Will mirage ever get a proper nerf?

UfoCoffee.2084

The only reason mirage didn't get a "proper nerf" is the amount of clueless people wanting to get mirage nerf on the wrong things.Mirage mains said over and over again what needs to change but ANet chooses to cater to clueless qq'ers instead hence the result you see, wrong nerfs everywhere.So yeah, you're actually part of the problem, not the solution.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:The only reason mirage didn't get a "proper nerf" is the amount of clueless people wanting to get mirage nerf on the wrong things.Mirage mains said over and over again what needs to change but ANet chooses to cater to clueless qq'ers instead hence the result you see, wrong nerfs everywhere.So yeah, you're actually part of the problem, not the solution.

Only good comment in every "nerf mirage" threads.

Wow i saw that video of jawgeous someone posted, as much as i like the guy, that's the dumbest rant ever. All he's doing is basicaly "LOOK AT THIS IT DOES DAMAGE".

@"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:The only reason mirage didn't get a "proper nerf" is the amount of clueless people wanting to get mirage nerf on the wrong things.Mirage mains said over and over again what needs to change but ANet chooses to cater to clueless qq'ers instead hence the result you see, wrong nerfs everywhere.So yeah, you're actually part of the problem, not the solution.

So you think mirage mechanics and damage is balanced right now?

@everyman.4375 said:

Wow i saw that video of jawgeous someone posted, as much as i like the guy, that's the dumbest rant ever. All he's doing is basicaly "LOOK AT THIS IT DOES DAMAGE".

He's 100% right. Look at the YouTube comments. It's 99% in agreement with him. It's literally only mesmer mains that defend this.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:Yeah, something is busted on it atm. I'm not exactly sure what happened, but it happened at the end of s14 and is now present in off season. I'm working on some footage of top 100 and top 25 guys 1v1ing against Condi Mirages to showcase some points of interest concerning this discussion. I'll edit/post it when I get some time.

Portal got nerfed and no one is running it anymore so now mirages are running 3X combat utilities instead of 2X and becoming much more potent 1v1 specs in the process. You'd be amazed at what not having to choose between Signet of Midnight and Arcane Thievery does for the build. A few people are running Illusion of Life instead of Portal.

That's why at the end of the season Mirages suddenly felt a lot more deadly.

@UfoCoffee.2084 said:

So you think mirage mechanics and damage is balanced right now?

Depends, are they over represented in the top 100-250 bracket of players? If so, then yes. They are over-performing.

If no, it's an issue of learn to play.

Thief and mesmer are the 2 classes with the most gimmicky "I can kill scrubs" mechanics in the game. Unfortunately balancing around people's ineptitude to get good is never a solid idea for good balance.

That said, there are way more deadlier builds than mirage both for wvw roaming as well as spvp. Most of them are just less frustrating to lose against since you assume you had a chance to fight back (which you never had). That Holo that just steamrolled you, trust me, if he was good, you had just as little a chance of winning as against that mirage.

@Apolo.5942 said:Every time this discussion comes up, its the same thing, people that does not play Mesmer complain about Mesmer, people that play Mesmer make ltp excuses.

Some times believe it or not, is NOT the rest of the world that it is wrong...

Then there's players like me who set up for a huge amount of condition removal and brush it off like it's nothing but still complain Holo has too much CC...Mesmer isn't my main but I have 4 of them, played it enough to know how to counter a bit better.

The biggest problem with Mesmer as a whole is still that the phantasm rework effectively removed the difficulty in managing clones but then Mesmers didn't receive any utility nerfs in exchange. Mesmers have always had overloaded utility and effects on their skills, which was balanced out by the fact that they required effective illusion management and using phantasms used to mean potentially holding off on a shatter. The rework made it so the balance between utility and clone management no longer really exists.

The result is that Mesmers design is now just a complete mess. I don't think the balance team really knows what they want to do with the class. I know I sound like a broken record since I am the one who started the thread on reverting the phantasm rework, but as time goes by there just seems to be more and more evidence piling up that it really was a terrible change. It has resulted in Mesmers going from one of the highest skill-cap classes in the game into a complete mish-mash of garbage.

@UfoCoffee.2084 said:

He's 100% right. Look at the YouTube comments. It's 99% in agreement with him. It's literally only mesmer mains that defend this.

He's not, he's just realy tilted and isn't objective at all, you could do what he did in this video on the weakest class to make it look like it's the most broken thing ever.

Mesmer does need nerf but everything in this video is just stupid.

@mortrialus.3062 said:you need to address how over the top overpowered condition cleanses in this game are for anything not a condition mirage or scourge.

