Black Lion Trading Post: Difficulty selling [Merged]

kathy.8291

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:Here are some thoughts from one of the developers:

Here are some things we'd like to know:

• If this happening on instant sell order or on custom orders?
  • Have you had an item immediately removed from inventory (sold) but then experienced a substantial lag between the removal and payment? If so, can you tell us approximately how long it took to get paid? Would you be able to make a short video of the lag?
  • Did you sell something, have it removed from inventory, but not get the coin at all? (I don't think I've seen any such cases, but we naturally want to know about that, if it has happened.)
  • Did you see a red error on attempts to sell? If so, could you please post a screenshot or video?

Thanks for helping us narrow down these situations!

Hello,

For my previous post, yes the problem still continues as of today, with no visible changes as far as I can tell.

Regarding the new info, here's a few things I've noticed:

1. "Instant sell" only as far as I could tell. I haven't experienced any delay when listing items.
  2. Yes, the item being sold dissapears from the inventory immediately even if the delay happens. I've also noticed that if the delay happens after selling an item and I close the window and reopen it fast and try to sell something else it won't let me until the delay/loading finishes. I thought that would mean whatever is happening is "in the background" independent of my trade post window, if that makes sense or has any significance.
  3. No, I've always got the coins from selling. "Worst" case scenario - there was a short delay in getting them, but I do get the coins even if I close the trade post window right after selling, during the delay/loading thing.
  4. I don't think I've seen any error messages so far in regarding to this issue. I'll make sure to screenshot if I happen to get one.

Cheers!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well It seems like its gone back to being laggy as hell again :(

It is happening with custom sell and buy orders (i never instantly buy or sell)

Sometimes it gets 'stuck' when i placing items up for sale or if im just madly clicking the mouse to buy more than 250 of something (custom order)the lag seems to come and go. One moment its very responsive then the next second its back to being 'stuck' again for 3-5 seconds. Id say 3 out of 5 times it lags out.

Sometimes i flick back to the main store page and some error comes out like 'Err: No NAME::' there was more to that but thats what i can remember atm. it doesnt really happen a lot but its happened quite a few times already

It happens for me with both instant sell/buy and custom orders

• Have you had an item immediately removed from inventory (sold) but then experienced a substantial lag between the removal and payment? If so, can you tell us approximately how long it took to get paid? Would you be able to make a short video of the lag?

For me I've seen an item disappear that I sold. Then it took a good 15 seconds for the green confirm window to appear, and then my coin appeared about 5 seconds after that.

• Did you sell something, have it removed from inventory, but not get the coin at all? (I don't think I've seen any such cases, but we naturally want to know about that, if it has happened.)

I did see something similar from the streamer guildwarsmonk. He sold a full stack (250) of Elder Wood Logs on the Trading Post, but he hit sell as soon as he could, but he only received 9 copper per wood log, instead of the going price at the time of 1 silver 53 copper each. I'm not sure where the extra coin went, or if the seller only got 9 copper worth back, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

• Did you see a red error on attempts to sell? If so, could you please post a screenshot or video?

The only I have seen is just the basic error stating. "An error has occurred with your order." or something along those lines.

My advice about this whole situation. Have them look into the server the trading post is using. It could be a poor connection or a sign of server failure (I've seen this 100's of times before a server crashes and has to be replaced). My guess though, is that the connection from server to game user is the actual cause, and that someone in the middle between locations is causing the problem. Considering most of Amazon's servers are over in Virginia, and usually have to pass through Chicago, IL. There has been a known history for the past few years with Chicago of poor connection for throughput traffic. I would suggest investigating around there.

@Vegeta.2563 said:

• If this happening on
    instant sell
    order or on
    custom orders
    ?

It happens for me with both instant sell/buy and custom orders

For me I've seen an item disappear that I sold. Then it took a good 15 seconds for the green confirm window to appear, and then my coin appeared about 5 seconds after that.

