Mystery: Analysis of Mister E

De Bourgogne.9642

In recent days I wasted some time investigating personality and possible identity of E. I started playing GW2 a few months ago (mostly PvP) and I didn’t find lore and story of the game to be particularly good or interesting, but I still did read/watch some lore. Reading Marjory’s story I stumbled upon E and became quite interested in him after checking some information on him. There are very limited options to editing on this forum so this thread burns my eyes as well. Please do inform me of possible mistakes, things i missed and share your opinion and ideas. Let’s jump right into it.

General thoughts:

Dev’s have stated that we have already met E in the game and that they themselves know who E is. I think that it is very likely that they don’t know his exact identity and that they will decide on it once they finally reveal his identity, if they do. I would be also pleased with E being someone we haven't met yet, as long as he lives up to the expectations.

About Mister E:

Some people have suggested that E is not one person but a group of 2 (Evon-Ellen duo) or more people. I personally don’t like this idea, since it doesn’t fit E’s image I will represent. That is why I will focus on describing him as a one person.

1. Physique:

We know E is not a necromancer, since Marjory does not detect necromantic powers when she encounters him. Marjory describes his voice as deep and even uses pronoun ‘he’. One of the Dev’s has also used pronoun ‘his’ when talking about E. Because of that we know that he is most likely male and not asura (asuras are not tall enough to hold a knife to grown woman’s throat). But we all know that there is a profession in the game that we all love: Mesmer. That means even female mesmers are eligible for E’s identity, mesmers can change their appearance as an illusion not as physical state (so asuras are still out) and their voice. It makes a lot of sense to make your voice male and deep, on TV they do it when they want to hide someone’s identity. From Marjory’s encounter we know E is gentle and quick, so he himself possesses traits of a good spy/assassin.

1. Personality:

From the way E speaks in his letters and how he acts I would say he is very ruthless, rational and intelligent, possibly a psychopath. He doesn’t really trust anyone unless he has a good reason too. In the first letter he sends you he says that luck is for idiots which he and you are not. In E’s letter to Caudecus he threatens him that he will show him how serious he is if the information he received for Caudecus is wrong. The way he speaks to all his Seraph informants, bosses them around without questions makes me think those Seraph might be brainwashed in E’s basement or under a spell, he certainly has strong control over them.

Some examples:‘Your mission is clear. Find Caudecus. He must be eliminated with prejudice. —E’’ I need you to shadow Logan Thackeray. Stay with him, but don't let him see you. Keep him alive. He still has a role to play. —E’

He doesn’t wants Logan to survive because he would feel anything for him but just because he needs him, a pawn that still has use. He also says to Marjory she will probably never see that necromancer that she was chasing, why? Maybe E will take care of him and his grave. Even though E could be a psychopath he is on our side and schemes for our cause. I would compare him to Lord Varys in A Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thornes books, show is trash now).

1. Political position:

He is most likely situated in Divinity’s Reach. But as seen in one of the letters he is not always in Divinity’s Reach since he says he knows about Siege of Divinity’s Reach and that he is coming there.Let’s look at all his interactions we know about, chronologically:

1. He makes contact with Marjory in Divinity’s Reach.

2. Next is an interesting story that most people don’t know about. It might have happened before meeting Marjory. We encounter his presence in human personal story level 20 if you decided that you are noble who lost parents. At level one human story Centaurs attack Shaemoor with Caudecus removing his ministry guards, effectively making path for centaurs. Confessor Esthel nominates Caudecus second in command of White Mantle. Mantle wants to assassinate you for saving the village (and to send a message that Queen is weak as she can’t even protect her friends). Caudecus sends anonymous letter to E informing him of the plan and reveals identity of White Mantle leader Confessor Esthel. That means Caudecus might knew E's real identity or more likely he only knew about E's influence in Shining Blade as E had no reason to sign the letter with E, which would just give up his identity. This could be first time Caudecus contacted E or he might have done it multiple times without E realizing it is the same person. 'A Friend' sends you mail inviting you to gardens to tell you about your lost parents. There you meet first Lord Faren and then Informant who sent the mail, Informant then attacks you. Next moment Exemplar Mehid and Exemplar Salia of Shinning Blade show up to defend you. Obviously they were informed by E about the assassination plan as he said he will observe if assassination actually happens which might mean E is Lord Faren, but then again it makes more sense that E would send Shining Blade to do that for him. After the fight they tell you about the White Mantle and that they found White Mantle hideout, again information fed by E that he received from Caudecus. In next episode you kill Confessor Esthel and Caudecus becomes new confessor, succeeding in his plot where he played E.