Aside from Mirage and Scourge nothing are rocking condition damageIt's worth pointing out that the bulk of Necro and by extension Scourge's condi spread/application and cover condis are from corrupting boons. And while this boonhate is also what makes and for a long time has made Necro so strong in teamfights, it is more inconsistent as a damage tool. The strength of Necro really has more to do with boon removal than sheer condi damage output. You could probably remove almost all condi damage from Scourge and it would likely still be used for the boonhate in teamfights, maybe as a power build, but it would still be there.

@toxic.3648 said:just gonna put this here. too good not to xD

Vid snip

I couldn't watch any further after his initial rant about sword auto-attack. I just...come on! Of all the sword auto-attacks in the game, it has the longest chain completion. It's essentially exactly the same as Revenant sword auto attack only it does less damage and applies less vulnerability on the first two attacks, has a different functionality on the final attack (but still comparable damage) but also takes nearly half a second more to complete the full chain.

Anyone who has ever truly player Mesmer will know that the auto-attack is rarely actually used for anything other than landing one swipe to finish someone off. I don't think I ever get to the end of the full chain when I'm playing my Mesmer. It's not like Revenant or Thief - Mesmer sword auto-attack is not a fundamental damage source and is largely not used.

@"mortrialus.3062" said:You can say Mirages are still OP, but you can't say that haven't gotten their fair share of nerfing literally every single patch across all aspects of the specialization since the phantasm rework. The only exception was scepter getting buffed and the underwater rework. Do they deserve more right now? Yeah. And more are certainly coming just like they've come every patch.

Game Update Notes: December 11, 2018

• Axes of Symmetry: The physical damage of this skill has been split between game modes and reduced by about 30% in PvP only.
  • Lingering Thoughts: The ammunition-recharge time of this skill has been split between game modes and has been increased from 8 seconds to 10 seconds in PvP only.
  • Tides of Time: Fixed a bug in which this skill could strike foes multiple times per wave.
  • Chaos Vortex: The might granted by this skill has been changed from 3 stacks for 8 seconds to 2 stacks for 15 seconds.
  • Jaunt: The number of charges this skill can hold has been split between game modes and reduced from 3 charges to 2 charges in PvP and WvW.
  • Signet of Humility: The defiance-bar damage performed by this skill has been reduced from 10 seconds to 6 seconds to match the duration of the skill's transformation.
  • Signet of Inspiration: The active effect of this signet no longer shares the mesmer's boons with allies. Instead, it now extends the duration of all allies' current boons by 5 seconds.
  • Signet of Midnight: This signet's passive effect now grants 180 expertise at level 80 instead of a flat condition duration in order to be consistent with other signet effects.
  • Mimic: This skill's recharge time has been reduced from 75 seconds to 40 seconds and is now increased by the recharge time of the utility skill that it affects. The recharge time of this skill cannot be reset by other mesmer skills.
  • Portal Entre: The duration of time the mesmer has to place Portal Exeunt has been split between games modes. The duration has been reduced from 60 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP and WvW, but remains unchanged in PvE.
  • Well of Action: The duration of quickness that the final pulse of this skill applies has been increased from 4 seconds to 5 seconds.
  • Well of Recall: The duration of alacrity that the final pulse of this skill applies has been increased from 4 seconds to 5 seconds. Its casting time has been reduced from 1 second to 0.75 seconds.
  • Continuum Split: Fixed a bug in which the rift object that is created by this skill could fail to be destroyed when the the "resign" command (/resign, /gg, /surrender, /forfeit/, /qq, /ff) was used.
  • Bountiful Disillusionment: This trait now only applies boons to the mesmer.
  • Danger Time: This trait's effect now applies to illusions.
  • Lost Time: This trait now delivers its slowing strike when the mesmer disables their target instead of after the mesmer has built charges. Its base strike damage has been reduced by 50%, but its critical-hit damage has been increased by 100%.
  • Mirror of Anguish: This trait has been renamed Auspicious Anguish. It now causes the skill Distortion to instantly recharge when the mesmer is affected by a control effect. It also causes the distortion effect to grant a random boon when it ends. The cooldown of this trait is 50 seconds.
  • Power Block: The damage of this skill has been increased by 20% so that it now matches its tooltip. This trait can no longer critically hit foes.

