[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

@"BlueIce.6951" said:

1. Put a lock on withdrawing/using items from the guild material storage to one open interface at a time. Maybe an alert could come up, that the guild material storage is currently in use.

This is likely to run into problems, especially in larger guilds where several people may want to use it at the same time, and it is also heavily open to trolling.

You know what I'd love? A way to queue "teleport to a waypoint while in combat" so that I can warp as soon as I leave combat.

imagine that you want to go elsewhere, and just as you are about to click on the waypoint (which took you like 10 seconds to locate because "gosh, the map is huge") you get hit by a random warg... and now you gotta close the map, deal with the nuisance, and restart the process? This has happened several times and it's driving me crazy.

Maybe I should just click the waypoint to place it in my chat to shortcut the process (to the annoyance of everybody else in the map chat...). ._.

edit: maybe enable this only for pve. Though I can't imagine how it'd actually be exploitable in wvw... if you are in combat and looking at the map, I doubt you'll be able to click any waypoint before already being dead. :P

@"Skotlex.7580" said:You know what I'd love? A way to queue "teleport to a waypoint while in combat" so that I can warp as soon as I leave combat.

imagine that you want to go elsewhere, and just as you are about to click on the waypoint (which took you like 10 seconds to locate because "gosh, the map is huge") you get hit by a random warg... and now you gotta close the map, deal with the nuisance, and restart the process? This has happened several times and it's driving me crazy.

Maybe I should just click the waypoint to place it in my chat to shortcut the process (to the annoyance of everybody else in the map chat...). ._.

edit: maybe enable this only for pve. Though I can't imagine how it'd actually be exploitable in wvw... if you are in combat and looking at the map, I doubt you'll be able to click any waypoint before already being dead. :P

On that same note, it would be nice if things like WP or mounts would not be disabled in combat, but instead converted to a long, interruptible channeled skill. So, if the game has decided you're in combat for some BS reason, but you can sit still and not take any damage for six seconds or so, you can still use those abilities.

I would like to see Aura Item Previews within the wardrobe and optioned on trade post or pinged in chat while at the same time having the ability to turn off other player auras. Will cause more gold sink but also give others an idea of what they want their character to look like, to help tell a story. Could also increase gemstore sales based on combos.

@"Ryan.7583" said:Maybe Anet could clean "Open world" category in LFG tool.Now there are slots for every map from living world - can't you compress them into one category?Most of them are empty anyway.

I would also like a cleanup to LFG, but have a different take on the proposal.

Open World

• original set of maps (each with its own posting by zone: Ascalon; Kryta; Maguuma Jungle; Shiverpeak Mountains; Orr)
  • living world season 1 & 2 (combined into one posting: Dry top; Silverwastes, Southsun Cove; Labyrinthine Cliffs [which should be permanent zone])
  • HoT (combined into one posting: Verdant Brink; Auric Basin; Tangled Depths; Dragon's Stand)
  • Living World Season 3 (combined into one posting: Bloodstone Fen; Ember Bay; Bitterfrost Frontier; Lake Doric; Draconis Mons; Siren's Landing)
  • PoF (combined into one posting: Crystal Oasis; Desert Highlands; Elon Riberlands; The Desolation; Domain of Vabbi)
  • Living World Season 4 (combined into one posting: Domain of Istan; Sandswept Isles; Domain of Kourna; Jahai Bluffs; Thunderhead Peaks)
  • World Bosses (all bosses from all zones)
  • Dungeons (combine all dungeons)
  • Fractals
  • Raids

Further I suggest a checkbox option for each category that would be something like the list below. I am thinking that you set what you are willing or looking to do for each map/section and in the LFG posting area it would show "someone wants to Mentor" or something similar. When a person clicks on that entry, it pops up on your screen either as a party/squad request or like the map empty notice or PvP team balance notice.

• Will Mentor
  • Will do story
  • Will do achievements
  • Will do side story
  • Will do Meta (for HOT, LS, and POF maps)
  • Will do dailies
  • Will do Role-Play
  • Will do Festival
  • Will do bounties (maybe for PoF and LS 4+ maps but might not be necessary with the other options)

That will reduce the really huge lists and remove some of the confusion about where you post items. It is really kind of silly to have a listing for everything broken out as they currently do. For example, I have seen postings for boss trains in "Central Tyria - Squads", "World Bosses", and the specific map entry. It would also work for achievements, story, or meta's that end up crossing maps.

There is a lot to this that would need cleaned up or tested, but I would really love to see something that is easier for me to use to advertise that I am looking to do any of: Story progress; map complete; elite collection; mount collection (griffin or beetle); meta; all bounties in first PoF maps. As well as saying I can mentor/squad lead for HP train in Auric Basin.

I think there should also be a change to the WvW section in that you list your server for now so you don't accidentally squad up with competing servers. When the rework to the world server thing happens, maybe have a similar check list for the eternal battlegrounds maps and for each of the land maps.

In WvW, some ppl who use a waypoint have slow computers and their map takes too long to load. When the map loads, the waypoint is contested and their computer loads their map spawn instead, which means twice the loading time, sometimes can be up to 5 minutes in total

Waypoints should be changed so you arrive as soon as you start, and then your toon just waits for the computer to finish loading everything

The Bank window should have a tick option, for if we put our mouse over an item in our inventory, if there's a same one in the Bank, the bank one will flash or have a starry aura around it, so we can see where it is

If it has not been mentioned before, PLEASE make personal merchants (usable only by the owner) so they cannot be interacted with by anyone but the owner. People placing their merchant over nodes is very frustrating (i know it can also be an auto-spawn if bags full). Trying to find the node to click on it to bypass the merchant is also a pain sometimes.

I forgot to mention another QOL issue i wouldn't mind having. Just like in your character inventory you have a Deposit all Materials option. It would be nice to have that option in the Account Vault. There are times you pull stuff out of material storage (mystic forge recipes, for example) but still have the same material in the account vault since you had more than the material storage would allow. There are other ways materials end up in the vault and not the material storage area. It would be nice to have the deposit option to help clean up the vault. Thanks.

@DeadMeat.8724 said:If it has not been mentioned before, PLEASE make personal merchants (usable only by the owner) so they cannot be interacted with by anyone but the owner. People placing their merchant over nodes is very frustrating (i know it can also be an auto-spawn if bags full). Trying to find the node to click on it to bypass the merchant is also a pain sometimes.

There are personal merchants right now but still other players can click them which is true, can lead to very frustrating situations when you can not click on NPC you want..

Suggestion: Make the "Deposit All Materials" and "Compact" Options menu items, buttons at the top of the Inventory screen. Make the buttons big so they are easy to hit, unlike the small Options gear.

And/Or, provide an auto-deposit-all-materials setting.

In the Account Vault Material Storage, provide the ability to sort by stack size. i.e. I want to find all my full stacks so I can sell off the excess.

I would like to suggest allow to set custom name in each bank tab (eg. loot bags, equipment). It would be easier to find and organize stuffs in the bank.Since each tab doesn't have name, I find frustrated to scroll up and down / hide tab which reset itself always on each access.Imagine devs are keep on expanding bank, and you can't remember item name...

Heirloom trinkets!

I think Bloodbound weapons are awesome due to their account bound and leveling scaling functionality. Unfortunately, 250 Provisioner Tokens per weapon is way out of the league of casual players. Can we get some green quality Bloodbound gears (preferably trinkets since they’re usable by all professions) that cost like 30 Provisioner Tokens each?

As an altoholic, account bound level scaling trinkets would be amazing to have. On a side note, heirloom gears in WoW also give experience bonus per piece (like +10% XP per piece).