What's the point of having a second GW2 account?

GW Noob.6038

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The main items: 55 laurels a month worth about 30 gold or so. 22 mystic coins worth a little over a gold each, plus 1 each time there is a mystic forge crafting daily. That is about 50 plus gold a month.

Other items: 2 bags a month of fine mats. An account bound exotic piece of gear each month that can be salvaged or saved up to use in the mystic forge, which gets an exotic that can be sold. A key running slot and 10 tomes a month to level it: many items from key running are account bound but the gold earned and mats can be mailed to the main account. If you get enough scraps you can get a black Lion weapon, probably worth around 30 gold. An account to run an extra daily on, worth 2 gold a day for a few minutes work (or 60 gold a month).

So if you log in each day and do the daily it’s a little over 100 gold a month or 3-4 gold a day just for that or an extra 1200 gold a year.

@GW Noob.6038 said:

@"DaShi.1368" said:Laurels and mystic coins

Receiving more Mystic Coins would definitely be a plus...but Laurels are account bound and wouldn't do me any good on my main account, would they?

They do if you trade them in for items that can be sold on the TP. This is what a lot of people with alt accounts do with them.

https://gw2efficiency.com/currencies/laurels

Edit: Keep in mind when people are talking about profiting from alt accounts that means a paid account. Free to play alt accounts don't get log in rewards and it isn't possible to transfer gold to another account as well. A lot of people with alt login reward accounts bought them when they were on sale cheap. For example several years ago there was a sale on core accounts for like $10 I think. After several months the gold earned from those accounts exceeds what you would get from converting $10 to gems and then buying gold.

@"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:The main items: 55 laurels a month worth about 30 gold or so. 22 mystic coins worth a little over a gold each, plus 1 each time there is a mystic forge crafting daily. That is about 50 plus gold a month.

Other items: 2 bags a month of fine mats. An account bound exotic piece of gear each month that can be salvaged or saved up to use in the mystic forge, which gets an exotic that can be sold. A key running slot and 10 tomes a month to level it: many items from key running are account bound but the gold earned and mats can be mailed to the main account. If you get enough scraps you can get a black Lion weapon, probably worth around 30 gold. An account to run an extra daily on, worth 2 gold a day for a few minutes work (or 60 gold a month).

So if you log in each day and do the daily it’s a little over 100 gold a month or 3-4 gold a day just for that or an extra 1200 gold a year.

Those are good reasons to create a second account. Now, just to clarify: by a "key running slot" you're talking about the Black Lion key reward from the the level 10 personal story quest? I was just looking into working that into my daily schedule. Thanks, Flesh Wound!

@GW Noob.6038 said:

@"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:The main items: 55 laurels a month worth about 30 gold or so. 22 mystic coins worth a little over a gold each, plus 1 each time there is a mystic forge crafting daily. That is about 50 plus gold a month.

Those are good reasons to create a second account. Now, just to clarify: by a "key running slot" you're talking about the Black Lion key reward from the the level 10 personal story quest? I was just looking into working that into my daily schedule. Thanks, Flesh Wound!

Yes a key runner is a slot for character you can run the level 10 story for the key and then delete it so you can create another and run it again the next week. Most people do the Human story > choose commoner > during the story rescue the orphanage. Many consider it the fastest. Also worth mentioning you will need enough Tomes of Knowledge or Experience Scrolls to immediately boost the character to level 10 and then start the story.

@JustTrogdor.7892 said:

@"DaShi.1368" said:Laurels and mystic coins

Receiving more Mystic Coins would definitely be a plus...but Laurels are account bound and wouldn't do me any good on my main account, would they?

They do if you trade them in for items that can be sold on the TP. This is what a lot of people with alt accounts do with them.

Edit: Keep in mind when people are talking about profiting from alt accounts that means a paid account. Free to play alt accounts don't get log in rewards and it isn't possible to transfer gold to another account as well. A lot of people with alt login reward accounts bought them when they were on sale cheap.

Makes sense...I'll keep an eye on the expansions and wait 'til they're on sale.

@JustTrogdor.7892 said:Yes a key runner is a slot for character you can run the level 10 story for the key and then delete it so you can create another and run it again the next week. Most people do the Human story > choose commoner > during the story rescue the orphanage. Many consider it the fastest.