3. He sends us mail where he tells us about the danger to Ship’s Council at Dragon Bash. And says he would interfere but he cannot, probably because he was not in the city at the time and had no one capable enough to trust him this mission in Lion’s Arch, so his influence there is not that strong. After the incident he sends us to Marjory to find the killer.

4. Living world season 2 starts with him sending us mail there is disturbance in Brisban Wildlands.

5. In 4th episode of season 2 he sent a mail to Anise informing her that ‘Minister Estelle was in a bandit gambling parlor when she was supposedly spying on our queen.’ Which leads to successfully discrediting Minister Estelle who was claiming that Queen was friendly with Scarlet.

6. Finally in season 3 episode 4 at Lake Doric you can find 7 of his letters.I think E is not part of Order of the Whispers (Krytan or original) or Order of the Shadows, but he does have agents inside of Order of the Whispers, order might not even know about him. Why? Because Order of the Whispers is a bad organization, it is meant to be anti-elder dragon but they also stick their fingers in other pies, which completely ruins it. For example Shining Blade vs White Mantle, but are anti Elder Dragons, thus they can be in the Order, but Order seems to take sides. It is just that such big spy organizations don’t work and can’t stay secretive. He of course could in the Order himself but not as E but as his real identity. He has strong presence in the Shining Blade and Seraph as he is able to command them around, directly or with manipulation.

Summery:

• Male, non asura or a female Mesmer.
  • Not Necromancer.
  • Ruthless, intelligent, possibly a psychopath (classic spymaster traits), but fights for the ‘good’ cause (Machiavelli).
  • His political influence is centered in Divinity’s Reach where he can make things happen with his influence in Seraph and Shining Blade.
  • He receives information from his spys around all of Kryta.
  • He has agents inside of Order of the Whispers but himself is not a member known as E but maybe as his real identity.
  • He is a royalist that dislikes White Mantle.

E’s identity:

A lot of people seem to think E is E’s initial or are somehow connected to his real name. I don’t really think that is what Dev’s were thinking about when they decided to name him E. I think he is named E for the word play: Mister E = Mystery. I got this idea after listening to a song called

but I saw some other people noticing this interesting fact.

Lord Faren

L + F = E. He is a good candidate. A character that you think is there only for comedic purposes, hitting on all da ladies, being all fashionable, hosting Fanciest cat competition, always being full of himself only to be embarrassed a second later. But he also survives many encounters such a man shouldn’t or just performs well. He is lost alone in a jungle, survives Scarlet, he helps you fight bandits and save some prisoners, he brings grenades with his force he himself trained and inspired in Amnoon to the anti-Joko army. So Lord Faren secretly being this ruthless and skilled spy with publicly displaying this fake persona. Problem is you supposedly know Lord Faren since you were both little and would notice changes in his behavior. His voice also isn’t precisely deep (he could secretly be Mesmer as we don’t know his profession). But he certainly seems to have the motives to be E.

Lady Wi

Lady Wi is a human Mesmer, wife of Minister Wi. She is a member of Order of Whispers and he role is to spy on the Ministry. Very good candidate as her motives seems to correlate with E’s. In one of the letters where E ordering a Seraph to evacuate some woman he could be talking about Vallete Wi who is her daughter. Letter implies Vallete Wi wouldn’t be willing to be evacuated since she at the time was on Caudecus’s side. Despite Lady Wi being present in DR at the start of siege and E not being there at the time she could be using her mesmeric clone through which she can speak and be present. Her being a mesmer really gives her ability to be in multiple locations at once. We meet Lady Wi in our personal story in Lions Arch while she should probably be attending her duties as wife of a minister Wi in DR.

