Do raids need easy/normal/hard difficulty mode? [merged]

Lonami.2987

@Astralporing.1957 said:You still haven't addressed the main point i made about how your argument is flawed at its core. You know, the one where all your reasoning hinges on legendary armor making ascended gear obsolete. Which can only be true if getting legendary armor would be more efficient and less grindy than the ascended option.

I have addressed this, you just keep ignoring it. Legendary armor makes ascended armor more obsolete than ANY other legendary gear in the game. I have repeatedly explained to you that legendary armor is the MOST cost efficient legenary in the game (by far!). Within the legendary gear, it is the most likely to make ascended obsolete.

@Astralporing.1957 said:Answer me this: How allowing people that weren't able to do that before to pursue legendary armor from raids remove longterm goals from them, if pursuing said armor is still a more longterm (and more costly) goal than gearing up in ascended?

It removes the necessity for multiple ascended sets. It does so more efficiently and faster than the spvp and wvw armor via pve. It does so better than weapons and is comparable to trinkets (which are vastly more expensive on a scale which I don't even want to do the math for given how ascended back items for example are as cheap at 30 gold). That's what I am comparing it to.

The price difference between ascended armor and legendary is already vastly smaller than any other legendary gear. Stop ignoring simple economics.

The chance for a NEW legendary armor in pve which does not require raids and is vastly more expensive, is highly more likely than making raid legendary armor more easily available.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@Astralporing.1957 said:You still haven't addressed the main point i made about how your argument is flawed at its core. You know, the one where all your reasoning hinges on legendary armor making ascended gear obsolete. Which can only be true if getting legendary armor would be more efficient and less grindy than the ascended option.

I have addressed this, you just keep ignoring it. Legendary armor makes ascended armor more obsolete than ANY other legendary gear in the game.Well, legendary weapons can hardly make ascended armor obsolete...I have repeatedly explained to you that legendary armor is the MOST cost efficient legenary in the game (by far!). Within the legendary gear, it is the most likely to make ascended obsolete.What you haven't explained - what you refuse to answer - is how it can do that if it's not efficient compared to
ascended armor
.Hint: it's not "most efficient'. It's merely the least inefficient. it's still inefficient though.

@Astralporing.1957 said:Answer me this: How allowing people that weren't able to do that before to pursue legendary armor from raids remove longterm goals from them, if pursuing said armor is still a more longterm (and more costly) goal than gearing up in ascended?

It removes the necessity for multiple ascended sets.Yes, but it does so at a pricetag that could let you have 6-7 of those ascended sets at the same time (much more if you're just changing stats to adjust to new builds, as changing stats is much cheaper). Practically noone needs to have 6-7 gear sets at the same time. Many builds do fine with the same set since the beginning of the game (zerks + scholars).

It does so more efficiently and faster than the spvp and wvw armor via pve. It does so better than weapons and is comparable to trinkets (which are vastly more expensive on a scale which I don't even want to do the math for given how ascended back items for example are as cheap at 30 gold). That's what I am comparing it to.And yet
it is still vastly inefficient
. It doesn't matter if you overpay for other legendaries more, if you still overpay for legendary armor. And you do overpay.

The price difference between ascended armor and legendary is already vastly smaller than any other legendary gear. Stop ignoring simple economics.The price difference is still way too big for your concerns to be viable. Stop ignoring it as well.

In the whole discussion that last price difference is actually the only thing that matters - and it is the very thing you keep ignoring.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

I have addressed this, you just keep ignoring it. Legendary armor makes ascended armor more obsolete than ANY other legendary gear in the game.Well, legendary weapons can hardly make ascended armor obsolete...

Oh come on, you can't be serious. Obviously respective to their slot.... If you want to troll, say so.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

It removes the necessity for multiple ascended sets.Yes, but it does so at a pricetag that could let you have 6-7 of those ascended sets at the same time (much more if you're just changing stats to adjust to new builds, as changing stats is much cheaper). Practically noone needs to have 6-7 gear sets at the same time. Many builds do fine with the same set since the beginning of the game (zerks + scholars).
  • Berserker
  • Viper
  • Minstrel
  • Harrier
  • Trailblazer
  • Assassins

Those are all meta. Those are all used among the same armor type (except medium armor which sees the least diversity among its 3 classes). Many of those use different runes for different content. Having 1 legendary set at the same cost as 5 of those sets, is a direct improvement over having the unique sets. This is not mirrored among ANY legendary gear at the given price tag (except armor).

