GEMSTORE REQUESTS: New Items; Items offered again - [Merged]

@"hugo.4705" said:Yup, would have said the same. Definitely "easier" to create combat tonics.

Combat tonics aren't an equivalent product to this, however. This is more like an easier-to-do race change, as a race change would be very difficult to do (quests and skills are linked to race).

Depending on how much gems it costs, it should be well worth it for anet. Especially if people have to buy more than one for more than one appearance, you know people will do that.

@Ronan.9518 said:And if it works like a (combat)- tonic i already can see all the people complaining that they can't mount while being transformed.

That might have to do with animations. Current combat tonics are mostly mobs, right? While this one would have the same animations as any other PC, thus allowing you to mount and keep armour appearances (aside from the changes associated with changing race).

@"Ronan.9518" said:As far as i'm aware, mounting is a kind of"transformation" (code-wise), that why it doesn't work with other transformations. Could be wrong on that though.

That sounds bizarre. Interesting, though. That might be something that could be worked around, but I couldn't say for sure as I don't work for anet doing r&d for GW2 :-P

Still, even if one couldn't mount (for the moment, that might be changed if its true), I could see it being popular. Most PvP areas you can't mount up, as well as most PvE areas, come to think of it (save the open world).

@Isle of Stars.3049 said:Do they even check this?

Nope, this thread is just here to make people think they have some measure of control over what comes back to the store when. If we did, I wouldn't still be waiting going on 5 months now. I don't even feel like playing anymore since I can't look the way I want, I've just been doing dailies and logging off 3 minutes later.

Can we please get a new weapon that resembles a double bladed lightsaber like the one Darth Maul uses? Can it be a staff so daredevil and revenent can go full ham sandwich with it?! But most of all, can we please have a way to dye the color like the spinal blades backpack does?! Tysm! :D

@Gecko.5963 said:I just started playing GW2 again after a few years and saw that there was a gecko skin for the springer mount that was released just over a month ago. Does anyone know if these mount skins will be available for purchase again?

They regularly bring back the skins so I would assume it will come back. It is not always announced though, so I suggest checking the promotion's tab of Black Lion Trading Company interface every few days or so. They also at certain times have free promotions in there so personally I look daily.

@Witch of Doom.5739 said:

@Rendition.1342 said:Strider's armor set, and more individual armor skins in general. It's fun to mix and match different pieces.

Strider's set is back in the GS. It's one of my favorite sets.

Aye, grabbed it first day it returned. Rocking my cosplay since :smile:

Now I'd like to see the phalanx set return for another cosplay I'm trying to do. :lol:

This is probably the most commonly requested NPC clothing. It's also the one I went looking for (and was surprised and disappointed I couldn't buy) when I first decided to get some new town clothes, back before the wardrobe and outfits were introduced.

My guess is the big problem is this would only fit human and sylvari females, and maybe norn females. Whereas outfits need to fit all races and genders.

My answer to that would be to find popularly requested clothing from other NPCs (maybe run a poll to pick some?) and make a new outfit like the Wedding costume and Common Clothing outfit which can be worn by anyone but changes appearance based on the character wearing it. Maybe something that can fit between the common clothing and wedding outfits as a sort of 'smart but not formal dress' outfit.

@Danikat.8537 said:This is probably the most commonly requested NPC clothing. It's also the one I went looking for (and was surprised and disappointed I couldn't buy) when I first decided to get some new town clothes, back before the wardrobe and outfits were introduced.

My guess is the big problem is this would only fit human and sylvari females, and maybe norn females. Whereas outfits need to fit all races and genders.

My answer to that would be to find popularly requested clothing from other NPCs (maybe run a poll to pick some?) and make a new outfit like the Wedding costume and Common Clothing outfit which can be worn by anyone but changes appearance based on the character wearing it. Maybe something that can fit between the common clothing and wedding outfits as a sort of 'smart but not formal dress' outfit.

Am I smelling CULTURAL OUTFITS ?! :o :o :o :o :o

@"Gopaka.7839" said:

@"Danikat.8537" said:This is probably the most commonly requested NPC clothing. It's also the one I went looking for (and was surprised and disappointed I couldn't buy) when I first decided to get some new town clothes, back before the wardrobe and outfits were introduced.

There are sort of already two cultural outfits: the Cook's Outfit and the Wedding Attire Outfit have different designs for each race. Perhaps they could do something similar with this and other cultural NPC clothing?

@Tommo Chocolate.5870 said:

@"Gopaka.7839" said:

@"Danikat.8537" said:This is probably the most commonly requested NPC clothing. It's also the one I went looking for (and was surprised and disappointed I couldn't buy) when I first decided to get some new town clothes, back before the wardrobe and outfits were introduced.

There are sort of already two cultural outfits: the
and the
have different designs for each race. Perhaps they could do something similar with this and other cultural NPC clothing?

The Common Clothing outfit is the same. (The one which used to be the default town clothes, then was changed into a tonic and now you can take the tonic to a Black Lion NPC to get it turned into an outfit.) In each of the 3 formats all characters use the same item but the clothing you get changes based on the character using it. So the tech to do this has been in the game since the beginning. I assume it's the same thing which enables armour to be interchangable between characters, even when they're different shapes and sizes and sometimes the design is different for males and females. It's just the differences are normally a lot more subtle, whereas these 3 outfits have a completely different appearance for each race/gender combination.

But that's only one part of the process of making this dress into an outfit. The fact that it would only fit human and sylvari females (and if we look at it as cultural clothing it wouldn't suit sylvari) isn't a problem. But finding 9 other costumes for the other race/gender combinations to use when they use this outfit might be - there are other costumes NPCs wear which aren't currently available to players, but it would still take some planning to choose them and then the work to create the outfit.

What might be a bigger problem is that I'm pretty sure Anet have said there is some clothing NPCs wear which won't be made available to players, because they want NPCs to have their own look. I think that was specifically about Queen Jennah's dress and some of the Elonian clothing, I don't remember it being applied specifically to this dress, but that might explain why all the previous requests to have it available as an outfit have been ignored.