Chasing Tales Issues [Merged]

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely nothing is fixed concering dragonblood rifle collection.Just crafted exotic version today and opened the collection after.Still same bug -Chasing Tales: Preemptive Strike still rewards Chasing Tales:Deadly Accuracy .This is after patch fixes supposedly fixing the problem.Send bug report of course.The very least Anet should do is simply put the bugged items for focus(which is still also bugged) and rifle in second tab of forge NPC and let us buy them from there.Will try now workaround posted from one of posters above-doing Preemptive Strike last and see if it works.Even if it works all collections bugs should be fixed -it is not just rifle and focus.Just a while someone in map chat has said-axe collection(the one with less than 10% health) simply not registering despite his tries.P.S.Well cant even try that-Chasing Tales:Deadly Accuracy (kill 30 enemies with rifle) is also bugged.Kill count is beyond buggy-killed much more than 30 enemies during south meta,couple cicrles small branded devourers and oil elementals outside Deldrimor Ruins area,switched to another character and killed more than 30 enemies with him with no success.So yes absolutely nothing have been fixed about dragonblood rifle collection-nothing at all.

Another (simple?) solution-Anet should put the bugged focus item(together with bugged rifle item and any other bugged items for dragonblood weapons collections) at second tab of forge NPC and let us buy them from there.Or do something else-just let us finish the collection at last.After all we are already in third week after the patch and all affected players still cannot finish bugged dragonblood focus collection(and other bugged ones).It is not really solution for all affected players to contact customer support in order to be able to finish bugged collections.

@Rhein.8197 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:That doesn't seem to make sense, from their perspective. It would just be horribly inefficient for them to leave it to CS to go through and individually fix each account. But either way it's not really time sensitive. I try really hard to avoid sending tickets so I can wait until it is clear that is the only recourse . . .

Well yes, that's my point. It's kind of unbelievable they rolled out a patch knowing all the players who had the deeds complete already still wouldn't be able to finish the collection. But they did.

Well it wasn't entirely useless either, in that it prevents further damage at least. Now there are a finite number of accounts that are affected, and though that number is probably fairly large at least it won't be increasing moving forward. So they've fixed the initial problem, now they just have to do the cleanup . . .

I'd be more frustrated if this prevented completion of the collection or something like that, but it just prevents crafting the asc focus so it's not a huge deal to me. It's mostly just annoying to have the unfinished cheeve hanging out there . . .

I agree with you, except that ANet has needlessly stayed silent and dodged commenting on this.

To be fair Gaile did pop in and ask if the fix resolved the issue, which is more of a response that this sort of thing typically receives. Presumably the information that it hasn't been fixed for ppl who had already completed the collection has been passed along and they're now deciding what to do or how to fix it. And maybe they'll come back and tell us about it, or maybe not. It may just show up in a patch, or not. I agree I'd like for anet to engage its players more aggressively when issues develop but for whatever reason they tend to be very restrained with their communications. It's frustrating to just wait it out without actually knowing, but by anet's standards the level of communication we've received on this issue is actually pretty substantial . . .

Yep, there seem to be hidden qualifiers. Unfortunately the tracking of these mini-collections is invisible to players, so it is really hard to analyse what is going on, but I have seen speculations about interfering sigils or off-hand weapons (or sigils on off-hand weapons) or a time limit that is only a couple of seconds instead of minutes. In the meantime I have got it by accident with my mirage during the north meta, but I could not for the life of me get it on my necro.

@Moi.5013 said:Well I think that they wanted the screen shots so I could prove I did it before they fix it on my account but it seems to me if they are going to do that for everyone that has it bugged that's going to be a lot of tickets to look at....

i think i still have screenshot before the update from 01/13/2017also we still have lost items skritte in LA to retake our lost item

@banshee.9328 said:Anet please, just undo/revoke Torrent of Magic achievement for us so we could redo it.

According to gw2efficiency more than 500 players are affected by this bug. (576 accounts have Torrent of Magic done while only 39 have finished Asaliea the Channeler)

no, they just need someone with basic database skills do the right thing. Which isn't that hard. SELECT FROM WHERE UPDATE. Boy, that must be really difficult.

If this would be a gemstore item clipping on charr with a certain horn variant, it would have been fixed already.

here is Anets response to my ticket

Thank you for contacting Guild Wars 2 Support regarding the "Chasing Tales: Asaliea the Channeler" achievement. We sincerely appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Currently, we are aware of this issue and are going to continue investigating. Unfortunately, we currently do not have an ETA on a solution. The issue will be updated on our "Known Issue Tracker" which you can find here: https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/231272908-Known-Issue-Tracker. Don;t worry about it saying it's solved already that was for a different issue than you have currently. Any updates will be provided on that page so keep checking in for any new information!

so a fix is in progress

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Moi.5013 said:Well I think that they wanted the screen shots so I could prove I did it before they fix it on my account but it seems to me if they are going to do that for everyone that has it bugged that's going to be a lot of tickets to look at....

Did they end up fixing it for you?not yet but see my above post. they have been very responsive in a timely manner to my support ticket regarding this issue which I appreciate. It looks like a fix is being worked on and it will roll out in a patch when they have it working.

I've got this bug too. I got the achievement for killing 10 enemies without being hit first, and now I can't seem to get the one for killing 30 enemies, no matter how many I kill.

I just used Deadeye in Thunderhead Keep, killing spiders, using Rifle only and no other skills, killed 55 in a row without being hit (checked in the combat log), and still don't have the achievement "Chasing Tales: Deadly Accuracy". I do have "Chasing Tales: Preemptive Strike" and "Chasing Tales: Cruelest Efficiency" already, and can't progress "Chasing Tales: Baverne the Hunter" due to this.

I have it as well like many others because "Chasing Tales: Preemptive Strike" gave the item for "Chasing Tales: Deadly Accuracy". Therefore "Chasing Tales: Deadly Accuracy" cannot be completed no matter how many kills you make now with a rifle.

The latest patch just fixed the Focus issue, which was the same, but this Rifle one hasn't been fixed!!