How best to approach the more tedious parts of my first legendary weapon (Pharus)

Gehenna.3625

Hiya,

So I like this new legendary bow Pharus and have started the process but I am slowly realizing how much goes into this.

I guess the main things I am looking at is that 35000 elder wood, 31000 mithril, the cost of mystic coins and amalgamated gemstones.Then I also need to finish the tyria mastery but I find that the core mastery points are really a pain in the rear end to get together.

So my questions are the following:Are there any tips people can give me about getting those items I mentioned or is it just a matter of saving gold and buying them over time?And for the mastery points I've seen there is some content I never did namely triple trouble, fractals and some legendary bosses in Silverwastes. I would need 7 more mastery points. Which content would be my best bet?

@Gehenna.3625 said:Hiya,

So I like this new legendary bow Pharus and have started the process but I am slowly realizing how much goes into this.

I guess the main things I am looking at is that 35000 elder wood, 31000 mithril, the cost of mystic coins and amalgamated gemstones.Then I also need to finish the tyria mastery but I find that the core mastery points are really a pain in the rear end to get together.

So my questions are the following:Are there any tips people can give me about getting those items I mentioned or is it just a matter of saving gold and buying them over time?And for the mastery points I've seen there is some content I never did namely triple trouble, fractals and some legendary bosses in Silverwastes. I would need 7 more mastery points. Which content would be my best bet?

Do not craft items until you are close to having everything gathered or keep resources in a sell-able state. There is nothing worse than burning out on trying to craft a legendary only to realize a part in that you lost interest. Many people have burned out on crafting legendaries, it is a thing.

Mix it up. Sticking to only 1 farm for days/weeks/months will make you go insane. The approach varies. Some people like focusing on the most gold lucrative farms in order to cut the grind shorter, others prefer going with less lucrative farms but ones they enjoy. There is no right or wrong here, find out which type you are. It's going to take a long time either way.

Don't rush it. Unless you have superhuman mental strength (and the ability to mindlessly grind away for ages on end), you will burn out trying to rush a legendary.

Make a GW2efficiency account if you don't have one yet. Check The materials and price for Pharus in the crafting tab (not yet available since it's not in the GW2eff database yet but it will be soon. Use a different T2 legendary instead for now). Check how far off you actually are (very far if you have not been playing the game for long). Make a timeline when you want to be where along the crafting. Don't stick to the timeline if you feel burned out. If you can't be bothered to make a GW2 efficiency account, you already lack the basic amount of commitment and will to properly prepare for the legendary process (and missing out on a very valuable resource to use).

Finally, if you feel burned out, STOP. You can always come back to this project at some later time. Most people's first legendary takes them months, even more so for T2 legendarys which are way more expensive than T1.

The best way is to focus on the accountbound stuff. I wouldn't fixate on elder wood/mithril.

Gift of battle... I always hear people that are PvEers complain about doing WvW, just do daily everyday til you get 80 WvW potions if it bothers you that muchMystic clovers ... I have stacks of these from reward tracks but for people that PvE only I think fractal vendor is the only surefire wayCrystalline ore: open Noxious pods in Dragon's stand , do Dragon's stand metaFulgurite : do HoT metas

I highly recommend doing it via HoT as opposed to PoF. PoF's elegy mosaics are extremely high in randomness (need 400) and funerary incenses are ridiculously timegated (you need 250 and they can only be bought from Primeval Steward unless you do renown hearts in Vabbi). As elegy mosaics pretty much only drop from legendary bounties and not champion bounties, you'll be grinding legendary bounty trains.

HoT requires 800 map currency (aurilium , airship parts, leyline crystals), and 250 fulgurite + 250 crystalline ore to make 250 crystalline ingot. Just doing the metas should give you significant progress but even when metas aren't active doing just about anything on the respective map rewards map currency.