I did see something similar from the streamer guildwarsmonk. He sold a full stack (250) of Elder Wood Logs on the Trading Post, but he hit sell as soon as he could, but he only received 9 copper per wood log, instead of the going price at the time of 1 silver 53 copper each. I'm not sure where the extra coin went, or if the seller only got 9 copper worth back, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

The only I have seen is just the basic error stating. "An error has occurred with your order." or something along those lines.

My advice about this whole situation. Have them look into the server the trading post is using. It could be a poor connection or a sign of server failure (I've seen this 100's of times before a server crashes and has to be replaced). My guess though, is that the connection from server to game user is the actual cause, and that someone in the middle between locations is causing the problem. Considering most of Amazon's servers are over in Virginia, and usually have to pass through Chicago, IL. There has been a known history for the past few years with Chicago of poor connection for throughput traffic. I would suggest investigating around there.

+1

though i dont get the "An error has occurred" message very often unless BLTC is REALLY REALLY tanking. In which case i just log off and go do something else.

@"kathy.8291" said:Since the new patch, I've had trouble selling things on the black lion trading post. It takes FOREVER to sell 1 item to get the Green Success Box. My drivers are up to date. This is the only issue I have in the game. Is anyone else having this same issue. It takes FOREVER to sell 1 item.

You might rename the thread "BLTP slow listing confirmation" for clarity

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:Here are some thoughts from one of the developers:

Thanks for helping us narrow down these situations!

1. That was one of the first things I thought to look at, and it doesn't seem to make a difference whether you are selling at an existing buy/sell price, creating your own, selling full/partial of your own stack. It just seems to be every 5-6 things, which 'might' correspond to time directly, if you are someone that sells en masse in a rhythm of sorts?
  2. I think the item immediately goes away, my delivery bird comes and goes, if it's an immediate sell, I believe I get the money immediately...the 'stall' is the UI 'recovering' and giving me the buttons back so I can continue and sell my next thing. This is where it stalls out for 5-8 seconds for me. ** Correction: Money stalls out as well. When selling on asking price, the money comes in as the UI recovers, both 'after' the stall.
  3. Have not experienced this at all.
  4. No, and actually, the red 'slow down' message has all but gone away, presumably because these intermittent slow downs never let me get to that (though, it was rare for me that I'd hit that wall personally, but I do get them from time to time).

I saw your questions and decided to answer them, but actually came here to note something interesting.

The past two Saturdays (before Christmas and today before New Year's) during my usual play time (about 5:30 to 9:30 am ... uh ... 'Arizona' time ... we don't understand your mysteries of time zones here! ... I think we're an hour later than the west coast right now, so what are we, Mountain right now?) it has been 'flawless'. It will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow, but last Sunday was back to the (new) normal shenanigans.

So I'm wondering, knowing it's the holidays and your workforce there is smaller, are there some new diagnostics, logging, metrics, reporting, maintenance procedures, etc that might have been put in that might have coincided with what we are experiencing and causing the slow downs? Maybe something that isn't running on Saturday mornings, or the past few Saturday mornings?

Update:

1. Correction on 2 (above).
  2. Sunday (12/30) morning during my play time it's back to the problematic ways (after a good morning play session yesterday morning).

Im starting to notice more often that my gold is vanishing into the ether when cancelling buy orders -- I'll either get the my money back 5 seconds later or not at all in some cases.

I have to keep a constant eye on the bean counter when cancelling buy orders just to make sure I get my gold back :( Who do i complain to when my gold is not refunded?

@Dying Oblivion.8296 said:Im starting to notice more often that my gold is vanishing into the ether when cancelling buy orders -- I'll either get the my money back 5 seconds later or not at all in some cases.

I have to keep a constant eye on the bean counter when cancelling buy orders just to make sure I get my gold back :( Who do i complain to when my gold is not refunded?

You can contact the CS Team via the 'Support' link above/below.

Good luck.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@Dying Oblivion.8296 said:Im starting to notice more often that my gold is vanishing into the ether when cancelling buy orders -- I'll either get the my money back 5 seconds later or not at all in some cases.

Good luck.

I'll just leave and go play warframe for 3 months. Maybe they'll have it fixed by then. (I say maybe because its already been almost 4 months and a few big update patches since this thread was created notifying them of the issue. I guess the team were working on the next live story and taking their christmas holidays.)

