Unable to purchase gems [Merged] - Page 3 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Unable to purchase gems [Merged]

Comments

• Players are encourage to buy from Authorized Retailers. Other sites may be cheaper, but ArenaNet does not support them, nor do those Gem Cards support ArenaNet.

• Can't say I see it on the list of Authorized Retailers.

• Aegon.7394Aegon.7394 Member ✭✭
    edited January 28, 2019

@FOX.3582 said:

@Aegon.7394 said:

@FOX.3582 said:

@Aegon.7394 said:

@FOX.3582 said:
    Buy gems from a card-store (you can google them), you can redeem the code in-game, plus you get more gems for your money.

Nope, you get less, also why should anyone do this? just because anet and whateverthename is company cant get their stuff working?

People buy the gems cards when they are cheaper, not because it is easier or whatever. This screenshot is from the website that I always buy from, in the in-game gem shop I pay €10,- for 800 gems. Can you count?

Can you read?

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:
    Players are encourage to buy from Authorized Retailers. Other sites may be cheaper, but ArenaNet does not support them, nor do those Gem Cards support ArenaNet.

Yes of course, but what does that have to do with me? You said it ain't cheaper, I said it is and even showed it. If it's supported or not has nothing to do with your or OP's question. Also, I can not imagine Arenanet missing revenue on those gem-cards, because they are completely legal. A third company can't just put currency in the game, it has to come from somewhere. Now I understand why you have trouble counting, it's because you know Jack squad about economics. At least try to read better and keep stuff away from me that has nothing to do with my original answer.

It seems you cant read after all, or at least understand what you read. Let me explain it to you:

-This is a post regarding an issue anet has with his in-game gem purchase, it doesn't ask (or at least not me) where else can you buy gems.

-If anet has its supported retailers why should i or anyone give their cc information to other third party not supported sellers?

Seems like you know Jack squad about internet information security or transactions.

• @FOX.3582 said:
    Here in Europe we pay safely with Ideal bank transactions. I am really sorry that you still live in a third-world country.

I think there's some (understandable) confusion about that last point. There are official retailers, who pay ANet directly for gem cards. Then there are unofficial retailers, who do not pay ANet.

• With an official retailer, if there is a problem, both the dealer and ANet will work to make it right.
    • With an unofficial retailer, ANet can do nothing if the retailer makes a mistake or otherwise won't honor the purchase.
    • With an unofficial retailer, the source of the gems is unclear. It could (and has in the past) come from stolen credit cards.

What people are trying to tell you is that they can't find the company you mentioned on the official list of retailers. And some are finding it suspicious that a company is making a profit selling those gems at that level of discount.

(And as noted, the OP was asking about how to fix a problem with the in-game tool for purchasing gems, so it's not necessarily useful to them to be shown a Dutch website.)

The official NE sites I found are:

Hype is the path to the dark side. Hype leads to unfulfilled expectations. Disappointment leads to anger. Anger leads to disgust. Disgust leads to "oh, new shinies! I'm back!"

• Here's the official 'Authorized Retailers' for Gem Cards:

Authorized Retailers

If you're looking for a place to purchase a Gem Card, look to these authorized retailers in your region:

Global Retailers: GameStop, Amazon
    North America: Walmart, Target, Best Buy, Newegg
    Europe: MediaMarkt, GAME, Saturn, Micromania

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/230890448-How-to-use-a-Gem-Card

• FOX.3582FOX.3582 Member ✭✭✭

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@FOX.3582 said:
    Here in Europe we pay safely with Ideal bank transactions. I am really sorry that you still live in a third-world country.

I think there's some (understandable) confusion about that last point. There are official retailers, who pay ANet directly for gem cards. Then there are unofficial retailers, who do not pay ANet.

• With an official retailer, if there is a problem, both the dealer and ANet will work to make it right.
    • With an unofficial retailer, ANet can do nothing if the retailer makes a mistake or otherwise won't honor the purchase.
    • With an unofficial retailer, the source of the gems is unclear. It could (and has in the past) come from stolen credit cards.

What people are trying to tell you is that they can't find the company you mentioned on the official list of retailers. And some are finding it suspicious that a company is making a profit selling those gems at that level of discount.