Eive

Is a former Master Exemplar of the Shining Blade who stepped down and was replaced by Anise. This could explain E’s strong connection with Shining Blade. In game you can find this:

"I, Eive, have loved the Shining Blade as my own family, and that will not change. I have responsibilities that may occasionally take me away, and you deserve a leader dedicated to leading you."

So she steps down because she has other responsibilities, but still loves Shining Blade. She realized she can better protect the Queen by going solo spreading her schemes all around Kryta. We don’t know anything else about Eive, she could be a Mesmer. And her name sounds female, but even that is not certain. Problem is we never met her and dev’s said we did meet E, but then again they probably haven’t decided who E is. But there is a medicine for this problem.

Eive = Lady Wi (personal favourite and most likely to be right one)

We only know first names of Master Exemplars and we only know second name of Lady Wi. Considering Lady Wi is a mesmer she would easily leave Shining Blade and live a new life as Lady Wi. Considering E is very ruthless character she might have killed real Lady Wi and take her appearance, but again I don’t think Mesmer illusions are physical, they are just illusions. Evie and Lady Wi could always be the same person living dual life until she could no longer do it and have to leave Shining Blade. Biggest problem is now her name is Evie Wi, which sounds like an epic meme.

Evennia

She was also a Master Exemplar of Shining Blade but has been missing for more than 150 years, reported dead (though validity of the claim is questionable) which means she would die of old age? She also has no role in GW2 and is a Monk by profession, and we all know Monks don’t exist, right?

Evon + Ellen

E+E = E. Idea has been proposed that this duet could be E. I myself see a lot of problems with it. Evon matches E’s personality on ruthless part, but only thing larger than his ego is his wallet. Ellen was a Lionguard commander in charge of the security at Dragon Bash, yet she couldn’t intervene herself? Neither of them have a good reason to do what E does, fight for da Queen.

Queen Jennah

She is a mesmer and definitely has motives to be E. Problem is it would seem very odd for her to speak of Logan as if he is a piece of meat in one of E's letters that we find. Though she could be trying to stay in her ruthless E character not giving away to that random seraph that she has any affection for Logan which is very likely the case. Bigger problem is that she most definitely would be in Divinity's Reach at the start of siege while E isn't, would be very odd for Queen to not be physically in the capital when civil war is going on. Also if she had information that E seems to posses she would be better prepared for most of the events that occur in the story.

Raw information and references regarding E:

Human, noble, dead parents, level 20 story:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Voices_From_the_PastMarjory’s Story:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Marjory%27s_Story:_The_Last_StrawLS1:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dragon_Bash_mailhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hard_BoiledLS2 episode 1:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Disturbance_in_Brisban_WildlandsLS2 episode 4:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Party_PoliticsLS3 episode 4:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/E%27s_CorrespondenceSome of the past discussions:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/496020/#Comment_496020https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/8307/speculations-on-e/p2

• Like 1

@McPero.3287 said:L + F = E. He is a good candidate. A character that you think is there only for comedic purposes, hitting on all da ladies, being all fashionable, hosting Fanciest cat competition, always being full of himself only to be embarrassed a second later. But he also survives many encounters such a man shouldn’t or just performs well. He is lost alone in a jungle, survives Scarlet, he helps you fight bandits and save some prisoners, he brings grenades with his force he himself trained and inspired in Amnoon to the anti-Joko army. So Lord Faren secretly being this ruthless and skilled spy with publicly displaying this fake persona. Problem is you supposedly know Lord Faren since you were both little and would notice changes in his behavior. His voice also isn’t precisely deep (he could secretly be Mesmer as we don’t know his profession). But he certainly seems to have the motives to be E.

