Any Pvp plan for 2019?

Eddbopkins.2630

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@Sampson.2403 said:So much negativity here but that's nothing new. In 2018 we got the FFA arena which was and still is pretty awesome.

Has aNet said whether or not they're going to make another expansion?

someone posted a while back in the pve section that theres still atleast 3 expansions to go, not sure if true or not.

i hope so!

@"Crab Fear.1624" said:there are no plans. pve and cash shop makes enough to keep the lights on. 90% of the players that pvp are only there for the armors and achieves.the hardcore players are so minor that "who cares" is the only logical outcome.if the game is doing excellent without our support, then who cares.if those who complain still spend money, then who caresif those that hate the game and still log in for hours a day, then who caresif GW2 is still top three MMO's, then who caresincome seems unchanged since exodus after living story season 1, then who cares

PVP has zero impact on profit, but a sizeable impact on costs/expense...why develop it? (so is the game art or business?)

That's how I'm seeing it now, and that's how I look at it. As a long-time pvp'er in many MMOs back in the day (UO, AO, DAoC, AC2, SB, ArcheAge, etc...) -- I'm coming back to GW2 after quitting in 2016 (Played S1-S4) and GW2 in its current state is by far the least rewarding. Bots, poor matchmaking, and some select overpowered classes are really ruining the experience.

And, even as someone who just casually PvP's these days, it's not fun to lose 5-6 in a row before matchmaking gives you a decent game, so I can see why some people will resort to botting or not even trying, and simply just babysitting their character until the game ends, so they can work toward the rewards.

I don't even know what can be done anymore, if anything, to make PvP better in this game; it just seems so fundamentally broken from being neglected for so long.

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:B b balance patch tomorrow?

Yup.

Source?

Ben P in twitch chat.

@phokus.8934 said:

Yup.

Most likely not. Half way point puts us at the balance patch being next week but Christmas could come early.

I trend towards believing Ben P on this one, but we'll see, you're right.

Annnnnnd there goes the balance patch? Maybe it will happen later today:Info from Tweet: "February 5 #GuildWars2 build update: Due to inclement weather that has impacted access to the office, we will not be doing a game update this morning. We anticipate we will be doing a build later today, at a time yet to be determined. Thank you for your patience."

@Mbelch.9028 said:

Yup.

Source?

Ben P in twitch chat.

Yup.

Most likely not. Half way point puts us at the balance patch being next week but Christmas could come early.

Except Ben never reveals when a balance patch will hit unless it's been made publicly available. So I highly doubt we're seeing one today.

IDK why people are eagerly awaiting a balance patch? Are you really that excited for them to make a bunch of worthless changes like "Skill X (which is never used) now does 18.2% more damage"? Is it really that exciting to have the same exact meta, dominated by mesmers and soulbeasts, with some slightly changed skills (but nothing that changes the heart of the issues)?

If you have ANY faith in there being competent balancing, then you have not paid attention for the past 7 years.

@phokus.8934 said:

Yup.

Source?

Ben P in twitch chat.

Yup.

Except Ben never reveals when a balance patch will hit unless it's been made publicly available. So I highly doubt we're seeing one today.

Sure... We definitely aren't seeing one today. Don't know if it's due to the weather or what, but I saw what I saw.

Hopefully next Tuesday, then.

Its hard to believe bad weather will stop just the balance portion of an update but the rest of the update goes threw.Isnt it all compiled togeather as one update?If they can push cash shop items threw but not balance and skill adjustments then whats the point of playing. They certaintly dont deserve my money thats for sure.

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:Its hard to believe bad weather will stop just the balance portion of an update but the rest of the update goes threw.Isnt it all compiled togeather as one update?If they can push cash shop items threw but not balance and skill adjustments then whats the point of playing. They certaintly dont deserve my money thats for sure.

It was never going to be a balance patch, no one confirmed or released that it would be so

It would indeed be good to know when swiss rounds AT's will be ready, since it's probably the feature that may have a huge impact on the population.Been over a year now, would be cool to have any status on it, even if it's a provisory date anyway( since there will be error codes in tournaments anyway )

• 3 months later...