taimi and Canach are THE BEST ANET pls dont kill em

    I'm right there with you on that!

    I will make sure that Eve sees your post. She and the team do awesome work!

    Gaile Gray
    Communications Manager: ArenaNet
    Fansite & Guild Relations; In-Game Events; Community Showcase Live

  • Arden.7480Arden.7480 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 14, 2019

    @Gaile Gray.6029 said:
    Arden -- I love your post! I agree with your thoughts -- the VO is amazing. I may start up a Bellevue branch of the Debi Derryberry Fan Club -- she is SO good! And Caithe, and Canach, and Logan, and Glint :cry: and... and... they just impress me every episode!

    @Cosmicorn.7485 said:

    Also Taimi and Canach are THE BEST ANET pls dont kill em

    I'm right there with you on that!

    I will make sure that Eve sees your post. She and the team do awesome work!

    If I didn't write down the names of all of the cast, it doesn't mean that I didn't like their work, because I absolutely did, but those 5 characters that are my favorite had so good performance, I just can stand up and give them standing ovation.

    Also I cannot forget about Zafirah aka Cherise Boothe, she also did a phenomenal job, going from snarky, sneaky, to heroic, into broken. That's just unbelievable.

    Steve Blum (Rytlock and Sergei), and Fred Tatasciore (Ogden), and Matt Mercer (Norn PC).... and holy kitten, they all were just... i have no words... Wow...

    The whole cast is unbelievable! It would take hours to write how much I appreciate all of the Voiceactors! They just nail this everytime!

  • This begs the question; Why Aurene still cannot talk? I thought she would start talking this time around and was looking forward to her VO.

  • edited January 14, 2019

    @Sir Vincent III.1286 said:
    This begs the question; Why Aurene still cannot talk? I thought she would start talking this time around and was looking forward to her VO.

    I honestly don't know if we ever will, but I think it's an awesome opportunity for coolness if we did hear that, in some way, someday!

    Edited for clarity and spoiler tag. :)

    Gaile Gray
    Communications Manager: ArenaNet
    Fansite & Guild Relations; In-Game Events; Community Showcase Live

  • seabhac.5346seabhac.5346 Member ✭✭
    edited January 14, 2019

    @Gaile Gray.6029 said:

    I honestly don't know if we ever will, but I think it's an awesome opportunity for coolness if we did hear that, in some way, someday!

    Hmmm. This sentence gives 2 affirmatives ("ever will", "someday") that Aurene...

    is not gone.

  • edited January 14, 2019

    @seabhac.5346 said:

    @Gaile Gray.6029 said:

    I honestly don't know if we ever will, but I think it's an awesome opportunity for coolness if we did hear that, in some way, someday!

    Hmmm. This sentence gives 2 affirmatives ("ever will", "someday") that Aurene...

    is not gone.

    No no, that's not what you should think.

    We still hear Glint's voice, right? And other departed people, characters, dragons, etc? That's what I meant, silly. But good try, there. ;)

    Thanks for the reminder to use a spoiler tag. I edited to tidy up!

    Gaile Gray
    Communications Manager: ArenaNet
    Fansite & Guild Relations; In-Game Events; Community Showcase Live

  • for me, whenever an episode goes life there are two thought: 'I hope there will be lots of Canach' and 'I hope Ryt and Canach will be paired up again'. Those snark machines are a dreamteam.

  • @VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618 said:
    for me, whenever an episode goes life there are two thought: 'I hope there will be lots of Canach' and 'I hope Ryt and Canach will be paired up again'. Those snark machines are a dreamteam.

    Agree! I love those two riffing off one another -- some of my favorite lines and VO in the game!

    Gaile Gray
    Communications Manager: ArenaNet
    Fansite & Guild Relations; In-Game Events; Community Showcase Live

  • @Arden.7480 said:
    Hi!

    You again gave Debbi a hard time... Again she bursted into tears... Taimi knows what is death, because she has struggled with it for many years - saying to herself "not today", and now when she experienced such two big loss... I wonder if her illness is getting worse, because of such traumatic experiences she has suffered from since Daybreak. Tell Debbi, please that my post about that she is the best voice actor in this game is still actual (wrote it after Daybreak). None of the voice actors has been that emotional EVER.

    I also loved Kari Wahlgren's job on this episode, especially because her writing improved, so she again reminds me of this Personal Story Caithe, but now she understands what her Wyld Hunt was about. For those lines "Speak through me" she should have gotten a big, sweetest candy, did she? ;)

    I couldn't ever connect with Human Female PC's voice, it was kind of good, but sounded so bounded, like waiting for release. Then I played A Star to Guide Us with the Human Female and before that I thought: Do I really want that? What if I will be disappointed (I'm this kind of person that keep an attention to even little details, small sounds that for some won't matter, but for me they do)? So I took a risk and then...

    And then her voice was just blooming!! those different emotions, even sobbing, this "Blish say something" coming from her... I finally FELT April Stewart's voice, I got chills listening to her, like when I listen to this emotional Debbi's voice! And I also played All or Nothing with the Human Female, and from all of the commanders, she sounded the most phenomenal!! "Caithe, your flowers" coming from her... my god,...

    Also Canach's whistling!! John DiMaggio also deserves a candy, some people seem upset because of Canach, but don't listen to them Canach, stay true to who you are. :)

    And Jocelyn Blue and her voiceover for Glint! Clap Clap Clap! So good, deep and so fitting!

    This whole VA Team is soooo wholesome and amazing, and with You Eve as the chieftain/master/chef/leader/poobah or however they call You, it's just DA BEST!

    They are amazing at their jobs! I had the honor to go down to a couple days of VO recording and it was so much fun to see them do their thing. Some actors need different direction, some use props, some add lines before their recorded lines to get more in the mood and tone of the scene. It was so much fun to see their work live. They deserve the praise :).

  • Thank you so much for all the praise! Our actors do amazing work for us, and it's been great working through this journey with them, and seeing all the fan reactions to these poignant, emotional scenes. We've pushed all of our actors for more this season, and I love that all of that hard work is paying off.
    Thank you! :)

  • Arden.7480Arden.7480 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Eve Eschenbacher.4201 said:
    Thank you so much for all the praise! Our actors do amazing work for us, and it's been great working through this journey with them, and seeing all the fan reactions to these poignant, emotional scenes. We've pushed all of our actors for more this season, and I love that all of that hard work is paying off.
    Thank you! :)

    Thank You for being such a great leader of this team!

    I am keep returning to the Guild Chat with You and Tom Abernathy talking about the story and the voiceover.

    Eve, You are amazing at Your job, and what You and the voiceactors do is just pure magic!

    And what Debi accomplished as an artist is just beyond any measure. What she can do with her voice is just mesmerizing. I praise all of the Voiceactors, but Debi Derryberry is just the Goddess.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.