(And as noted, the OP was asking about how to fix a problem with the in-game tool for purchasing gems, so it's not necessarily useful to them to be shown a Dutch website.)

The official NE sites I found are:

I only linked that website to show it was cheaper for me because OP didn’t believe me, ofc I know it is of no use to OP.

• @FOX.3582 said:
    I only linked that website to show it was cheaper for me because OP didn’t believe me, ofc I know it is of no use to OP.

Sure, I get that.
    And of course you're right: some people buy websites to save a bit of money.

What I was trying to clarify is that others weren't concerned with the price or whether the company selling you the card is a legitimate business. They were saying it's not clear that it's an official retailer. And if it's not, then there's a serious risk of one's money going to waste.

Hype is the path to the dark side. Hype leads to unfulfilled expectations. Disappointment leads to anger. Anger leads to disgust. Disgust leads to "oh, new shinies! I'm back!"

• Got my problem solved, had to open a ticket and cs got it done.

• Got it solved, had to open a ticket, once they responded cs got it fixed fast.

@tallseth.9104 said:
    Ticket # 7221643. I'm having the same issue detailed in this thread. I'm not feeling so confident that I just gave a company my credit card info and have no response on anything. I tried twice, to see if I did something wrong. Now I'm super worried I will be charged twice. :(

I tried 5 times before they fixed it, I didn't get charged in any of those attempts.

• biqua.6845biqua.6845 Member
    edited January 31, 2019

Throwing my hat in the ring with the same problem. Ticket #7226117.
    Edit: After about 12 hours it magically resolved itself. Still don't know what the issue was.

• @biqua.6845 said:
    Throwing my hat in the ring with the same problem. Ticket #7226117.
    Edit: After about 12 hours it magically resolved itself. Still don't know what the issue was.

Make sure to close your ticket by replying to the automated response with, "I no longer need help."

• I am getting the following message when I try to confirm the purchase: "This offer is currently not available. Please try again later." I have been trying for two days now and still, the same error. help?

• For help, you can contact the Billing CS Team via the 'Support' link above/below (Submit a Ticket).

Good luck.

• can't buy gems - payment is not going thru - trust me - its broken on ANET side...please fix

• crazydps.4159crazydps.4159 Member
    edited January 31, 2019

yeah, i tried to buy gems tonight - nothing is working and i sure hope my card does not get charged multiple times for trying i'll go bat kitten crazy...

• edited January 31, 2019

Here's a reminder: Payment issues are very personal, and we need to be able to help you on a direct and confidential level. Please submit a ticket by clicking "Support" at the very top of this page, then choosing "Submit a Ticket" at the top right of that Guild Wars 2 Support page. Select 'Purchase & Billing Support" as the reason for the ticket. This will ensure it goes into a special queue that is handled by payments experts, and they usually can help you quite quickly.

Posting on the forums really won't get you the help you need, so please do submit a ticket so we can assist you!

Thanks.

Gaile Gray
    Communications Manager: ArenaNet
    Fansite & Guild Relations; In-Game Events; Community Showcase Live

• Maybe because not 'everyone' has a problem? Just some players experience an issue? You can be sure if there was a game-wide issue, there would be more than the handful of posts over the 7 months, and one player's resolution would have fixed it for everyone.

Be careful what you wish for, some other payment provider might be even worse in your eyes.

• Had the same problem this morning and will now miss the farming mats I was hoping to get on sale.

Oh well, saves me some money I guess.

• Didn´t had the the problem by using Paysafecards

• Same problem here with MasterCard. "Unfortunately an error has occurred. Please try again later!"

• I too am having the problem. Tried both my credit card and paypal, both gave the same error.

I really dont want to miss out on the sale going on, so im kinda upset.

• Bloodstealer.5978Bloodstealer.5978 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2, 2019

Might actually be an issue with Mastercard, Visa etc... I know many cashpoints and pay machines went down all of a sudden where I live due to processing system issues.. when it happens it's not just one card that gets errors it a plethora cos they all transact into the same mastercard/visa payment system.. paypal will be linked to your banks/credit cards via the same system.. visa, visa debit, access, etc.. at least that my very limited understanding of it.
    If it is an issue with the transacting/processing, then there is very little ANET or even Digy River can do about it as it will be outside of their sphere of influence :0

Life is what YOU make it... NOT what others tell you!

