Chasing Tales Issues [Merged]

@Locce.8405 said:Yep, there seem to be hidden qualifiers. Unfortunately the tracking of these mini-collections is invisible to players, so it is really hard to analyse what is going on, but I have seen speculations about interfering sigils or off-hand weapons (or sigils on off-hand weapons) or a time limit that is only a couple of seconds instead of minutes. In the meantime I have got it by accident with my mirage during the north meta, but I could not for the life of me get it on my necro.

The requirements doesn't specify a need to do the kills with any particular weapon. The fact that it is doable in reaper shroud also supposes this since that is actually a hammer as is the raptor's engage skill.

The time limit might be an issue. Apparently in German(maybe one of the other languages) it actually says seconds. The lower time limit does make a bit more sense as well when considering the thematic elements. 5 minutes is a very long time to do some kills when it is supposed to be someone on the last thread of their life.

Edit: Saw someone with a similar problem in game. Not sure what class they were using but after mentioning the 5 second thing to them they got it pretty quickly afterwards.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tried the Deadly Accuracy achieve many times, even again today, killed >50 spiders each time, tried during metas, and cannot get achieve to complete. Both other achieves for rifle are done. In my opinion, its not quite the same as the focus issue. For focus, i got all 3 sub-achieves completed, but since reward for one achieve wasn't correct, the main achieve for focus didn't show complete (which they fixed by allowing those who got achieve to get reward item from vendor). Here, for rifle, you can't seem to get credit for kills to complete achieve.

Yes same DeadMeat, have tried everyday for the past 10 or so days killing Branded, unbranded, in Metas and individually, with Warrior, Engi and Thief etc. Just will not complete.Hopefully some Dev has been given this task to try and unravel why it is not working. In the meantime, I'll just try again after every patch in the hope it gets fixed.

@Snakerider.2945 said:

@Gaesesagai.9421 said:So the latest patch didn't address the rifle? Hmm. I'll try to give it another go and do a meta with a rifle and see if the Deadly Accuracy achievement triggers.

I tried after the patch and it didn't trigger.

Well it was a bit of a shot in the dark to assume it got fixed with the most recent update. Hopefully they have the bug in their crosshairs as they were a bit off target on getting it fixed with the previous update.

Like a Wounded:kill 5 enemies at <10% health within 5 minutes.I have a timer, and I have always made sure to be below the 10% mark, and i'm even using the axe.It's just not registering.

Kill 4 enemies within 20 seconds of each other.I've had times where I killed over 10 enemies within 20 seconds of each other.it's just not registering.

anyone else got it working?

(inb4, yes I am in the right map, and I am using the axe)

• ArenaNet Staff

Did last night's build help this situation? Update note here.

After reading through the thread, I can anticipate that the build did not correct all the reported issues. I've reached out to the dev team to ask if someone would be able to take a look. This being late Friday afternoon, I imagine that can't happen until Monday, at the earliest, so we thank you for your patience and the details you're providing!

@"Khisanth.2948" said:The time limit might be an issue. Apparently in German(maybe one of the other languages) it actually says seconds. The lower time limit does make a bit more sense as well when considering the thematic elements. 5 minutes is a very long time to do some kills when it is supposed to be someone on the last thread of their life.

I just checked and it definitely says "5 minutes" in English, German, French and Spanish. That said, I think the time limit might nonetheless actually be the culprit. I could not get it done on my necro as I did several groups of four within a couple of minutes - which would not suffice if the time limit was actually only a couple of seconds - but the other day I got the achievement by accident during north meta on my mirage when my health dipped low for a couple of seconds.

@Locce.8405 said:

@"Khisanth.2948" said:The time limit might be an issue. Apparently in German(maybe one of the other languages) it actually says seconds. The lower time limit does make a bit more sense as well when considering the thematic elements. 5 minutes is a very long time to do some kills when it is supposed to be someone on the last thread of their life.

I just checked and it definitely says "5 minutes" in English, German, French and Spanish. That said, I think the time limit might nonetheless actually be the culprit. I could not get it done on my necro as I did several groups of four within a couple of minutes - which would not suffice if the time limit was actually only a couple of seconds - but the other day I got the achievement by accident during north meta on my mirage when my health dipped low for a couple of seconds.

Groups of four?