Game Update Notes: October 2, 2018

• Fixed a bug in which certain skills that break enemy targeting would stop the mesmer's autoattack.
  • Continuum Shift: Fixed an API profession classification on this skill.
  • Signet of Inspiration: Normalized the duration of boons applied by this skill to 3 seconds. Might and swiftness are exceptions to this rule and remain at durations of 20 seconds and 5 seconds respectively.
  • Illusionary Inspiration: This trait now causes mesmers to heal all nearby allies whenever they summon an illusion. Competitive-mode healing effectiveness is 50% of PvE.
  • Confounding Suggestions: This trait no longer converts dazes into stuns. It now increases daze duration by 50% and stun duration by 25%. It is no longer split between game modes.
  • Well of Recall: Reduced the recharge time from 35 seconds to 30 seconds. Reduced the alacrity duration from 5 seconds to 4 seconds.
  • Temporal Enchanter: This trait has been removed from the game.
  • Blurred Inscriptions: This trait has been moved to the Inspiration specialization at the Grandmaster tier to replace Temporal Enchanter. Its functionality has been updated. It now grants distortion when using signets and gives all signets improved functionality when active:
  • Signet of the Ether: Grants increased healing.
  • Signet of Domination: Strips 5 boons.
  • Signet of Illusions: Summons 1 clone.
  • Signet of Inspiration: Hits 10 targets instead of 5 targets.
  • Signet of Midnight: Cures 5 conditions from the player.
  • Signet of Humility: Applies 10 stacks of vulnerability.
  • Egotism: This is a new Master tier Domination trait that replaces the slot left open by Blurred Inscriptions. It increases outgoing damage by 10% against foes with lower health than the mesmer. This trait is now split between modes and increases damage by 5% in PvP and WvW.
  • Elusive Mind: The exhaustion duration of this trait is now split between game modes and has a 6-second duration in PvP and WvW.

Game Update Notes: August 28, 2018

• Illusionary Counter: This skill now summons two clones instead of one if the mesmer successfully blocks a strike.
  • Counterspell: In addition to its previous effects, mesmers will summon a clone to attack the first enemy struck by this skill.
  • Confusing Images: The animation length of this skill has been increased from 2 seconds to 2.25 seconds. The damage has been increased by 25% per strike, and the number of strikes has been increased from 6 to 7.
  • Null Field: This skill has received a new underwater effect for greater visibility.
  • Chaotic Transference: Reduced the condition damage based on the mesmer's toughness from 10% to 7%. This trait now also grants 13% of the mesmer's concentration as expertise.
  • Critical Infusion: The vigor duration of this trait has been reduced from 5 seconds to 3 seconds in PvP and WvW.
  • Nomad's Endurance: The vigor duration of this trait has been reduced from 3 seconds to 1.5 seconds in PvP and WvW.

Game Update Notes: July 10, 2018

• Blurred Frenzy: The animation time of this skill has been reduced from approximately 1.75 seconds to 1 second while retaining all previous attacks. Damage of this skill has been reduced by 17% in PvP and WvW, with PvE being reduced by 36%. The baseline recharge time has been reduced from 12 seconds to 10 seconds.
  • The Prestige: Burning duration has been modified from 3 stacks for 3 seconds to 1 stack for 9 seconds.
  • Phantasmal Mage: The burning duration of the initial attack has been modified from 2 stacks for 3 seconds to 1 stack for 6 seconds. The attack's burning has been modified from 3 stacks for 3 seconds to 1 stack for 9 seconds.
  • Maim the Disillusioned: Torment duration has been split between game modes and will now deliver 4 seconds of torment in PvP and WvW while continuing to deal 6 seconds of torment in PvE.
  • Imaginary Axes: Inflicted torment duration has been reduced from 5 seconds to 4 seconds.
  • Axes of Symmetry: Inflicted confusion duration has been reduced from 8 seconds to 6 seconds in PvE.
  • Jaunt: The ammunition recharge time of this skill has now been split and will use a 30-second cooldown in PvP and WvW while maintaining a 20-second cooldown in PvE.
  • Signet of Inspiration: Reduced the duration of aegis shared by this skill from 10 seconds to 2 seconds.
  • Illusionary Inspiration: Reduced the duration of aegis shared by this trait from 10 seconds to 2 seconds.
  • Inspiring Distortion: Reduced the duration of aegis shared by this trait from 5 seconds to 2 seconds.
  • Nomad's Endurance: Fixed a bug that could cause the bonus condition damage from this trait to be applied to characters other than the mesmer.
  • Chaotic Persistence: The boon and condition duration bonus has been decreased from 3% to 2% per boon on the mesmer.

Game Update Notes: May 22, 2018

• Bountiful Disillusionment: The stability duration for this trait has been reduced from 3 seconds to 1 second in PvP and WvW.
  • Illusionary Defense: The damage reduction per stack this trait applies is now split between game modes and has been reduced from -5% per stack to -2% in PvP and WvW.
  • Phantasmal Defender: The tooltip for this skill now shows the correct damage the skill inflicts in PvE. Its damage has been reduced by 50% in PvP and WvW.
  • Phantasmal Disenchanter: The damage of this skill has been reduced by 50% in PvP and WvW.
  • Phantasmal Warlock: The damage of this skill has been reduced by 50% in PvP and WvW.
  • Echo of Memory: Reduced the damage inflicted by the illusionary avenger by 50%.

