[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

A thing that should be done a long time ago: Reduce inflicted fear duration by plague-bringer by half during the reclaim of Claw Island Instance "Retribution", I have enough of falling out the cliff and have to circumvent the whole walls to restart fighting against it, those rotten mouths are also very annoying but will pass for them it's okay.

You first have to use scribing to create schematics, then individually queue each one into the assembly device which then takes 30s to create.

for a stack of guild siege, that's a little over 2h of sitting in front of the assembly device and queueing 10 of them at a time. so for each stack, someone needs to sit at this machine and slowly add siege to it every 5 minutes for two straight hours.

seriously, this is not a hard fix. make it automatically queue any schematics in guild storage. No one should have to spend hours upon hours every week just to make siege so their guild can wvw.

I want the key bindings (1,2,...,9,0,f1,..,f5) to be character related. I use default key bindings because I switch chars frequently and have no time nor patience to change key bindings every time. The default key bindings makes the combat bad. Different builds requires different key bindings.

@Pelto.9364 said:I want the key bindings (1,2,...,9,0,f1,..,f5) to be character related. I use default key bindings because I switch chars frequently and have no time nor patience to change key bindings every time. The default key bindings makes the combat bad. Different builds requires different key bindings.

I've mentioned before about diff keybindings per class since I wanted to do the same, but I suppose it was never taken into consideration until now. I think that was back in 2k16/2k17. Would be nice to have though, I would definitely use a template for keybinds for diff classes [i suppose if you have specific preferences for keys on diff builds, that would be nice too, I can see where it'd be useful for me].

I am absolutely in agreement with this.

My scribe is currently the primary 'crafter of guild siege' and it is mind numbingly exhausting and frustrating when you are making stacks at a time. We go through it like candy (yes, we have a problem xD ) and at this point I generally have a time designated prior to reset to just sit there double clicking to add more to the queue. It sucks.

I do not know the feasibility of my suggestion, but at face value it seems simple enough. Please add a checkbox in settings that will disable map chat specifically within the major cities. I very much profit from map chat in the open world, but within Lion's Arch and Divinity's Reach the map chat is 80% undesirable (and I am being conservative). Certainly it is possible to turn it on and off manually, but if the program could do this automatically, I think it would really improve the overall gameplay experience.

I agree with this as well. Just let it process everything automatically. Best fix I see is to change the pve and wvw parts to automatic and manual. This way we could scribe all the guild siege and let it process automatically but if we needed a decoration or particular type of siege print, we could manually queue them up and let the manual queue be for either pve or wvw.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@Skotlex.7580 said:Or go to a different main city hub, if you don't care for the social factor, why even go to DR or LA? I go to the Grove for my hub needs, and usually there's no map chatting going on.

Why even go to a social hub? I only go there when I need crafting. :P

For that Rata Sum or Ebonhawke is probably better

Probably. But I got a scroll for warping to the Grove directly, as it was the cheaper one, so that's what I use. :)

The essence of ebonhawk costs 33g, if you really hate map chat in the cities, that's the cost ya gotta pay. ;) (edit: and, uhm, the low, low price of 50 mystic coins to make the scroll)

@Siim.9530 said:I do not know the feasibility of my suggestion, but at face value it seems simple enough. Please add a checkbox in settings that will disable map chat specifically within the major cities. I very much profit from map chat in the open world, but within Lion's Arch and Divinity's Reach the map chat is 80% undesirable (and I am being conservative). Certainly it is possible to turn it on and off manually, but if the program could do this automatically, I think it would really improve the overall gameplay experience.

You can already do this yourself.

• Create additional chat tabs, with different bits of chat enabled/disabled.
  • Swap to them as appropriate to your taste. (There's even a keyboard shortcut, although I find it simpler to click.)

For example, I have the following:

• Base: Most things enabled, except for NPC/item, /emote, combat info.
  • Rosebud: to avoid spoilers for new story patches, disables all player chat, except party & whisper.
  • OJ: for concentrated focus in instant instanced parts of the game. It disables the chattiest of the guilds to which I belong.
  • Combat: combat info only
  • System: game messages plus NPCs

@Bunter.3795 said:I agree with this as well. Just let it process everything automatically. Best fix I see is to change the pve and wvw parts to automatic and manual. This way we could scribe all the guild siege and let it process automatically but if we needed a decoration or particular type of siege print, we could manually queue them up and let the manual queue be for either pve or wvw.

That would be perfect

Add an asuran gate between Lion's arch and amnoon. It would be blocked like the portal leading to lake doric until you finish the first step on the story in amnoon / so blocked to cores/ hot. Currently I have to tp to guild hall, travel through Vabbi, The desolation, Elon riverlands, to finally arrive in Amnoon.

@Siim.9530 said:

You can already do this yourself.

Really appreciate what you shared. I toyed with the tabs a while back, but never imagined the solution you have proposed. It is still a manual step but an improvement over what I am currently doing.

It's ONE manual step to switch chat tabs (once you've set up the tabs). I doubt that this impacts enough of the player base for Anet to devote resources to making this change.