[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

• Some kind of vendor to exchange black lion items you don't want for a part of their original value (like 30% of their original gem value or x amount of them for a black lion scrap or anything..)

• Make unlimited black lion tools work from shared inventory slots or add a vendor where you can get copies for alts. They cost plenty for a quality of life upgrade, and if you have a lot of alts it's kinda rendered useless atm cause you constantly have to equip/unequip them and trade them over to the next character. Just projecting it on me for example: I got 50+ chars and even though I have the unbreakable set, I never use it cause it's easier to just fill 2 inventory slots with a spare orichalcum axe/pickaxe set and buy new ones when passing a vendor sometimes than to constantly swap the unbreakable set over and over again.

Suggestion: NEW indicator on items in the wardrobe that you haven't seen before.

As a casual player, I take breaks from the game quite often, and it can be difficult to get caught up on fashion wars after returning. It would be nice to show NEW or some kind of highlight in the wardrobe so I can quickly get caught up. (And maybe move them to the top if possible?)

I'd love to see Stalwart Speed on Firebrand's show up on the buff bar.Example:https://prnt.sc/m792ab

I ask for this because it's hard to time exactly when seven seconds pass before you take effect of Stalwart Speed, so you'might not be sure if quickness was granted to your squad members correctly. This would be a very helpful quality of life for people who love quickness firebrand and can easily track when the trait is back up.

I'd love to see a special window in either hero panel wardrobe or as separate little tab to help us see all the armor pieces/skins that we are missing.Example:When we go to Hero's Wardrobe and click to transmute a piece of gear, it would be cool to see the pieces that we haven't unlocked yet...as that way we could preview some specific pieces and mix and match them without having to go all the way to the bank to preview these options. It's great fun to look at all the skins and stuff while waiting for an event or just afking in a zone without having to TP to the bank.

Another thing that would be cool would be to show where we could obtain specific skins without having to Google where to find that.For example: crafted (x profession), world drop, vendor at X, dungeon, raid, gem store, etc.

I just started recently but after getting to max and doing some of the big world events and bosses I would love an option to turn down or off other people's particle effects. Its a crazy light show which looks cool but I cant tell what is happening most of the time due to it. Another thing would be to hide weapons when sheathed. Its not really a big deal but it would let some armor sets look more impressive without a big honking greatsword blocking out the view.

I'm dreaming of an NPC, at the entrance of dungeons that can boost you at the maximum. But remove your eligibility for rewards.Let me explain: I enjoy dungeons as heavy source of lore, and I love to solo them don't care of rewards: With that NPC, I could be enough strong to kill champions alone. And so exploring tranquilly the dungeon; isn't it "explorable paths" ? It's more like a rush when doing it with a group. And so even wiki articles can be hard to complete...

Has it been asked that Baubles and Bauble Bubbles are put in the Material storage? I'm sure it would have been.

Also I would like to suggest a Map Currency Converter. Basically you can convert old map currencies to newer ones. There would be 2 rules (at least) tho stopping people from just making what ever the newest currency is.

1st anything that is unbound magic based cannot be converted to volatile magic based and the same in reverse.2nd the converter can only convert currency up to one map behind the current map. (Maybe 2 maps behind). This way no one can just convert built up mats and change them from the newest material people would still have to work for them. BUT people who came late to the older maps could still have a chance to complete things in the older maps.

Sell it in the Gem Store It would be a MASSIVE seller.

1) Currently I have to use GW2Efficiency to find out what character my dang items are. It would be nice to have a way to see all your characters items and inventory on one screen.2) Combine all the dang portal scrolls into a single item instead of making me waste slots3) In WvW in a big zerg its easy to loose your squad and commander when the dang light show is going off. It would be nice if there was an overlay that you could turn on that worked like a flight sim indicator that pointed at the team members and commander instead of enemy ships. Basically a radial indicator with arrows that can help me navigate when I hit 3fps...

I've been playing GW2 since its beta, and I started playing GW1 when i was just 13: 11 years ago. I will always play and support GW2, but this is, quite frankly, unacceptable. The fact customer support is aware of this and that the problem is over a year old and the fact it's still in this game is a serious problem. Do I regret buying the game? No. Am I still happy? Mostly. I like to play games in chronological order though. The fact I have to go to Vandall's Cairn and being Hot, even if only a little bit is unacceptable.

