Tequatl Hoard Drops?

Vilvyon.9634

I'm just making this quickie forum in order to gather some notes regarding Tequatl Hoard drops! As I would imagine from Google searching, they've typically seemed to have risen from the Exotic Form of Dragon Chest that is available once a day per account— but the wiki states to yield possibility that Tequatl Hoards can in fact sprout from the Dragon Chest that spawns on map as the Tequatl Trophy Chest (which can be obtained once a day per character instead). As a creator of a character who has come to near exclusively use Sunless weapons for my Thief/Holosmith (i.e., Dagger, Revolver, Staff, Rifle, and Spear..), I have high motivation to follow any leads that can increase my Tequatl Hoard drop chances.

TLDR; Has anyone ever recalled receiving a Tequatl Hoard without the Exotic Dragon Chest? (I'd also like opinions as to if hitting Tequatl multiple times a day spanning different characters each attempt is a good idea; I literally have memorized his spawn times in my head all around the clock.) Either way, I'll be a constant threat to Zhaitan's Champion to ensure maximum efficiency unless believably informed that my efforts are fruitless. Thanks!

@Jeknar.6184 said:I've killed Tequatl thousand of times, I've only dropped ONE hoard.

..I'd say my luck stat is one of my most notable traits. I assembled my first hoard not too long after my first encounter with Tequatl and the list just gradually filled in! There was even one time after HoT was released that I hadn't ventured into the Daredevil street cuz I use Bolt on my Thief. While working with my clientele they noted that it was weird I was still a Thief and at that time I made a promise to them that I'd only make her a Daredevil if I got another Hoard to adorn the transition.. Literally, the same day at Reset I got a Hoard.

I WILL BECOME STRIDER OF THE SUNLESS!!

Used to do Teq once-a-day religiously until real life kicked in. Got 11 hoards so far and I think I never got one from the Trophy Chest (the lootable statue near the tailbone). I swear I remember getting a hoard or two on a rare daily chest. Could also be just from the way loots appear on the side, this was before bouncy chests were right-click-able so I just spam click to open them all.

@Jura.2170 said:If you got an ascended or hoard from the black chest, was auto loot turned on or off when it happened?

Well essentially the question still holds because I've yet to confirm someone acquiring a Tequatl Hoard from the Autolootable Chest so.. Still unsure what the autoloot v no autoloot has to do with it? Results the same.

• 1 year later...

A long time ago, I got my first ascended weapon from a tequatl hoard. of course, it was my first and still is the only one I've ever gotten. but it was awhile ago so I don't remember if I got it from opening a chest I got from tequatl. at the moment I've decided to fight tequatl every day so I can try to get another tequatl hoard, since I only have one ascended weapon at the moment, the Veil render, which I use on my main, and I would like to get more ascended weapons. when I get another if I get it or don't get it from opening one of those chests that you get from tequatl, I'll edit this comment and tell you.

I can't say if this happened from opening the wiggly chests, the chests in my inventory, or what. I just want to share my experience with the drop rates:

I've done Tequatl nearly every day for the past three years. I figure I've probably missed maybe 30-40 times due to real life, timing, vacations, etc. I got my first, and so far only, Tequatl Hoard chest a week ago. In comparison, I also do Triple Trouble nearly every day and have gotten four Piles of Regurgitated Armor in the same span of time.

Editing to add that I have gotten a good number of normal ascended weapon and armor chests from both bosses, though.

took me around 4 years of doing Teq almost every day to get all 19 Teq hoards to unlock all skins, and i mystic toileted them into the antique weapons

The wiki isn't really up to date, you can get Ascended box from the rare dragon box, just even more extreme rng; and you can get Ascended armor box from Teq, rarer than weapon box

Teq still one of the best source to get ascended gears for filthy casuals like me, just 15min a day

i personally think it's fine, but the Scion's set at Dragon Fall is a pain in the butt to get