TTeku Nuhoch Event broken (3 years)

It could be a bug that is very difficult to duplicate or it only recently became bugged. I’ve done the event chain numerous times since HoT launched and have never seen it bug.

Also, bugs don’t occur in isolation. Just because there’s a bug in a specific expansion doesn’t mean that it was always there. So chances are the 3.5 years could be misleading.

@"Ayrilana.1396" said:It could be a bug that is very difficult to duplicate or it only recently became bugged. I’ve done the event chain numerous times since HoT launched and have never seen it bug.

Also, bugs don’t occur in isolation. Just because there’s a bug in a specific expansion doesn’t mean that it was always there. So chances are the 3.5 years could be misleading.

look at this:https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Outpost-Teku-Nuhoch-broken

ok , miscalculated time , its 3 years but still , not justified and its pisses me off.

Sometimes, the fix would break more content.Sometimes, the bug can not be reproduced in-studio; if it can not be reproduced, it can not be fixed.Sometimes, since the stalled event will always be reset after a patch, it is not worth the resources to fix, especially if it leads to other minor bugs.Sometimes, the bug only affects a small minority of players (and, again, can not be reproduced reliably).

These are some of the reasons a 'bug' may seem to occur often.

Do try the event immediately after a patch, before it has a chance to stall again.

Good luck.

Already they are in trouble to fix the bugs of the very last episodeso the older bug on a past extension,I do not even talk about how it should be at the bottom of an atronomically long list.

What? I heard "It would be time to hire at Anet" ...Yes finally me too before I had hope but it seems to be bug now

I still get shivers thinking how long it took Ogre Wars to get looked at, still can be buggy to this day, but thankfully not on the scale it used to.Wonder how long it will take for the Chasing Tales bugs to get sorted or the purple room plate drop fiasco to get remedied properly.At least though we do get TP and gemstore bugs fixed pretty promptly

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Sometimes, the fix would break more content.Sometimes, the bug can not be reproduced in-studio; if it can not be reproduced, it can not be fixed.Sometimes, since the stalled event will always be reset after a patch, it is not worth the resources to fix, especially if it leads to other minor bugs.Sometimes, the bug only affects a small minority of players (and, again, can not be reproduced reliably).

These are some of the reasons a 'bug' may seem to occur often.

Do try the event immediately after a patch, before it has a chance to stall again.

Good luck.

All of the above plus, sometimes the bug is isolated to a specific IP address. Type /ip into chat and make note of the IP when you submit a ticket. It helps them isolate the problem faster. Good luck!

Lots of times people claim a bug when it's just some weird mechanic that isn't well understood. Sometimes people claim a bug when it's a momentary issue, specific to one instance. Sometimes it's something that is broken, gets fixed, breaks in a different way later (with a different root cause).

In short, even if it's the case that there is a bug today and there was one 3 years ago, it's not certain that it's the same one or even the same reason.

And even if it's the same bug, there are all sorts of reasons ANet might not fix it, including all the ones above.

Generally speaking, a business asks, "is it a good use of our limited time to fix this" rather than "why shouldn't we fix every bug that we see." If 99.999% of players aren't blocked by an issue, if it can be worked around, then maybe it's not the bug they should work on next.

• ArenaNet Staff

Soooo... there actually have been TWO bugs about this, at various times. Poor Nuhoch!

About those bugs:

1. One was fixed a few years back -- so when someone points to something being 3 years old they're probably looking at that old, smited bug. I certainly hope so! :)
  2. The other bug fix was corrected with the 1/22 release.

I'm thinking that with the most recent post here being dated before the 1/22 release, we might be all good on these two.

Could you please update this thread if there are continued issues with this?

If it's the raise the larva one, I've done that one successfully a couple of times between Xmas and the 22/1 patch. It's incredibly frustrating if you're trying to solo it, as you get overwhelmed by the chak. It would be great if this event would scale down.Bugs with bugs. Now that's meta.

• 1 year later...