This could be EASILY avoided by simply avoiding the message altogether, or putting in an NPC in Lion's Arch that can help you begin your masteries. I love this game and always will, but seriously- what the hell? It woudl be fine if it was just once every time you logged into a character, a nuisance but alright. I know all the lore and everything- but I can't fathom how annoying it must be to start an Expansion if you haven't completed the base game or seen the recap of Living World Season 1. Its just... not OK. Or why not just send us mail when we reach Level 80? I REALLY wanted to hold off on Heart of Thorns until completing the main campaign (I didn't play this game for a few years), but this got SO obnoxious I just said "screw it" and started HoT earlier. And what about if I level boost a new character to level 80? Am I gonna have to just... sprint to start HoT as quickly as possible from the Norn starting area now? What the hell?

There's no excuse for this they can give. "It annoys us too" is unacceptable. Areanet, I love you guys, but what the hell? Fix this already!

@Dino.3680 said:

@"DoggySpew.4529" said:
I have an idea posted for disappearing and re-appearing UI. The idea is that if you are out of combat, the UI disappears automatically. With an optional "compass" remaining for navigation as an option.

If this is happening, please have it as an option. I want my ui up all the time.

This would actually Need to be an option, because the kind of timing and animations needed to make that as smooth as possible would require a lot of graphical power. But is still a nice idea for the people who can support it; Many people are included, but there would still be a group that would need this as an option to turn off.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:FYI: If you use a L80 Boost, your character will stay in The Silverwastes; thus, no 'sprinting from the Norn (or any other race's) starting map'.

I can only guess that there is, so far, no fix for this issue; at least, not one that doesn't break many other things. It happens, sometimes.

Well that's a silver lining in any case. Can I just run straight to the HoT prologue to begin the damn expansion while in the Silverwastes before going back to do the main quest? Because I can tolerate it long enough to do that then.

I'd like to explore options to make the last attack in your default auto-attack chain have some sort of additional visual indication that you're activating it, such as changing the color of the casting bar. During combat it can be difficult to tell when I've completed an auto-attack chain, and it's easy to interrupt it when I don't wish to.

While each part of the chain has a different icon, they're all too similar to tell at a glance and some of the last attacks are not that different in activation time compared to previous ones making it easy to lose track. Not to mention how not every auto-attack chain has the same amount of attacks, such as Necromancer's axe or a Soulbeast's mainhand dagger. I don't want to change weapon functionality or anything, just add some kind of visual (or even audio) cue.

Implement a boost storage kind of system that allows you to switch between a certain number, say five, of each type of boost. So you can activate a 1 hour food boost but then switch game modes and activate a different food that doesn't just replace your current one. It would put the current one in stasis until you switch back to it.

Also have the system automatically switch when the time runs out unless you activate the current one again.

This would be awesome with the guild boosters too.

1. Fix the mystic forge ui. At the very least allow us to just spam the craft button without putting the 4 items back. Personally I'd prefer if they completely remade the ui but my first suggestion is more realistic.

2. Remove empyreal fragments/bloodstone dust/dragonite ore from the recipes of BiS consumables. Having to farm silverwastes just to be and to do WvW is really tedious. Making these three materials not account bound would also fix things.

3. Remove timegating from BiS items. WvW infusions need laurels or tickets both if these are timegated. Making them sellable would be another solution.

4. Dream is addons, but I would settle for customizable UI. Anet said they don't want you needing to "play the UI" yet this game is the only game where I've ever felt like I am, adding customization to it allows us to spend less time looking at it as it will be clearer.

New player here, why not Australian servers?

To anyone saying "it's not worth it" and such, pretty much any big names are slowly coming around to giving us our own server, realizing we're actually worth the investment.

WoW, Maplestory 2, Path of Exile, Dauntless, and when it launches, Crowfall too.

The only big names left are FFXIV and GW2, but ping hardly affects gameplay in FFXIV thanks to global cooldowns, but I'm definitely feeling it here. I'm really feeling like GW2 seems to really focus on the things I love about WoW and FFXIV, but I can't really enjoy the combat to it's full extent at 240 ping, and I'm going to love playing through the entire free part of the game, but without an Australian server I just can't invest money in a game that's going to include me in it's service region, but treat me like a second-rate customer.

"You are encumbered" panel always pops up behind inventory panel and deposit materials option does not pick the item from it. So we have to close or move inventory panel every time to reach that encumbered panel to manually pick at item then continue. Also we are not able to continue salvaging items until encumbered panel disappears.

However same deposit mats function is able to pick stuff from your bags are full panel. And we are still able to salvage items when that window is on screen with stuff in it to be picked.

I would love this to be checked and rearranged again.