@Infusion.7149 said:The best way is to focus on the accountbound stuff. I wouldn't fixate on elder wood/mithril.Well, I have a pretty good overview of what's needed and those are the big ones cost wise or farm wise. But as the other poster said it's all about patience and not going crazy on that.Gift of battle... I always hear people that are PvEers complain about doing WvW, just do daily everyday til you get 80 WvW potions if it bothers you that muchThis one I did last week. It actually wasn't that bad. I misunderstood how it worked initially so I did a complete track of Arah before I realized I had to pick a specific one for that. But I did that too. I get bored with WvW easily but since I rarely do it, it was fun for those few days.Mystic clovers ... I have stacks of these from reward tracks but for people that PvE only I think fractal vendor is the only surefire wayI got pretty luck I have almost 70 and only used 160 attempts at the mystic toilet. I'll wait for the next monthly reward to complete them.Crystalline ore: open Noxious pods in Dragon's stand , do Dragon's stand metaFulgurite : do HoT metasYeah that's what I'm doing. It's where the amalgamated gemstones come in as well. It's a bit of a thing because on the one hand you can get one gemstone per meta per day but on the other you also need keys to open things like pods. So in the past I used the reward that gave me more keys but I think I need to rethink that strategy depending on the map.I highly recommend doing it via HoT as opposed to PoF. PoF's elegy mosaics are extremely high in randomness (need 400) and funerary incenses are ridiculously timegated (you need 250 and they can only be bought from Primeval Steward unless you do renown hearts in Vabbi). As elegy mosaics pretty much only drop from legendary bounties and not champion bounties, you'll be grinding legendary bounty trains.Yeah I figured the same.HoT requires 800 map currency (aurilium , airship parts, leyline crystals), and 250 fulgurite + 250 crystalline ore to make 250 crystalline ingot. Just doing the metas should give you significant progress but even when metas aren't active doing just about anything on the respective map rewards map currency.Yeah what I'm low on is auric sand. I've got about 150 fulgurites at the moment, just waiting to do more AB meta's.

Anyway thanks and also thanks to @Cyninja.2954

Main thing is that I don't let it burn me out and just mix it up and make sure I do those meta's regularly as well. Cheers.

As mentioned in another thread ...

@"Khisanth.2948" said:This has nothing to do with selling but since you are crafting a 2h weapon don't forget to make the shards by converting(through https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Enormous_Chest_of_Legendary_Shards) from an offhand(torch,shield, warhorn or focus) shards instead of crafting directly. The savings is over 200g.

This reduces your requirements down to 24k elder wood logs and 28k mithril ores.

You can get a mystic coin per day from the ley line anomaly event.

I felt the grind for the Shining Blade compared to Hope but only for amalgamated gemstones. I just did the collections first and luckily I had so much HOT map currencies before I took a break that the only real grind for an item that I did not have was the amalgamated gemstones. Mystic clovers, if you do fractals are less rng but slower. Mystic coins are just more expensive.

As already mentioned.

1. Hot seems easier to get the shards
  2. You're gonna end up buying the Mith and Elder wood most likely. I also bought most of the amalgamated gemstones.
  3. Get collections out of the way first then you can just do what you feel like and save up gold. I just did a what I felt like everyday so I don't burn out. You can buy the Mith and Elder wood. Amal gemstones is up to you if you want to grind, or buy some of em.

@Khisanth.2948 said:As mentioned in another thread ...

@Khisanth.2948 said:This has nothing to do with selling but since you are crafting a 2h weapon don't forget to make the shards by converting(through
) from an offhand(torch,shield, warhorn or focus) shards instead of crafting directly. The savings is over 200g.

This reduces your requirements down to 24k elder wood logs and 28k mithril ores.I'm not sure I understand this. I see a mystic toilet recipe that requires 100 shards and yields 75 shards of the type I need and it's not clear to me what sort of off hand you refer to that would give shards.

Edit: Oh wait, do you mean crafting the cheaper shards like liturgy and trade them via this recipe into Spero Shards? Yeah I see how that would work. Thanks!

@Mushuchalaka.9437 said:I felt the grind for the Shining Blade compared to Hope but only for amalgamated gemstones. I just did the collections first and luckily I had so much HOT map currencies before I took a break that the only real grind for an item that I did not have was the amalgamated gemstones. Mystic clovers, if you do fractals are less rng but slower. Mystic coins are just more expensive.

Well I've got the clovers sorted. And I am talking about doing fractals maybe to get some of the missing core mastery points.As already mentioned.