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:It does so more efficiently and faster than the spvp and wvw armor via pve. It does so better than weapons and is comparable to trinkets (which are vastly more expensive on a scale which I don't even want to do the math for given how ascended back items for example are as cheap at 30 gold). That's what I am comparing it to.And yet
it is still vastly inefficient
. It doesn't matter if you overpay for other legendaries more, if you still overpay for legendary armor. And you do overpay.

See, you say overpay for other legendaries. I say underpay for armor legendary. Given legendary armor is the anomaly, and the standard cost (which you call overpay) is consistent for recent legendary additions, I'd say making the underpayed legendary gear more easily available might be an issue.

The price difference between ascended armor and legendary is already vastly smaller than any other legendary gear. Stop ignoring simple economics.The price difference is still way too big for your concerns to be viable. Stop ignoring it as well.

That is your OPINION. I am basing my opinion in the increasing cost for new legendary items. My opinion is grounded in how the game has developed and how all other legendary gear has been implemented. Yours is not. Your opinion is quite literally based on your subjective feeling that the price for legendary armor is already high enough. None of the in-game comparative metrics support this assumption.

@Astralporing.1957 said:In the whole discussion that last price difference is actually the only thing that matters - and it is the very thing you keep ignoring.

Yes, the price difference between ascended and legendary. Which in no way has supporting your argument.

I'm done here. You want to not take legendary cost seriously, have either limited or no experience in crafting different types of legendaries and are just blindly demanding something be implemented. Which one can do and which might happen. I'm not seeing it given how legendary gear has been getting implemented. Feel free to keep your and other people hopes up until that turns into disappointment.

@"Cyninja.2954" said:That is your OPINION. I am basing my opinion in the increasing cost for new legendary items.And i am basing mine on actual prices.My opinion is grounded in how the game has developed and how all other legendary gear has been implemented. Yours is not.Yes, because, again, mine is grounded in prices. Yours is not.

Your opinion is quite literally based on your subjective feeling that the price for legendary armor is already high enough. None of the in-game comparative metrics support this assumption.What in-game comparative metrics? Certainly not the ones you bring up, because those are abou completely different things. And there's certainly no metric that shows that my "subjective feeling" is wrong.

@Astralporing.1957 said:In the whole discussion that last price difference is actually the only thing that matters - and it is the very thing you keep ignoring.

Yes, the price difference between ascended and legendary. Which in no way has supporting your argument.

I'm done here. You want to not take legendary cost seriouslyNo, the one not taking legendary armor cost seriously is
you

, have either limited or no experience in crafting different types of legendarieslol... you couldn't be more wrong.

and are just blindly demanding something be implemented.I don't demand anything. I don't have any personal stake in it (i've got my legendary armor already). Personally i don't really care how Anet is going to solve that problem anymore. The one that seems to be arguing strongly against it is you. And the only reason why i'm even responding is because your argument doesn't hold up at closer scrutiny.

Which one can do and which might happen. I'm not seeing it given how legendary gear has been getting implemented.We shall see then. I'm still pretty sure that my predictions will be much closer to what it's going to eventually happen than yours.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:That is your OPINION. I am basing my opinion in the increasing cost for new legendary items.And i am basing mine on actual prices.My opinion is grounded in how the game has developed and how all other legendary gear has been implemented. Yours is not.Yes, because, again, mine is grounded in prices. Yours is
not

Ad Infinitum, legendary back piece, released with HoT, total cost: 1,276 goldPerfected envoy heavy armor, released May 2nd, 2017, total cost: 1,957 goldFlames of War T2.5, released May 2nd 2017, total cost: 2,331 gold<insert any legendary weapon T2 released after May 2nd 2017, total cost: 2,200+ goldAurora, legendary trinket, released July 25 2017, total cost: 1,295 gold

Armor is the most cost efficient legendary in the game, by a large margin. Want me to add stats to those or comparison to ascended costs?Armor allows for the most customization (among all legendary gear) while being the cheapest in both:

• upgrading from ascended to legendary (weapons go from 40-50 gold average ascended to 1.4k+ gold, trinkets go from 15-30 gold to over 1.2k gold)
  • upgrading per stats (legendary armor is by far the cheapest legendary gear per stat point on it)

Armor is locked out per game mode:

• 10 weeks minimum in pve, 20 weeks on further sets
  • 21 weeks of 2-4 hours daily in wvw
  • 3 spvp seasons in spvp with specific time periods

Armor is the only legendary which can surpass the usefulness of 4-6 sets of ascended (edit: and with that I mean 4-6 pieces of gear on the respective slot).

