Does anybody know of a way to get a Nerashi's breather?

Does anybody know of a way to get a Nerashi's breather? For those who don't know, Nerashi's is the ascended version of Plaguedoctor.

I've searched the wiki and looked over the list of all ascended breathers (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Breathing_apparatus, but I can't find Nerashi's.

I also can't find a generic one, as diflourite does for rings and earrings.

I thought I remembered reading that you can't change the stats of a breather, but I can't find that reference. But, no recipe exists on the Plaguedoctor page, so I assume they can't be crafted or changed.

It says it right there in the wiki link you posted, under Acquisition Methods for level 80 ascended breathers.

Ascended breathers can have their stats changed in the Mystic Forge.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Stat_changing#Ascended

I've done it on at least a couple characters myself a while back.

It's the exact same method you use for stat swapping armor in the mystic forge. For you it would be: Exotic Plaguedoctor's insignia+5 ectos+anthology of heroes (purchased from mystic forge lady)+any ascended aquabreather.

Easiest method: purchase an ascended aquabreather from the unbound magic vendor in Bitterfrost Frontier and select any stats, then stat swap it it in the mystic forge.

It was fixed back in August 2018 https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/231272908-Known-Issue-Tracker

Recently solved: Items: You can't use the Mystic Forge to change stats on Ascended aquabreathers 2018-08-16

Hmm.......I see the pickle you're in. Judging by the wiki, there doesn't seem to be an ascended auqabreather with Plaguedoctor's stats available anywhere in the game. So there's no guarantee you'd be able to stat swap another breather to it.

The aquabreathers from the unbound magic vendor in Bitterfrost Frontier did have PoF stats (Grieving and Harrier's) added among the selection you can choose from, but not Plaguedoctor's.

You could still give stat swapping a try though. It seems that would be the only way to get an ascended aquabreather with Plaguedoctor's stats.

Well, the answer is no, it doesn't work. I did one for Viper's/Yassith's (that was previously Carrion), and that worked. But the Plaguedoctor insignia can't be used with a Wupwup breather. Select one, the other goes gray. Select both and the ectos/anthology, and the Forge button stays gray.

A VERY expensive piece of trash is what I have now. Two of them, actually: the insignia and the breather.

When ANET introduces new stats it sometimes takes them a while to get them added to all the various stat selectable items, though sometimes you can't select them at all for 'reasons'

Honestly though, if you took a breather with Trailblazer stats instead, for the tiny modicum of content that takes place underwater, you won't notice any real loss in performance.

Well, it turns out that NONE of the PoF stat combinations are on an ascended breather.

Minstrel's would be closer, but that's not the point.

Without giving anything away (i.e. spoilers), can someone tell me if Season 5 is complete now? If it still has an episode (or more) to go, then maybe stat-selectable ones might become available later.

@Daddicus.6128 said:Without giving anything away (i.e. spoilers), can someone tell me if Season 5 is complete now? If it still has an episode (or more) to go, then maybe stat-selectable ones might become available later.

Season 5 hasn't started. Episode 4.5 launched as the penultimate episode, meaning one more episode remains.

PS ANet does eventually make sure the various stat swapping and reforging stat methods work for new stats; they just don't seem to have anyone who ensures it happens concurrent with releasing new stats.

edit: accidentally wrote season in place of episode; fixed.

@Daddicus.6128 said:Sorry, I meant Season 4. So, is episode 5 for season 4 the last one of season 4?

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Daddicus.6128 said:Without giving anything away (i.e. spoilers), can someone tell me if Season 5 is complete now? If it still has an episode (or more) to go, then maybe stat-selectable ones might become available later.

Season 5 hasn't started.
Episode 4.5 launched as the penultimate episode, meaning one more episode remains.

Well, I got a really sickening answer from support: there are no Plaguedoctor breathers, so that's why it won't allow the stat-change.

I asked a couple of obvious follow-up questions, like "when will this be fixed?" and "what do I do with that expensive insignia that's now worthless?"

I'll modify the Wiki when I get those answers.

@"Daddicus.6128" said:"what do I do with that expensive insignia that's now worthless?"

(a) it's not worthless; you just can't use it yet for the breather(b) you know that you could request support to refund the material/currency cost of it (and they'll ask you to delete it in exchange)

Besides which, you've been playing a long time. You know that ANet is slow to make new stats available. It's worth investing a little time before investing a lot of mats/currency.

They're slow, but when a Living World season is complete, the pieces inside it are also complete. You yourself made this argument when I complained of not being able to use difluorite earings with HoT stats.

I'm waiting for support to respond. This could be an oversight, but unless it is, then they have no intention of ever adding PoF breathers. Thus, that insignia is indeed worthless. (I hope they'll at least offer to return the materials in exchange for deleting it. But, I'm not counting on that.)

@Daddicus.6128 said:Well, their response isn't hopeful: they're going to refund what I paid for it. No words about getting the items available in-game, so I have to assume they're not going to ever put any PoF-statted breathers into the game.

The people who handle support aren't the people who handle these bug fixes, so they gave you the only kind of answer that they can give to help you.

I am pretty certain ANet will add the missing stat eventually, whenever they manage to add such a fix into their limited resource pool. That's also why ANet doesn't give release date for stuff until it's nearly done and ready.

@Voltekka.2375 said:

@Daddicus.6128 said:Well, their response isn't hopeful: they're going to refund what I paid for it. No words about getting the items available in-game, so I have to assume they're not going to ever put any PoF-statted breathers into the game.

I am intrigued by the build you use to need Nerashi stats. Genuinely intrigued!

It's a strange situation. My daughter plays, and my guardian character is always out with her mage. So, I'm building a healing guardian that also adds a little bit of conditions to augment her build, and to keep her alive while she spreads her prodigious damage piles onto enemies.

I'm not sure it would be viable solo, but since we're always together, it fits in.

I think he could also be used as part of an organized team, although he's optimized strictly for healing and boons, so I'm not sure. Some day, I hope to talk her into fractals, and we'll find out. :)

@Skotlex.7580 said:

The people who handle support aren't the people who handle these bug fixes, so they gave you the only kind of answer that they can give to help you.

I am pretty certain ANet will add the missing stat eventually, whenever they manage to add such a fix into their limited resource pool. That's also why ANet doesn't give release date for stuff until it's nearly done and ready.

Yeah, you're probably right. We won't know until they make an announcement.

In that case, I'm glad they refunded me the cost. I can use the Celestial breather on a Mesmer I'm building.

• 6 months later...