Black Lion Trading Post: Difficulty selling [Merged]

kathy.8291

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"mauried.5608" said:There is also now a lot of delay in selling items when the quantity is over 100 or more.eg you have a truckload of useless but sellable stuff like mithril ore or low grade wood.Sometimes the sale produces an uninformative error message , and you have to try again, eventually the sale works.

There's a hell of a lot of lag just selling single items as well... actually getting the TP to display the "I wanna sell" part can be like grinding teeth, then when you put you price, qty etc in and hit sell... it takes an eternity a lot of the time.It has definitely gotten worse, it's like going back to use 56k modems for server comms it is soo bad :)

@Deepcuts.9740 said:I am getting the impression they actually have no idea how to fix some of the more persistent bugs.I mean I can understand not fixing old bugs. No money from that.But the trading post?

Or is it something that is outside their control, maybe how/where it's hosted perhaps. This isn't something that is new it has been happening for more than a few months, it's just got so bad it is much more noticeable to a lot more people now.

@Deepcuts.9740 said:What are you saying? Hosting for their own servers is outside their control?

They dont host their own servers so yea,

You would think that the TP would be top of the list of things to make sure works, even if they dont host their own servers anymore, they should be on to whoever does, given Anet push alot of content into the TP its kind of important that it works.

This morning the delay for me on the TP was around 25-30 seconds.

@Deepcuts.9740 said:What are you saying? Hosting for their own servers is outside their control?

What makes you think that the issue is their servers?

What if the issue is that the volume of requests increased from x to 10x due to a recent change? Then they need to find a way to increase the capacity of the system without any of us noticing that they are working on the system.

I don't know what the issue is. I don't know if they've decided the symptoms are too minor to get prioritized over other issues.

In short there are lots of reasons for ANet not to have resolved this yet.

I second the complaint. The TP has been hideously slow for several months now. Not just the holiday rush, but before, during and now after. Like everyone else, I delay emptying bags until I am forced to, then sell it off. Typically I open both a vendor and the TP, and work down the inventory, vendoring things that won't go on the TP, and deciding on the TP to either sell immediately or list, as some price. In every instance, there is a palpable delay before the TP returns to my list of things to sell.

It occurs at different times of day, so doesn't seem to be related to number of players logged in, which suggests a different kind of situation going on.

One solution to the latency that I have experienced is to use the TP interface for selling while I am in a home instance (any of the capitals). One issue that people have to understand is that the client is communicating data simultaneously with other clients besides servers. Going into an instance (alone) might reduce some of the load on your client.

I am on the West Coast, US. I play on Mac and use 'I am Evon Gnashblade' mode.

I experience frequent delays on both buy and sell orders. Additionally, money for cancelled orders is also delayed. Sometimes I manage to put a new order or cancel another one before the money appears in the delivery box.

Lately, I also noticed a glitch with freshly account-bound items. If I unlock a skin when the TP window is open the game incorrectly lists this newly bound item as still sellable. If I try to sell them I receive an error message. Compacting inventory or closing/re-opening TP seems to solve this error.

BLTC seems really bad around this time.... lags every trade, and in one instance even 'froze up' completely for 2mins because it couldnt connect to the server.

I see the other thread that was talking about it got deleted, so I assume this one will too because they dont want to hear people bellyaching how bad the experience with BLTC is.

For me it simply stopped working altogether about 2 weeks ago for no apparent reason.Tried all the troubleshooting ideas out there. Remove cache, reinstall, the netsh thing, a different user on my computer, all with the same result.It always gives me this error dialogue: net::ERR_ABORTED

I got the error net::ERR_ABORTED to disappear and the trading post to work again.Sharing below how I managed this here if others run into the same issue. This works for Windows 10, 64 bit.Hope it can be helpful. :o)

1. Open a prompt as administrator.
  2. Run ipconfig /flushdns
  3. Run ipconfig /registerdns
  4. Open the control panel.a. Go to Network and Sharing Center.b. Click Change adapter settings in the left-hand side menu.c. Right-click the Local Area Connection icon and select Properties in the context menu.d. Select the entry called "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)" and click Properties.e. Select the General tab and change the selected radio button called "Obtain DNS server address automatically" to the radio button called "Use the following DNS server addresses".f. In the field called "Preferred DNS server:" enter the values 8.8.8.8g. In the field called "Alternate DNS server:" enter the values 8.8.4.4h. Click Ok and close all opened windows.
  5. Start the game again and the trading post should now work.

• 2 weeks later...

@"Mea.5491" said:I recorded a video of the issue, sorry for the HORRIBLE quality, I'm not familiar with recording stuff but I hope this helps a bit... :) It shows the problem: some items sell crazy fast but some take FOREVER! Gameplay is smooth, no lag, no disconnections, steady 60-80 ping, EU servers! This has been an issue for weeks.

https://youtu.be/iEyfEp8fOsY

This video makes my TP look fast... Takes 5-15 seconds to sell or list each item. Maybe I need to reinstall GW2?

• 2 months later...