Keep making bold statements. You are not in any way grounding your opinion in prices. If armor were made any easier to get, it would quite literally intrude on ascended gearing territory.

@Astralporing.1957 said:I don't demand anything. I don't have any personal stake in it (i've got my legendary armor already).

So do I, all 3 of them, as well as since this morning a total of 30 crafted legendaries (edit: minor correction, 31 legendaries, I forgot to count The Shining Blade since it doesn't require a Gift of Exploration it thew my math off).

@Astralporing.1957 said:Personally i don't really care how Anet is going to solve that problem anymore. The one that seems to be arguing strongly against it is you. And the only reason why i'm even responding is because your argument doesn't hold up at closer scrutiny.

You not understanding my argument is not the same as it not holding up under scrutiny.

I think we could use the 3 difficulties, but I would say easy mode gets nothing more than blues and greens (and of course seeing what passes for the story). It should be for training for the real raid, like people keep saying they want to do.

I don't do raids much, but I have completed a couple. My main reason for not doing it more is time, so an easy mode just to get an idea how and to see the story without as much effort appeals to me, and I think a hard mode for the people that have normal to clockwork now would be nice for them.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:That is your OPINION. I am basing my opinion in the increasing cost for new legendary items.And i am basing mine on actual prices.My opinion is grounded in how the game has developed and how all other legendary gear has been implemented. Yours is not.Yes, because, again, mine is grounded in prices. Yours is
not

Ad Infinitum, legendary back piece, released with HoT, total cost: 1,276 gold
Perfected envoy heavy armor, released May 2nd, 2017, total cost: 1,957 gold
Flames of War T2.5, released May 2nd 2017, total cost: 2,331 gold<insert any legendary weapon T2 released after May 2nd 2017, total cost: 2,200+ goldAurora, legendary trinket, released July 25 2017, total cost: 1,295 goldAh, but you're comparing wrong prices. It doesn't matter if legendary armor is relatively cheaper than legendary weapons or trinkets, because legendary weapon price has nothing to do with ascended armor desirability, nor legendary armor has anything to do with ascended weapons. The only prices you mentioned is the legendary armor one (which you did bring up), and
ascended
armor (which you didn't).

So, let's bring up those prices for comparison:the cheapest ascended set (thackeray) costs ~235/245/260 gold for heavy/light/mediumThe most costly ascended set (pahua) costs ~340/345/360 gold for heavy/light/mediumfor comparison, the most popular set (zojja) costs ~270/280/295 gold for heavy/light/mediumAs we can see, even at the most costly option, you still can get 5-6 sets for the cost of a single legendary. At the most cheapest, you can get as much as 8 (with Zojja, you can get 7).Let's think of some additional points here:

1. The most costly weight option is medium armor (the one you yourself said you don' need many sets of).
  2. Instead of crafting the most costly stat options, it's more efficient to pick a cheap option and restat
  3. crafting by itself is the most costly and least efficient way of obtaining ascended gear (there are other, cheaper options)
  4. Not many people need that many sets at the same time
  5. Those people that might need it are playing either high-end instanced pve content, or WvW (or both) and are heavily invested in those
  6. People that are heavily invested in those contents already have access to legendary armor.
  7. and people that do not need 6+ sets at the same time can stat-swap in forge for much lower price, which extends the number of sets that has to be equalled by a lot.

Armor is the most cost efficient legendary in the game, by a large margin.Sure, but it's stil not cost-efficient compared to ascended, for all the reasons outlined above. And as long as it isn't, there's no fear that it would replace ascended.

Want me to add stats to those or comparison to ascended costs?Armor allows for the most customization (among all legendary gear) while being the cheapest in both:

• upgrading from ascended to legendary (weapons go from 40-50 gold average ascended to 1.4k+ gold, trinkets go from 15-30 gold to over 1.2k gold)
  • upgrading per stats (legendary armor is by far the cheapest legendary gear per stat point on it)And yet armor is the least efficient gear of all options. Well, correction, backpacks are, but armor is close second. The order of gearing up is always weapon, then trinkets, and only then armor (and backpack last). Because the whole armor set offers only around 2% overall upgrade from exotic to ascended, compared to 6% from a single primary weapon. In a way, efficiency-wise single mainhand/twohand legendary weapon is worth 3 legendary armor sets.

• 3 spvp seasons in spvp with specific time periodsYes, it is indeed timegated, and that wouldn't change even after making raids more widely open.