Game Update Notes: May 8, 2018

• Siren's Call: Increased the projectile speed by 50%.
  • Blinding Tide: This skill now inflicts vulnerability in an area around the player's target in addition to blindness. Its cooldown has been reduced from 12 seconds to 8 seconds.
  • Spinning Revenge: This skill has been reworked and renamed Imminent Voyage. It now grants allies chaos armor if they are within a 600 radius, and it creates a clone at the player's position before they retreat.
  • Illusion of Drowning: The damage inflicted by this skill has been increased by 33% and now affects up to 5 enemies in an area around the player's initial target. Fixed a bug that prevented the anchor effect from disappearing when the target broke out of stun.
  • Feigned Surge: Increased the damage of this skill by 200% and clarified the text in its tooltips. The mesmer now charges at their targeted enemy, striking up to 5 enemies along the way before summoning a clone upon reaching the target.
  • Slipstream: This skill has been reworked. Allies who pass through its area of effect gain 8 seconds of superspeed, and enemies are immobilized for 3 seconds. Its area of effect has been significantly increased.
  • Vortex: Clarified the tooltips for this skill and increased its damage by 33%.
  • Null Field: This skill can now be used underwater, creating its field at the player's location.
  • Imaginary Axes: The torment duration of this skill is no longer split between game modes and will now use the higher 5-second duration in all modes.
  • Axes of Symmetry: This skill has regained its confusion-inflicting function. Confusion remains split between game modes and will inflict 6 stacks for 3 seconds in PvP and WvW, and 3 stacks for 8 seconds in PvE, with each clone inflicting one stack of the condition.
  • Signet of Ether: The cooldown of this skill is no longer split between game modes and will now use the lower 30-second cooldown in all modes.
  • Illusion of Life: The cooldown of this skill is no longer split between game modes and will now use the lower 75-second cooldown in all modes.
  • Continuum Shift: The cooldown of this skill is no longer split between game modes and will now use the higher 105-second cooldown in all modes.
  • Compounding Power: The damage bonus per stack of this effect is no longer split between game modes and will now use the lower 2% damage bonus per stack in all modes.
  • Chronophantasma: Resummoned phantasms now do 50% less damage in PvP and WvW.

Game Update Notes: April 24, 2018

• Signet of the Ether: This skill now reduces the recharge of phantasm skills by 50% rather than 100% in PvP and WvW.

Game Update Notes: March 27, 2018

• Seize the Moment: Fixed the tooltip for this trait that incorrectly referenced illusions instead of clones.
  • Signet of Illusions: Fixed a text error for the passive effect that referenced this skill's old behavior.
  • Chaotic Dampening: Fixed a bug in which this trait did not properly reduce the recharge time of trident skills.
  • Distortion: Updated the tooltip description of this effect to better reflect its functionality.
  • Imagined Burden: Fixed a bug that prevented cripple tooltips from appearing on the associated skills.
  • Shatter Storm: Fixed a bug that prevented the reduced recharge from Master of Misdirection from properly interacting with this trait.
  • Tides of Time: Fixed a bug that caused the recharge refund to fail if the chronomancer catches a wave from another chronomancer.
  • Illusionary Riposte: Fixed a bug that prevented Counter Blade from activating under certain circumstances. Increased the cooldown from 12 seconds to 15 seconds in PvP and WvW.
  • Chaos Vortex: Fixed a bug that caused the projectile fired by this skill to have inconsistent interactions with reflection skills.
  • Phantasmal Swordsman: Fixed a bug that prevented this skill from summoning a phantasm if the mesmer jumped while casting it.
  • Blinding Dissipation: Fixed a bug that caused the confusion skill fact from Ineptitude to display incorrectly on this trait.
  • Illusion of Life: Reduced the cooldown from 120 seconds to 75 seconds in PvP and WvW.
  • Phantasmal Disenchanter: Increased the cooldown from 20 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP and WvW.
  • Jaunt: Reduced damage by 50% in PvP and WvW.
  • Illusionary Swordsman: Increased the cooldown from 15 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP and WvW. Decreased might from 8 stacks to 4 stacks in PvP and WvW.
  • Mirror Blade: Reduced damage by 14% in PvP and WvW.
  • Signet of the Ether: Reduced the cooldown from 35 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP and WvW.
  • Illusionary Counter: Reduced the cooldown from 8 seconds to 6 seconds in PvP and WvW.
  • Elusive Mind: This trait now applies 3 seconds of exhaustion when breaking a stun.
  • Compounding Power: Reduced the outgoing damage per stack from 3% to 2% in PvP and WvW.
  • Phantasmal Force: Reduced the might granted from 3 stacks to 2 stacks in PvP and WvW.
  • Mirror of Anguish: Increased cooldown from 60 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP only.
  • Mental Anguish: Reduced bonus damage from 15% to 10% in PvP and from 30% to 20% in WvW.
  • Confounding Suggestions: Increased cooldown from 5 seconds to 15 seconds in PvP and WvW.
  • Bountiful Disillusionment: Reduced stability duration from 5 seconds to 3 seconds in PvP and WvW. Decreased might from 5 stacks to 3 stacks in PvP and WvW.