@Dying Oblivion.8296 said:

Good luck.

I'll just leave and go play warframe for 3 months. Maybe they'll have it fixed by then. (I say maybe because its already been almost 4 months and a few big update patches since this thread was created notifying them of the issue. I guess the team were working on the next live story and taking their christmas holidays.)

And what did the CS Team say?You are aware of the 'official' thread about the issue with the BL Trading Post, yes?

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Good luck.

And what did the CS Team say?You are aware of the 'official' thread about the issue with the BL Trading Post, yes?

I was not aware of an official thread and i didnt contact CS. I mean yes its annoying but whatever small amount i lose is negligible to what i make on TP per day. You might ask why im complaining if it doesnt bother me - its the principle of the matter. If i wanted to play a game that doesnt run very well there are loads of others i could choose from.

Reporting in; TP being sluggish again. This exact thing has happened to me a few times since these reports started appearing in early December, but this time I decided to share.

I attempted to insta-sell item X (in this case a stack of elder wood, for approx. 2s60c-2s70c profit per log), and I just kept hitting confirm transaction as soon as the game picked the highest-paying buyer. As you can see from the screenshot, the first 5 sold normally for the desired price. When I tried insta-selling the rest, however, the TP sort of freezed and got stuck in loading the buyer list, but I already had hit the confirm button again, so my elder wood logs were actually sold for the lowest possible price of 9c/log, instead of selecting the highest-paying buyer. So instead of getting a few gold for my elder wood stack, I ended up netting a total sum of 31s74c.

It's thankfully not a huge loss, but I think this is definitely worth looking into. If I had attempted to insta-sell an expensive item such as an infusion or a legendary, this kind of bug would be devastating. I did not create a support ticket about this, but I can if that helps you guys nail down these problems. Oh, and this happened at approx. 6:30AM EET (UTC+2), in case that's relevant info.

http://i.imgur.com/dKCzfHZ.jpg

I've had it hang for 5-10 seconds when putting in buy orders before I get the confirmation. When doing instant sales, it hangs on the confirmation. I can just close out of the sale window and the sale did already go through. It makes me wonder if there's something wrong on the confirmation side where it says it was a success.

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:I have a few ideas of details that you might share to help QA investigate the issue:Where are you located?

EU, France. North-East

Are you trying to buy, sell, or both?

Happens with both. But take a more considerable time if trying to sell instantly.

Did the situation improve with the 11 December build? If so, in what way. (For example, "buying is easier, but selling is difficult" or "Selling is easier, but I can't seem to put in a buy order at all" or that sort of thing.)

No change. Surely worst. Now, I have sometimes "encountered an error" so item not put in sales.

Would you consider this pretty much resolved, or do you feel there still are issues?

Unresolved. Same as others, started around the sigil/runes update date with those lucent motes addition. But worst now after the last patch for me.

• 2 weeks later...

So besides the typical lag when trying to buy or sell your items. I'm now seeing lag in regards to images loading properly. However I am unsure if this is a problem between the server to my location or something else entirely. I took a screenshot where the images were still trying to load.Pe1shl2.png

I thought maybe it was just my client acting weird. So I restarted my client.. several times even. Just to be greeted with the same loading images each time. I even deleted my gw2cache folders in the temp directory. Still had the same problem.

The images do eventually load given enough time, but what I do know is, the trading post lag started the same time the changes to the runes and sigils were put into place. And also salvage all is a lot slower than it used to be, it seems to briefly pause between items, but this might be related to the trading post in some manner since they probably share the same server hardware?

There is also now a lot of delay in selling items when the quantity is over 100 or more.eg you have a truckload of useless but sellable stuff like mithril ore or low grade wood.Sometimes the sale produces an uninformative error message , and you have to try again, eventually the sale works.

A month old :(

For me, it's no worse than it was before. But it's also been hideously slow since around the week that ANet announced the rune|sigil overhaul. That's a long time to live through delays.

The last time I can remember it being this slow for this many people was in 2012.