2. You're gonna end up buying the Mith and Elder wood most likely. I also bought most of the amalgamated gemstones.
  3. Get collections out of the way first then you can just do what you feel like and save up gold. I just did a what I felt like everyday so I don't burn out. You can buy the Mith and Elder wood. Amal gemstones is up to you if you want to grind, or buy some of em.Not sure which collections you mean but I have the gift of the mists, maguuma and insights already sorted.

The one thing I do need to do still is get 7 more core mastery points. That's why I'm considering fractals as I said but I'm a bit hesitant because I've never done them but I'll bite that bullet if I need to.

All in all it's just a lot of stuff to buy or gather and I'm not a big fan of doing the same things over and over again so I do need to watch that I don't burn myself out on the game at the same time.

@"Gehenna.3625" said:And for the mastery points I've seen there is some content I never did namely triple trouble, fractals and some legendary bosses in Silverwastes. I would need 7 more mastery points. Which content would be my best bet?

If you have seven left to get, then the legendaries in the Silverwastes plus the Triple Trouble will more than suffice. (Four SW legendaries plus one extra point for doing all four of them = five, plus one point for each head, one point for completing the ten related achievements and one bonus point for killing all the heads = five more, total ten. Note that you can't do the whole thing in one instance of the event.) Look at the https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mastery_point_unlocks page for a full list.

I presume you already did the nine Central Tyria world-map Mastery Insights? https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/MasteryInsights(Central_Tyria)

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:

@"Gehenna.3625" said:And for the mastery points I've seen there is some content I never did namely triple trouble, fractals and some legendary bosses in Silverwastes. I would need 7 more mastery points. Which content would be my best bet?

If you have seven left to get, then the legendaries in the Silverwastes plus the Triple Trouble will more than suffice. (Four SW legendaries plus one extra point for doing all four of them = five, plus one point for each head, one point for completing the ten related achievements and one bonus point for killing all the heads = five more, total ten. Note that you can't do the whole thing in one instance of the event.) Look at the
page for a full list.Thanks for picking this topic up. I've been in the Silverwastes but never saw any of these Legendary bosses. I guess it's just a matter of hanging around and waiting till I see them. According to the wiki they appear "rarely".

The triple trouble boss seems to be tricky as I participated twice and they both failed but at least I know what that's about.

I presume you already did the nine Central Tyria world-map Mastery Insights? https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/MasteryInsights(Central_Tyria)Your presumption is correct. :)

@Gehenna.3625 said:

@Gehenna.3625 said:And for the mastery points I've seen there is some content I never did namely triple trouble, fractals and some legendary bosses in Silverwastes. I would need 7 more mastery points. Which content would be my best bet?

If you have seven left to get, then the legendaries in the Silverwastes plus the Triple Trouble will more than suffice. (Four SW legendaries plus one extra point for doing all four of them = five, plus one point for each head, one point for completing the ten related achievements and one bonus point for killing all the heads = five more, total ten. Note that you can't do the whole thing in one instance of the event.) Look at the
page for a full list.Thanks for picking this topic up. I've been in the Silverwastes but never saw any of these Legendary bosses. I guess it's just a matter of hanging around and waiting till I see them. According to the wiki they appear "rarely".

If you join in a "RIBA" group to follow the meta, they pop reasonably often. (For readers who aren't "in the know", "RIBA" is Red, Indigo, Blue, Amber, which are the colours of the four Pact forts in the map (away from Camp Resolve). A RIBA group goes round the four forts and progresses the meta, primarily for loot farming from bandit chests, but they'll also put a big fat smack-down on the legendaries when they pop.)

The triple trouble boss seems to be tricky as I participated twice and they both failed but at least I know what that's about.

For people on EU servers, Open Community and GW2 Community both organise regular runs of Triple Trouble, and they normally succeed at it. They coordinate by TeamSpeak, but there's no need for shy people to speak up - the voice-chat is there so that they can deliver coordination in a way that's easier than typing during fights. I haven't tried GW2 Community's runs, but the folks at Open Community do a really good job at organising the thing.

I presume you already did the nine Central Tyria world-map Mastery Insights?
Your presumption is correct. :)

I thought it was worth mentioning, as not everyone knows all the ins and outs of the game.

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:

@Gehenna.3625 said:And for the mastery points I've seen there is some content I never did namely triple trouble, fractals and some legendary bosses in Silverwastes. I would need 7 more mastery points. Which content would be my best bet?

