Essence of Luck after you reach 300%

@Hitman.5829 said:

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:Ok, I'm impressed! And this is after maxing out one char?

I'm not to max yet, and doubt I'll ever have a shiny storage pane like that. Well done!

@Shirlias.8104 said:I save em, though it's going to be hard and hard

5L1PqbO.jpg

Here's my artificer almost full ( i will need soon to move em to an alt ).Since the mf system is not structured in a proper way, is it obvious that is going to be somehow reworked, but the real question is when.

Currently, MF as a wallet currency would be imho the best ( then they will be able to put a vendor whenever they want ).And ofc, for those who still haven't reached the cap, the vendor could be used to trade the currency for essences, which could be consumed.

ps:
message for ANET
> an eater won't do ANYTHING, because unlike ascended materials, there are no way to stack or use em ( we do have 8 ascended material eaters, a way to convert 100 units of em into a ingot, and some recipes which can be used. Also they can be fit into storage raw or refined ).

There is no way he earned all that by playing the game normally. Obviously he exploited some bug or something, I have been playing this game for 5 years EACH DAY with 10+ hours per day and I have max magic find of 273%.

Well as someone who makes it a habit of salvaging all blues greens and a lot of yellows with some reds as well as running some meats it is absolutely possible to have a board of exotic MY essences.Until last week I was either use g as much as I could by way of eaters or decks at but as a little e periment of my own I decided to start storing some ... 3 days in with around 15 hrs of gameplay I already have 4 full stacks and enough smaller essences to convert to almost a 5th stack. Considering how long some of us have been maxed without any real efforts azide from salvaging for actusl usuable mats its very very plausable for players to have inventories stacked so much... without the slightest need to exploit an almost worthless currency.... why would they.

That said I still do not believe raising the cap with have any kind of significant impact... it merely offsets the issues for a very short while. There needs to be many more uses for this currency or an exchange/currency conversion added. At the least some minimal vendor trash value added in.

@Zet.9130 said:Luck is a currency with one use. From a design standpoint it just seems sloppy, a lack of foresight. Anet seems to have learned that new currencies need multiple uses and as it controls the economy with evermore currencies there seems to be no similar issues.If the bolded part were true, there would be a simple solution to the issue: stop dropping luck when you have your account MF maxed at 300% from luck. Unfortunately, they gave it a few uses as a crafting material but none that makes a good unlimited sink.

It should never have been an inventory-based drop anyway. They should've just added it to your account as it was generated.

• 3 weeks later...

Some people say "just do this..." "Just do that..." with the essence of luck. This to those of us who have maxed out MF and have panels full of it. Not everyone will agree on the best way to handle or use it. Sadly I now tend to sneer every time I get it as a log in "reward" before adding it to my stacks. (one partial stack of legendary luck too) So do something please. I was always thinking a gobbler of some sort but I don't care as long as there is SOMETHING. & ya know, my guild hall has so many red lanterns already I don't consider that a good option, personally.

I am now approaching this cap, at almost 299%, and I am DREADING having nothing to do with this Luck that is rewarded to me via just playing and in the login rewards.I’d be very happy for a forge recipe to create Magic Find boosters.A chef recipe for magic find food.A vendor similar to the Pact Supply Network vendor, which could offer daily limited purchases that rotate for things like Trade Caches, Mapping Materials, etc.

Anything. Just give Essences another use which is personal, rather than flooding Guild Decoration storage with lanterns.

• 3 months later...

I'm in the camp of those that are stacking the exotic (+200) luck in my bank. I'm waiting for some kind of use for these items, as others here. I bought enough red lantern decorations for my Guild. I would like to see something that would use the essences in some other productive ways.

@Haleydawn.3764 said:I’d be very happy for a forge recipe to create Magic Find boosters.Yes, please. (I'm nowhere near 300%, but it's better to address this problem now rather than later.)

A chef recipe for magic find food.Might be a bit ambitious/work-intensive, but perhaps adding a bunch of Magic Find versions of top-tier food that uses Exotic essences? Banquet items that use 25 Exotics?It's always nice to have methods to give bonuses to others.And why stop at food? Top end oils/whetstones/etc could also have Magic Find versions with the same bonuses but with Magic Find tacked on. Make them market-sellable, and they should make some decent money.

A vendor similar to the Pact Supply Network vendor, which could offer daily limited purchases that rotate for things like Trade Caches, Mapping Materials, etc.Said it before elsewhere, but ANet doesn't use this vector of item elimination nearly enough.

• 2 weeks later...

Caps in general are bad for a game. It punishes the most loyal players, the exact opposite of what the game should be doing.

Diminishing returns would have worked. I'll never understand why they stopped the progression of luck needed per point. They could have eliminated the cap with zero effect on the game if they just let the amount of luck needed per MF point keep rising (by an ever-increasing number). What's so magical about the 218th MF point that it stopped the progression at 30,000 per point?

