GEMSTORE REQUESTS: New Items; Items offered again - [Merged]

@Danikat.8537 said:

@"Gopaka.7839" said:

@Danikat.8537 said:This is probably the most commonly requested NPC clothing. It's also the one I went looking for (and was surprised and disappointed I couldn't buy) when I first decided to get some new town clothes, back before the wardrobe and outfits were introduced.

My guess is the big problem is this would only fit human and sylvari females, and maybe norn females. Whereas outfits need to fit all races and genders.

My answer to that would be to find popularly requested clothing from other NPCs (maybe run a poll to pick some?) and make a new outfit like the Wedding costume and Common Clothing outfit which can be worn by anyone but changes appearance based on the character wearing it. Maybe something that can fit between the common clothing and wedding outfits as a sort of 'smart but not formal dress' outfit.

Am I smelling CULTURAL OUTFITS ?! :o :o :o :o :o

There are sort of already two cultural outfits: the
and the
have different designs for each race. Perhaps they could do something similar with this and other cultural NPC clothing?

The
is the same. (The one which used to be the default town clothes, then was changed into a tonic and now you can take the tonic to a Black Lion NPC to get it turned into an outfit.) In each of the 3 formats all characters use the same item but the clothing you get changes based on the character using it. So the tech to do this has been in the game since the beginning. I assume it's the same thing which enables armour to be interchangable between characters, even when they're different shapes and sizes and sometimes the design is different for males and females. It's just the differences are normally a lot more subtle, whereas these 3 outfits have a completely different appearance for each race/gender combination.

Somehow I forgot about that one, even though I use it frequently on several characters precisely because it looks different on each of them!

But that's only one part of the process of making this dress into an outfit. The fact that it would only fit human and sylvari females (and if we look at it as cultural clothing it wouldn't suit sylvari) isn't a problem. But finding 9 other costumes for the other race/gender combinations to use when they use this outfit might be - there are other costumes NPCs wear which aren't currently available to players, but it would still take some planning to choose them and then the work to create the outfit.

Yes, it's not obvious what the asura/charr/norn/sylvari equivalents of this outfit would be, since NPC clothes don't pair up like that. I'm not even sure if there's an obvious male human equivalent...

It appears it's not as hard for them to make it into outfit for all races, as they did that with the Exmplar Attire, which if I recall correctly was solely a human armor before launch, unavailable to players after launch. They even allowed female charr and asura to wear the female version of it which is basically a very feminine corset, so I see no boundries here!

I got lucky with a few of the things I posted in here like the Mistlock Sanctuary and the Exalted gloves. (And just noticed the horns too! Ty!) But I'm going to repost a few and add some. A little upset that I've tried for the shoulders with keys twice now and didn't get them though. Makes it hard to complete a set but there's always statuette saving I guess.

Now that we can preview novelties in the gemstore, is this opening up the possibility of combat tonics making it into the gemstore?

If so:Combat Tonics:

1. Largos
  2. Margonite
  3. Joko
  4. Awakened Canid
  5. Mursaat
  6. Jotun
  7. Krait
  8. Forgotten
  9. Dwarf
  10. Djinn
  11. Anomaly
  12. Monkey King combat version

Outfits/Armor:

1. Melandru outfit
  2. Kormir outfit
  3. Abaddon outfit/armor set - feels like this is what the hellfire gear was originally designed to be.
  4. Double winged backpack and glider set - https://www.engadget.com/2013/09/18/smite-unveils-thanatos-hand-of-death/ Like this guy has in his model for example (or the existing Zerphyrite glider given a matching backpack at least.)
  5. Utopia concept art being made into armor/outfits - Chronomancer & Azetec themes
  6. Some of the awakened models have really elegant Egyptian looking armor that would be cool as armor sets. Especially the ones with the large headgear.
  7. A hood that you can mix and match with other armor similar to Phantom's hood but more like Reaper's mask - would love on my guardian for a Tyraeal theme.

Non-tonic novelties:

1. Crystal throne
  2. Fish tank that you sit in with your swim suit and aquabreather. (just for laughs)
  3. A large stone throne set on a platform like this: https://blenderartists.org/t/stone-throne/699684 But with a big tree behind it with the canopy giving it shade.
  4. A movement toy that is a carriage/curtained throne being carried by four Skritt. Could be bundled with a chair item of the same model and the skritt sitting beside it.
  5. Beach umbrella and beach chair for summer - maybe a boombox with it that plays something fun. Or the lab cliffs theme.

Mount skins:

1. Panther/Tiger jackal skin.
  2. Mordrem themed mounts
  3. Golemn springer skin - jetpack to boost up.
  4. Charr car for roller beetle.
  5. Awakened abomination - in place of... a raptor maybe?
  6. Celestial themed mounts - not star themed but see through with constellations forming them
  7. Chinese dragon themed griffon - hovers above ground with wings hidden? (would probably be hard to match up to current animations though)
  8. Any dragon themed griffon skin
  9. Unicorn/Pegasus griffon skin
  10. Unicorn themed jackal for that matter
  11. Fernhound jackal
  12. Windrider skimmer?
  13. Qilin themed mount - https://www.hexapolis.com/2014/09/24/12-strangest-hybrid-creatures-from-mythology/ Kirin in guild wars 1. Nian.
  14. Manticore - but probably too similar to lion griffon skin.
  15. Elk themed jackal skin - somewhat similar to warbeast jackal in terms of silhouette.
  16. Giant quaggan roller beetle skin? Probably not possible with the way the character sits on the saddle and stays in the same position. Quaggan holding a balloon and player sitting on the balloon instead of saddle? idk.
  17. Skale and skelk
  18. Mantid and trihorns

I wish I could think of more for skimmer, but it's really difficult thinking of something that could fit that model. Outside of some Asura themed spacecraft.

