Chasing Tales Issues [Merged]

I am also having the same issue where the Chasing Tales: Asaliea the Channeler check list is showing the heroic spirit deed #3 as unchecked, but the achievement Chasing Tales: Torrent of Magic has been completed in my All or Nothing Achievements List.
Until the Asaliea the Channeler achievement is updated to reflect my completion of the third deed, I am unable to finish.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:This is noted as fixed in the Known Issues Tracker. Are you still having issues? If so, could you give a detailed description?

Just confirming what others have said, this fix did not affect those of us who already had the cheeves completed. I'm guessing it works for ppl who did the cheeves for the first time today, but I don't know for certain . . .

Just to check for myself, I did both map metas on a dh with sc/f today to see if it would reup my focus cheeve, but it did not. I also went by the heroic font to see if I could toss the crystal in for focus, and I could not . . .

To be clear, I completed all three focus cheeves before the fix, but the third is not ticked in the 'mini-meta' focus cheeve so I cannot progress. This is the same problem that was described by the other players above. So no change with this fix. Thx :)

Guys, ArenaNet definitely knows their patch didn't address players who already completed the achievement. The patch notes don't even imply the issue was retroactively fixed. The patch notes implied that, moving forward, players can now do the collection successfully. In other words, they want you to do it on your alt or wait around forever for (possibly nothing) something to happen.

That doesn't seem to make sense, from their perspective. It would just be horribly inefficient for them to leave it to CS to go through and individually fix each account. But either way it's not really time sensitive. I try really hard to avoid sending tickets so I can wait until it is clear that is the only recourse . . .

@Gop.8713 said:That doesn't seem to make sense, from their perspective. It would just be horribly inefficient for them to leave it to CS to go through and individually fix each account. But either way it's not really time sensitive. I try really hard to avoid sending tickets so I can wait until it is clear that is the only recourse . . .

Well yes, that's my point. It's kind of unbelievable they rolled out a patch knowing all the players who had the deeds complete already still wouldn't be able to finish the collection. But they did.

@Rhein.8197 said:

@Gop.8713 said:That doesn't seem to make sense, from their perspective. It would just be horribly inefficient for them to leave it to CS to go through and individually fix each account. But either way it's not really time sensitive. I try really hard to avoid sending tickets so I can wait until it is clear that is the only recourse . . .

Well yes, that's my point. It's kind of unbelievable they rolled out a patch knowing all the players who had the deeds complete already still wouldn't be able to finish the collection. But they did.

Well it wasn't entirely useless either, in that it prevents further damage at least. Now there are a finite number of accounts that are affected, and though that number is probably fairly large at least it won't be increasing moving forward. So they've fixed the initial problem, now they just have to do the cleanup . . .

I'd be more frustrated if this prevented completion of the collection or something like that, but it just prevents crafting the asc focus so it's not a huge deal to me. It's mostly just annoying to have the unfinished cheeve hanging out there . . .

@Gop.8713 said:

Well it wasn't entirely useless either, in that it prevents further damage at least. Now there are a finite number of accounts that are affected, and though that number is probably fairly large at least it won't be increasing moving forward. So they've fixed the initial problem, now they just have to do the cleanup . . .

I'd be more frustrated if this prevented completion of the collection or something like that, but it just prevents crafting the asc focus so it's not a huge deal to me. It's mostly just annoying to have the unfinished cheeve hanging out there . . .

I agree with you, except that ANet has needlessly stayed silent and dodged commenting on this.

I think rifle deed #1 is still bugged as stated above. I purchased the recipe today and was able to complete deed #2 and deed #3 (which for some reason is named Chasing Tales: Deadly accuracy for the reward , instead of Chasing Tales: Preemptive Strike).

I tried in my holo before and after the latest patch as well as on warrior.