Armor is the only legendary which can surpass the usefulness of 4-6 sets of ascended (edit: and with that I mean 4-6 pieces of gear on the respective slot).As pointed above it is equal to 6-8 sets, and only if you use the most inefficient and costly way to obtain them (crafting), and need all those sets at the same time.

Keep making bold statements. You are not in any way grounding your opinion in prices. If armor were made any easier to get, it would quite literally intrude on ascended gearing territory.If it was made cheaper to get, then yes, probably. We weren't talking about making it cheaper, though.

@Cyninja.2954 said:You not understanding my argument is not the same as it not holding up under scrutiny.Agreed. And yet i do understand your arguments, and they still don't hold up under scrutiny.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

not

Ad Infinitum, legendary back piece, released with HoT, total cost: 1,276 gold
Perfected envoy heavy armor, released May 2nd, 2017, total cost: 1,957 gold
Flames of War T2.5, released May 2nd 2017, total cost: 2,331 gold<insert any legendary weapon T2 released after May 2nd 2017, total cost: 2,200+ goldAurora, legendary trinket, released July 25 2017, total cost: 1,295 goldAh, but you're comparing wrong prices. It doesn't matter if legendary armor is relatively cheaper than legendary weapons or trinkets, because legendary weapon price has nothing to do with ascended armor desirability, nor legendary armor has anything to do with ascended weapons. The only prices you mentioned is the legendary armor one (which you did bring up), and
ascended
armor (which you didn't).

So, let's bring up those prices for comparison:the cheapest ascended set (thackeray) costs ~235/245/260 gold for heavy/light/mediumThe most costly ascended set (pahua) costs ~340/345/360 gold for heavy/light/mediumfor comparison, the most popular set (zojja) costs ~270/280/295 gold for heavy/light/mediumAs we can see, even at the most costly option, you still can get 5-6 sets for the cost of a single legendary. At the most cheapest, you can get as much as 8 (with Zojja, you can get 7).Let's think of some additional points here:
  1. The most costly weight option is medium armor (the one you yourself said you don' need many sets of).
  2. Instead of crafting the most costly stat options, it's more efficient to pick a cheap option and restat
  3. crafting by itself is the most costly and least efficient way of obtaining ascended gear (there are other, cheaper options)
  4. Not many people need that many sets at the same time
  5. Those people that might need it are playing either high-end instanced pve content, or WvW (or both) and are heavily invested in those
  6. People that are heavily invested in those contents already have access to legendary armor.
  7. and people that do not need 6+ sets at the same time can stat-swap in forge for much lower price, which extends the number of sets that has to be equalled by a lot.

Armor is the most cost efficient legendary in the game, by a large margin.Sure, but it's stil not cost-efficient compared to ascended, for all the reasons outlined above. And as long as it isn't, there's no fear that it would replace ascended.

Want me to add stats to those or comparison to ascended costs?Armor allows for the most customization (among all legendary gear) while being the cheapest in both:
  • upgrading per stats (legendary armor is by far the cheapest legendary gear per stat point on it)And yet armor is the least efficient gear of all options. Well, correction, backpacks are, but armor is close second. The order of gearing up is always weapon, then trinkets, and only then armor (and backpack last). Because the whole armor set offers only around 2% overall upgrade from exotic to ascended, compared to 6% from a single primary weapon. In a way, efficiency-wise single mainhand/twohand legendary weapon is worth 3 legendary armor sets.

• 3 spvp seasons in spvp with specific time periodsYes, it is indeed timegated, and that wouldn't change even after making raids more widely open.

Armor is the only legendary which can surpass the usefulness of 4-6 sets of ascended (edit: and with that I mean 4-6 pieces of gear on the respective slot).As pointed above it is equal to 6-8 sets, and only if you use the most inefficient and costly way to obtain them (crafting), and need all those sets at the same time.

Keep making bold statements. You are not in any way grounding your opinion in prices. If armor were made any easier to get, it would quite literally intrude on ascended gearing territory.If it was made
cheaper
to get, then yes, probably. We weren't talking about making it cheaper, though.

@Cyninja.2954 said:You not understanding my argument is not the same as it not holding up under scrutiny.Agreed. And yet i
do
understand your arguments, and they still
don't
hold up under scrutiny.

So you redid my math, came to the nearly same result with maybe 1-2 extra sets. Ignored that legendary armor at 5-6 (even at 8 sets) is the superior option to individual sets (exchanging runes is that good on armor, yes). That is the status quo right now.

