An Update about Episode 5 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

An Update about Episode 5

Hello Krewe!

We’ve heard about the bug in the Dwarven Catacombs in Thunderhead Peaks were some players are not getting the purple plate from the Graveling. We are actively working on this complicated issue and should have a fix soon. The team is also looking into improving the experience for players who have started the Catacombs plate puzzle but have to log out for long periods of time and come back unable to continue their progress. We apologize for the inconvenience! We're also working to address feedback about the lack of visibility of events in Thunderhead Peaks, as well as the communication of Pepperseed's event chain. Thank you for your patience.

Tagged:
<1

Comments

• Sounds great. Thank you so much!

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for letting us know! :)

I'm especially looking forward to the plate/log out issue being fixed as it's pretty rare for me to be able to commit to a long play session, so completing the Catacombs is pretty unlikely for me with the current system, which is a shame because it's the kind of thing I love doing.

Danielle Aurorel - Desolation EU. Mini Collector.

"I know that I'm born and I know that I'll die, the in-between is mine."

• TheOrlyFactor.8341TheOrlyFactor.8341 Member ✭✭✭✭

I appreciate y'all looking into this. While I haven't had as hard a time with the purple room as others have had, it's great that the team is looking into this.

Are there also any plans to increase the detection/activation range of The Consul's Tomb POI like what was done with The Hammer's Hoard POI, where players doing map completion can get the POI from outside the gate?

Asura fanatic.
    World's largest Zojja fan.
    Illconceived Was Na fanboy.

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

Good stuff 👍

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• Donari.5237Donari.5237 Member ✭✭✭✭

That's wonderful! Hopefully the fix will also include the problem with people getting the same color plate as the room they're in, someone in Map just said they'd gotten the blue plate three times in a row in the blue room. I'd previously only heard of that happening with the purple plate.

• Aaralyna.3104Aaralyna.3104 Member ✭✭✭

@Clayton Kisko.5207 Can you also look into the bug of graveling dropping a plate for only 1 person (which seems to be last person entering the room)? Everyone that attacks the graveling should get their plate so players don't hate each other for stealing "their" plate and the intense wait for finally getting a plate (not to mention afk trolls that stay in the room and players that refuse to wait outside of the room). Most complains are about this issue ;)

• DeWolfe.2174DeWolfe.2174 Member ✭✭✭

TY, how about the lack of achievement credit for parties doing the episode?

• Just a note: We want the graveling to NOT drop the purple plate. It's in the purple room; a purple plate from the graveling stops the tombs from working.

• zealex.9410zealex.9410 Member ✭✭✭✭

Thanks guys ^^

• @Clayton Kisko.5207 said:
    Hello Krewe!

We’ve heard about the bug in the Dwarven Catacombs in Thunderhead Peaks were some players are not getting the purple plate from the Graveling. We are actively working on this complicated issue and should have a fix soon. The team is also looking into improving the experience for players who have started the Catacombs plate puzzle but have to log out for long periods of time and come back unable to continue their progress. We apologize for the inconvenience! We're also working to address feedback about the lack of visibility of events in Thunderhead Peaks, as well as the communication of Pepperseed's event chain. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks for taking in the feedback on all three situations. Please keep us posted on the progress.

Meantime, for anyone doing the puzzle, take a port to green room as soon as you get the plate; that way you don't have to worry about time running out while dealing with the graveling.

"Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

• Catchyfx.5768Catchyfx.5768 Member ✭✭✭

If I summon him again on second kill it spawned almost everytime.

Jokaurene

• While you are it, could you also please make that more than one player at a time can pick a dragonsblood spear from the barrel during northern meta? Hitting F and riding away only to realize several seconds later that you don't have the special action got annoying very fast.

• This is happening because some1 activates the plate. They got thru 1st room and get purple plate. Then they go in purple room and theres 8 ppl there and plate isnt dropping. Then they log in an attempt to swap maps or travel thru another person to a new map. Then they kill graveling in new map and it drops purple plate only. The fix for you is to go to the 1st room you got on the new map and do that room over and you will get a diff plate. Happened to me and I helped some1 else in map chat and both times was sucessful.

• It wouldn't be a official release without some sort of annoying bug(s). It's almost a tradition at this point and would feel odd with a bug free release.