Yep, that tells how extremely oppressive they have been and still are in all game modes, even after receiving minor adjustments.

@ferbz.6987 said:

@"mortrialus.3062" said:You can say Mirages are still OP, but you can't say that haven't gotten their fair share of nerfing
literally every single patch
across all aspects of the specialization since the phantasm rework. The only exception was scepter getting buffed and the underwater rework. Do they deserve more right now? Yeah. And more are certainly coming just like they've come every patch.

• Axes of Symmetry: The physical damage of this skill has been split between game modes and reduced by about 30% in PvP only.
  • Lingering Thoughts: The ammunition-recharge time of this skill has been split between game modes and has been increased from 8 seconds to 10 seconds in PvP only.
  • Tides of Time: Fixed a bug in which this skill could strike foes multiple times per wave.
  • Chaos Vortex: The might granted by this skill has been changed from 3 stacks for 8 seconds to 2 stacks for 15 seconds.
  • Jaunt: The number of charges this skill can hold has been split between game modes and reduced from 3 charges to 2 charges in PvP and WvW.
  • Signet of Humility: The defiance-bar damage performed by this skill has been reduced from 10 seconds to 6 seconds to match the duration of the skill's transformation.
  • Signet of Inspiration: The active effect of this signet no longer shares the mesmer's boons with allies. Instead, it now extends the duration of all allies' current boons by 5 seconds.
  • Signet of Midnight: This signet's passive effect now grants 180 expertise at level 80 instead of a flat condition duration in order to be consistent with other signet effects.
  • Mimic: This skill's recharge time has been reduced from 75 seconds to 40 seconds and is now increased by the recharge time of the utility skill that it affects. The recharge time of this skill cannot be reset by other mesmer skills.
  • Portal Entre: The duration of time the mesmer has to place Portal Exeunt has been split between games modes. The duration has been reduced from 60 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP and WvW, but remains unchanged in PvE.
  • Well of Action: The duration of quickness that the final pulse of this skill applies has been increased from 4 seconds to 5 seconds.
  • Well of Recall: The duration of alacrity that the final pulse of this skill applies has been increased from 4 seconds to 5 seconds. Its casting time has been reduced from 1 second to 0.75 seconds.
  • Continuum Split: Fixed a bug in which the rift object that is created by this skill could fail to be destroyed when the the "resign" command (/resign, /gg, /surrender, /forfeit/, /qq, /ff) was used.
  • Lost Time: This trait now delivers its slowing strike when the mesmer disables their target instead of after the mesmer has built charges. Its base strike damage has been reduced by 50%, but its critical-hit damage has been increased by 100%.
  • Mirror of Anguish: This trait has been renamed Auspicious Anguish. It now causes the skill Distortion to instantly recharge when the mesmer is affected by a control effect. It also causes the distortion effect to grant a random boon when it ends. The cooldown of this trait is 50 seconds.
  • Power Block: The damage of this skill has been increased by 20% so that it now matches its tooltip. This trait can no longer critically hit foes.

• Fixed a bug in which certain skills that break enemy targeting would stop the mesmer's autoattack.
  • Signet of Inspiration: Normalized the duration of boons applied by this skill to 3 seconds. Might and swiftness are exceptions to this rule and remain at durations of 20 seconds and 5 seconds respectively.
  • Illusionary Inspiration: This trait now causes mesmers to heal all nearby allies whenever they summon an illusion. Competitive-mode healing effectiveness is 50% of PvE.
  • Confounding Suggestions: This trait no longer converts dazes into stuns. It now increases daze duration by 50% and stun duration by 25%. It is no longer split between game modes.
  • Well of Recall: Reduced the recharge time from 35 seconds to 30 seconds. Reduced the alacrity duration from 5 seconds to 4 seconds.
  • Blurred Inscriptions: This trait has been moved to the Inspiration specialization at the Grandmaster tier to replace Temporal Enchanter. Its functionality has been updated. It now grants distortion when using signets and gives all signets improved functionality when active:
  • Egotism: This is a new Master tier Domination trait that replaces the slot left open by Blurred Inscriptions. It increases outgoing damage by 10% against foes with lower health than the mesmer. This trait is now split between modes and increases damage by 5% in PvP and WvW.
  • Elusive Mind: The exhaustion duration of this trait is now split between game modes and has a 6-second duration in PvP and WvW.