Passes

• don't really see these anymore. Guessing because Mistlok has kind of trumped them all.. but:
    1. A pre-cataclysm Orrian bazaar would be neat. Also be set in a time-rift or fractal or something and function similarly to Mistlock Sanctuary in terms of access to fractals and core map? As a less favorable alternative - just a cleansed version of Arah we haven't seen. Similar to Siren's Landing... maybe near the uncovered area near the Artesian waters? Feel like that area would make an awesome guild hall though.

All I can think of for now. If I list enough stuff eventually the odds will be greater that I see more of them, right? =p

As @MithranArkanere.8957 said in another thread, I really think those kind of armors can make their way to gemstore, dungeon armors evolved in sum:

Why not? We already done dark asuran weapons -> inquest weapons -> mark II weapons, why not armors? 1 For each dungeon:

-Ghostly ascalonian armor with a dyeable ghostly glow. (can be haunted outfit when you think about it...)

-Clean and polished versions of the council ministry armors.

-Aetherized nightmare court armors with dyable aether effects.

-Overloaded forgeman armor with glowing eyes and flames coming off the glowing parts.

-Flame legion armor with dyeable flames.

-Icy Kodan armor.

-Charged inquest armor with glowing neon edges and moving parts like ticking gears.

-Purified orr armor, that look what they may have looked before their wearers became risen, without bones, claws and spikes and the like.

Map Saver: duble-click to save your position in a map for 5 (or maybe 10) min.You can go to LA or anywhere you want to do your business, double-click within 5 (10) min to go back to your saved map in the SAME instance.Usefull when doing meta events with a squad and you need to sell/buy stuff but you can't because it would be impossible to join back (map full).

I have some mount skin wishes

RaptorFeathered raptor, not like a peacock, just a raptor with feathersBearded Vulture raptorMetallic raptorSand raptorWater-raptor, one that like leaves a water effect / looks like he's had a swim or somethingTropical raptor (very ornamental)Very spiky raptorDemon raptorPrimevalEarth/stone raptorMagma raptor

SpringerWatery springerDemon springerA frog of some kind

SkimmerFire skimmerEarth/stone skimmer

JackalEarth/stone jackalA wolf of some kindDesert fox or arctic foxChow Chow (yes really)Armored jackalDemon jackalCerrberus or Barghest or Warg inspired beastly jackal

Griffon

More inspiration of real-world cats and birds, I've loved them all so farWater-griffonMetal griffonStone/earth griffonMagma griffonDRAGON!!!!!!!!Manticore.. I know we have a lion already but.. Manticore...

No beetle suggestions

Mount packs ideasFlame LegionMordremIcebroodDestroyerHolographicSome kind of armored mounts with a common themeMounts like the Mjölnir-hammerMounts that fit existing weapon skin themes

Old lion's arch pass, just because it's a must. You will be surprised to see how much players are hating sealand.

Also other suggestions I made but surely lost somewhere:

Mount skin: Holographic dyable beetle so turned into a wheel making the whole more like a bike.

Armor skin piece unique: Visor (Headgear) like inquest exo suit helmet, vegeta from dbz.... ghetsis in pkm...... for all weights, 250 gems?

I think some players and Ranger lovers would be excited if something like this https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Zaishen_Menagerie_Groundswere made into a purchasable lounge area... https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lounge for Ranger Pets and other creatures like https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Chuka_and_Champawat collection cubs, https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Cat, https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Basenji. For Rangers, who like making alts, it would be a great QoL feature to be able to charm juvenile pets in this way...

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Zaishen_Menagerie_Grounds

"The Zaishen Menagerie Grounds is an explorable area where the Zaishen Order takes care of the charmable animals you have unlocked on your account. Charmable animals can be brought in from the wild, or purchased here and trained for you by the Order.

There are various climates in this one area that create the appropriate habitats for the charmable animals."

"The Zaishen Menagerie is account based, which means that any charmable animal you unlock will be available to all characters on that account, both PvE and PvP. You cannot, however, bring other players into your own menagerie, it is only for yourself and your heroes.

If you speak to Emryd the Tamer with an animal companion (pet) in your party, she will unlock yours or your hero's current pet at its current level and evolution tier and all lower tiers for that charmable animal. Similar to other pet tamers, she is able to take the current pet and release it, allowing you or your hero to charm another animal as a pet. Provided you have a Moss Spider Egg, Emryd can take it and unlock the Moss Spider.

Helena (Zaishen Keeper) will unlock the next tier of any charmable animal that is already unlocked, or unlock the lowest tier of any locked charmable animal from any campaign you own, at a cost of either a combination of Zaishen Coins and gold, or Balthazar faction."

Gaile has suggested the OP of https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/67924/celebration-hat-i-want-this-hat#latest submit the suggestion here. I don't see that that's happened yet, but when/if it does, I'd like to suggest a modification to it (see that thread for a lot of community response to the OP's idea).

Why not introduce a baseball cap to the gem store, same shape as the original Celebration Hat, but instead of the ANet dragon logo it has a guild emblem? Just like with guild armor or the magic carpet or other guild-emblazoned items, it would show the logo of your currently repped guild or no logo if you aren't repping. Guilds could wear team caps!

And the commemorative nature of the original cap given out to every single player there for the launch of the game would remain intact.

Please bring back the Wild Magic Backpack Glider Combo. I know it's not exactly a gemstore item but a black lion chest drop or that it could be purchased using black lion statuettes. Please let it return as a black lion chest drop or purchasable using black lion statuettes.