• i have the same problem and i thought that something goes wrong with my credit card. But as i see the problem isn't that.

• Unable to complete any amount of gem purchase, no matter what payment method I'm using. I select the amount, fill information, check the checkbox and hit confirm. For a second it says transaction in progress, however after that message appears 'unfortunately an error has occured' for half a second'.

Whats the matter, Anet doesnt want my money anymore?

• Raina.9438Raina.9438 Member
    edited February 8, 2019

I tried purchasing Upgrade to PoF and got the same thing. Couldn't even get it on the site, it errored out. Switched to try Gems and it failed as well. Same error.

Looks like there was already a thread for this though

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/49588/unable-to-purchase-gems#latest

• Ione.4621Ione.4621 Member ✭✭

Unable to buy gems or redeem any of the gem cards I have (Ticket #7234804).

I am totally shocked that a company doesn't ensure the method of them gaining money is so flaky. It puts people off. One of my friends had this issue trying to buy the GW2 HoT xpac and game and had this happen. Put them off totally after the 3rd attempt and I don't blame him.

This really should be a priority as if you can't buy gems, there is no point in updating teh gem store and a bunch of people are simply unable to purchase anything there due to delays with support and a working financial back end

• Well seems to of been fixed for me so +1 for that I guess. Was frustrating but what can you do, technology is both a boon and a bane

• Same issue for me today. Tried three times, opened a ticket.

• @Teleri.7124 said:
    Why do you insist that EVERYONE submit a ticket instead of fixing the REAL problem once and for all?

Probably because it's a more efficient and secure means of information gathering. Maybe there is a trend.. say only oceanic payment gateways or w/e is one issue and there is another completely unrelated account issue affecting the rest.
    Easier to get that information and more through a support ticket then through forum posts. It's also more orderly and easier to manage from a support perspective.

But still I feel ya pain..

shutup and take my money!!

• Shadowrayne.5819Shadowrayne.5819 Member
    edited February 10, 2019

This is getting ridiculous. I originally had this problem 2 weeks ago. Submitted a support ticket. Took them about 4 days to fix it. I was able to buy a bundle of gems.

Fast foward to today, i go and try to buy another bundle of gems... nope. Doesnt work. This time im not even getting an error message. Its just jumping back to the screen with the "which amount of gems do you wish to purchase" selection. I have now re-opened my support ticket in hopes that this gets fixed.. yet again. Im not really happy that Im going to have to wait another several days. Missing out on specials on the store does NOT make me happy.

Anet Support: You need to pass this issue along to the next tier. I get that you can only help each issue on a one by one basis, but the root cause of this problem NEEDS to be fixed. Its making people not want to spend money on your product.

• I have same problem with buying gems by credit card, I put in a ticket on Jan 8 and i still haven't any response from support.

• @Explosan.7250 said:
    I have same problem with buying gems by credit card, I put in a ticket on Jan 8 and i still haven't any response from support.

If you never received the near-immediate automated response(email), you can create a new ticket. (Make sure to check spam/junk folders.)
    If you did received the automated response(email), you can update your ticket (by replying to said email), which will re-open the ticket should it have been inadvertently closed.

Good luck.

• Aediph.2873Aediph.2873 Member ✭✭
    edited February 20, 2019

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:
    Might actually be an issue with Mastercard, Visa etc... I know many cashpoints and pay machines went down all of a sudden where I live due to processing system issues.. when it happens it's not just one card that gets errors it a plethora cos they all transact into the same mastercard/visa payment system.. paypal will be linked to your banks/credit cards via the same system.. visa, visa debit, access, etc.. at least that my very limited understanding of it.
    If it is an issue with the transacting/processing, then there is very little ANET or even Digy River can do about it as it will be outside of their sphere of influence :0

Just stumbled upon this thread a few minutes ago, I've been having a purchasing problem since last night. That actually makes sense if ANET is having trouble finding a solution. To further add weight to what you're saying, I was able to buy twice last night, before going ahead with a 3rd one and having the transaction fall through repeatedly with no error that I can see. (nothing else besides the first two successful transactions are pending)

I went ahead and created a CS ticket earlier today.
    Edit: The transaction went through successfully, not sure what exactly was causing it, but I'm betting it's as you said Bloodstealer.
    Ticket updated and closed

• Same issue here, I go to pay and it goes right back to the gem amounts, no purchase made. Tried twice tonight.