I never noticed the L+F... anyway, the deep voice could be a Bruce Wayne / Batman thing.

I would also note, since you pointed out that E got played into helping Caudecus get his position in the White Mantle, that Lord Faren now has Caudecus' position. So, that would be some fitting payback if he happened to take it personally. Also would put the assassination notice in a different light! The fact that Faren was given that title suggests, considering how much trouble someone in that position can obviously cause, that Faren is actually trusted by the queen quite a bit.

@perilisk.1874 said:

@McPero.3287 said:L + F = E. He is a good candidate. A character that you think is there only for comedic purposes, hitting on all da ladies, being all fashionable, hosting Fanciest cat competition, always being full of himself only to be embarrassed a second later. But he also survives many encounters such a man shouldn’t or just performs well. He is lost alone in a jungle, survives Scarlet, he helps you fight bandits and save some prisoners, he brings grenades with his force he himself trained and inspired in Amnoon to the anti-Joko army. So Lord Faren secretly being this ruthless and skilled spy with publicly displaying this fake persona. Problem is you supposedly know Lord Faren since you were both little and would notice changes in his behavior. His voice also isn’t precisely deep (he could secretly be Mesmer as we don’t know his profession). But he certainly seems to have the motives to be E.

I never noticed the L+F... anyway, the deep voice could be a Bruce Wayne / Batman thing.

I would also note, since you pointed out that E got played into helping Caudecus get his position in the White Mantle, that Lord Faren now has Caudecus' position. So, that would be some fitting payback if he happened to take it personally. Also would put the assassination notice in a different light! The fact that Faren was given that title suggests, considering how much trouble someone in that position can obviously cause, that Faren is actually trusted by the queen quite a bit.

Lord Faren was given Shire of Beetletun but the most important title, Legate Minister was given to Minister Wi, husband of lady Wi, so there is that.

@CETheLucid.3964 said:Wasn't it established that most of Mister E's correspondence during the attack on DR was Kasmeer and the rest of it was probably our herald, Lady Camilla?

I know nothing about that. I think there is a reason that makes it impossible for Kasmeer to be E, but I forgot it. Not to mention Kasmeer and Lady Camilla do not fit E's persona and would be very disappointing.

@McPero.3287 said:

Lord Faren was given Shire of Beetletun but the most important title, Legate Minister was given to Minister Wi, husband of lady Wi, so there is that.

So... could go either way. Is there any reason Minister Wi isn't a candidate himself? It would allow him to maintain a certain amount of independence from the Whispers, since he isn't technically a member.

But balance of probabilities (especially hearing writers talk about Faren and how they wanted to develop his character) suggests it's more likely to be Lady Wi than Faren. And I think you're right about E's second letter -- even though on the surface it seems like it is referring to the queen, Valette Wi could be the actual subject.

Re-reading the letters, I also noted that Lady Wi was the cousin of Caudecus's wife (ie, the one he had murdered); I had forgotten about that and was thinking for some reason their feud started with Demmi's defection.

So, there was some serious beef between them for a very long time, which definitely comes across in both sets of letters. Definitely leaning toward Lady Wi as E.

@McPero.3287 said:

@CETheLucid.3964 said:Wasn't it established that most of Mister E's correspondence during the attack on DR was Kasmeer and the rest of it was probably our herald, Lady Camilla?

I know nothing about that. I think there is a reason that makes it impossible for Kasmeer to be E, but I forgot it. Not to mention Kasmeer and Lady Camilla do not fit E's persona and would be very disappointing.

It could also be that the E Marjory initially came into contact with and the E of later contacts are different people. Maybe an OoW's operation for DR's delicate political situations and the PC got caught up in it as a big mover and shaker of things? I dunno.

It's just something I recall from one of the Guild Chat's. I might have the minutiae wrong or be misremembering entirely. I'm not challenging your theories.

