Is it possible we could get more Mastery Insights for Central Tyria?

@brynn rayleen.8143 said:I know there are other ways, but I'd still like to have the Mastery Insights for Central Tyria. I like having the options plus they're fun to get to most of the time. Thanks for the link!

What's fun about walking up to something and communing with it? What you're really saying is it's easy. And I get that people would rather have more easy mastery points in core tyria than currently exist, but then, unlocking all masteries in say Heart of Thorns isn't that easy either.

If you're not doing Fractals you don't need Fractal Masteries. If you are doing fractals you'll get enough points from doing Fractals to get Fractal masteries. That leaves legedenary weapons and Pact Commander. You have enough points you can easily get to get pact commander, which mean means some of the legendary weapon ones will be harder to get. Keep in mind you don't need them for gen 1 legendaries anyway. Only Gen 2.

I don't really see how it's bad the way it is. The system is designed to take people out of their comfort zone and make them solve the puzzle of how to get the materies they need.

Keep in mind if you have LS Season 2, you get 8 just for doing the story.

• Thanks 1

^this.

Mastery insights are a lazy option, and they were added only because players were complaining about how hard maxing their Core Tyria masteries was.

I don't think it was ever 'hard', just time-consuming. You never needed to be a hardcore player to max them out; you just had to do a little bit of this and a little bit of that. Silverwastes, fractals, world completion etc., pretty casual stuff. Annoying sometimes, sure, but not actually hard.

Now with the added insights, maxing the masteries is definitely not hard. It allows you to skip some of the more pesky and time-consuming tasks, not to mention the easy 8 you can grab from LS2. If they decided to add more CT mastery insights, the whole idea of 'horizontal progression' and whatever challenge acquiring mastery points now has would go out the window.

@brynn rayleen.8143 said:I know there are other ways, but I'd still like to have the Mastery Insights for Central Tyria. I like having the options plus they're fun to get to most of the time. Thanks for the link!

There are already more options for earning points in Central Tyria relative to the total needed compared to HoT or PoF.

• 49 required for Core; 82 available.
  • 112 in HoT; 138 available. LS3 adds 24 so 136 with 186 available. (Not counting raids.)
  • 52 for basic mounts in PoF; 86 available. Griffon 12 for 64 from 86. Including LS4 means 90 required from 120 available.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

There are already more options for earning points in Central Tyria relative to the total needed compared to HoT or PoF.
  • 112 in HoT; 138 available. LS3 adds 24 so 136 with 186 available. (Not counting raids.)
  • 52 for basic mounts in PoF; 86 available. Griffon 12 for 64 from 86. Including LS4 means 90 required from 120 available.Well that comparison misses some important dimensions.1) The percentage comparison is not a good comparison. Surplus is a better one in my view. So core has a surplus amount of 33. HoT has a surplus of 50 and PoF a surplus of 30.2) Then look at the ease and speed of acquiring them. And this is the biggest issue. Core points are generally a lot more work and challenging to get.3) Lastly, HoT and PoF mastery points are open world and story related. You are right not to count raid points because they don't come into play until you kill your first raid boss and they do not affect your xp bar if you don't do raids. However, the points from fractals are not separate from open world content and not everybody does fractals so how does it look when you subtract the points from fractals? You see that's my main issue because it does affect my xp bar because I don't do fractals and it's a lot trickier to get core tyria points.

All in all my conclusion is that it's a lot easier to get PoF and HoT mastery points maxed than core points and personally I feel that 3-5 points in open world wouldn't be a bad thing, Insights or otherwise.

@Gehenna.3625 said:

@"brynn rayleen.8143" said:I know there are other ways, but I'd still like to have the Mastery Insights for Central Tyria. I like having the options plus they're fun to get to most of the time. Thanks for the link!

• 52 for basic mounts in PoF; 86 available. Griffon 12 for 64 from 86. Including LS4 means 90 required from 120 available.Well that comparison misses some important dimensions.1) The percentage comparison is not a good comparison. Surplus is a better one in my view. So core has a surplus amount of 33. HoT has a surplus of 50 and PoF a surplus of 30.Why isn't percentage useful? There's a huge surplus in Core by comparison and importantly, if you don't fractal or build legendary weapons, there's no use for those mastery lines.

2) Then look at the ease and speed of acquiring them. And this is the biggest issue. Core points are generally a lot more work and challenging to get.Ease & speed are important, but it's not true that core points are "generally a lot more work." There are many that are easy, including a number of fractal achievements. The barrier there is that some people are intimidated by that dungeon. However, there are lots of players who would be happy to help folks get the mastery unlocks.

3) Lastly, HoT and PoF mastery points are open world and story related. However, the points from fractals are not separate from open world content and not everybody does fractals so how does it look when you subtract the points from fractals?Why would you want to ignore some of the easier points to obtain? And even if you did, you're left with 65 available for 38 to max; still a generous amount of wiggle room.

You see that's my main issue because it does affect my xp bar because I don't do fractals and it's a lot trickier to get core tyria points.There are all sorts of sources for spirit shards; XP is only one of them.

