Would you like Winter's Presence & Nightfury to be convertable into Infusions? [Merged]

@zealex.9410 said:

@"Smeerlap.2698" said:I would like the WInter's Presence to be obtainable with a maximum gold input of 100-200gold (do the winter events 1 week 2 weeks doesn't matter).. the cost of 1000Gold is absolutely RIDICULOUS, for a once a year event/skin.I don't know what Arenanet was thinking, but the only present will be for them, people spending real money to buy gems and gold.. just to afford 1 skin.. ONE SKIN !

The things that would be exclusive to wintersday for the completion of winter's presence can be aquired during the wintersday event. The bulk of the cost is on the drinks and those u can get all year round.

The bulk of the cost is no longer on the drinks. Their share is down to about 100-150 these days. Runes and sigils account for 550-750 gold, mystic coins for 150-200g.

Are these exclusive to the event tho?You wrote that the bulk of the cost is on the drinks. That's no longer true and hasn't been for a while.I didn't address the "exclusive to event" question because none of the costs are dependent on the event, only the completion of achievements.

Looking at the gw2 eff for the skin its around 800~ gold, abit lower than what it was 2 years ago.Yes, that's the total value of all the materials. You can spend a bit more if you buy runes & sigils directly or buy snowflakes (instead of tiny snowflakes).But again, the fraction of the cost that belongs to alcohol|tonics is far, far, far below what it once was. It's no longer the most expensive component. It's now fourth.

The point if the post was to make clear that the bulk of the cost isnt on items exclusively aquired during the 2 week period of wintersday. So when u told me the drink arent anymore the bulk i ask if the runes or mc were.Could you scroll back up and read what you wrote again, then read my reply. It answers your question.

Since there's some confusion about the requirements and costs, here's a summary:

tl;dr the only money to spend during Wintersday is 3 gold. The rest can be completed at any time. Roughly 11% of the cost these days is from alcohol, 36% from runes, 33% from sigils, and 19% from mystic coins.

To see the break down (and see how much you can save by crafting or converting items), visit the crafting calculator at GW2 Efficiency. 968 gold if you just want to make purchases on the TP, 882g if aim for the most cost-efficient sources.

• 3 weeks later...

I'll be honest. I really hate to hide the shoulder piece in this game, some chest skins look just ugly without the shoulder piece. Can we already have Winter's Presence as an infusion? I don't know how all this works, but honestly, how hard can it be? I know this was also posted in 2017, but please Anet. Winter's Presence must have been an infusion since you created it.

• 3 weeks later...

At first I was all for this but now having Aurora I can use on only one character...no. Please do not make this an infusion. And yes I know infusions and trinkets are not the same but all that work and only one character benefits. Bleah. I also got an infusion over Christmas and that can only be on one too.

@Astrolicus.3716 said:I'll be honest. I really hate to hide the shoulder piece in this game, some chest skins look just ugly without the shoulder piece. Can we already have Winter's Presence as an infusion? I don't know how all this works, but honestly, how hard can it be? I know this was also posted in 2017, but please Anet. Winter's Presence must have been an infusion since you created it.

The single #1 reason why I didn't bother completing the collection. I wear shoulders on most of my character, and those that I don't wouldn't work with that effect.

At the same time though, it means it's one less thing for me to spend time grinding, leaving me more time to just play the game. /shrug

@Etria.3642 said:At first I was all for this but now having Aurora I can use on only one character...no. Please do not make this an infusion. And yes I know infusions and trinkets are not the same but all that work and only one character benefits. Bleah. I also got an infusion over Christmas and that can only be on one too.

That makes sense but they could figure out a way maybe that the effect would work over an outfit. I personally wouldn't mind moving it around though like I do with Aurora. I have Aurora as well and for the amount for work and money it took yes it should be an effect on all characters but then we have the same issue of not being able to wear outfits or armor pieces we like.

I'd rather they made a new slot for auras so they can be equipped. Make it work like backpacks so they can be used with outfits as well.Convert some of the infusions into auras so they can be used with outfits and cut down on some of the massive stacking that they have.If they had an aura slot, they could also add all kinds of different effects as rewards or gem items.

But with all that being said, having it as an infusion would be great too because I hate having no shoulders with it on.

• Like 1

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:I don't own these, but I also don't understand why you would want a cosmetic item (infusion) to require you hide another cosmetic item (armor skin).

Yup that's the problem, you wear either of the items for the effect or aura and you can't wear other shoulder or outfits without covering up the expensive beautiful effects.

@"Ayakaru.6583" said:this topic is brought up every year during halloween and wintersday.Not necessarily this specific thread, but the topic arises each time.

Maybe thats a signal for anet to say "hey, maybe I should adress this concern?, or at least explain why we're not adressing it"

A warning to anet, when a popular topic draws only silence, it can make the playerbase feel ignored or silenced, and thus turn to annoyances or rants.

This is true, I'm wondering myself why no response.

• 2 years later...