I only noticed the Eive thing recently (or else I had forgotten about it), and it sounds pretty likely to me (although potentially anticlimactic since we don't know anything else about them). It stands out to me because of the nature of that scroll. They could have had a list of past leaders and just make up some names that may or may not end up being relevant without giving us a retirement scroll. Even with the scroll, if it was just world-building, it could easily have just said something like "I'm getting too old for this, it's time for me to pass the torch." Instead, we have someone who explicitly admits that they're still active, they just can't always be around, and yet we've never run into them as far as we know. Also, 'responsibilities that occasionally take them away' is the sort of way E talks, especially when they send us to do something they aren't there for. As you said, this would also explain E's implied connection to the Shining Blade and protection of the Queen.

@perilisk.1874 said:

So... could go either way. Is there any reason Minister Wi isn't a candidate himself? It would allow him to maintain a certain amount of independence from the Whispers, since he isn't technically a member.

But balance of probabilities (especially hearing writers talk about Faren and how they wanted to develop his character) suggests it's more likely to be Lady Wi than Faren. And I think you're right about E's second letter -- even though on the surface it seems like it is referring to the queen, Valette Wi could be the actual subject.

Minister Wi could certainly be E, but I think that he just wasn't as involved in the story as Lady Wi. Also why would Minister E not be in DR when it was being sieged, well same would go for Lady Wi but since shes a mesmer she could keep an illusion in DR and she has much less responsibilities to attend. Also Lady Wi in the Order of Whispers and says her husband doesn't know about, of course Minister Wi could know and be E.

E's identity is probably known to certain members of the Shining Blade and Seraph, at least to the point that they know E is a person of authority on their side. It's reasonable to assume that E's identity is probably also one of the secrets protected by the Shining Blade's magical oath.

E being Eive makes sense if you follow the letter E itself. But so far as we know, we've never met Eive, and ANet has said we've met E already.

E = Eive = Lady Wi is a great theory. After all, Lady Wi is a mesmer and a Whispers agent (which her husband doesn't know). But the theory breaks down to me at one particular point -- so far as I can recall, we've never seen Lady Wi anywhere but as a secondary character at her husband's side. She strikes me as more of a passive agent, rather than the assertive, getting about kind of person that E seems to be.

I don't think Faren is E. He's too much in the spotlight with not enough free time. I think Faren is exactly what he appears to be -- a comedic take on the gentleman adventurer of pulp fiction.

I also am virtually certain E is NOT Kasmeer, so rest easy on that.

1. Kas and Marjory are too close; Marjory would probably spot Kas in an instant even through a disguise, and I don't think Kas has the constitution to hold a knife to Marjory's throat even as a joke.
  2. Politically, Kasmeer only relatively recently returned to graces with the Krytan nobility, whereas E seems to have always been at least in a position of knowledge.
  3. Kasmeer's personality, while emotionally weak, is strongly defined within itself and doesn't fit E at all.
  4. Kasmeer has had contact with E, implying they are not the same person.

Anise is the present acknowledged leader of the Shining Blade and certainly has all kinds of hidden things going on. But she is definitely not E, because she was contacted by E, once again implying they are separate people.

Who E is...

Someone close enough to court matters that he had almost immediate knowledge of Logan's breakup with Jennah. As implied by the "Logan still has a role to play" letter, which appears only shortly after we learn of the situation ourselves in Ep 4.

@"Jimbru.6014" said:E's identity is probably known to certain members of the Shining Blade and Seraph, at least to the point that they know E is a person of authority on their side. It's reasonable to assume that E's identity is probably also one of the secrets protected by the Shining Blade's magical oath.

E being Eive makes sense if you follow the letter E itself. But so far as we know, we've never met Eive, and ANet has said we've met E already.

E = Eive = Lady Wi is a great theory. After all, Lady Wi is a mesmer and a Whispers agent (which her husband doesn't know). But the theory breaks down to me at one particular point -- so far as I can recall, we've never seen Lady Wi anywhere but as a secondary character at her husband's side. She strikes me as more of a passive agent, rather than the assertive, getting about kind of person that E seems to be.

