Mount Bugs List

Here's some profession specific mount bugs that are easily reproducible:Ranger:

• Mounting while on the surface of the water will cause your pet to be stowed when you unmount again on land. Sometimes it won't unstow when you enter combat.
  • Mounting to your gryphon while gliding will cause the same result as above.

Elementalist:

• Changing maps while mounted will reset your attunement to fire. I'm guessing this is because it removes the attunement upon mounting and saves it to reapplied after unmounting but it gets lost upon map changing. I've never experienced the secondary attunement on weaver get reset due to this however.

Vanishing Bowstrings After Mount Engage Bug:

-If you have a bow(short or long) equipped and use use mount skill 1 or 8 to dismount it will make your bowstrings disappear. This applies to all mounts.-Springer is hit an miss with this bug just by dismounting without using skill 1 or 8. Once in a while this happens with any mount, but Springer is particularly frequent.-Dismounting with a different weapon and then weapon swapping to a bow.-Zoning into a map with a different weapon and then weapon swapping to a bow.-Using bundle items occasionally triggers it.

Here is a small screenshot gallery displaying how this bug triggers: https://imgur.com/a/XLKGx9E

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone else have an issue when they mount up your mount forces you to turn left? hand not touching the keyboard at all and its just turns on its own.another bug i encountered is when i use mount skill 1 on any mount sometimes the mount UI wont go awa. Like im not on the mount anymore the mount skills are still there and i have the hp of my mount and i cant to ANYTHING untill a creature "knocks" me off the mount I wasnt on anymore or i log out.Is there anyone else experiencing this? Or maybe theirs just something wrong with me? But boy I tell ya its obnoxious. Please Halp.

@"MostTender.7810" said:Does anyone else have an issue when they mount up your mount forces you to turn left? hand not touching the keyboard at all and its just turns on its own.another bug i encountered is when i use mount skill 1 on any mount sometimes the mount UI wont go awa. Like im not on the mount anymore the mount skills are still there and i have the hp of my mount and i cant to ANYTHING untill a creature "knocks" me off the mount I wasnt on anymore or i log out.Is there anyone else experiencing this? Or maybe theirs just something wrong with me? But boy I tell ya its obnoxious. Please Halp.

yeah this was one of the issues we addressed in this thread. It is honestly an annoying issue especially when you are scaling a building. Sadly mount bugs have been here for a long time. Hopefully this thread will spark a fix though.

• 1 month later...

Soulbeast pet being stowed upon dismounting on the warclaw is still occurring unfortunately. Really awkward when charging into battle in wvw and you realise you have no pet and I don't seem to be able to switch to the other. I just end up retreating in a hurry log out and log back in to rectify. Please fix.

• 1 month later...

I don't think I've seen this reported before - I found this by accident. This happens on all my Sylvari and Human characters, all of them are female and have different physique models. However I did not notice this behavior on my female Norn. I don't have characters from other races or males, so someone else has to check that.

Basically - if you fly on your Skyscale backwards by pressing S key, and then keep rotating your camera to the right (with RMB, so the mount rotates too), your character's left leg bends in a way that would make even most famous and skilled gymnasts say "Man, that is really messed up".

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for all the support in this thread. These bugs are things we have witnessed as a community for years and nothing has nothing happened in terms of mount bug fixes. As a community I love the support and the cohesion this thread has brought and I hope we can see some change. Guild Wars 2 has an amazing mount system, but sadly the bugs makes it very hard to enjoy them. If we can get some help with these bugs Anet that would be amazing! <3