Game client losing connection at end of From the Ashes - Confront the sniper (cannot finish mission)

Finish the battle against the sniper, and when she teleports to the middle of the map and goes on about how you should finish her off, before I can do anything the game client hangs for a moment and then I get kicked back to the character select screen with a message saying the client has lost connection.

I've tried doing a repair on the client, but that has had no effect. I've had no other issues with the mission, but once I get to that point I can no longer progress. The mission is available to restart the next time I log in.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

This sounds like the same problem people are having in this thread: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/28354/storyline-disconnects-merged/p1

Some solutions mentioned in there you might try:

• Delete game cache data in your AppData directory (Directions)
  • Skip all cutscenes
  • Press your auto-attack skill button (usually the 1 key) during the cutscene
  • Update drivers (more by gateless gate.8406 here)
  • Change your graphics settings, make sure your in-game resolution matches Windows resolution

There's 7 pages of discussion there, so there may be other things to try. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a one size fits all fix for this bug.