• Illusionary Counter: This skill now summons two clones instead of one if the mesmer successfully blocks a strike.
  • Counterspell: In addition to its previous effects, mesmers will summon a clone to attack the first enemy struck by this skill.
  • Confusing Images: The animation length of this skill has been increased from 2 seconds to 2.25 seconds. The damage has been increased by 25% per strike, and the number of strikes has been increased from 6 to 7.
  • Null Field: This skill has received a new underwater effect for greater visibility.
  • Chaotic Transference: Reduced the condition damage based on the mesmer's toughness from 10% to 7%. This trait now also grants 13% of the mesmer's concentration as expertise.
  • Critical Infusion: The vigor duration of this trait has been reduced from 5 seconds to 3 seconds in PvP and WvW.
  • Nomad's Endurance: The vigor duration of this trait has been reduced from 3 seconds to 1.5 seconds in PvP and WvW.

• Blurred Frenzy: The animation time of this skill has been reduced from approximately 1.75 seconds to 1 second while retaining all previous attacks. Damage of this skill has been reduced by 17% in PvP and WvW, with PvE being reduced by 36%. The baseline recharge time has been reduced from 12 seconds to 10 seconds.
  • The Prestige: Burning duration has been modified from 3 stacks for 3 seconds to 1 stack for 9 seconds.
  • Phantasmal Mage: The burning duration of the initial attack has been modified from 2 stacks for 3 seconds to 1 stack for 6 seconds. The attack's burning has been modified from 3 stacks for 3 seconds to 1 stack for 9 seconds.
  • Maim the Disillusioned: Torment duration has been split between game modes and will now deliver 4 seconds of torment in PvP and WvW while continuing to deal 6 seconds of torment in PvE.
  • Imaginary Axes: Inflicted torment duration has been reduced from 5 seconds to 4 seconds.
  • Axes of Symmetry: Inflicted confusion duration has been reduced from 8 seconds to 6 seconds in PvE.
  • Jaunt: The ammunition recharge time of this skill has now been split and will use a 30-second cooldown in PvP and WvW while maintaining a 20-second cooldown in PvE.
  • Signet of Inspiration: Reduced the duration of aegis shared by this skill from 10 seconds to 2 seconds.
  • Illusionary Inspiration: Reduced the duration of aegis shared by this trait from 10 seconds to 2 seconds.
  • Inspiring Distortion: Reduced the duration of aegis shared by this trait from 5 seconds to 2 seconds.
  • Nomad's Endurance: Fixed a bug that could cause the bonus condition damage from this trait to be applied to characters other than the mesmer.
  • Chaotic Persistence: The boon and condition duration bonus has been decreased from 3% to 2% per boon on the mesmer.

• Bountiful Disillusionment: The stability duration for this trait has been reduced from 3 seconds to 1 second in PvP and WvW.
  • Illusionary Defense: The damage reduction per stack this trait applies is now split between game modes and has been reduced from -5% per stack to -2% in PvP and WvW.
  • Phantasmal Defender: The tooltip for this skill now shows the correct damage the skill inflicts in PvE. Its damage has been reduced by 50% in PvP and WvW.
  • Phantasmal Disenchanter: The damage of this skill has been reduced by 50% in PvP and WvW.
  • Phantasmal Warlock: The damage of this skill has been reduced by 50% in PvP and WvW.
  • Echo of Memory: Reduced the damage inflicted by the illusionary avenger by 50%.

• Blinding Tide: This skill now inflicts vulnerability in an area around the player's target in addition to blindness. Its cooldown has been reduced from 12 seconds to 8 seconds.
  • Spinning Revenge: This skill has been reworked and renamed Imminent Voyage. It now grants allies chaos armor if they are within a 600 radius, and it creates a clone at the player's position before they retreat.
  • Illusion of Drowning: The damage inflicted by this skill has been increased by 33% and now affects up to 5 enemies in an area around the player's initial target. Fixed a bug that prevented the anchor effect from disappearing when the target broke out of stun.
  • Feigned Surge: Increased the damage of this skill by 200% and clarified the text in its tooltips. The mesmer now charges at their targeted enemy, striking up to 5 enemies along the way before summoning a clone upon reaching the target.
  • Slipstream: This skill has been reworked. Allies who pass through its area of effect gain 8 seconds of superspeed, and enemies are immobilized for 3 seconds. Its area of effect has been significantly increased.
  • Vortex: Clarified the tooltips for this skill and increased its damage by 33%.
  • Null Field: This skill can now be used underwater, creating its field at the player's location.
  • Imaginary Axes: The torment duration of this skill is no longer split between game modes and will now use the higher 5-second duration in all modes.
  • Axes of Symmetry: This skill has regained its confusion-inflicting function. Confusion remains split between game modes and will inflict 6 stacks for 3 seconds in PvP and WvW, and 3 stacks for 8 seconds in PvE, with each clone inflicting one stack of the condition.
  • Signet of Ether: The cooldown of this skill is no longer split between game modes and will now use the lower 30-second cooldown in all modes.
  • Illusion of Life: The cooldown of this skill is no longer split between game modes and will now use the lower 75-second cooldown in all modes.
  • Continuum Shift: The cooldown of this skill is no longer split between game modes and will now use the higher 105-second cooldown in all modes.
  • Compounding Power: The damage bonus per stack of this effect is no longer split between game modes and will now use the lower 2% damage bonus per stack in all modes.