I am actually starting to look forward to them.

That said, thanks for the update.

• Urud.4925Urud.4925 Member ✭✭✭

I'm actually quite pleased from the few issues found so far. Compared to other episodes (like "A bug in the system" - maybe it was named this way for a reason) this one went quite smoothly. Considering that there are even 2 meta and that the map is huge, it's nice :)
    Thanks for looking into it.

• Bloodstealer.5978Bloodstealer.5978 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 19, 2019

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Clayton Kisko.5207 said:
    Hello Krewe!

Thanks for taking in the feedback on all three situations. Please keep us posted on the progress.

Meantime, for anyone doing the puzzle, take a port to green room as soon as you get the plate; that way you don't have to worry about time running out while dealing with the graveling.

Or just do a quick relog after interacting with the sarcophagus and killing the gravelling.. next time you will still have your light and the plate will drop after you or you + others kill the gravelling again. If you don't interact though it appears you get ported back outside the room and may have to wait for a portal again

Life is what YOU make it... NOT what others tell you!

• I was wondering -- and I apologize if this is not the right place to bring this up -- but is there also someone working on the bugged achievements for the completion of Chasing Tales: Baverne the Hunter? As it stands, due to Chasing Tales: Preemptive Strike rewarding the credit for "Deadly Accuracy" instead of itself, the achievement is broken.

• @Bloodstealer.5978 said:
    Or just do a quick relog after interacting with the sarcophagus and killing the gravelling.. next time you will still have your light and the plate will drop after you or you + others kill the gravelling again.

I tried that; didn't work for me. (Even solo.)

"Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

• Bloodstealer.5978Bloodstealer.5978 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 20, 2019

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:
    Or just do a quick relog after interacting with the sarcophagus and killing the gravelling.. next time you will still have your light and the plate will drop after you or you + others kill the gravelling again.

Did you interact with the sarcophagus before you reported... cos I've done 7 or 8 times both solo and with guildy and it's never failed except when I forgot to Interact and others in the room also succeed after telling them.

Life is what YOU make it... NOT what others tell you!

• @Bloodstealer.5978 said:

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:

Did you interact with the sarcophagus before you reported... cos I've done 7 or 8 times both solo and with guildy and it's never failed except when I forgot to Interact and others in the room also succeed after telling them.

Interacting alone: not gotten it consistently. Not interacting: I have gotten it.
    (I've discussed the details more in the other threads.)

• Kal Spiro.9745Kal Spiro.9745 Member ✭✭✭

Well, that covers my list of issues since they already shut up the Skritt scavenger, I look forward to the fix.

Tarnished Coast - Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/NM |Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian
    |Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald
    |Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker|Weaver|Chronomancer|Soulbeast|Holosmith|Revenant|Mirage

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 21, 2019

Thanks for finally providing some feedback on the issues mentioned. I just stumbled across this thread by accident. :o

Sounds great, thank you in advance! :)

• Susy.7529Susy.7529 Member ✭✭✭

New patch live but no mention of a fix for this :/

• Just did this room and all got the plate

• notebene.3190notebene.3190 Member ✭✭✭✭

I had purple today, and there might be some truth to "last person in gets the plate" theory. More often than not, I run in while it's being killed, while there are 1 or more people already in there, and I get the plate. One time when I had an issue, others came in after me.

Seeing someone post this theory, I went in alone today, and someone came in during phase 1, so I ran out really quick (while they finished phase 1 and then did the critters for the in between phase and started phase 2) and ran back in and helped finish phase 2, and I got the plate. :)

In the event I don't get a chance, thank you all for the company and help when I needed it from time to time.

• Sindariel.2354Sindariel.2354 Member ✭✭✭

It's NOT fixed.

• perilisk.1874perilisk.1874 Member ✭✭✭✭

New patch notes claim it is fixed.

• @Sindariel.2354 said:
    It's NOT fixed.

Could you elaborate a bit more? The patch that went out today fixed this issue. I'd love to hear what you experienced :)

• Clayton, Can I ask a related question? Until yesterday evening (so before the patch) I always got the Gravelling room as one of the rooms I needed to go through on my way to the end room. Yesterday evening (after the patch) I got to the end room without having to fight the Gravelling. And as there is a point of interest in that room and this was the only character without map completion for Thunderhead Peaks that was inconvenient. Is this a bug or was I "lucky" so far on my other characters to always got the Gravelling room?

