Do you use build templates? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Do you use build templates?

Nimon.7840Nimon.7840 Member ✭✭✭✭

So for the players that use arc-dps:
Do you use the buildtemplates?

And to add something, post your current buildtemplates number on your favourite Charakter.

So im necro Main, I use buildtemplates a lot and got 13 different builds saved for my main necro.

Do you use build templates? 58 votes

Yes
13%
Amarantha Onyx.8962spiritualabyss.7016ArthurDent.9538Champion Templar.5820steki.1478Daccura.4769PandaJimmy.7563Fingolfin.8031 8 votes
No
31%
ReaverKane.7598Dahkeus.8243MithranArkanere.8957Ezrael.6859BadMed.3846Arkantos.7460Vortok.6975Tommo Chocolate.5870rdfaye.4368sigur.9453Jaidy.1824SloRules.3560Dajas.4715Lexi.1398MisterA.2759Xenji.4907Blackthorn.7054Derameter.7928 18 votes
I don't care.
0%
Yes, anet pls make your own buildtemplates
55%
BunjiKugashira.9754Asum.4960Zaraki.5784Obtena.7952Llethander.3972Zilong.1407InsaneQR.7412Cyninja.2954Raiden The Beast.3016voltaicbore.8012Imperadordf.2687Luindu.2418DerJoker.9081Belishine.7493Acotje.5689Kas.3509Nimon.7840vyncius.6105Zex Anthon.8673Oli.4597 32 votes

Comments

• Yes, anet pls make your own buildtemplates

Yes, but imo the build template in ArcDps isn't very good. It often fails loading legendary equipment when you changed stats, it can't load runes or sigils into legendary equipment and you have to click your build in 5 categories before you can load it. I'm hoping ANet will implement their own build templates.

No skin should be exclusive to gem-store rng boxes.
    What really happened with mount skins

• steki.1478steki.1478 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yes

@BunjiKugashira.9754 said:
    Yes, but imo the build template in ArcDps isn't very good. It often fails loading legendary equipment when you changed stats, it can't load runes or sigils into legendary equipment and you have to click your build in 5 categories before you can load it. I'm hoping ANet will implement their own build templates.

It loads upgrades into legy gear perfectly fine and you can shift click if all 5 (or less) categories are named the same to select all at once.

Deso's favorite FROG
    Master of afk and kiting
    The God of Pips and Gud Deeps
    Froggo himself

• ReaverKane.7598ReaverKane.7598 Member ✭✭✭✭
    No

No, but i would if they were in the game. (You missed that option)

• Do you use build templates?
    (1) Don't care
    (2) ANet make your own

What was wrong with...

• Yes, I use ArcDPS and its templates
    • No, I use ArcDPS but not the templates
    • Other: I don't use ArcDPS.

Or, as @ReaverKane.7598 suggests (by implication)

• Yes I use ArcDPS & its templates
    • No I use Arc but not the templates
    • No, I don't use Arc, but I would use templates if they were in the game (instead of in a 3rd party use-at-own-risk piece of software)
    • No, I don't use Arc and I can't imagine using templates even if in the game.

Hype is the path to the dark side. Hype leads to unfulfilled expectations. Disappointment leads to anger. Anger leads to disgust. Disgust leads to "oh, new shinies! I'm back!"

• ReaverKane.7598ReaverKane.7598 Member ✭✭✭✭
    No

To make it clear, i do use ArcDPS, but not the templates, because yeah, no thanks. That's more interaction between Arc and my account than i'm willing to allow, cause if anything breaks, it's my gear gone.

• Kas.3509Kas.3509 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 18, 2019

Yes I love it but its annoying that arc breaks every few updates and you need to wait. I am tired of game crashing after every update.
    I am also scated something can break.
    It's ArenaNet fault. Someting so important should be in the game already...
    In the worst case : buy it from the creator and tweak it if you are not capable of creating your own.

• Cyninja.2954Cyninja.2954 Member ✭✭✭✭

I use arc, both for dps overview and log analysis post fight.

I use arc build templates very regularly per day/hour. It's the only way to reliable and without going insane switch between power chrono, mirage and tank/support chrono or core warrior, spellbreaker and berserker as well as druid and soulbeast. Without arc templates, legendaries are simply flashy ascended items (due to how clunky it is to change stats and runes/sigils).

Even classes without legendary items, arc templates makes life a lot easier. Support Scourge to condi Scourge, Dragonhunter, condi Firebrand and heal Firebrand. I even use it to switch Daredevil to Deadeye and back, even though those 2 builds probably share the most gear and traits/utilities in the game.

I wish we would finally get an in-game template system. Both to not have to rely on arc as band-aid as well as maybe a more comprehensive system.

• InsaneQR.7412InsaneQR.7412 Member ✭✭✭✭

I honestly dont use templates because i am to effing lazy to install arcdps and i dont want any crashes.
    A dps meter and build templates from anet themselfs would be great though.

• phokus.8934phokus.8934 Member ✭✭✭✭

The UI in ArcDPS is pretty janky. Maybe if it were updated to be less clunky I’d use it.

• Yes

I have around 15 templates available on my main chrono - thats excluding any mirage and support builds, those are on another char.

• TheQuickFox.3826TheQuickFox.3826 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 22, 2019

No, because they are not there.
    I used them in GW1 and I liked it there. I will use it once it becomes available.

Ascalon Will Prevail!

GW Wiki user page | GW2 Wiki user page

• No

I can't use what it doesn't exist. And third party applications do not exist to me.

• Zaraki.5784Zaraki.5784 Member ✭✭✭✭

I would like to use build templates but I hate Arc, so please Anet do your own official build template in-game.

"Sticks and stones may break your bones but words will never be able to injure you!"
    The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy

• Catfish.4503Catfish.4503 Member ✭✭
    edited January 28, 2019

Yes I do, I'm glad Arc exists. But an official solution would be even better.

• Dahkeus.8243Dahkeus.8243 Member ✭✭✭
    No

Not sure exactly how much my vote counts. I have used ArcDPS, but am not using it at the moment since I uninstalled it a while back and haven't re-installed it since switching to more casual content.

Still, I tried out the template add-on, but never really used it much and uninstalled it for the same reason I uninstalled ArcDPS: I got tired of kitten breaking with every patch.

I'd love to see ANet implement build templates, but third party solutions are a pain in the kitten because they will always eventually break or require additional fiddling to keep updated/in working order.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.