• Signet of the Ether: This skill now reduces the recharge of phantasm skills by 50% rather than 100% in PvP and WvW.

• Seize the Moment: Fixed the tooltip for this trait that incorrectly referenced illusions instead of clones.
  • Signet of Illusions: Fixed a text error for the passive effect that referenced this skill's old behavior.
  • Chaotic Dampening: Fixed a bug in which this trait did not properly reduce the recharge time of trident skills.
  • Distortion: Updated the tooltip description of this effect to better reflect its functionality.
  • Imagined Burden: Fixed a bug that prevented cripple tooltips from appearing on the associated skills.
  • Shatter Storm: Fixed a bug that prevented the reduced recharge from Master of Misdirection from properly interacting with this trait.
  • Tides of Time: Fixed a bug that caused the recharge refund to fail if the chronomancer catches a wave from another chronomancer.
  • Illusionary Riposte: Fixed a bug that prevented Counter Blade from activating under certain circumstances. Increased the cooldown from 12 seconds to 15 seconds in PvP and WvW.
  • Chaos Vortex: Fixed a bug that caused the projectile fired by this skill to have inconsistent interactions with reflection skills.
  • Phantasmal Swordsman: Fixed a bug that prevented this skill from summoning a phantasm if the mesmer jumped while casting it.
  • Blinding Dissipation: Fixed a bug that caused the confusion skill fact from Ineptitude to display incorrectly on this trait.
  • Illusion of Life: Reduced the cooldown from 120 seconds to 75 seconds in PvP and WvW.
  • Phantasmal Disenchanter: Increased the cooldown from 20 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP and WvW.
  • Illusionary Swordsman: Increased the cooldown from 15 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP and WvW. Decreased might from 8 stacks to 4 stacks in PvP and WvW.
  • Signet of the Ether: Reduced the cooldown from 35 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP and WvW.
  • Illusionary Counter: Reduced the cooldown from 8 seconds to 6 seconds in PvP and WvW.
  • Elusive Mind: This trait now applies 3 seconds of exhaustion when breaking a stun.
  • Compounding Power: Reduced the outgoing damage per stack from 3% to 2% in PvP and WvW.
  • Phantasmal Force: Reduced the might granted from 3 stacks to 2 stacks in PvP and WvW.
  • Mirror of Anguish: Increased cooldown from 60 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP only.
  • Mental Anguish: Reduced bonus damage from 15% to 10% in PvP and from 30% to 20% in WvW.
  • Confounding Suggestions: Increased cooldown from 5 seconds to 15 seconds in PvP and WvW.
  • Bountiful Disillusionment: Reduced stability duration from 5 seconds to 3 seconds in PvP and WvW. Decreased might from 5 stacks to 3 stacks in PvP and WvW.

Yep, that tells how extremely oppressive they have been and still are in all game modes, even after receiving minor adjustments.

"Minor adjustments"

Portal Smiter's Booned, Illusionary Defense dropped by 66%, Elusive Mind has 6 seconds of exhaustion, Confounding Suggestions no longer stuns, Jaunt repeatedly nerfed in every aspect, Bountiful Disillusionment, Critical Infusion and Nomad's Endurance, Torch 4+5 heavily nerfed in damage.

That ain't no "minor adjustments."

@"mortrialus.3062" said:You can say Mirages are still OP, but you can't say that haven't gotten their fair share of nerfing literally every single patch across all aspects of the specialization since the phantasm rework. The only exception was scepter getting buffed and the underwater rework. Do they deserve more right now? Yeah. And more are certainly coming just like they've come every patch.

yet, somehow...they haven't fallen off like d/p thieves

@Solori.6025 said:You complain about condi mes. Yet think the defenses. Which power mes also has, is the issue?Why don't we see complaints about power mes? Because you have a chance to actively fight them.

Power mesmer is also a minor issue btw. It just doesn't stand out from the rest of overtuned power specs/builds currently. It's also far less common.

I don't quite know what the situation is currently since I haven't been playing necro much recently but I remember a time(October-ish?) when a Power Shatter mesmer 100-0'd my Reaper in about 2 seconds through both RS+Lesser Spectral Armor, and I was on Paladin Amulet as well btw. There was another opposing player involved in that fight but it was a duelist type, so mainly the damage came from the mesmer.That said, if you catch a Power Shatter Mirage with their pants down, they are really squishy. That kinda balances out the spec. I'd like the damage to be tuned down a bit but at the same time as every other class like core radiant guard, sic em soulbeast and power shiro rev.

