Which Elder Dragon do you want to focus on most after Kralkatorrik?

Cyrin.1035

I sincerely want an underwater expansion full of water-only zones. I :heart: the way GW2 does underwater, by far the best implementation of any MMORPG I've played. So I'd be stoked for exploring that as a big deal. Plus the massively reduced design space of underwater weapons and skills could seriously help the balancing effort.

I feel like you could do a whole "Cthulhu" like thing with DSD (As in what

, not what it looks like), in which case having DSD as the last Elder Dragon would make sense. Jormag seems like the least threatening out of itself and Primordus, so it would be the safer dragon to target.

I don't care about the dragons at all. Don't care for 'em. The only story villain I've liked thus far is Joko. But I voted for Jormag because we've been to the jungle, then desert and video game law dictates that a snow zone should follow.

Plus, a Norn themed expansion would be cool. Always wanted the Norn cultural armours for my human and Sylvari characters, and I imagine an expansion based in the Shiverpeaks would scratch that itch.

@Jahroots.6791 said:I don't care about the dragons at all. Don't care for 'em. The only story villain I've liked thus far is Joko.To each their own, I guess. Even as a GW1 vet, I found Joko to be completely uninteresting. I just hope he stays dead. Elder dragons, however, actually have potential. Not that they've actually used that potential yet, but I think it is there. Mordremoth was less the force of nature we were warned of and more of a typical, evil human given dragon powers. My personal hope is that Mordremoth was so human because of its connection to the Sylvari.

@Edelweiss.4261 said:To each their own, I guess. Even as a GW1 vet, I found Joko to be completely uninteresting. I just hope he stays dead. Elder dragons, however, actually have potential. Not that they've actually used that potential yet, but I think it is there. Mordremoth was less the force of nature we were warned of and more of a typical, evil human given dragon powers. My personal hope is that Mordremoth was so human because of its connection to the Sylvari.

My issue with the dragons is that they exist on a scale that's just far too...grandiose for them to make realistic enemies. Even Balthazar was just too much, man.

@Carighan.6758 said:I sincerely want an underwater expansion full of water-only zones. I :heart: the way GW2 does underwater, by far the best implementation of any MMORPG I've played. So I'd be stoked for exploring that as a big deal. Plus the massively reduced design space of underwater weapons and skills could seriously help the balancing effort.

Yes I want to see this so badly

People saying Jormag and Primordus seem to have forgotten that the Living Story wrote them both off by stating that they were so weak after Balthazar absorbed their magic that they went back to their pre-awakening status. Unless a gigantic amount of magic is suddenly unleashed, those two won't be coming back for a long time.

• 3 months later...

Well from what I can see around... They brought Ascended and Legendary underwater gear... Underwater combat rework... The Water Dragon is the last we didn't see... I think ANET could come with a pretty ingenious idea of letting us exploring the far shiverpeaks. We already hear Quaggan and Kodan NPCs talking of the terror of the dragon that made them run south and meet the Norn.. Maybe it could be an expansion with literally no land mass but many floating Kodan city-ships. And they would sail around at all times so the fortress is always moving. Maybe come up with a smart mastery system that would let us track them and meta events that can allow us to influence them. Also some Masteries that give us the spirit of Koda blessing as we do in Frontier. To fight cold and possibly underwater low temperature. And since I know many people hate underwater combat the areas could be underwater ice caves... Like under the ocean's floor. It has to be above water or underwater, not IN water. Heck, Charr and Asura already build submarines. and Lion's Arch has a fleet.. This could work so easy. And make the maps like HoT ones, on many levels... Top level be surface (or even peak of icebergs), medium level be like the water surface with sailing.. and lower levels have the caves underwater.

Only way well kill another dragon is if we find a replacement for them in season 5..so kinda hoping for a break..Primordius and Jormag may never be seen again at least in the GW2 time line due to them being put back to sleep, which leaves the DSD and im not fond of UW content in this game.

• 2 months later...

@sorudo.9054 said:none, have you not realized the dragons are the guardians, not the enemy.......

That hasn't stopped us from trying to kill Kralkatorrik, has it now? Personally I've had enough of fighting dragons. This game should've been called Dragon Wars instead really. I know dragons are cool enemies and all but haven't we done enough of this dragon stuff? It's just become so mainstream. Been there, done that. Forgot the t-shirt.

Deep sea dragon Squidy!Plz.... i'm waiting for him since 6 years, Inquest is also waiting for his minions to fill their aquariums in Crucible of Eternity for 6y too. I'm starting wondering if they have designs for him and his minions :p :/

I'm pretty sure that aquatic design of lion's arch is a hint, look carefully buildings, maybe one have the shape of the dragon. Here is my guess:Fusion between a sea star(legs), a squid(torso+head) and a jellyfish(arms).

But after taking a look on the vision of him, It's clearly a CAT with gills coming out his head like an AXOLOTH. He also have a long neck and thin legs like a feline. Would be fun to have an original dragon for once. :D

@Gehenna.3625 said:

@sorudo.9054 said:none, have you not realized the dragons are the guardians, not the enemy.......

That hasn't stopped us from trying to kill Kralkatorrik, has it now? Personally I've had enough of fighting dragons. This game should've been called Dragon Wars instead really. I know dragons are cool enemies and all but haven't we done enough of this dragon stuff? It's just become so mainstream. Been there, done that. Forgot the t-shirt.

as a very ancient ppl ones said (the nox), the very young don't always do what they're told.

@sorudo.9054 said:

as a very ancient ppl ones said (the nox), the very young don't always do what they're told.Neither do the very old or anyone in between. If you mean Aurene, it wasn't just her plan. The whole alliance was on board for this. I guess they all hoped it would work out somehow and well, it probably will. I can't see them writing the story that everything goes to crap. That would be unexpected though.

@Gehenna.3625 said:

as a very ancient ppl ones said (the nox), the very young don't always do what they're told.Neither do the very old or anyone in between. If you mean Aurene, it wasn't just her plan. The whole alliance was on board for this. I guess they all hoped it would work out somehow and well, it probably will. I can't see them writing the story that everything goes to kitten. That would be unexpected though.

you have not seen stargate if you don't know that reference, it means that species that are still very undeveloped do whatever a higher being tells them to do.all of tyria is filled with ancient creatures, all what the "god's" have made are relatively young, not knowing anything else but what has bin told.

@sorudo.9054 said:

as a very ancient ppl ones said (the nox), the very young don't always do what they're told.Neither do the very old or anyone in between. If you mean Aurene, it wasn't just her plan. The whole alliance was on board for this. I guess they all hoped it would work out somehow and well, it probably will. I can't see them writing the story that everything goes to kitten. That would be unexpected though.

you have not seen stargate if you don't know that reference, it means that species that are still very undeveloped do whatever a higher being tells them to do.all of tyria is filled with ancient creatures, all what the "god's" have made are relatively young, not knowing anything else but what has bin told.

I understood the reference. I just find it doesn't fit the situation.

• 2 months later...