If you join in a "RIBA" group to follow the meta, they pop reasonably often. (For readers who aren't "in the know", "RIBA" is Red, Indigo, Blue, Amber, which are the colours of the four Pact forts in the map (away from Camp Resolve). A RIBA group goes round the four forts and progresses the meta, primarily for loot farming from bandit chests, but they'll also put a big fat smack-down on the legendaries when they pop.)

For people on EU servers, Open Community and GW2 Community both organise regular runs of Triple Trouble, and they normally succeed at it. They coordinate by TeamSpeak, but there's no need for shy people to speak up - the voice-chat is there so that they can deliver coordination in a way that's easier than typing during fights. I haven't tried GW2 Community's runs, but the folks at Open Community do a really good job at organising the thing.

I presume you already did the nine Central Tyria world-map Mastery Insights?
Your presumption is correct. :)

I thought it was worth mentioning, as not everyone knows all the ins and outs of the game.

Thanks, this is very helpful indeed!

I'll try to keep this sort, but it's me so I can't promise anything.

1) Make a list of everything you need and how to get it. I think GW2 Efficiency will do this automatically but I do it by going through the Wiki pages and making a spreadsheet. This serves two purposes: firstly it avoids any nasty surprises, you won't get almost to the end and then find there's something with a very long time-gate preventing you from progressing. Secondly it gives you a list of options so you can choose what to work on.

2) Accept it's going to take a long time and therefore there's no point rushing it. The last thing you want is to finish it and feel so burned out on the game you don't want to play at all. If you don't feel like working on your legendary that day do something else, in GW2 or otherwise.

3) Focus on the things that are not going to progress any other way. Mystic Coins come from login rewards so it's actually best to put that off as long as possible so you get more free ones. Mithril and Elder Wood you can gather any time you pass a node. Work on the stuff which you have to go out of your way to get, like mastery points. (And for getting those I recommend doing whatever content you enjoy most. No point forcing yourself to do something you can't stand just because someone who loves it told you it's quicker for them than the things you enjoy.)

4) At the risk of contradicting point 3 if you're bored with a particular part of the process switch to something else. (This is where it helps to have a list of what you need to do.)

5) Look for stuff you can sell, especially crafting materials. This is also where it helps to have a list - you do not want to be the person who sold all their sapphire orbs only to realise they need those later on. But anything you don't need can be sold, even if it's not worth much on it's own it will add up. You also don't need to completely wipe out your supplies - for example I keep 50 of each cooking material - it's more than I'm ever likely to need in a short time period but a lot less than the materials tab holds so I can sell all the extra I've collected when I need gold.

@Danikat.8537 said:I'll try to keep this sort, but it's me so I can't promise anything.Hehe, no worries. I'm not offended by walls of text and this is a more normal size post to me :)1) Make a list of everything you need and how to get it. I think GW2 Efficiency will do this automatically but I do it by going through the Wiki pages and making a spreadsheet. This serves two purposes: firstly it avoids any nasty surprises, you won't get almost to the end and then find there's something with a very long time-gate preventing you from progressing. Secondly it gives you a list of options so you can choose what to work on.Yeah I'm pretty good with math so I could run that myself. I did indeed run into some nasty surprises. I can do this without the tools mentioned but it's good advice in general.2) Accept it's going to take a long time and therefore there's no point rushing it. The last thing you want is to finish it and feel so burned out on the game you don't want to play at all. If you don't feel like working on your legendary that day do something else, in GW2 or otherwise.I think this is the main thing for me right there.3) Focus on the things that are not going to progress any other way. Mystic Coins come from login rewards so it's actually best to put that off as long as possible so you get more free ones. Mithril and Elder Wood you can gather any time you pass a node. Work on the stuff which you have to go out of your way to get, like mastery points. (And for getting those I recommend doing whatever content you enjoy most. No point forcing yourself to do something you can't stand just because someone who loves it told you it's quicker for them than the things you enjoy.)Mystic coins do come from login rewards but as I've used them for other things in the past (collections) and I've got my clovers sorted there is still a deficit of 250 coins. That's a long wait with the login rewards. So I will have to spend some gold on that.4) At the risk of contradicting point 3 if you're bored with a particular part of the process switch to something else. (This is where it helps to have a list of what you need to do.)Yeah I try to do this. I'm the kind of person who likes to set a goal and go for it but that's not the best approach here.5) Look for stuff you can sell, especially crafting materials. This is also where it helps to have a list - you do not want to be the person who sold all their sapphire orbs only to realise they need those later on. But anything you don't need can be sold, even if it's not worth much on it's own it will add up. You also don't need to completely wipe out your supplies - for example I keep 50 of each cooking material - it's more than I'm ever likely to need in a short time period but a lot less than the materials tab holds so I can sell all the extra I've collected when I need gold.Yeah, I think the main issue for me is that I've been doing a lot of the specialization collections and crafted some ascended gear which really is an assault on your materials reserve. Right now the thing is that of all the materials I can gather, elder wood is worth the most valuable one. So there is little point in spending time on gathering other things but I took the focus off that because it's mad to set goals of thousands. I've stopped with the collections for now so I can just use all my resources for this goal and even then it will take quite a while so I really just need to take it easy on that.

