Which class do you currently roam the most on beginning 2019? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Which class do you currently roam the most on beginning 2019?

EremiteAngel.9765EremiteAngel.9765 Member ✭✭✭✭

We had two recent polls, one on most OP roamer overall and one on most OP 1 on 1 combat strength.
But are most of us actually playing on these voted OP roamers/combatants?
Or are these OP roamers/combatants actually in the minority?
Please vote for the class that you roam the most on currently (might not be the class that you like, but can be the same).

Most OP 1 vs 1 Combat Strength Poll (based on ~100 votes):
2.5 Mesmer
2.9 Ranger
3.5 Engineer
4.2 Thief
5.3 Revenant
5.3 Warrior
6.1 Elementalist
7.2 Guardian
8.0 Necro

Most OP Roamer overall (based on ~100 votes):
1.7 Mesmer
2.8 Ranger
3.0 Thief
4.8 Engineer
5.0 Warrior
5.7 Revenant
6.7 Guardian
6.9 Elementalist
8.3 Necro

Visit 🏴‍☠️ Eremite's WvW Necromancy Graveyard 🏴‍☠️

CD -> TC -> Mag -> GOM -> AR -> JQ

Which class do you currently roam the most on beginning 2019? 120 votes

Mesmer
10%
gebrechen.5643Curunen.8729Jazz.4639Simonoly.4352DanAlcedo.3281aiinseinn.5914Bigpapasmurf.5623Shadowcat.2680WhiteDragon.3201Capitol.3815Juegol Hao.2019Kickpuncher.8109 12 votes
Elementalist
7%
Scorci.3250Okami Amaterasu.9237spectrito.8513rng.1024Annihilator.2617TrollingDemigod.3041Rhein.8197ethanethereal.9315alain.1659 9 votes
Necro
13%
Etienne.3049EremiteAngel.9765Zero.3871TheMightyNewb.6789Aplethoraof.2643Nimon.7840JusticeRetroHunter.7684Manucab.4573Calisanna.8732lodjur.1284Icewielder.4195Nerah.8235Squeak.7093Vertras.7531cray.5263Jayden Reese.9542 16 votes
Thief
11%
GloriousAlkaid.5104TakeCare.3182Zaraki.5784Dagger.2035aleron.1438Raiden The Beast.3016Straegen.2938NuhDah.9812DragonSlayer.1087Ganathar.4956Widmo.3186CarlJunior.7832Xenji.4907rektu.8209 14 votes
Engineer
5%
Gigalmesh.8513Rysdude.3824Prinzsecond.4863aceofbass.2163Prince Rawrrik.6935VacuumCleaner.4698 6 votes
Ranger
10%
Solori.6025Khailyn.6248Pensadora.9478catalyst.1358Dinas Dragonbane.2978Kovu.7560Henry.5713Balthazzarr.1349Xtinct.7031pointaction.4639duradrinx.2685UmbraNoctis.1907Revolution.5409 13 votes
Warrior
7%
KryTiKaL.3125Farout.8207Opal.9324Fat Disgrace.4275Mbelch.9028Blackelk.3784Cevlakohn.2165Duckota.4769bluberblasen.9684 9 votes
Revenant
10%
TheGrimm.5624SpellOfIniquity.1780phokus.8934Justine.6351Pterikdactyl.7630Shala.8352Joshhh.2076Vasdamas Anklast.1607schiva.8790DamiVlad.2689idolin.2831kiri.1467Derenaya.3479 13 votes
Guardian
5%
Sciva.4865Shadow.9641Blackarps.1974Malkom.5607Sylli.3891Otanikun.8701 6 votes
I am a Multi-class Roamer
18%
cgMatt.5162Kiroshima.8497Artaz.3819Kylden Ar.3724ventusthunder.5067Mechanix.9315DeKong.6203NaiveBayes.2587Jeknar.6184Gemnaid.4219apharma.3741Dajas.4715Spartacus.3192Optimator.3589MisterA.2759Juhojr.5741Hazzir.2974Flying.6509Biggie Shorty.8190Psycoprophet.8107 22 votes

Comments

• Fat Disgrace.4275Fat Disgrace.4275 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 21, 2019
    Warrior

Use to main core s/d but it's becoming stale now, too much effort to play it with out taking dumbed down stuff like instant reflexes, dagger storm.

Gone back to warrior for a while and I can actually fight back :o

• Jeknar.6184Jeknar.6184 Member ✭✭✭✭

It depend on my mood and if I'm SOLO or on a small group.