You did the math, the most rational option at the moment for people with access to raids is:

• stick to exotic armor
  • get the first ascended set from the collection
  • save for legendary armor

Again, that is the status quo, right now. If legendary armor is made more easily accessible, it will directly make the little reason for going ascended (which is heavily lockout based currebtly) completely negligible.

This is not the case for any other legendary slot. Hence I do not believe this will happen.

@Cyninja.2954 said:You did the math, the most rational option at the moment for people with access to raids is:

• stick to exotic armor
  • save for legendary armorIt is a rational option for mesmers, maybe (and even for them it's iffy - a lot of mesmers i know play either chrono or mirage, not both). For any other class? Not so much, even most raiders do not need that many sets to make legendary armor look good. Of people that do not currently raid, only WvWers might have a need of several sets. So, again, the only people for whom it might come even close to being even (instead of being a straight loss) are people that already have access to legendary armor. In case of the people that would gain access to it by making raids easier? It means those people would do more grind and spend more gold and mats that they would do otherwise. Anet wins in that case.

Again, that is the status quo, right now.It's not. Not even among raiders. Those i know got legendary either for ease of use, or for prestige (or decided to ot get it at all). Noone thought it was actually efficient. In fact, if you look at the legendary armor threads on this forum (and on the previous one), you will see that practically all veteran raiders kept claiming over and over again that it isn't sensible (and that it is useful for raiders only and not for anyone else).

If legendary armor is made more easily accessible, it will directly make the little reason for going ascended (which is heavily lockout based currebtly) completely negligible.It won't. Most players simply do not have that much gold to burn on a single armor set, no matter how convenient it would be. Most players do not need kittenton of sets of ascended armor either, one (max two) is enough for them.

This is not the case for any other legendary slot.It's not the case for legendary armor either.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:You did the math, the most rational option at the moment for people with access to raids is:
  • stick to exotic armor
  • save for legendary armorIt is a rational option for mesmers, maybe (and even for them it's iffy - a lot of mesmers i know play either chrono or mirage, not both). For any other class? Not so much, even most raiders do not need that many sets to make legendary armor look good. Of people that do not currently raid, only WvWers might have a need of several sets. So, again, the only people for whom it might come even close to being even (instead of being a straight loss) are people
    that already have access to legendary armor
    . In case of the people that would gain access to it by making raids easier? It means those people would do
    more
    grind and spend
    more
    gold and mats that they would do otherwise. Anet wins in that case.

Just about any chrono plays mirage by now, unless they are sub 100 LI. Legendary armor is of use to Guardian, Warrior, Renegade, Mesmer, necromancer and even druid (if they run soulbeast and ondi builds, which many do not). That is for pve only. Wvw opens up way more builds and uses. Bascially any class which runs 3 or 4 builds benefits form legendary armor (when using build templates).

The people who gain access to raids and legendary automatically also do not spend the money/gold on ascended. I certainly have not spent a single gold on ANY ascended gear for any class of mine which has legendary ever since they got it. I'm about to make a 4th legendary for my pve Firebrand as we speak and I have access to over 30 ascended sets.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:Again, that is the status quo, right now.It's not. Not even among raiders. Those i know got legendary either for ease of use, or for prestige (or decided to ot get it at all). Noone thought it was actually efficient. In fact, if you look at the legendary armor threads on this forum (and on the previous one), you will see that practically all veteran raiders kept claiming over and over again that it
isn't
sensible (and that it is useful for raiders only and not for anyone else).

This was true before arc build templates. It's not true for the time after. It will be even less true if we should ever get build templates. Also you are now arguing from a standpoint of people who already have access to this gear.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:If legendary armor is made more easily accessible, it will directly make the little reason for going ascended (which is heavily lockout based currebtly) completely negligible.It won't. Most players simply do not have that much gold to burn on a single armor set, no matter how convenient it would be. Most players do not need kittenton of sets of ascended armor either, one (max two) is enough for them.

I think you deliberately underestimate how much gold many pve players have who do not have access to raids and are unwilling to spvp or wvw.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:This is not the case for any other legendary slot.It's not the case for legendary armor either.

Going by mere difference in cost and value, it is. Everything else is pure speculation based on personal values.

I already said: it is way more likely to see a new legendary set for pve which is closer in cost to other pve non raid legendaries than more open access to raid legendaries.

• 2 weeks later...