@Gehenna.3625 said:Yeah, I think the main issue for me is that I've been doing a lot of the specialization collections and crafted some ascended gear which really is an assault on your materials reserve. Right now the thing is that of all the materials I can gather, elder wood is worth the most valuable one. So there is little point in spending time on gathering other things but I took the focus off that because it's mad to set goals of thousands. I've stopped with the collections for now so I can just use all my resources for this goal and even then it will take quite a while so I really just need to take it easy on that.

If you don't have one yourself, it's worth keeping an ear open whenever you're in one of the racial capital cities for people offering home instance gathering tours. Sure, you can do it only once a day, but that's three fewer of every wood and ore resource, some leather and cloth pieces, and a variety of other odds and ends, including jade frags, kralk ore and Mistonium... (If you haven't finished the Elegy and Requiem collections yet, a few Mistonium every day does add up.)

@Gehenna.3625 said:

@Khisanth.2948 said:As mentioned in another thread ...

@Khisanth.2948 said:This has nothing to do with selling but since you are crafting a 2h weapon don't forget to make the shards by converting(through
) from an offhand(torch,shield, warhorn or focus) shards instead of crafting directly. The savings is over 200g.

This reduces your requirements down to 24k elder wood logs and 28k mithril ores.I'm not sure I understand this. I see a mystic toilet recipe that requires 100 shards and yields 75 shards of the type I need and it's not clear to me what sort of off hand you refer to that would give shards.

Edit: Oh wait, do you mean crafting the cheaper shards like liturgy and trade them via this recipe into Spero Shards? Yeah I see how that would work. Thanks!

@Mushuchalaka.9437 said:I felt the grind for the Shining Blade compared to Hope but only for amalgamated gemstones. I just did the collections first and luckily I had so much HOT map currencies before I took a break that the only real grind for an item that I did not have was the amalgamated gemstones. Mystic clovers, if you do fractals are less rng but slower. Mystic coins are just more expensive.

Well I've got the clovers sorted. And I am talking about doing fractals maybe to get some of the missing core mastery points.As already mentioned.
  3. Get collections out of the way first then you can just do what you feel like and save up gold. I just did a what I felt like everyday so I don't burn out. You can buy the Mith and Elder wood. Amal gemstones is up to you if you want to grind, or buy some of em.Not sure which collections you mean but I have the gift of the mists, maguuma and insights already sorted.

The one thing I do need to do still is get 7 more core mastery points. That's why I'm considering fractals as I said but I'm a bit hesitant because I've never done them but I'll bite that bullet if I need to.

All in all it's just a lot of stuff to buy or gather and I'm not a big fan of doing the same things over and over again so I do need to watch that I don't burn myself out on the game at the same time.

Ah yes I mean in general for any Legendary, like map completion(for your gifts),stuff like that, I complete first. I leave all the stuff I can buy/grind last so I can just play and the mats/gold save up doing whatever I feel like so I don't burn out. The 2.5 Legendaries including Pharus don't require much collection save for what you mentioned and the Gift of the Mists, which do require Cube of Stabilized Dark Energy which requires salvaging of ascended equipment. Fractals drops rings quite often and you can get them basically for free with fractal relics with chance of getting ascended armor drops. For rings infused drops more Stabilizing Matrix from savlaging.