Only once a week? I was under the impression that it could be done multiple times everyday! XD

@GW Noob.6038 said:

@JustTrogdor.7892 said:Yes a key runner is a slot for character you can run the level 10 story for the key and then delete it so you can create another and run it again the next week. Most people do the Human story > choose commoner > during the story rescue the orphanage. Many consider it the fastest.

Only once a week? I was under the impression that it could be done multiple times everyday! XD

It used to be able to be done more often, then they nerfed it to once a week. I understand why since it really only takes about 20 minutes once you learn how. Once completed it can't be done again until the weekly reset each Monday.

About leveling the key runner.

What I used to do before I had a lot of tomes is level the key runner by doing the first heart or two on the human map to reach level 3 then do enough crafting at each crafting profession to get a couple levels each till I reached level 10. I’d place buy orders for copper, green wood and jute scraps and turn them into ingots, planks and bolts then sell them to recoup my costs. You can always do the ordering on your main account and mail the mats to your alt account.

Or to reduce crafting you can do the first Heart or two on each racial map (you have the waypoint automatically unlocked on each starter map) to get a few levels then finish with crafting. Takes a bit more time but some people hate crafting.

About leveling the key runner.

What I used to do before I had a lot of tomes is level the key runner by doing the first heart or two on the human map to reach level 3 then do enough crafting at each crafting profession to get a couple levels each till I reached level 10. I’d place buy orders for copper, green wood and jute scraps and turn them into ingots, planks and bolts then sell them to recoup my costs. You can always do the ordering on your main account and mail the mats to your alt account.

Or to reduce crafting you can do the first Heart or two on each racial map (you have the waypoint automatically unlocked on each starter map) to get a few levels then finish with crafting. Takes a bit more time but some people hate crafting.

When I first started playing I got into food crafting...you can level super fast just making balls of dough! You can easily get to level 10 in just a few mins.

I have 3 accounts: my main one, a second one with just the base game and a free account.

As well as the potential to get more gold/items I occasionally find it fun to play on an account without all the stuff my main account has (kind of a novelty or nostalgia thing) and I sometimes find it useful to check things I can't see on my main account, like which gem store items are locked for people who don't own the expansions or what free accounts are able to access.

@kharmin.7683 said:Alt accounts sounds like too much work for me. ;)

Getting the login rewards doesn't take long at all. At least not on one account, I'm not sure about people who have multiple alt accounts.

I have a second shortcut with the account name and password input automatically (this does mean anyone could use it, but if someone is in that folder on my PC and their first thought is to log into my alt account they're an idiot, and I won't lose much because there's barely anything on it). So I double click that link, browse the internet for a minute or so until it's opened the game and logged me in, hit enter, wait until its loaded into the character and click two or three times to claim the login reward. Then I hit the X in the corner to close it down and open my main account. It only takes a few minutes and I don't have to pay much attention to do it.

Once a month or so I spend a bit longer to sort through what I've got and send anything I want over to my main account, and if I don't want the gold right away I can always skip that.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:The main items: 55 laurels a month worth about 30 gold or so. 22 mystic coins worth a little over a gold each, plus 1 each time there is a mystic forge crafting daily. That is about 50 plus gold a month.

i was lazy to start second account everyday. but when i read this all it’s free gold. thanks for confirm it. i will take that few minutes for this from now. it’s unfortunately i can’t start 2 accounts at the same time with one pc. :)

@"GW Noob.6038" said:Given the fact that most of the good stuff is account-bound, I don't see the point of having a second GW2 account. Enlighten me.

Apparently, many people are leeching events through multi-boxing to increase their chances of valuable loot. I am against it and don't understand why ANet would allow multi-boxing in the first place.

Others use it to be able to play on different WvW servers and "scout" the enemy or play a game of take/retake for Karma rewards etc. This should be forbidden as well IMO, but ANet makes money out of people buying the game more than once.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:The main items: 55 laurels a month worth about 30 gold or so.

Question: What's the point? You can't transfer those to your main account, so it will leave each account at the same monthly amount of laurels.

You purchase something like T6 mats and send those over to you main account. This has been fairly common knowledge since laurels were added to the game.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:The main items: 55 laurels a month worth about 30 gold or so.

Question: What's the point? You can't transfer those to your main account, so it will leave each account at the same monthly amount of laurels.

You purchase something like T6 mats and send those over to you main account. This has been fairly common knowledge since laurels were added to the game.

I think I look upon laurels differently, because I am in constant need of them and always have a laurel shortage. ;)