Chasing Tales Issues [Merged]

@Sita Droowan.5983 said:

@Sita Droowan.5983 said:"Chasing Tales: Deadly Accuracy" doesn
t work. I killed more than 300 enemies with my rifle (DEAD EYE) during the METAs and on different spots in the new map. I tried branded, bears, spiders, everything I could find on the new map without switching weapons. Doesn
t work. I cannot finish the achievment.

Two of the achievements award the same item. It’s like the one for the focus only that you can’t complete the achievement.

Wrote a ticket the same day. I`m curious, how long it will take ´til they fix it.

Until Tuesday.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They needed to freeze the item from purchase to stop the increase of more accounts getting effected by a fix that's likely going to need manual fixes for each account.

I wonder how long I'll have to look at this Journeyman collection on my Nearly Completed list, even though it clearly isn't and doesn't ever belong showing up on it.

What's curious is that unlike the bugged focus cheeve there are some accounts on gw2efficiency that have managed to complete the rifle cheeves. Is this something that was working at first and became bugged after a patch . . ?

EDIT: Just got it. Apparently it works fine if you get preemptive strike last. I wonder if there is a similar workaround for focus and just no one has found it yet . . .

@Gop.8713 said:What's curious is that unlike the bugged focus cheeve there are some accounts on gw2efficiency that have managed to complete the rifle cheeves. Is this something that was working at first and became bugged after a patch . . ?

EDIT: Just got it. Apparently it works fine if you get preemptive strike last. I wonder if there is a similar workaround for focus and just no one has found it yet . . .

I try it with the focus now. I will report if worked.[edit] This cant work, because the items from the atchievements are the same. You can only gain the wrong item,

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:This is noted as fixed in the Known Issues Tracker. Are you still having issues? If so, could you give a detailed description?

As mentioned by other people, for those of us who completed the achievement before today's patch we are unable to obtain the item that ticks off the next collection achievement. We would have to either get the achievement reset or get the item in our possession a different way, if that would even work.

Also the Chasing Tales: Deadly Accuracy achievement also hasn't been fixed. The achievement simply does not work and we are unable to make the ascended dragonsblood rifle.

I have done the full exotic dragonsblood weapon collection as well as every single achievement besides those two. So for what it's worth, everything else is working as intended.

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:This is noted as fixed in the Known Issues Tracker. Are you still having issues? If so, could you give a detailed description?

3rd step of "Chasing Tales: Asaliea the Channeler" is not checked while rest of the achievements are already done so we can't get proper item as reward to finish deed #3 :( plz halp!

So the ticket sent to customer support was ignored?The bug is not fixed for those who have finished the 3 deeds before this "fix". I now have 2 deeds checked and no way to finish the achievement. STILL.I mean the answer from customer support was copy paste (I've seen others posting it and it was the same): "we're not going to do anything about it, have fun", but I assumed this was actually taken into consideration not ignored completely and now "This is noted as fixed in the Known Issues Tracker."?Is this serious?

Edit: And no mention of the rifle achievement which is has the same bug, although I haven't had the chance to try and see if the kills deed is now "unstuck". Based on current evidence I'm going to assume it was ignored as well.

Chasing tales: Asaliea 3/5. Still bugged, i canno't see the next achievement to be done.chasing tales: Deadly Accuracy: RIFLE KILLS are not counting. So rifle is also at 3/5. Pre-patch Bugg that is still a bug. Fix this please.I do see the "deadly Accuracy" achievement to be done, i do not see focus achievement n°4 to be done.Ty

^Same here I was bugged before the patch, Since the patch I went through both meta events north and south killing branded foes using a scepter and focus (easily a 100+) as well as killing both the storm and sun temporal elementals 2 or 3 times over nothing has changed. I am still stuck at 3/5 for the achievements as before.

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:This is noted as fixed in the Known Issues Tracker. Are you still having issues? If so, could you give a detailed description?

Gaile how do people who finished the 3 tasks before the bug fix get this to update? I am still at 3/5 got Chasing Tales: Asaliea the Channeler with heroic deed #3 not checked but I finished the 3 heroic deeds already so I cant get this to progress.

https://imgur.com/XfqaaUrSo I added a screenshot. Issues are:

• Chasing Tales: Asaliea the Channeler - still cannot be completed after today's fix. I had done the deeds achievements previously and now this one is stuck and cannot be finished
  • Chasing Tales: Baverne the Hunter - still cannot be completed after today's fix. Chasing Tales: Deadly Accuracy does not register. I've done the north meta a few minutes ago, well after today's patch and the achievement is stuck and cannot be finished.

Do I need to make a new ticket for these or in game bug report is enough?