• Bloodstealer.5978Bloodstealer.5978 Member ✭✭✭✭

Wondering if certain transaction systems are having mares at moment.. where I live Visa transactions have been dodgy again, with shops unable to use there machines (my daughter has a part time job in a local store and its been fun times for her with queues all around as shoppers are unable to pay with cards and have no cash on them so they have to then queue up at the cashpoint outside to get some only to find the machine is up and down like a yoyo... To add contactless payments in a variety of shops and services have been unreliable for the last 2 days... I am guessing maybe these transaction systems are being targeted by DDOS or something .. we will likely find out in a year or two when its too late.

Life is what YOU make it... NOT what others tell you!

• Having this same issue.
    Support has already replied to me in my ticket that I should be able to purchase gems now, but I still cant. Still getting the same error message. I remember years ago having to do something odd that worked, like logging in and out of master account and restarting the game at the same time. It's been so long I've forgotten how I used to get around this. Anyone find any solutions?

• Apparently I have the same problem. Instead of opening a support ticket, I've decided to save my 35 eur. I don't play GW2 often enough to jump through hoops to give you money.
    You should really consider getting rid of Digital River.

• Chaba.5410Chaba.5410 Member ✭✭✭✭

Is buying gems down atm? I just bought gems two days ago for a different account.

https://imgur.com/MkTifJ2

• ShadowBumble.3504ShadowBumble.3504 Member
    edited March 9, 2019

I have the same problem as most people here. I will make a ticket. Always : "an error has accurd" with all payment options. I havent logged in for 4 months. today is 9-3-2019. from 2 PM i have this problem. I need to buy me some gold, exchange rate is as we speak 1040 gems for 250 gold. Any delay will mean i will pay much more hard earned euro's for the same amount of gems. unexeptable. I'm almost a day one player with more then 1,5k euro spend on this game. you devs can verify.

20:26 PM 9-3-2019:
    prices have dropped to 988 gems for 250 gold. This is a very good exchange rate. Hope this BS is not going to cost me.

• Same problem for me. Submitted a ticket. By the time it's fixed, I might not even want to spend the money.
    This issue seems to be rather common and i think they're shooting themselves in the foot by going though Digital River, and
    possibly losing A LOT of money.

• Zynen.1796Zynen.1796 Member
    edited March 10, 2019

I'm having the same problem. I cannot purchase Gems. It's a bit frustrating. I submitted (7263226: Cannot Purchase Gems).

• Same problem. Worked 2 weeks ago - now nothing. Sniff.

• Same issues as the people above, hoping for a very quick fix so I don't miss out on some offers.

• Having this same issue. Stumbled on this thread. Seems a little insane to me. These types of transactions need to be tight and easy and they aren't somehow for you guys.

• Xen.7564Xen.7564 Member
    edited March 12, 2019

And I just lost Glint's Gaze and Glowing Crimson Mask. Not only the special offer but they aren't available anymore. Issue persisting after 14-18 hours. So upset :(...

• Update
    Got great assistance from the billing department and a GM (Ultra Viper) after writing a ticket and my issue was resolved (and quickly too!).

• I'm having this problem. I submitted a ticket last night. Hoping it gets resolved quickly so I can get the sale today and start LW S3. Fingers crossed! It's hard to find gem cards to buy these days, unfortunately. Maaaaybe at Best Buy. Gamestop, Walmart, and Target don't have them, and Amazon only has from third party sellers.

• I'm having this problem and submitted a ticket last night too.

Anet please hurry up , promotion will end.....

• Mavein.3214Mavein.3214 Member ✭✭

Hopefully they work on the weekends.....been waiting for new character slot for 2 weeks and its finally here and alas.....cant buy gems BOOOOOOOOOOO

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.