People just like to complain about the condi variant because it's annoying to deal with Torment/Confusion on most classes. Personally, I like where condi mirage is at, and if you know me, you know that mesmer is my least played class, Mirage even more so. I prefer Chrono and I rarely play mesmer if chrono doesn't have a playable build. It's mainly there to be my JP safe mode.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:You can say Mirages are still OP, but you can't say that haven't gotten their fair share of nerfing
across all aspects of the specialization since the phantasm rework. The only exception was scepter getting buffed and the underwater rework. Do they deserve more right now? Yeah. And more are certainly coming just like they've come every patch.

"Minor adjustments"

Portal Smiter's Booned, Illusionary Defense dropped by 66%, Elusive Mind has 6 seconds of exhaustion, Confounding Suggestions no longer stuns, Jaunt repeatedly nerfed in every aspect, Bountiful Disillusionment, Critical Infusion and Nomad's Endurance, Torch 4+5 heavily nerfed in damage.

Mate they're still op as all hell. What are you talking about? Why are you trying to defend mirage? It's broken, i don't care how many nerfs it's had in the past. Mesmer mains trying to defend it have such weak arguments. The class is extremely bad for pvp and will turn away all the wow players coming over at the moment. 90% of people agree they need huge nerfs. The rest are mesmer mains. End of.

@UfoCoffee.2084 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:You can say Mirages are still OP, but you can't say that haven't gotten their fair share of nerfing

"Minor adjustments"

Mate they're still op as all hell. What are you talking about? Why are you trying to defend mirage? It's broken, i don't care how many nerfs it's had in the past. Mesmer mains trying to defend it have such weak arguments. The class is extremely bad for pvp and will turn away all the wow players coming over at the moment. 90% of people agree they need huge nerfs. The rest are mesmer mains. End of.

I'm not "defending them". You made an entire thread pretending they never get nerfed, and they only get buffed each patch which is objectively not true. All I pointed out was that they've gotten serious nerfs every single patch and more nerfs are definitely coming and somehow you've gotten incredibly tilted over it for no reason. If you weren't incredibly factually wrong I wouldn't have to correct your nonsense.

@everyman.4375 said:

Lul jawgeous.The Dude that once rolled mirage while saying even a monkey can play mirage, proceed to die every single time and lost the match.

Edit: saw the video out of curiosity and stopped it before the 2min, dude complains about sword autos, a skill that no mesmer ever use, next BF damage... BF is used for it's defense not offense especially in a condi build and it's now close to being trash, 8 attacks in a sec will get you killed from retal.

People complain about condi mirage because of the visual clutter it makes on scree and most of the times you target a clone and waste essential skills on clones and get frustrated by that.But when a boonbeast regen 4% health/sec without even clicking the healing skill that's fine... because at least you landed some skill on him...Or when an holo jumps on you and with a CC chain drop you from 100% to downed state in 3-4 seconds, that's all fine...Against boonbeast and holos you have the illusion it was a fair fight just because you can target them easy, and you see how your skills hit the target, but the reality you didn't have any chance as well... maybe even less than condi mirage.

When i roam in wvw before a condi mirage is able to kill me can pass even 5 minutes, a good holo or boonbeast no matter how i tryhard they can finish the fight in 10-15 seconds and down me.

@"felincyriac.5981" said:scourge got some "minor" nerfs, lmao at these mesemer mains.Why does condi mesmer, also have a large amount of power damage application? So you have burst condi damage whilst also doing power damage.They need to actually nerf axe 3, and torch. Just like how they nerfed scourge torch.

If you're referring to the jawgeous video someone posted, he's running carrion and adventure, theres where power come from.Sword is a power weapon.Axe power is low.The only weapon that is broken in that regard is scepter.

@whoknocks.4935 said:People complain about condi mirage because of the visual clutter it makes on scree and most of the times you target a clone and waste essential skills on clones and get frustrated by that.But when a boonbeast regen 4% health/sec without even clicking the healing skill that's fine... because at least you landed some skill on him...Or when an holo jumps on you and with a CC chain drop you from 100% to downed state in 3-4 seconds, that's all fine...Against boonbeast and holos you have the illusion it was a fair fight just because you can target them easy, and you see how your skills hit the target, but the reality you didn't have any chance as well... maybe even less than condi mirage.

When i roam in wvw before a condi mirage is able to kill me can pass even 5 minutes, a good holo or boonbeast no matter how i tryhard they can finish the fight in 10-15 seconds and down me.

Visual clutter is an issue, especially when there's usually 2 mirage in a lot of games. But that's not the main reason people complain. People complain about the ammount of evades, invulns, mobility, dazes, interrupts, blinds and high damage all packed into one class.