Chasing Tales Issues [Merged]

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did the spider thing with the dragon axe at least 15 times, no achievement.Same for the 20sec cd; I did meta events, I did spiders, I used a 20sec cd skill, I used a chrono, I change map, repeat, I change character, repeat ... is it 20 sec between each mobs or for all ? repeat ... no achievement .... ragequit.This is kitten; at least if we could have a little icon or something to indicate the window or the progress...

Buying Chasing Tales: Codd the Cheerful does not complete the Chasing Tales: Guidance achievement, or at least it didn't for me. This is pretty minor since it would only affect players who hadn't already cleared the achievement by purchasing one of the other items, and affected players can still clear the achievement by purchasing another Chasing Tales item. But I didn't see any other posts on it and I felt like it was worth mentioning. Thx :)

I have now tried this achievement again on the spiders south of the Barracks, on two different classes, and can concretely confirm that his achievement is genuinely bugged or broken. As per other people's suggestion, I killed the veteran spider and it's 4 hatchlings, totaling 5 enemies, while absolutely below 10& health (I was at ~650HP out of ~21,600 max) on my dual axe wielding warrior, and did not get the achievement. I then went on to kill another 6 spiders around the room, all at below 2100HP, all within 5 minutes of the initial kill, now totaling 10 enemies withing 5 minutes and below 10% health, and got no achievement. I swapped to my ranger wielding only an axe and torch, and proceeded to do the same thing at a constant and unbroken ~339 HP, again killing the veteran spider and it's hatchling, and then proceeding around the room killing several other trash mobs. Throughout this whole process I never entered downed state nor did I exit combat or heal above 10%. Thinking it might be because of conditions, I proceeded to use only axe autoattack, with nothing but the one axe equipped as a weapon, with my pet on passive, and again killed the veteran spider, it's minions, and another 4 or 5 spiders nearby, all while at ~174 HP, never once breaking combat. I still do not have the achievement. It is one hundred percent nonfunctional for my account.

@Gaesesagai.9421 said:For Chasing Tales: Like a Wounded Beast, someone posted on reddit an easy way to do it and it works:

• Use a necromancer
  • Use corruption skills to lower your health to below 10%
  • Activate Shroud and kill stuff fast

Yeah, I tried the necromancer thing. Had enemies attack me to get under 10% health (was at 25 hp for one group) and killed several groups of enemies in shroud. Should have sufficed for the achievement three times over but did not get it. It's bugged.

received this response from anet:

Thank you for contacting Guild Wars 2 Support regarding the "Chasing Tales: Asaliea the Channeler" achievement. We sincerely appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Currently, we are aware of this issue and are going to continue investigating. Unfortunately, we currently do not have an ETA on a solution. Be sure to keep your eyes on any upcoming patch notes for hotfixes! I'm afraid we not able to grant the item or achievement, but we sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding while we work this out!

So wait it out I guess :(

@Kelly.7019 said:I'm gunna have to wait for this one i guess. 1 week? 1 month? kinda need it to finish :(

Today or tomorrow it seemed like. They mentioned that they had been silent during the monthly forum chat because they were chasing bugs but now they’re available to post again. Makes me think that they resolved a lot of them and it’s now in QA.

Tuesday if they decide to bundle the fixes with their bi-weekly updates.

If you look at the instant-consume "items" that the rifle achievements award to give progress, Chasing Tales: Preemptive Strike (10 kills without taking a hit) and Chasing Tales: Deadly Accuracy (30 kills) both give the item for Deadly Accuracy. I'm guessing this might be the source of the bug. If you completed Preemptive Strike first it incorrectly gives the item for Deadly Accuracy so when you actually complete Deadly Accuracy it probably thinks you already have it or something and doesn't trigger.

@"Sita Droowan.5983" said:"Chasing Tales: Deadly Accuracy" doesnt work. I killed more than 300 enemies with my rifle (DEAD EYE) during the METAs and on different spots in the new map. I tried branded, bears, spiders, everything I could find on the new map without switching weapons. Doesnt work. I cannot finish the achievment.

Two of the achievements award the same item. It’s like the one for the focus only that you can’t complete the achievement.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@"Sita Droowan.5983" said:"Chasing Tales: Deadly Accuracy" doesn
t work. I killed more than 300 enemies with my rifle (DEAD EYE) during the METAs and on different spots in the new map. I tried branded, bears, spiders, everything I could find on the new map without switching weapons. Doesn
t work. I cannot finish the achievment.

Two of the achievements award the same item. It’s like the one for the focus only that you can’t complete the achievement.

Wrote a ticket the same day. I`m curious, how long it will take ´til they fix it.