@gonandro.4768 said:This thread....86 pages.Ok let's be realistic, easy mode is NOT gonna happen. We got 1 (O N E) Raid wing in 2018.Get good in playing your toon/Roll a chrono/Buy commander tag and make your own groups.That's how you get into raids and kill bosses.

Peace.

Have you stopped to wonder why we only got one raid in a whole year?

Maybe it's because there isn't enough people raiding, hm?

@Lonami.2987 said:

@gonandro.4768 said:This thread....86 pages.Ok let's be realistic, easy mode is NOT gonna happen. We got 1 (O N E) Raid wing in 2018.Get good in playing your toon/Roll a chrono/Buy commander tag and make your own groups.That's how you get into raids and kill bosses.

Peace.

More people won't magically attract more devs.

Fractals have difficulty levels yet you still see people complaining how certain fractals are too hard at t4 (without even bothering to try lower tiers). How many groups do you see in t2/t3 fractals anyway?

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@steki.1478 said:More people won't magically attract more devs.I agree. There's nothing magical in the fact that amount of people playing certain type of content tends to influence how much time and effort devs are willing to spend on it.

It's same devs who are working on that content though. It's not like they can bring story/gem store devs since they are working on separate content, which actually brings them money. Hiring more devs for content that doesn't bring any money doesn't really make much sense, which is pretty much why guilds no longer have dev team and why pvp/wvw updates are also quite slow compared to mentioned ones.

Motivation does nothing if you're limited on number of devs that work on specific content.

Sure, but remember, that "raid team" is now also helping out with fractals. Which they haven't been doing initially. That means they have less time to devote on raids. Additionally, lot of work is done by the core team, which also can shift priorities (and probably already have done so). All those things are going to have an impact.

@Lonami.2987 said:

Peace.

We also had only one Fractal in a whole year even though fractals have all those difficulty tiers and many more people supposedly run fractals.

@"Astralporing.1957" said:Sure, but remember, that "raid team" is now also helping out with fractals. Which they haven't been doing initially. That means they have less time to devote on raids. Additionally, lot of work is done by the core team, which also can shift priorities (and probably already have done so). All those things are going to have an impact.

Honestly it doesn't really matter. Whether the team in charge of instanced group content releases fractal or raids, it would be in Anet best interest to make sure that all the players who participate in instanced group content also participate in raids imo, rather than trying to create raid easy mode for open world players.

And in that persperctive, it makes perfect sense to have only team in charge of both raids in fractal, which could easily introduce players to raid mechanics through fractal tiers, if necessary.

@Astralporing.1957 said:Yeah, sure. The raid team working now on other things doesn't mean they are devoting less effort to raids than they've done before. Nothing has changed, Anet interest in raids doesn't wane at all.[/sarcasm]

Well I am pretty sure they wanted to time the release of raids/fractal with each living story update from now on. It was actually the reason why they merged both team.

What is so different between a raid encounter and a fractal encounter at this point according to you ? Don’t you think the original fractal designers can also bring their expertise to some raid encounters ? And vice-versa ?

Can we not just have an NPC that gives you a squad wide buff to basically decrease incoming and increase outgoing damage so much that raid encounters are trivial enough? Decrease rewards from boss chests affected by the buff to a bunch of item bags and call it easy mode raids. Have that NPC introduced into new raids 1-2 months after the initial release and it wont affect actual progress groups. That way everyone gets candy without any weird scaling programming required. (Is that how this works? I have no idea about game development)

@RaidsAreEasyAF.8652 said:

@flog.3485 said:Well I am pretty sure they wanted to time the release of raids/fractal with each living story update from now on. It was actually the reason why they merged both team.

Yeah, Ill believe it when i see it.I still remember 6 wings per year.

Btw. is there a way to change what i voted for?

They never promised 6 wings per year.How many are you able to crank out at a maximum was the question.

@RaidsAreEasyAF.8652 said:

@flog.3485 said:Well I am pretty sure they wanted to time the release of raids/fractal with each living story update from now on. It was actually the reason why they merged both team.

Yes, sadly there is no way to be sure it is in fact gonna happen. But there is a higher chance it is gonna happen if the teams are not seperate like before.

@flog.3485 said:

Yes, sadly there is no way to be sure it is in fact gonna happen. But there is a higher chance it is gonna happen if the teams are not seperate like before.Nah, having the teams not separated just makes it easier to use the formerly "raid devs" for other stuff instead of raids. It is also a clear sign that raids are no longer important enough to have their own dedicated team. It's probably good for fractals, though. We do see more of fractal stuff lately.