Ferguson's Crossing Mithril Squire (Rank 5001) - PvP Phoenix (Rank 72) - 30k Achievement Points
    Exalted Kawagima, Calamis Fatima, Hanna Flintlocke, Suzuhara Suzuka, Sally Furious Ant, Sabetha Deadeye, Bjarl of Souls, Lilian Mistwalker, Kelvena Riverstream, Zallha Wildhunt

• i'm about evenly split between firebrand and core warrior.

Xterra/Marqeese[Ark]

• Revenant

Shiro/Glint power Rev because it‘s awesome.

• Psycoprophet.8107Psycoprophet.8107 Member ✭✭✭✭

Core guard or dh

• Ranger

Core ranger

• Rysdude.3824Rysdude.3824 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Engineer

Conversion Holo, but its been getting boring lately. So thanks for gathering the information from these polls as I need inspiration for something new!

• Warrior

dagger warrior because dagger ele is dead :(

• Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Revenant

Hammer Rev op "nerf cor...again"

Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

• apharma.3741apharma.3741 Member ✭✭✭✭

I play power mesmer some days, I play ele other days. Most days I play for 20 minutes and get bored of the power creep and ganking and stop playing.

• Kylden Ar.3724Kylden Ar.3724 Member ✭✭✭✭

Whatever I feel like that day Chronomancer or Mirage, Viper Armor/Weapons and Marauder Trinkets, or Power SoulBeast. My Guardian (usually Firebrand) is for team play.

My Reaper is fun for camps, not so hot in most 1v1's these days (but it has no sustain, really, outside of shroud). I occasionally roam with my Herald (still trying to grok Rev, barely 50 hours) and my Holosmith (even less grok time, 25 hours total) but not in Primetime.

How many times we gotta tell you GRIND IS NOT CONTENT there ANet?

Leader of Tyrian Adventure Corp [TACO], [RaW][TACO] Alliance, Kaineng.

• Kovu.7560Kovu.7560 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Ranger

Ranger -- but to be fair I played the profession almost exclusively back in the day when it was a meme-worthy joke.
    Its nice to be on the higher end of the roaming scene.

~ Kovu

Ranger main before it was viable.
    Fort Aspenwood.

• Necro

There is something other than necro..?

• Pterikdactyl.7630Pterikdactyl.7630 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Revenant

Rev currently. Was previously Ranger. I have seen a considerably larger amount of Revs roaming recently as well, but I tend to see them in groups of 2+ more than I do solo roaming.

Healing orbs are a mistake. Please delete them ANet.

• ventusthunder.5067ventusthunder.5067 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 22, 2019

Herald main but I spend significant time on holosmith, DH/FB and base warr/sb as well as some freshweaver, soulbeast, reaper, daredevil/base thief and whatever I feel like. Only thing I don't like playing is mesmer because I suck at mesmer and once mirage got nerfed, I could no longer autopilot my one-shot mirage mantra build. Now that it requires a tiny bit of brainpower I feel no motivation to play it when I enjoy everything else more. As for condi mirage it's the top cancer of the WvW roaming scene so I feel like I shouldn't add any more misery to peoples' lives than all the other condi mirage players already do lol.

good lord i am absolute trash at this video game

• RedShark.9548RedShark.9548 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 22, 2019

@apharma.3741 said:
    I play power mesmer some days, I play ele other days. Most days I play for 20 minutes and get bored of the power creep and ganking and stop playing.

This and
    Edit: not the mesmer or ele thing, but the rest

@Optimator.3589 said:
    If by multi-class roaming, you mean sitting at the character select screen for 15 minutes trying to get excited or motivated to play something and then logging out to go watch Youtube instead, I am a multi-class roamer for the beginning of this year.

That

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

Everyone pans necro and vote it as the worst 1v1 with worst mobility

Necro is voted most common roamer

Dont look a gift Asura in the mouth.
    No seriously, dont. Shark teeth.

• steki.1478steki.1478 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Dawdler.8521 said:

It's the best class for killing camps. For majority of players roaming is nothing more than a pve/daily simulator.

Deso's favorite FROG
    Master of afk and kiting
    The God of Pips and Gud Deeps
    Froggo himself

• apharma.3741apharma.3741 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Dawdler.8521 said:

People consider roaming running around not in a party but having 5-10 other people next to them while they spam skills.

Other people consider roaming that part of time when they jump out of their tower and flip a camp, then return to safety. Mission Accomplished bois!

• Straegen.2938Straegen.2938 Member ✭✭✭
    Thief

Necro higher than Thief atm... I don't think some people understand what roaming is. Roaming is NOT running toward the blob from spawn.

edited January 29, 2019

@Straegen.2938 said:
    Necro higher than Thief atm... I don't think some people understand what roaming is. Roaming is NOT running toward the blob from spawn.

