Unable to purchase gems [Merged]

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@FOX.3582 said:

@FOX.3582 said:

@FOX.3582 said:Buy gems from a card-store (you can google them), you can redeem the code in-game, plus you get more gems for your money.

Nope, you get less, also why should anyone do this? just because anet and whateverthename is company cant get their stuff working?

People buy the gems cards when they are cheaper, not because it is easier or whatever. This screenshot is from the website that I always buy from, in the in-game gem shop I pay €10,- for 800 gems. Can you count?
pN82hmG.png

Can you read?

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Players are encourage to buy from Authorized Retailers. Other sites may be cheaper, but ArenaNet does not support them, nor do those Gem Cards support ArenaNet.

Yes of course, but what does that have to do with me? You said it ain't cheaper, I said it is and even showed it. If it's supported or not has nothing to do with your or OP's question. Also, I can not imagine Arenanet missing revenue on those gem-cards, because they are completely legal. A third company can't just put currency in the game, it has to come from somewhere. Now I understand why you have trouble counting, it's because you know Jack squad about economics. At least try to read better and keep stuff away from me that has nothing to do with my original answer.

It seems you cant read after all, or at least understand what you read. Let me explain it to you:

-This is a post regarding an issue anet has with his in-game gem purchase, it doesn't ask (or at least not me) where else can you buy gems.

-If anet has its supported retailers why should i or anyone give their cc information to other third party not supported sellers?

Seems like you know Jack squad about internet information security or transactions.

@"FOX.3582" said:Here in Europe we pay safely with Ideal bank transactions. I am really sorry that you still live in a third-world country.I think there's some (understandable) confusion about that last point. There are official retailers, who pay ANet directly for gem cards. Then there are unofficial retailers, who do not pay ANet.

• With an official retailer, if there is a problem, both the dealer and ANet will work to make it right.
  • With an unofficial retailer, ANet can do nothing if the retailer makes a mistake or otherwise won't honor the purchase.
  • With an unofficial retailer, the source of the gems is unclear. It could (and has in the past) come from stolen credit cards.

What people are trying to tell you is that they can't find the company you mentioned on the official list of retailers. And some are finding it suspicious that a company is making a profit selling those gems at that level of discount.

(And as noted, the OP was asking about how to fix a problem with the in-game tool for purchasing gems, so it's not necessarily useful to them to be shown a Dutch website.)

The official NE sites I found are:

Here's the official 'Authorized Retailers' for Gem Cards:

Authorized Retailers

If you're looking for a place to purchase a Gem Card, look to these authorized retailers in your region:

Global Retailers: GameStop, AmazonNorth America: Walmart, Target, Best Buy, NeweggEurope: MediaMarkt, GAME, Saturn, Micromania

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/230890448-How-to-use-a-Gem-Card

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"FOX.3582" said:Here in Europe we pay safely with Ideal bank transactions. I am really sorry that you still live in a third-world country.I think there's some (understandable) confusion about that last point. There are official retailers, who pay ANet directly for gem cards. Then there are unofficial retailers, who do not pay ANet.
  • With an official retailer, if there is a problem, both the dealer and ANet will work to make it right.
  • With an unofficial retailer, ANet can do nothing if the retailer makes a mistake or otherwise won't honor the purchase.
  • With an unofficial retailer, the source of the gems is unclear. It could (and has in the past) come from stolen credit cards.

What people are trying to tell you is that they can't find the company you mentioned on the official list of retailers. And some are finding it suspicious that a company is making a profit selling those gems at that level of discount.

(And as noted, the OP was asking about how to fix a problem with the in-game tool for purchasing gems, so it's not necessarily useful to them to be shown a Dutch website.)

The
:

I only linked that website to show it was cheaper for me because OP didn’t believe me, ofc I know it is of no use to OP.

@FOX.3582 said:I only linked that website to show it was cheaper for me because OP didn’t believe me, ofc I know it is of no use to OP.Sure, I get that.And of course you're right: some people buy websites to save a bit of money.

What I was trying to clarify is that others weren't concerned with the price or whether the company selling you the card is a legitimate business. They were saying it's not clear that it's an official retailer. And if it's not, then there's a serious risk of one's money going to waste.

Got it solved, had to open a ticket, once they responded cs got it fixed fast.

@tallseth.9104 said:Ticket # 7221643. I'm having the same issue detailed in this thread. I'm not feeling so confident that I just gave a company my credit card info and have no response on anything. I tried twice, to see if I did something wrong. Now I'm super worried I will be charged twice. :(

I tried 5 times before they fixed it, I didn't get charged in any of those attempts.

• ArenaNet Staff

Here's a reminder: Payment issues are very personal, and we need to be able to help you on a direct and confidential level. Please submit a ticket by clicking "Support" at the very top of this page, then choosing "Submit a Ticket" at the top right of that Guild Wars 2 Support page. Select 'Purchase & Billing Support" as the reason for the ticket. This will ensure it goes into a special queue that is handled by payments experts, and they usually can help you quite quickly.

Posting on the forums really won't get you the help you need, so please do submit a ticket so we can assist you!

Thanks.

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:Here's a reminder: Payment issues are very personal, and we need to be able to help you on a direct and confidential level. Please submit a ticket by clicking "Support" at the very top of this page, then choosing "Submit a Ticket" at the top right of that Guild Wars 2 Support page. Select 'Purchase & Billing Support" as the reason for the ticket. This will ensure it goes into a special queue that is handled by payments experts, and they usually can help you quite quickly.

Posting on the forums really won't get you the help you need, so please do submit a ticket so we can assist you!

Thanks.

Why are so many people having this problem? Why does ArenaNet refuse to fix the underlying problem, which is probably Digital River? Why do you insist that EVERYONE submit a ticket instead of fixing the REAL problem once and for all?

Maybe because not 'everyone' has a problem? Just some players experience an issue? You can be sure if there was a game-wide issue, there would be more than the handful of posts over the 7 months, and one player's resolution would have fixed it for everyone.

Be careful what you wish for, some other payment provider might be even worse in your eyes.

Might actually be an issue with Mastercard, Visa etc... I know many cashpoints and pay machines went down all of a sudden where I live due to processing system issues.. when it happens it's not just one card that gets errors it a plethora cos they all transact into the same mastercard/visa payment system.. paypal will be linked to your banks/credit cards via the same system.. visa, visa debit, access, etc.. at least that my very limited understanding of it.If it is an issue with the transacting/processing, then there is very little ANET or even Digy River can do about it as it will be outside of their sphere of influence :0