All in all my conclusion is that it's a lot easier to get PoF and HoT mastery points maxed than core points and personally I feel that 3-5 points in open world wouldn't be a bad thing, Insights or otherwise.I'm not at all against more mastery points. I just don't see that it's accurate to portray the current situation as a major obstacle.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"brynn rayleen.8143" said:I know there are other ways, but I'd still like to have the Mastery Insights for Central Tyria. I like having the options plus they're fun to get to most of the time. Thanks for the link!

• 52 for basic mounts in PoF; 86 available. Griffon 12 for 64 from 86. Including LS4 means 90 required from 120 available.Well that comparison misses some important dimensions.1) The percentage comparison is not a good comparison. Surplus is a better one in my view. So core has a surplus amount of 33. HoT has a surplus of 50 and PoF a surplus of 30.Why isn't percentage useful? There's a huge surplus in Core by comparison and importantly, if you don't fractal or build legendary weapons, there's no use for those mastery lines.Percentage is not as useful as surplus in this case because of the other factors involved. It would only be the most valid comparison if all other variables like speed and difficulty are also divided equally and they are not as far as I'm concerned.2) Then look at the ease and speed of acquiring them. And this is the biggest issue. Core points are generally a lot more work and challenging to get.Ease & speed are important, but it's not true that core points are "generally a lot more work." There are many that are easy, including a number of fractal achievements. The barrier there is that some people are intimidated by that dungeon. However, there are lots of players who would be happy to help folks get the mastery unlocks.As I mention in my next point fractal points are one of the problems. A lot of people don't do them but do want their xp bars to work again.3) Lastly, HoT and PoF mastery points are open world and story related. However, the points from fractals are not separate from open world content and not everybody does fractals so how does it look when you subtract the points from fractals?Why would you want to ignore some of the easier points to obtain? And even if you did, you're left with 65 available for 38 to max; still a generous amount of wiggle room.I think this is a bit odd of a point for you to make considering the fact that you've been around these forums. You do know that for a variety of reasons a number of people do not want to get involved into structured group content. This issue doesn't exist with HoT and PoF also.You see that's my main issue because it does affect my xp bar because I don't do fractals and it's a lot trickier to get core tyria points.There are all sorts of sources for spirit shards; XP is only one of them.It's not just about the shards. I admit to being someone who has an eye for detail meaning that small things can also annoy me. The fact that my general xp bar no longer works in some areas only by itself annoys me. It's lost xp in core tyria areas where the map completion is the biggest thing for me to do. Having to do fractals to get xp in the open world is just an anomaly to me that irks me.All in all my conclusion is that it's a lot easier to get PoF and HoT mastery points maxed than core points and personally I feel that 3-5 points in open world wouldn't be a bad thing, Insights or otherwise.I'm not at all against more mastery points. I just don't see that it's accurate to portray the current situation as a major obstacle.Not for you, but it is for more casual people who prefer to stay away from group content. I would've preferred it if the fractal mastery was done like raids and not relevant until you start doing them. It's essentially a very different type of content that not everybody likes and does in some way affect the other content by means of blocking the xp bar.

And I think that when you look at the non-fractal points they are definitely harder to get on average.

I maxed 3 accounts without the added Tyria insights because they weren't added until after I finished the 3rd account.

For Fractals, do the dailies! You don't have to be into fractals or even become a fractal master to pick up the MPS, you just have to have a basic understanding of the fractal at hand and if necessary tell the group you're new, most at that level are understanding. Once gained, you don't have to use the MPs on the Fractal mastery, you can use them wherever you want or save them.

If you want one of the masteries now (say Pact), then by all means, go for it, but, plan in advance and gather the MP's as necessary from anywhere you can gain them from while you're also gaining experience, if you fill the bar, switch to one of the other Masteries and train that while still gathering MPs for your main objective.

You'll eventually get everything and maybe even have some MPS left over and you'll never have to step foot in content you dislike again.

There an easy solution to this for all involved. Instead of mastery insights being added, add a button to the mastery interface that allows a player to toggle between mastery gain and XP gain. Each mastery type(core, HoT, PoF) would have it's own toggle.

In the long run it's smarter anyway. That way if you max your bar but don't have enough points for what you want to increase yet, you can toggle it so you don't "lose" XP while you gather those points.

This has always been a pet peeve of mine. I'd max out XP for a mastery but still need more points which rendered anything I did as wasted. Why would I want to keep playing in maps where I don't gain anything?

Anyway that's my two cents.

• 4 years later...
On 2/3/2019 at 3:50 PM, Vayne.8563 said:

What's fun about walking up to something and communing with it? What you're really saying is it's easy. And I get that people would rather have more easy mastery points in core tyria than currently exist, but then, unlocking all masteries in say Heart of Thorns isn't that easy either.

If you're not doing Fractals you don't need Fractal Masteries. If you are doing fractals you'll get enough points from doing Fractals to get Fractal masteries. That leaves legedenary weapons and Pact Commander. You have enough points you can easily get to get pact commander, which mean means some of the legendary weapon ones will be harder to get. Keep in mind you don't need them for gen 1 legendaries anyway. Only Gen 2.

I don't really see how it's bad the way it is. The system is designed to take people out of their comfort zone and make them solve the puzzle of how to get the materies they need.

Keep in mind if you have LS Season 2, you get 8 just for doing the story.

How come you get to decide what other people mean? Who are you to tell them how to feel and what they really mean?

• Like 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1