1  Ball of Dark Energy75  Stabilizing Matrix

T1 Fractals is the learning ground and inexperienced are expected. Even if players are doing their recs, 2 or 3 fractal veterans can carry 2 or 3 inexperienced players, so don't worry about not knowing them. You might actually like it and keep doing fractals too like I did.

For Silver Waste Legendary bosses. It's been quite some time since I've been there but if it hasn't changed, I recall perhaps not so coincidentially, when I upgraded a keep to the max level by escorting supplies, they spawned quite frequently. This was before RIBA where people just defended keeps. Also call out in map chat you're looking for them and players will be glad to give you a call out.

Good Luck and don't burn yourself out.

You can get legendary shards from laurel vendor (10 laurels for a chest of 3 shards). It won't solve the problem completely but it helps.Do daily fractals and you'll be able to buy 2 mystic clovers daily without risking fail like in mystic forge. It'll save you a shitton of mystic coins.PvP and WvW reward tracks will give you 2 free mystic clovers once you complete them. This can be redone as much as you like - most tracks are repeatable.

Don't sweat over mithril and elder wood, that's job for black lion trading post and your gold. If you'll be doing fractals at least, you'll have that gold to help you along the way :)

Istan meta (especially raid on Palawadan) is a huge source of tier 6 and tier 5 mats - just get lotsa volatile magic there then buy trophy crates (and open them) at vendor near waypoint.

Amalgamated gemstones are a pain to farm, you can make some in mystic forge or buy'em.

And you better not be allergic to doing HoT metas or Crystal Desert farm ;)

@ZeftheWicked.3076 said:Don't sweat over mithril and elder wood, that's job for black lion trading post and your gold. If you'll be doing fractals at least, you'll have that gold to help you along the way :)

Also, the Silverwastes meta is probably the highest intensity in terms of regular loot drops for salvaging. If you are doing that anyway, it's a good source for Elder Wood and Mithril Ingots. It's also highest intensity for Rare drops, you get a guaranteed rare drop for each first successful event daily, which means 5+ rares. Good for ectos if you need them.

Pharus is up on GW2efficiency: https://gw2efficiency.com/crafting/calculator/a~0!b~1!c~0!d~1-89854

Total cost as of this post: 2,856g 67s 67c

Most notable cost:35,550 Elder Wood - 768 gold484 Mystic Coins - 582 gold250 Amalgamated Gemstone - 450 gold15,950 Mithril Ingot - 271 gold

The name T2.5 legendaries is well deserved on the later T2 ones. They literally cost almost 2.5 times the amount of gold compared to T1. Only Twilight, Bolt and Sunrise even come close with their approximately 1.5-1.6k gold crafting cost (and they are still 500-800 gold cheaper than the cheapest T2).

Plan ahead, don't buy those materials when prices are spiking (say after a patch which introduces a new legendary, like maybe the great-sword next living world episode). Use buy orders as much as possible, you can literally save hundreds of gold.

Once again as mentioned earlier, take your time.

Good Luck.

Just wond> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

Pharus is up on GW2efficiency: https://gw2efficiency.com/crafting/calculator/a~0!b~1!c~0!d~1-89854

Most notable cost:35,550 Elder Wood - 768 gold484 Mystic Coins - 582 gold250 Amalgamated Gemstone - 450 gold15,950 Mithril Ingot - 271 gold

The name T2.5 legendaries is well deserved on the later T2 ones. They literally cost almost 2.5 times the amount of gold compared to T1. Only Twilight, Bolt and Sunrise even come close with their approximately 1.5-1.6k gold crafting cost (and they are still 500-800 gold cheaper than the cheapest T2).

Plan ahead, don't buy those materials when prices are spiking (say after a patch which introduces a new legendary, like maybe the great-sword next living world episode). Use buy orders as much as possible, you can literally save hundreds of gold.

Good Luck.

Just wondering for a relatively new player without much mats or currencies (karma/ spirit shards/ etc), can I craft the Pharus with just 2856 gold or there are mats that are not purchasable but forced to grind them? In Another word - can I craft the bow if I have a lot of gold and does not want the hassle to grind anything?

@DHung.5263 said:Just wond> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

Pharus is up on GW2efficiency:

Good Luck.