I don't think Faren is E. He's too much in the spotlight with not enough free time. I think Faren is exactly what he appears to be -- a comedic take on the gentleman adventurer of pulp fiction.

I also am virtually certain E is NOT Kasmeer, so rest easy on that.

1. Kas and Marjory are too close; Marjory would probably spot Kas in an instant even through a disguise, and I don't think Kas has the constitution to hold a knife to Marjory's throat even as a joke.
  2. Politically, Kasmeer only relatively recently returned to graces with the Krytan nobility, whereas E seems to have always been at least in a position of knowledge.
  3. Kasmeer's personality, while emotionally weak, is strongly defined within itself and doesn't fit E at all.
  4. Kasmeer has had contact with E, implying they are not the same person.

Anise is the present acknowledged leader of the Shining Blade and certainly has all kinds of hidden things going on. But she is definitely not E, because she was contacted by E, once again implying they are separate people.

Who E is...

Someone close enough to court matters that he had almost immediate knowledge of Logan's breakup with Jennah. As implied by the "Logan still has a role to play" letter, which appears only shortly after we learn of the situation ourselves in Ep 4.

Considering no one that we know fits E's personality that person has to be hiding it, so for me Evie=Wi option is still the strongest.And yes thanks for reminding me, E sends a letter to Kasmeer that he needs her at the court since she can detect lies. Even though that message doesn't gets to her next one has to since in next episode she is at court helping interrogating ministry to find traitors. So E sending message to himself? And other points are quite good as well.E message to Anise is more questionable, Anise could say she got message from E to lower suspicion that she is E. But does anyone really suspect her in the story? She has no reason to say that, she can easily say Shining Blade informed her of what E sent her. So if she isn't lying here makes it sounds like this is the first time Anise heard about E, which would mean E has Shining Blade that are so loyal to him that they lie to Anise.

This pattern, always giving orders, always on top of everything, and receiving reports, speaking as one who sees the "big picture of everything", looks like Jennah itself. who for some reason does not want to introduce herself as the Queen.

If Divinity's Reach falls, Kryta falls. And if Kryta falls, humanity falls. Do not fail us. Your mission is clear. Find Caudecus. He must be eliminated with prejudice. —E

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/E%27s_Correspondence

@ugrakarma.9416 said:the real mystery atm is her absence since .. LS3 or LS2?

LS3. It really wouldn't make sense for him to be interested in Balthazar, maybe he knew killing Balthazar is not a good idea ...

@ugrakarma.9416 said:This pattern, always giving orders, always on top of everything, and receiving reports, speaking as one who sees the "big picture of everything", looks like Jennah itself. who for some reason does not want to introduce herself as the Queen.

If Divinity's Reach falls, Kryta falls. And if Kryta falls, humanity falls. Do not fail us.
Your mission is clear. Find Caudecus. He must be eliminated with prejudice
. —E

Queen Jennah to say this: 'I need you to shadow Logan Thackeray. Stay with him, but don't let him see you. Keep him alive. He still has a role to play. —E'Unlikely, she might have some beef with him but she still wouldn't be so rough.

I note that Eive retired in 1320, the same year Glint was killed. I wonder if that's a coincidence, or if the responsibilities she mentions have something to do with the fight against the Elder Dragons -- maybe she also had some connection to or leadership role in the Zephyrites or the Brotherhood?

That's interesting. That would actually tie into a theory I have about the events of Edge of Destiny and E (and Kralkatorrik), but I'm hesitant to post it here because I don't really have any evidence and it's fairly "tin foil hat". To give a brief and vague version, that E is Eive and the reason they retired but still get involved is because they were given reason to believe there might be a traitor (one that didn't reveal themselves at Lake Doric as E hoped) and wanted to investigate things from a distance to prevent that traitor from influencing said investigation.

I do kinda want E to be Lord Faren, but the reasoning could apply to other characters. Mostly, I just want it to be someone that makes us look at them in a whole new and interesting light. A lot of these other possibilities like Eive or Wi aren't characters we really know enough for it to matter if they're E from a dramatic standpoint (although my aforementioned theory offsets this by making us see another character in a new light).