True but also fun factor is prob a big factor as well as efficiency.DE is very effective Roamer but playstyle probably grows old fast on most players and fighting sb,holo,warrior,guard etc on core thief usually ends bad unless ur very skilled and/or the opponent is just learning their class lol so maybe why it’s low even though it can transverse map faster than most can. Just a guess

• Straegen.2938Straegen.2938 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 29, 2019
    Thief

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:
    True but also fun factor is prob a big factor as well as efficiency.DE is very effective Roamer but playstyle probably grows old fast on most players and fighting sb,holo,warrior,guard etc on core thief usually ends bad unless ur very skilled and/or the opponent is just learning their class lol so maybe why it’s low even though it can transverse map faster than most can. Just a guess

Valid point for some but Necro is the absolute worst class to branch out in for roaming. Roaming necros are free bags to most other roaming/dueling classes. I hardly ever see a necro out in the open roaming for this exact reason. Thieves, rangers, warriors and mesmers... they are all over the place.

• lodjur.1284lodjur.1284 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 29, 2019
    Necro

What can I say, I truly hate myself

Tbh when running fully solo (as opposed to 2-3 people) I prolly run mirage as often

Also the colors for the choices in the poll feel really wrong

Interesting poll but the data seems very off atm as it definitively doesn't represent the current distribution of people outside of zergs in WvW even remotely

Ögonen omges av vita och svarta penseldrag som gör att de ser större ut än vad de egentligen är. Baksidan av lodjurets öron kantas av svart päls som slutar i den karaktäristiska tofsen högst upp på örat. Lodjurets svans är kortare än de flesta andra kattdjurs.

@lodjur.1284 said:

Tbh when running fully solo (as opposed to 2-3 people) I prolly run mirage as often

Interesting poll but the data seems very off atm as it definitively doesn't represent the current distribution of people outside of zergs in WvW even remotely

You mean because there are a lot of people who picked Necro despite the ammount of condi mirages and longbow Soulbeasts we find out there? I'm pretty sure those either don't read/care the forum or are one of the people who picked Multiclass...

Ferguson's Crossing Mithril Squire (Rank 5001) - PvP Phoenix (Rank 72) - 30k Achievement Points
    Exalted Kawagima, Calamis Fatima, Hanna Flintlocke, Suzuhara Suzuka, Sally Furious Ant, Sabetha Deadeye, Bjarl of Souls, Lilian Mistwalker, Kelvena Riverstream, Zallha Wildhunt

Necro definitely isn’t a effective Roamer in comparison to other classes and not a class I’d personally roam on, I tried but I am not a good necro player and to say I did really bad would be an understatement but I can see the appeal it is a fun class especially reaper

Mesmer seems low to me but that’s prob in comparison to just my server. I see mirage and soulbeast roaming the most on my NA server. I tried mirage to and wasn’t great at it,also never feel like I’m in melee combat cuz all the clones/phantoms doing a lot of the hits so kinda got bored of it fast. Seem to have best luck on core guard or dh,though not the greatest Roamer either

• Necro

@Dawdler.8521 said:

I mean, I roam with two friends. A support firebrand and a power mirage, with me on my condi scourge. Sometimes the firebrand is away, but the mirage and I manage.

I hate running with zergs. Last time I did, our zerg leader had our zerg of 60~ run away from a zerg of 30~. After that, it was just. . .nah. Let's roam bois.

I guess it depends on how you define roaming. But if roaming is only one person, can I "hug" a roamer and effectively make them unable to roam? Because of its two people now?

I tend to think of roaming as up to 1-10 people generally. 11-20 is a skirmish. 21+ is a zerg. Most people I run with think of roaming as "not with the zerg", which seems fine to me too.

Lone roamers make for easy kills. GW2 was balanced as a team-game and it plays best that way (small teams, really. 5-10 people is the most fun imo), roaming solo is basically flipping a coin on if you are going to run into your counter/a group and get stomped, imo.

Do you want a balanced GW2? Then you are obliged to unironically agree with this suggestion!

• Turk.5460Turk.5460 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:
    Use to main core s/d but it's becoming stale now, too much effort to play it with out taking dumbed down stuff like instant reflexes, dagger storm.

But...but...but...Warrior is the very essence of "dumbed down".

Fort Aspenwood
    Jekkies

Warrior

@Turk.5460 said:

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

Not really when most classes (apart from nec/guard) can kite warrior ;-)

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

@Turk.5460 said:

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

I've seen warriors kite, tank all the damage and literally run away from groups of 15+.

So yeah they suck at it.

Warrior

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

@Turk.5460 said:

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

I've seen warriors kite, tank all the damage and literally run away from groups of 15+.

So yeah they suck at it.