• @Rose Solane.1027 said:
    Clayton, Can I ask a related question? Until yesterday evening (so before the patch) I always got the Gravelling room as one of the rooms I needed to go through on my way to the end room. Yesterday evening (after the patch) I got to the end room without having to fight the Gravelling. And as there is a point of interest in that room and this was the only character without map completion for Thunderhead Peaks that was inconvenient. Is this a bug or was I "lucky" so far on my other characters to always got the Gravelling room?

You were just lucky. The rooms you get each day may be different sets. Keep trying and you will get it in your rotation eventually. This isn't a bug, thankfully.

idc

• Exotic serpentite jewelry still lacks both upgrade slots as well as the upgrade components themselves.

• Gop.8713Gop.8713 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Sindariel.2354 said:
    It's NOT fixed.

Could you elaborate a bit more? The patch that went out today fixed this issue. I'd love to hear what you experienced :)

The issue with the graveling not dropping the plate does seem to be fixed. I did it today in a room with several other ppl and got the drop on the first kill, and it appeared at least one other person got it at the same time. So I would say that issue is resolved . . .

Another fix released in that patch does not seem to have resolved its issue, and that is the bugged focus cheeve. A fix went out that presumably addresses the issue for ppl who complete the focus cheeves moving forward, but those of us who had already completed them before the patch still do not have credit for the third one and therefore cannot progress that 'mini-meta' cheeve . . .

@Sindariel.2354 said:
    It's NOT fixed.

• I killed the graveling more than a dozen times yesterday and he didn't drop a plate to me. All other player in the room except one also didn't get a plate.
    • When all other players already left and i was the last one in the room, i continued to kill the graveling. Than i observed other players entering the room, hitting the graveling once or twice (in one case don't even hitting it) and picking up it's plate. No plate for me.
    • The graveling didn't even drop a plate to me when i was definitely the last player in the room.
      After ~45 mins, i gave up and left.

Note: I entered the room via Mesmer portal, like veryone else. I stayed in the room for the whole time. I didn't try to re-enter.

• The plate in the purple room worked for me and my wife an hour after reset yesterday.

Currently experiencing the same as yesterday. Killing it over and over, but no plate. Other players enter the room and get it first try....
    Do we need to have the Light of Deldrimor active, or is there any "trick" to get. it?

• Wanze.8410Wanze.8410 Member ✭✭✭

@Sindariel.2354 said:
    Currently experiencing the same as yesterday. Killing it over and over, but no plate. Other players enter the room and get it first try....
    Do we need to have the Light of Deldrimor active, or is there any "trick" to get. it?

Not sure if you need the Light of Deldrimor Buff still active when killing the graveling but you definately must have it activated on that day in order to put in your plate to get into that room.

If you could just portal into any room and get a plate without consuming a light of deldrimor plate before, nobody would do the metas.

Players who portal into that room do so in order to get the POI, not the plate.

edited January 23, 2019

@Wanze.8410 said:

@Sindariel.2354 said:

@Sindariel.2354 said:
    It's NOT fixed.

• I killed the graveling more than a dozen times yesterday and he didn't drop a plate to me. All other player in the room except one also didn't get a plate.
    • When all other players already left and i was the last one in the room, i continued to kill the graveling. Than i observed other players entering the room, hitting the graveling once or twice (in one case don't even hitting it) and picking up it's plate. No plate for me.
    • The graveling didn't even drop a plate to me when i was definitely the last player in the room.

Note: I entered the room via Mesmer portal, like veryone else. I stayed in the room for the whole time. I didn't try to re-enter.

why do you go into the room via mesmer portal? Of course it doesnt drop a plate, if you dont spend a plate to get into it.

How else would you enter a room, when the plate that opens the room is INSIDE THAT ROOM!?
    And other players who got portaled in did get the plate.

@Wanze.8410 said:

@Sindariel.2354 said:

Not sure if you need the Light of Deldrimor Buff still active when killing the graveling but you definately must have it activated on that day in order to put in your plate to get into that room.