E is neither Evon nor Ellen Kiel. Their loyalties are to Lion's Arch, money, themselves, and to some extent each other, and they have their hands full in their present positions. Ellen is busy with affairs (both business and romantic) in Elona. Evon has all the subtlety of an angry Jotun at a fancy dress ball. And neither has any visible interest or connection to events in Kryta except to keep the trade routes open. So scratch them off the list.

To repeat my earlier point for emphasis: E is somebody close enough to Jennah and court affairs that he knew about Logan's breakup with Jennah even before Logan did. Otherwise there's no way E could send that "protect Logan" letter, because if you play the episode straight through, literally only a few minutes of actual playing time pass between when Logan returns and when we find that letter -- in game time, probably only a matter of hours to a few days at most, between when Logan appears and when he's out there fighting the White Mantle with that letter laying nearby. And Logan himself seems to not find out about the breakup until later in the episode.

The inescapable conclusion -- that E knew about the breakup before Logan -- strongly implies that E is either Jennah herself, or someone within Jennah's personal confidence. Perhaps both. In fact, maybe "E" is just Jennah's secret personal network for doing things she can't do even through the Shining Blade. It's just a thought...

In fact, it now occurs to me: that letter was laying out in the open near Logan. The letter says "He still has a role to play" and Logan himself later mentions "understanding my role here". The similarity of "role" is striking. Could be a coincidence, but I don't trust coincidences. Could be that Logan had seen the letter himself, and it tipped him off about his real situation? Again, just a thought.

Oh, and I still want to know what's up with that portrait of Logan in Caudecus' manor. My personal "Captain America is HYDRA" theory about Logan secretly being White Mantle is fun speculation, but probably not true, and I'd give my teeth to know the real story.

So, just to toss another name into the mix: what about Eive = E = Livia? (Maybe the name is homage to Eve, though that's a stretch).

Clearly she knows the job, and has no trouble working there under a pseudonym. She also isn't afraid to go out into the field and get her hands dirty. As a Hero from EOTN, she was possibly connected with Ogden, which could support a connection to Glint and the Brotherhood/Zephyrites. She would also have been connected with Logan's ancestors, for whatever that is worth.

Also, compare:"Why do I fight so hard for Kryta? You might as well question why I breathe. If I stop breathing, I'll die. If I stop fighting my enemies, my world will die."

with

"If Divinity's Reach falls, Kryta falls. And if Kryta falls, humanity falls. Do not fail us."

There's a certain similarity of tone and attitude.

So, what's the evidence against? Well, other than Marjory claiming it didn't seem like a necromancer...

@Jimbru.6014 said:E is neither Evon nor Ellen Kiel. Their loyalties are to Lion's Arch, money, themselves, and to some extent each other, and they have their hands full in their present positions. Ellen is busy with affairs (both business and romantic) in Elona. Evon has all the subtlety of an angry Jotun at a fancy dress ball. And neither has any visible interest or connection to events in Kryta except to keep the trade routes open. So scratch them off the list.

I don't think they are either but they are on the list since I saw people sugesting them, so they are on the list mostly to show why they probably aren't E.

@Jimbru.6014 said:To repeat my earlier point for emphasis: E is somebody close enough to Jennah and court affairs that he knew about Logan's breakup with Jennah even before Logan did. Otherwise there's no way E could send that "protect Logan" letter, because if you play the episode straight through, literally only a few minutes of actual playing time pass between when Logan returns and when we find that letter -- in game time, probably only a matter of hours to a few days at most, between when Logan appears and when he's out there fighting the White Mantle with that letter laying nearby. And Logan himself seems to not find out about the breakup until later in the episode.

The inescapable conclusion -- that E knew about the breakup before Logan -- strongly implies that E is either Jennah herself, or someone within Jennah's personal confidence. Perhaps both. In fact, maybe "E" is just Jennah's secret personal network for doing things she can't do even through the Shining Blade. It's just a thought...