If they did the math right, they could completely fix this, remove the cap, AND make the luck worth something again, with zero impact on the players or the game. Just change the points needed such that the amount needed goes up by 10 more than it did in the previous step, as it did on the 217th point. So, point 301 would require 30370, point 302 would require 30750, etc.

As an option, if they do it retroactively, nobody would be at 300 yet. (Although, doing it retroactively would mean having to find a way to compensate for people who trashed their luck after they hit 300. But, they can just check the date when the account got capped and estimate how many they should have since then.) So, 217 would need 30300, 218 would need 30670, 219 would need 31050, etc.

@"Rinn.2375" said:It would be nice if they add a Star of Gratitude like thing when you reach 300% to feed with the collected essence to get some loot. It's a cheap way of solving this problem as of development time me think.

Absolute easiest solution would be a vendor that sells the same packets as the anomalies/unbound magic bundles. (Really, no more eaters. No more inventory bloat!)Have it use enough Exotic luck (5?) to justify a packet, sell 5/day, and bam, you got a sink. Also make it so we can salvage runes and sigils into luck, and we have a sink for those as well.Want something more compelling? Add the possibility of reward track potions, karma items, map currencies, PvE reward track boosters, magic find bonuses... There's a huge list of things players could benefit from without needing some new, eventually accretion, system.

• 3 weeks later...

Magic Find is all about grind, that only works with normal drops in core pve mode - this is just silly.Why it is even a thing?

I think we need a major re-work of Magic Find or remove completly this useless mechanic from the game.We already have enought bag-space trouble with collection-only items, which I'm not sure if I can safely sell/destroy or not.Same issue goes for books from LS/achivements, a beautifull bookcase in Home Instance would be nice idea to store them.

Any of mentioned above should not take any of our inventory space.

The fractal endgame currency sink was fantastic. Can we get something similar for luck? Even after maxing out our account magic find, we still get luck from dailies, festivals and salvaging gear with nothing worth using them on.
: This has unfortunately been
low priority
, since there are
a lot of players who don't have their Luck maxed
, but I agree, the system needs something to use your excess Luck for.

(emphasis is mine)

I'd suggest unlocking a recipe at 300 MF that lets you craft a consumable using luck and other trash mats like bloodstone that temporarily gives a good chunk of extra MF, without consuming a food or utility slot. Essentially, once you reach 300, you trade further increases in magnitude for increases to the duration of maximum MF from luck. Of course, it would need to be balanced so you consumed more luck to make the item than you could feasibly gain in the 30 minutes or whatever that it lasts.

• 6 months later...

@Rauderi.8706 said:

@"Rinn.2375" said:It would be nice if they add a
like thing when you reach 300% to feed with the collected essence to get some loot. It's a cheap way of solving this problem as of development time me think.

Absolute easiest solution would be a vendor that sells the same packets as the anomalies/unbound magic bundles. (Really, no more eaters. No more inventory bloat!)Have it use enough Exotic luck (5?) to justify a packet, sell 5/day, and bam, you got a sink. Also make it so we can salvage runes and sigils into luck, and we have a sink for those as well.Want something more compelling? Add the possibility of reward track potions, karma items, map currencies, PvE reward track boosters, magic find bonuses... There's a huge list of things players could benefit from without needing some new, eventually accretion, system.

I hope they make it so we can merge herta, princess, star of gratitude and mawdret 2.I like how the sentient allow us to use the materials from the material storage aswell.

• 10 months later...

Why not just put an option that can be on/off in your settings that prevent essence from dropping if you have max MF. I don't really expect any big change about this system and I'm personally fine with it, this option would be just for convenience if you don't wanna spend any time deleting your essence of luck.This solution would be for the people like me who don't really hoard thousands of exotic luck in hope of something, it would be a nice QoL for us and the one who still have hope can keep on stacking them.

@"Shirlias.8104" said:I save em, though it's going to be hard and hard

5L1PqbO.jpg

Here's my artificer almost full ( i will need soon to move em to an alt ).Since the mf system is not structured in a proper way, is it obvious that is going to be somehow reworked, but the real question is when.

Currently, MF as a wallet currency would be imho the best ( then they will be able to put a vendor whenever they want ).And ofc, for those who still haven't reached the cap, the vendor could be used to trade the currency for essences, which could be consumed.

ps: message for ANET > an eater won't do ANYTHING, because unlike ascended materials, there are no way to stack or use em ( we do have 8 ascended material eaters, a way to convert 100 units of em into a ingot, and some recipes which can be used. Also they can be fit into storage raw or refined ).

lol i was going to post mine but you have twice as many as I do. you win! :)

I used to have 3 toon's maxed with exotic luck in the bags, but when they added that Drooburt during the lunar new year, I was able to make around 2k gold by donating it all and completing the achievement over and over, which gives you 8 X Red Festival Lantern for every 1k luck converted for which you then vendor for 7.04 silver. It is not a lot but if you have lots of luck like I did, it adds up. It is just very time consuming to do it by hand.