They are ofc tanky raid warriors with defiant stance, we both know this lol

• lodjur.1284lodjur.1284 Member ✭✭✭
    Necro

@Jeknar.6184 said:

@lodjur.1284 said:

You mean because there are a lot of people who picked Necro despite the ammount of condi mirages and longbow Soulbeasts we find out there? I'm pretty sure those either don't read/care the forum or are one of the people who picked Multiclass...

Very possibly, another theory is that a lot of the people who picked necro consider running from their waypoint to closest tag roaming, or people who roam on necro spend more time on the forum that ingame cause of the current meta.

Ögonen omges av vita och svarta penseldrag som gör att de ser större ut än vad de egentligen är. Baksidan av lodjurets öron kantas av svart päls som slutar i den karaktäristiska tofsen högst upp på örat. Lodjurets svans är kortare än de flesta andra kattdjurs.

• Ranger

2018 was power shortbow dagger/warhorn, 2019 is same weapons with grieving stats...kinda fun!

• Thief

To be fair to all professions there probably should be a Most OP Zerger poll as well.

It’s too bad elite specs haven’t opened up new WvW roles for some professions. At this point in the game it may make sense to run multiple professions rather than wait for X to be better at roaming and have Y become better at zerging.

Server: Sorrow's Furnace
    Guilds: [DOA] Descendants Of Ascalon, [LOOT] Legendary Order Of Thieves
    Characters: Black Hooded S\D Thief, Celestial Herald & Power Reaper

@Dagger.2035 said:
    To be fair to all professions there probably should be a Most OP Zerger poll as well.

Going by this poll, ranger will probably win that vote.

• Revenant

I think all the Necro votes are due to a combination of Necro mains being some of the most active forum users and people wanting to be snowflakes.

I don't roam exclusively but I do it plenty enough to know that on NA in any given tier, crossing a Necro that's actually roaming (successfully) is like finding a unicorn.

And in regard to those saying roaming Necros are free bags - though yes they are at a much greater disadvantage than other professions, they are far from helpless puppies. The issue with Necro is low mobility and a lack of scaling defenses which means it's easy to kite or outnumber, two things that will happen a lot. However, that doesn't mean it isn't capable of straight up deleting people if they're not careful. Necro is incredibly strong in the right hands and I see people getting blown up by them all the time. The Necro doing the killing may not always be "roaming" but rather trying to get to their zerg or some other location, but they still manage to take people down who get too confident.

💎 [HUNT] [IH] [JEEP] | Necromancer, Engineer, Revenant | Maguuma | Diamond Legend 💎

• EremiteAngel.9765EremiteAngel.9765 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Necro

@SpellOfIniquity.1780 said:
    I think all the Necro votes are due to a combination of Necro mains being some of the most active forum users and people wanting to be snowflakes.

I don't roam exclusively but I do it plenty enough to know that on NA in any given tier, crossing a Necro that's actually roaming (successfully) is like finding a unicorn.

And in regard to those saying roaming Necros are free bags - though yes they are at a much greater disadvantage than other professions, they are far from helpless puppies. The issue with Necro is low mobility and a lack of scaling defenses which means it's easy to kite or outnumber, two things that will happen a lot. However, that doesn't mean it isn't capable of straight up deleting people if they're not careful. Necro is incredibly strong in the right hands and I see people getting blown up by them all the time. The Necro doing the killing may not always be "roaming" but rather trying to get to their zerg or some other location, but they still manage to take people down who get too confident.

Happens to me all the time XD
    I encounter a Scourge, poke at it playfully thinking it's just a zergling, and the next thing I know, I got floored by a flurry of shade spam and axe 2 lol...

Visit 🏴‍☠️ Eremite's WvW Necromancy Graveyard 🏴‍☠️

CD -> TC -> Mag -> GOM -> AR -> JQ

• Kylden Ar.3724Kylden Ar.3724 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Dagger.2035 said:
    It’s too bad elite specs haven’t opened up new WvW roles for some professions. At this point in the game it may make sense to run multiple professions rather than wait for X to be better at roaming and have Y become better at zerging.

It's always made more sense that way. A lot of people just make a different toon for a different WvW role than re-specing.

How many times we gotta tell you GRIND IS NOT CONTENT there ANet?

Leader of Tyrian Adventure Corp [TACO], [RaW][TACO] Alliance, Kaineng.

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:

I encounter a Scourge, poke at it playfully thinking it's just a zergling, and the next thing I know, I got floored by a flurry of shade spam and axe 2 lol...

Scourge is the only reason I bring FGS (well that and every other ele elite is...,) kite kite kite, then drop FGS and spam away. If I see more blinding red, kite some more, then go in hard with regular sword.

Same with reaper, ‘cept those shouts....,

Thank You for the {MEME}

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:

Isn't that how you play Scourge on zergs tho?

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.