Future Elite spec discussion.

Kam.4092

Just wondering what others want, or can think of. I’m kind of in the mindset that Guardian has basically been spoiled with Firebrand. It’s a well done healing, Support, and DPS elite spec. Dragonhunter is great too, and adds to the powerful feeling you’d want with being a holy warrior. These two Elites already fill the roles I’d want to see a Guardian do, and have the themes I’d want. I can’t really think of anything else to add that would be unique, and add to the holy warrior feel that the Guardian is. A dark knight like Elite might be fun though as a change of themes.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Some Pistol/shield spec with stances as utilities and 3 leap virtues ????

F1 - https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Holy_Strike + with https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Zealot%27s_Fire on landing zone as a trait.F2 - similiar to DH f2 but with CC and way less healing, more range and damage. (extra condis on situational targets: chill+slow KD/KB targets)F3 - Aplies Protection to allies on leap, on landing will cause a KB to targets with protection, and removed stability.

For the sun god emper.... oh wait.. wrong game ._."

Light Sentinel

F1- Hardlight Justice

Passive-- Offhand abilities are X% more effective.

Active-- Turn your mainhand weapon into a mystical weapon made of light that attacks your target and causes you to use your offhand weapon with 2H opening up 5 new abilities. Lasts X seconds, with an X second cooldown.

F2- Hardlight Resolve

Passive-- Healing cast on you is X% more effective.

Active-- Root yourself in place for 6 seconds. Reduce incoming damage by X% and give barrier and regen to allies within 600 range.

F3- Hardlight Courage

Passive-- Toughness increased by X%

Active-- Gain power equal to X% of your toughness, but all incoming damage is increased by X%.

Utility skills would be like prisons of impenetrable light, projectiles of hardlight spears that blind targets, as well as walls and pathways that allow for travel to higher places.

Elite being a hardlight explosion large aoe blind with high toughness scaled damage.

Imagining being able to use two handed shield charge attacks and bashes and throws like captain america style...

Probably terrible, but I was bored.

Created the Avenger concept sometime back because I personally wanna tank on a Guardian for once, it'd be pretty cool. But beyond that, Guardian got a Point-holder/DPS with Dragonhunter and a Boon Support/Healer/Condi mix with Firebrand, so for other modes Avenger could be specced into a powerful Duelist.

Unlike Chrono Tank, Avenger would want to tank because they'd gain access to powerful Counter-attacks when they Block or Evade incoming attacks, along with several traits that increase the power when standing face-to-face with enemies. Class mechanic would be a Dodge replacement, where they gain a Channeled Parry instead of a Dodge roll that allows them to stand their ground reliably, after which they can launch Reprisal skills depending on their equipped weapon. Utility Skills would be Stances, which affect nearby Allies as well as the Avenger and can be traited to affect up to 10 Allies as well.

• 2 weeks later...

These are my three major guardian elite specialization ideas:

• Vindicator: Virtues now let you transform into a sort of angelical avatar, increasing your health and boosting your damage. Polearm (two-handed longspear) is the new weapon, and glyphs are the new slot skills, with different effects depending on the status of the transformation.
  • Stormcaller: Inspired by the Ascalonian relic, virtues now let you summon Ascalonian Ghosts to fight by your side. Warhorn is the new weapon, and banners are the new slot skills, both having good synergy with the ghostly minions.
  • Chaplain: Virtues work like herald facets now, providing passive buffs to nearby allies. Fists (one-handed fist weapons) are the new weapons, and wells are the new slot skills.

You can read more about these ideas in my guardian redesign thread, where I expand them a bit more.

I do not have a full concept, but I think of a "light" theme, with mobility and blindness as emphasized mechanics.

Virtues stat the same, plus a 4th virtue: Virtue if Light. Passive, improves movement speed by 25%. Active, provides 4 sec super speed and 10 sec swiftness. CD 30 secs.

Blindness does damage and burning (reasonable amounts).

New weapon, off hand, either axe or sword, with both power and condi.

I don't really think we will ever get another support based spec for Guardian.

Firebrand is kinda all over the place:

• Condi DPS,
  • Boon spam (Might, Fury, Quickness, Regeneration, Aegis, Stability, Retaliation, Protection & Resistance on demand),
  • Healer.

Fortunately ANet started adjusting Firebrand and shaping it into:

• Condi DPS +Quickness, Fury provider,

What will the next elite spec for Guardian look like in my opinion:Spec focused on evasion and power damage. With core Virtues and additional profession mechanic on top of it. Wielding dagger/sword as an off-hand weapon. Very similar to Sword wielding Thief. Bonuses for evading attacks. More ways to obtain Vigor. Takes less damage from skills that are not directed at him - AoE etc. (Ranger pet mechanic). Which can allow Guardian to participate in fights unlike Thief.

In sticking with blue flames theme, I'd love to see some sort of Ascalonian Defender theme.

F1- Arcane Storm (just like the arcane aoe from Ascalonian Mage)F2- Arcane Pulse (pulsing condi cleanse)F3- Arcane Block (5 second aoe bubble block with animation like Ascalonian Warrior Shield block)

Base Virtue passives would always be on, even if F skills are on CD.

Heal and Utilities would be Arcane skills (same category as Elementalists Arcane family, but different skills)

@"TheSwede.9512" said:Created the Avenger concept sometime back because I personally wanna tank on a Guardian for once, it'd be pretty cool. But beyond that, Guardian got a Point-holder/DPS with Dragonhunter and a Boon Support/Healer/Condi mix with Firebrand, so for other modes Avenger could be specced into a powerful Duelist.