If you could just portal into any room and get a plate without consuming a light of deldrimor plate before, nobody would do the metas.

This is absolutely wrong. You can pick up any plate in all the other rooms without the Light of Deldrimor. People portal in because of that stupid mechanic where the plates drop in the rooms of the same color and theres no other way to enter them.
    You dont't even need to enter the green room to get the POI. Just get close to the gate.

I tried again with Light of Deldrimor buff active and now the plate drops every time i kill the graveling. So, it seems this is the key.
    You didn't need it before the update to get the plate.

• Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Sindariel.2354 said:

@Wanze.8410 said:

@Sindariel.2354 said:

@Sindariel.2354 said:
    It's NOT fixed.

why do you go into the room via mesmer portal? Of course it doesnt drop a plate, if you dont spend a plate to get into it.

How else would you enter a room, when the plate that opens the room is INSIDE THAT ROOM!?
    And other players who got portaled in did get the plate.

You get it from one of the other rooms by during after turning in a completed plate from the metas to the dwarf. That’s assuming the room is a part of the rotation. You can also get it if you’re on that story step.

Otherwise, why do you need the plate?

@Wanze.8410 said:

@Sindariel.2354 said:

This is absolutely wrong. You can pick up any plate in all the other rooms without the Light of Deldrimor. People portal in because of that stupid mechanic where the plates drop in the rooms of the same color and theres no other way to enter them.
    You dont't even need to enter the green room to get the POI. Just get close to the gate.

That’s not a mechanic but a bug. I have only ever seen that happen for purple. There’s also absolutely no purpose to go into a room in order to get the plate to unlock it as it gets you nowhere.

The only reason to get ported into the purple room is for the POI or the hidden chests.

• Wanze.8410Wanze.8410 Member ✭✭✭

@Sindariel.2354 said:

I tried again with Light of Deldrimor buff active and now the plate drops every time i kill the graveling. So, it seems this is the key.
    You didn't need it before the update to get the plate.

Then I wonder why you are complaining here that you didnt get it before the patch without the buff?

• Some chests bugs. I had the first issues earlier a chest with no loot in it but today I had no loot and then with the second chest its said you already opened it today.
    Same room the one with the traps and lava fountain.

• Urud.4925Urud.4925 Member ✭✭✭

Thank you @Clayton Kisko.5207 for fixing this issue and thank you to your colleagues as well for changing a bit the Thunderhead Peak's meta (both not so critical issues, but now they're better). You guys are simply great :)

• @Urud.4925 said:
    Thank you @Clayton Kisko.5207 for fixing this issue and thank you to your colleagues as well for changing a bit the Thunderhead Peak's meta (both not so critical issues, but now they're better). You guys are simply great :)

Our pleasure! Thanks for everyone's patients and understanding! You all are the best!

• Pifil.5193Pifil.5193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Urud.4925 said:

Our pleasure! Thanks for everyone's patients and understanding! You all are the best!

No, you're the best! A lot of us may moan and whinge but I think most of us do appreciate your hard work!

• Astralporing.1957Astralporing.1957 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Sindariel.2354 said:

This only happens if you enter the room via a portal. Basically, the game has an order of dropped plates, and if you happen to enter the first room via other means than the plate from the dwarf, the game will see you still do not have the plate for the first room, and will give you one (instead of the plate for the next room). In order to avoid that you do need to enter each room the intended way.

The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

• Etria.3642Etria.3642 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Urud.4925 said:

Our pleasure! Thanks for everyone's** patients** and understanding! You all are the best!

I can't help it. I can't. How many patients were donated to the cause to fix this issue? Sorry, Friday morning and I needed that. Did both metas got both lights, and circumnavigated the puzzle just fine, so for all those patients, it worked! A shame I do not have more patience!

• @Etria.3642 said:

@Urud.4925 said:

Our pleasure! Thanks for everyone's** patients** and understanding! You all are the best!

I can't help it. I can't. How many patients were donated to the cause to fix this issue? Sorry, Friday morning and I needed that. Did both metas got both lights, and circumnavigated the puzzle just fine, so for all those patients, it worked! A shame I do not have more patience!

Oh man, for shame on my part. Sorry about that! I tend to type very quickly as I hop between meetings. Mental note the next time I use the word patience! XD

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.