In fact, it now occurs to me: that letter was laying out in the open near Logan. The letter says "He still has a role to play" and Logan himself later mentions "understanding my role here". The similarity of "role" is striking. Could be a coincidence, but I don't trust coincidences. Could be that Logan had seen the letter himself, and it tipped him off about his real situation? Again, just a thought.

Oh, and I still want to know what's up with that portrait of Logan in Caudecus' manor. My personal "Captain America is HYDRA" theory about Logan secretly being White Mantle is fun speculation, but probably not true, and I'd give my teeth to know the real story.

I'm not saying Jennah being E is impossible, but its highly unlikely. Like I pointed out with Minister Wi, lady Jennah has daily duties to attend in Divinity's Reach, and we know E is not always there. If Jennah was E (had his ruthlesness and his intelligence) she would have demolished all the opposition and ruled with absolute power by now. Jennah might break up with Logan but she would still have feelings for him, if not love at least respect and wouldn't refere to him as if he's a piece of meat. Logan using word role isn't suprising either, he is known to be honourable and loyal man who takes things seriously and professionaly. E sending a letter to protect Logan doesn't mean he knew about the break up, Logan is a capable commander and a fighter, of course he is still needed to win the war against the White Mantle.

@"perilisk.1874" said:So, just to toss another name into the mix: what about Eive = E = Livia? (Maybe the name is homage to Eve, though that's a stretch).

Clearly she knows the job, and has no trouble working there under a pseudonym. She also isn't afraid to go out into the field and get her hands dirty. As a Hero from EOTN, she was possibly connected with Ogden, which could support a connection to Glint and the Brotherhood/Zephyrites. She would also have been connected with Logan's ancestors, for whatever that is worth.

Also, compare:"Why do I fight so hard for Kryta? You might as well question why I breathe. If I stop breathing, I'll die. If I stop fighting my enemies, my world will die."

with

"If Divinity's Reach falls, Kryta falls. And if Kryta falls, humanity falls. Do not fail us."

There's a certain similarity of tone and attitude.

So, what's the evidence against? Well, other than Marjory claiming it didn't seem like a necromancer...

I think Livia being a necromancer is quite a strong evidence against it. Marjory feels no necromantic powers so there is non, while we know Livia has been using scepter of Orr to prolongue her life and is a necromancer. She has been going between searching for Lazarus and helping at DR so that would fit E's movements of being in and out of DR.

@Jimbru.6014 said:Yeah, Livia is probably one of the most powerful necros in the world just by sheer length of life and experience. Marjory would have picked up on her blocks away. So E isn't Livia.

Unless she's so powerful that she learned how to mask her power so that people can't easily detect her from blocks away by her power signature. I mean, it would be inconvenient for a guerilla fighter to be so easily sensed.

Technically, we don't know if Marjory just meant that her attacker wasn't summoning necromantic power to use against her at that moment (while holding a knife to her throat), as she had done to the other Ministry guard earlier in the story. Maybe she wouldn't sense latent ability, only ability in use or recently used.

@perilisk.1874 said:

@Jimbru.6014 said:Yeah, Livia is probably one of the most powerful necros in the world just by sheer length of life and experience. Marjory would have picked up on her blocks away. So E isn't Livia.

Unless she's so powerful that she learned how to mask her power so that people can't easily detect her from blocks away by her power signature. I mean, it would be inconvenient for a guerilla fighter to be so easily sensed.

Technically, we don't know if Marjory just meant that her attacker wasn't summoning necromantic power to use against her at that moment (while holding a knife to her throat), as she had done to the other Ministry guard earlier in the story. Maybe she wouldn't sense latent ability, only ability in use or recently used.

That is something a mesmer could maybe do, but I don't think that is how magic works in Tyria. I mean it could be, but far more rational thought is she can't be since she is a necromancer.Marjory specifically states that she felt no necromantic power so that we know that it isn't same person as the guy she was hunting who was a necromancer, thats pretty obvious.