Unlike Chrono Tank, Avenger would want to tank because they'd gain access to powerful Counter-attacks when they Block or Evade incoming attacks, along with several traits that increase the power when standing face-to-face with enemies. Class mechanic would be a Dodge replacement, where they gain a Channeled Parry instead of a Dodge roll that allows them to stand their ground reliably, after which they can launch Reprisal skills depending on their equipped weapon. Utility Skills would be Stances, which affect nearby Allies as well as the Avenger and can be traited to affect up to 10 Allies as well.

I like this, a lot!! I hate that I cannot tank on my Guardian, I would like something like an "Aggro magnet" for the Guardian, following the line you suggested, the Avenger (cool name btw) could have inmobile skills like a "fortress" skilll in wich you use your shield to absorb the party damage and or redirect that damage to a mob or boss of your choice, that combined with the main weapon wich could have diferent effects for the redirected damage, like sword light atacks, scepted booms, mace condis or something in that area.

• 2 weeks later...

@"Lonami.2987" said:These are my three major guardian elite specialization ideas:

• Vindicator: Virtues now let you transform into a sort of angelical avatar, increasing your health and boosting your damage. Polearm (two-handed longspear) is the new weapon, and glyphs are the new slot skills, with different effects depending on the status of the transformation.
  • Stormcaller: Inspired by the Ascalonian relic, virtues now let you summon Ascalonian Ghosts to fight by your side. Warhorn is the new weapon, and banners are the new slot skills, both having good synergy with the ghostly minions.
  • Chaplain: Virtues work like herald facets now, providing passive buffs to nearby allies. Fists (one-handed fist weapons) are the new weapons, and wells are the new slot skills.

You can read more about these ideas in my guardian redesign thread, where I expand them a bit more.

I'd love to see all of them.. I mean, I'd love to have a polearm out of water, also the Stormcaller's virtues could be as renegade's utilities

@"SidewayS.3789" said:Cough if we ... look into so call "leaks" we will get [Crusader (warhorn, banners, angelic avatar) ]. Ofc i have no idea if these leaks are true, or some of them, but its something to think.

If they do have such a spec, I hope it's very different from warrior banners... like they'll apply passive effects (not stat based) in an aoe, then act like a kit when picked up, perhaps even have excellent offensive or defensive skills on high cooldown so you don't camp the banner.

If it's just like warrior banners but slightly different, it's going to be the most boring elite spec possible.

I would really like the next elite spec to maintain the core virtues. I like DH's ones which are more skill based than tomes which are more about spamming your skills. I think 4th virtue or additonal mechanic on top of virtues would be nice.

We already have:

• Core Power Guardian,
  • Core Condition Guardian,
  • Power Dragonhunter,
  • Condition Firebrand + Quickness,
  • Healer Firebrand.

To think of it Guardian has really high build diversity. It lacks only a proper evasive/thief-like elite spec. I would also like to see something that replaces meditations in competitive scenerios. Almost every Guardian build uses them because of short cooldowns, utility, potent healing capabilities and condition cleanse.

UNLESS devs come up with something fresh like boon hate for Warrior. Perhaps high vitality spec or a permament companion (similar to ranger's pet).

@"SidewayS.3789" said:Cough if we ... look into so call "leaks" we will get [Crusader (warhorn, banners, angelic avatar) ]. Ofc i have no idea if these leaks are true, or some of them, but its something to think.

what leaks?

or are you talking about ppl's "fan creations" that they called leaks in a misguided attempt at having ppl on the internet would take them slightly more serious

I'm working on a topic/suggestion for a stance-based, polearm-wielding mobile bruiser spec. Don't expect to see it too soon though.

The basic idea would be to turn Virtues into Stances you can only use one at a time, but empowering them with passive/on-enter bonuses. The Utility skills would be Glyphs that have an effect+an additional effect based on what Stance you are in. I don't intend to add much in the way of party buffs, maybe one or two offensive ones+a symbol obviously, instead it would be more geared towards "holding the line" on its own. A bruiser/bunker/duelist type of ESpec.

I never really fleshed out this idea, but I was thinking some sort of Dark Guardian spec ("Justice at any cost"). Offhand dagger. Designed around single target damage. Either F1 or a new F4 ability puts a mark on a target, which buff you virtues, damage and utility against that target. Like lifesteal, or teleport to marked target. Or maybe attacks against the target grant 1s swiftness.

@"TheSwede.9512" said:Created the Avenger concept sometime back because I personally wanna tank on a Guardian for once, it'd be pretty cool. But beyond that, Guardian got a Point-holder/DPS with Dragonhunter and a Boon Support/Healer/Condi mix with Firebrand, so for other modes Avenger could be specced into a powerful Duelist.

This has the potential to be a lot of fun.

@"Xterra.6172" said:we've been given a new 2 hand and a new mainhand. next spec will have a new offhand. probably warhorn or offhand sword. i'd like to see stances.

Quite possibly, but I don't think we can assume anything. Last time Warrior got main hand AND offhand. Unless that will count as a de facto "2 hand"

@"Yannir.4132" said:I'm working on a topic/suggestion for a stance-based, polearm-wielding mobile bruiser spec. Don't expect to see it too soon though.

The basic idea would be to turn Virtues into Stances you can only use one at a time, but empowering them with passive/on-enter bonuses. The Utility skills would be Glyphs that have an effect+an additional effect based on what Stance you are in. I don't intend to add much in the way of party buffs, maybe one or two offensive ones+a symbol obviously, instead it would be more geared towards "holding the line" on its own. A bruiser/bunker/duelist type of ESpec.

Would love this. Anything that gets polearms into this game is a welcome suggestion imo.