What is your favorite GW2 OST?

@zealex.9410 said:

@zealex.9410 said:Battle on the breachmaker, Heart and minds (mordy's theme) and maybe Rata novus/Aurene's vision for me.

I guess Jeremy also has made alot of good/great even pieces, but like, when i listen to gw1 i feel like im listening to core gw2 and when im listening to core gw2 i feel like im listening to skyrim.

Jeremy for me is like Adele, listening to any of her albums is like listening to 1 song playing on repeat for an hour, it kinda gets boring.

i don't think jeremy did much of GW2, i don't remember though. I know what you mean but he has a LOT of one hit wonders.

imagine if they had vocals in the tracks of gw2

would be epic

I think who would have been good for gw2 is inon zur.

Could you link some of the work of this zur guy?

Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2 have been blessed with the work of Jeremy Soule and a few other very talented composers. There are so many excellent soundtracks that I cannot just mention one.

I think my all-time favourite may be the Luxon soundtrack, of GW: Factions

Even tho I was Kurzick, I would give the prize for the best soundtrack to the Luxons here. Whenever I hear this, I see myself roaming with my trusty henchies over the endless frozen jade sea, with a few Saltspray Dragons floating by in the distance.

Nothing expresses the feeling of being alone at the end of the world as the theme of Abaddon's Mouth:

Few things in my life were more welcome than the Factions expansion, with this masterpiece as login theme:

And this peaceful soundtrack after you beaten the game and was greeted with firework, the ending credits and all your friends.

Who doesn't remember the savage Shiverpeaks with this soundtrack? It looks like the snow finally cleared up a bit.

Tasca's Theme

Guild Wars: Eye of the North

Man, I was so hyped for this.

The Bazaar of the Four Winds

And of course, the GW2 ending theme

Fear not this Night. An absolute Masterpiece.

Long list incoming and also linking some examples. Would tell my gw1 ones too but the list would be enormous.

Core Game

Plains of AshfordCharr TriumphantKnight of EmbersThe Walls of EbonhawkeZhaitanHere Be DragonsThe SeraphRaven SpeaksHeritage of HumanityThe Vaults of the PrioryTyria AwaitsFear Not This Night (instrumental)The Hammer FallsThe Darkness Will FallTyria RebornHero's Canton

LWS1

Battle on the BreachmakerTwisted Marionette pt. 2Southsun CoveAcross The Sea

LWS2

The Gathering of the PactShadow of the DragonThe Priory ArchivesThe Golden Cave

HoT

Some of the random battle musicsAttack on TarirDragons StandRata NovusSCARHoT Main ThemeMaguuma OvertureHearts and MindsMordremothGorseval the MultifariousSabethaMatthias GabrelSlothasorXera I & IIGlint's Legacy

LWS3

Dragon VigilTaimi's GameDemmi's Theme

PoF

DhuumTwin LargosSoulless HorrorEnter the Fire GodTomb of the Primeval KingsVeins of the DragonWelcome to the Crystsl DesertThe All

LWS4

Amala's ThemeKralkatorrik VS. AureneEye of the BrandstormScarab PlagueBlish's SorrowPraise JokoAurene's VisionThe Hope of Tyria

The GW1 OST will always have a special place in my heart - even hearing some of my favourites, like First Light, chokes me up. JS's work is always very good for ambient environmental immersion.

But aside from a few of his tracks for GW2, I never really felt like his work on this game specifically stood out. The most emotive pieces are the GW1 tracks that play in Ascalon maps, imo. There are a couple, like the charr themes, that stick out in my mind, but that's it. The rest all kinda blur into one big "nice" ambience after a while.

I feel like the in-house team have brought a lot more distinctive, lively character to the soundtrack ever since. There are some real standouts, and the expansion OSTs are fantastic. I've said before, I wish they'd properly release the LW season soundtracks the same way. I'd happily buy. Soundcloud is a little restrictive, even if I can appreciate getting stuff for free.

One I haven't seen linked here is the Marionette battle music from S1, another of my faves:

(I really miss that fight, too! :'( )

• 1 year later...

I always been amazed by soundtracks, it's crazy that music can share intense emotions and make you dream imagining big things.

My favourite would be Assault on the Breachmaker. You feel the tension, the pressure in the air. There is mechanical like sounds and the instruments choice is awesome.

But I have a serious crush on Rata Novus and the DDR (Arkk) theme. Both are very interesting and mysterious; it build up slowly and I like the main melodies. The Artwork of Rata novus loading screen and the soundtracks are both stunning as example but it's really sad the map design wasn't at the same level and it was to me a disapointement. I can listen to those musics and then dream of Gw2 locations that doesn't exist. The other night I was at a lagoon with a giant rata-sum like city floating on the left with several waterfalls coming out of it.

I really love quality soundtrack and GW2 is one of those games that has it.I have a couple of favorite ones:

Veins of the DragonTomb of Primeval KingsQuaggan CommandRata NovusBjora MarchesWolf SpiritTaming the JungleThe Prophecy ReduxWhisperer of the Ice DragonForging Steel

Does Fear Not This Night count? Or, is that too cheesy of an answer? I still get teary eyed from it. So so beautiful. Brings back memories of the first time clearing Arah with my friends. The Zhaitan fight may not have been spectacular. Especially relative to today's higher standards set by Anet. But, it was honestly just a magical moment for me in gaming when we were standing on the airship and Fear Not This Night started playing. I'm starting to tear up just writing this. Ha!

I'm not usually the type to listen to game soundtracks. But, I can click play on any of the music posted in this thread and know it. I do enjoy GW2's OST in general.

• 3 months later...