I am also having a problem with the axe but have not spent a lot of time on it, i am sure i have many kills within a 5 min period at less than 10% health, even kill about 6 in 10 seconds at 86 health, but one post i read somewhere indicated it could be bugged and you have to get the 5 kills within 5 seconds not minutes.

I have completed all but rifle now and have not tried that due to the bug reports. For Wounded beast I used dual axes on a warrior and went to the spider area where the veteran and babies are, Let them hit me until I was at about 900 hp, used axe 5 and the achievement popped right away. Focus was bugged for me on the first day so I bought the item from the forgemaster to complete that after the patch. All other weapons were pretty easy to complete.

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:Did last night's build help this situation? Update note here.[...]

Confirmed still not fixed for the rifle. I tested again just now, 15:50 GMT 26/01/2019, game build #94892. I killed 40 enemies in Thunderhead Peaks with only rifle, on a deadeye. Then another 40, on engineer. Then another 40, on Warrior. I still do not have "Chasing Tales: Deadly Accuracy" awarded.

I didn't try axe until today. Failed to get Wounded Beast on fb or rev, though I am not certain I ever met the requirements on either so no shock there. Got it on dual axe war first try, at the vet spider with four hatchlings as others have reported . . .

The interesting bit is I did not get the 4 in 20 sec cheeve until I killed the vet spider, which was several seconds after the four hatchlings died at the beginning of the fight with the vet. I had also run through both metas on axe fb and had been trying Wounded Beast on fb and rev for maybe an hour or so without ever triggering the 4 in 20 cheeve, which triggered simultaneously with Wounded Beast instead . . .

EDIT: To be clear I was able to get all the cheeves on axe, I just thought the bit about the 4 in 20sec cheeve not triggering until I got Wounded Beast might be helpful so I decided to share :)

I did get the 4 in 20 seconds before wounded beast on those same spiders then when they respawned I let them get my health down and got the wounded beast one separately but as some had said maybe the time is off from what it says because I killed all of them within a few seconds to get wounded beast. Perhaps the devs can check to make sure the achievement is indeed allowing 5 minutes and not bugged or improperly coded to be 20 seconds like the other one?

Eddited to add: Is anyone getting rifle to work and if so how did you do it? ty!

I got rifle with no issues. Looking at it afterwards I thought it might have to do with the sequence you get the cheeves in. I did 'kill ten without taking damage' last, but I think most ppl prolly get that one on the way to killing 30 or 60 overall or w/e it is. When you get the the ten kills with no damage cheeve first I think it may block progress to the overall kills cheeve by awarding the same item, similar to how focus was bugged . . .

@Gop.8713 said:I got rifle with no issues. Looking at it afterwards I thought it might have to do with the sequence you get the cheeves in. I did 'kill ten without taking damage' last, but I think most ppl prolly get that one on the way to killing 30 or 60 overall or w/e it is. When you get the the ten kills with no damage cheeve first I think it may block progress to the overall kills cheeve by awarding the same item, similar to how focus was bugged . . .

I will test further but I think the main issue if the Deadly Accuracy item is actually not the culprit (as in Focus collection) due to being in 2 achievements is that having people kill 30 things (in an unspecified time limit) without achieving 10 kills unscathed is unlikely in a meta.

I don't think most people will get hit while wielding a 1200 range rifle unless they stand in AOE, so it is probably reason that the quest is bugged. In order to be hit with rifle you have to be soloing and not doing the meta (where all the trash mobs die more or less instantly due to the sheer amount of players).

So yes I feel I can confirm that it seems to be a matter of doing them in a specific order. I just got all 3 deed achievements. I unlocked it just today, went to the spider cave with my DE. I let the spiders hit me a couple times and then used only skill 2 and 3 to kill so not inflicting vuln. Got my 30 kills then killed a few with skill one for the cruelest efficiency making sure I took damage from them again, then killed fish for the one to not take damage. Achievement finished! Hopefully this info will help them to fix it :)

I just finished the rifle too, make sure you get the 30 kills first and it works fine :) Must be related to the miss-named reward from Preemptive Strike.

I killed the Branded Dredge to the south on my thief, you can't help but take damage there lol. Just make sure you DON'T do it while the Oil Meta is on.

Hopefully the Dev's will fix this soon as my wife is currently unable to complete it and she's killed so many mobs trying it's not funny :'(