Just wondering for a relatively new player without much mats or currencies, can I craft the Pharus with just 2856 gold or there are mats that are not purchasable but forced to grind them? In Another word - can I craft the bow if I have a lot of gold and does not want the hassle to grind anything?

Account bound materials required:

• Gift of Battle (around 6-8 hours of WvW)
  • 514 Obsidian Shards (1,079,400 Karma, unless you use other methods to acquire Mystic Clovers which too require more time)
  • 1,404 Philosopher's Stone (meaning it's 1,404 Spirit Shards)
  • Bloodstone Shard (another 200 Spirit Shards)
  • 250 Crystalline Ore (at around 40-50 per Dragon Stand meta, that's around 5 full Dragon Stand metas. Another 6-7 hours)
  • 250 Ley Line Spark
  • 250 Pile of Auric Dust
  • 250 Bottle of Airship Oil
  • Gift of the Jungle (Map complete Dragon Stand, easily done while farming Crystaline Ore)
  • Gift of the Fleet (Map complete Verdant Brink)
  • Gift of Tarir (Map compete Auric Basin)
  • 290 Tribute to Spero (1 costs 20 unbound magic, volatile magic or other resource. Given that Unbounb Magic is probably easiest to farm, 5800 Unbound Magic is 3-4 trips through the Winterberry Forest)
  • multiple other lesser account bound materials not worth mentioning

Even if the gold required is probably the by far biggest time sink, I'd estimate the other materials at around 20-30 hours of farming. That is if you know where and how to get these materials efficiently. Can't really make an estimate for Karma and Spirit Shards since I haven't farmed those in ages.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@DHung.5263 said:Just wond> @Cyninja.2954 said:

Pharus is up on GW2efficiency:

Good Luck.

Just wondering for a relatively new player without much mats or currencies, can I craft the Pharus with just 2856 gold or there are mats that are not purchasable but forced to grind them? In Another word - can I craft the bow if I have a lot of gold and does not want the hassle to grind anything?

Account bound materials required:
  • Gift of Battle (around 6-8 hours of WvW)
  • 514 Obsidian Shards (1,079,400 Karma, unless you use other methods to acquire Mystic Clovers which too require more time)
  • 1,404 Philosopher's Stone (meaning it's 1,404 Spirit Shards)
  • Bloodstone Shard (another 200 Spirit Shards)
  • 250 Crystalline Ore (at around 40-50 per Dragon Stand meta, that's around 5 full Dragon Stand metas. Another 6-7 hours)
  • 250 Ley Line Spark
  • 250 Pile of Auric Dust
  • 250 Bottle of Airship Oil
  • Gift of the Jungle (Map complete Dragon Stand, easily done while farming Crystaline Ore)
  • Gift of the Fleet (Map complete Verdant Brink)
  • Gift of Tarir (Map compete Auric Basin)
  • 290 Tribute to Spero (1 costs 20 unbound magic, volatile magic or other resource. Given that Unbounb Magic is probably easiest to farm, 5800 Unbound Magic is 3-4 trips through the Winterberry Forest)
  • multiple other lesser account bound materials not worth mentioning

Even if the gold required is probably the by far biggest time sink, I'd estimate the other materials at around 20-30 hours of farming. That is if you know where and how to get these materials efficiently. Can't really make an estimate for Karma and Spirit Shards since I haven't farmed those in ages.

Wow so on top of those gold required, there’s a bunch of things to grind too +_+grinding 1mil+ karma alone already burn me out..

The Orr maps are a good place to farm Elderwood and Mithril. If you have enough Karma you can purchase Obi shards from the vendor at the Cathedral of Silence.

Edit: Here's something I do that helps when you have spare time.

Look at the TP and see what is selling good as far as materials go. Go to the maps that have these gathering nodes and sell them.

@Loosmaster.8263 said:The Orr maps are a good place to farm Elderwood and Mithril. If you have enough Karma you can purchase Obi shards from the vendor at the Cathedral of Silence.

Edit: Here's something I do that helps when you have spare time.

Look at the TP and see what is selling good as far as materials go. Go to the maps that have these gathering nodes and sell them.

Yeah I did that and something that sells really well as far as materials go, is elder wood...