What does SMC look like inside?

Bear.9568

Few more weeks and the relink hits. You will likely get plenty of SMC ownership time after that. It does suck to be last place for two months though... most of us have been there and pretty much nobody enjoys it.

BTW T4 3rd place is a joy compared to T3 3rd place. Kaineng gets destroyed in T3... I mean run the "f" over 20 hours out of a day. Course that is only every other week.

@"Straegen.2938" said:Few more weeks and the relink hits. You will likely get plenty of SMC ownership time after that. It does suck to be last place for two months though... most of us have been there and pretty much nobody enjoys it.

BTW T4 3rd place is a joy compared to T3 3rd place. Kaineng gets destroyed in T3... I mean run the "f" over 20 hours out of a day. Course that is only every other week.

Curious - what happened to the 'Alliance' on KN - Mal et al?

@Doo Lally.8594 said:

@"Straegen.2938" said:Few more weeks and the relink hits. You will likely get plenty of SMC ownership time after that. It does suck to be last place for two months though... most of us have been there and pretty much nobody enjoys it.

They seem to be in the process of moving off, OR they finally fell apart. I still see Mal's dorito and OnS tags up here and there, but by and large it's a hot mess. Maybe one of them will see and respond before this gets locked for being a matchup thread.

I really wish they'd just dump the links until alliances are ready and let KN go back to being a >T5 world in peace again. Owls, RaW, TACO, and others miss it being a mostly havoc tier.

And while I'm not going to knock the Alliance's idea of fun, it's not a good mix with the OG Kaining folks. We just don't mesh well.

@"Doo Lally.8594" said:Curious - what happened to the 'Alliance' on KN - Mal et al?

Those guys are only in it for the fights. They spend most of their logged in time (about 4 hours out of the day), fighting other players and they want to be T3 where the fights are more evenly matched. The "problem" is that anyone not in their group gets pushed into a tier that effectively runs over anything not in one of those guilds and spends the rest of the day defending paper whereas in T4 the opposite happens. They also split their time with EU so we don't always have a raid running. T3 also tends to have coverage where T4 is mostly devoid of coverage.

Many players log in, check the score and if it is ugly or there isn't a commander log out which has been an issue since day one. This feeds on itself and causes most "casuals" or "guildless" to stop logging in beyond the daily. This in turn exacerbates an already out-manned servers ability to be competitive.

Please note I am not complaining about the fight guilds. They should be able to enjoy WvW in their own way and I support that. The system itself is at fault both for servers that are chronically under-manned as well as those that are in the Kaineng situation.

They seem to be in the process of moving off, OR they finally fell apart. I still see Mal's dorito and OnS tags up here and there, but by and large it's a hot mess.

I really wish they'd just dump the links until alliances are ready and let KN go back to being a >T8 world in peace again. Owls, RaW, TACO, and others miss it being a mostly havoc tier.

Thanks - we (FC) were linked with you last pairing and it was buzzing. Fair-weathers tend to do that to a server and then leave to feed on the next victim.

FC seems to have accreted some guilds whom I suspect will slough off soon as we get relinked. Totally with you on the wish for low tier havok play again. ;)

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:

They seem to be in the process of moving off, OR they finally fell apart. I still see Mal's dorito and OnS tags up here and there, but by and large it's a hot mess. Maybe one of them will see and respond before this gets locked for being a matchup thread.

I really wish they'd just dump the links until alliances are ready and let KN go back to being a >T5 world in peace again. Owls, RaW, TACO, and others miss it being a mostly havoc tier.

And while I'm not going to knock the Alliance's idea of fun, it's not a good mix with the OG Kaining folks. We just don't mesh well.

@"Straegen.2938" said:

Those guys are only in it for the fights. They spend most of their logged in time (about 4 hours out of the day), fighting other players. The "problem" is that anyone not in their group gets pushed into a tier that effectively runs over anything not in one of those guilds and spends the rest of the day defending paper. This feeds on itself and causes most "casuals" or "guildless" to stop logging in beyond the daily. Many players log in, check the score and if it is ugly or there isn't a commander log out which has been an issue since day one.

They also split their time with EU so we don't always have a raid running. T3 also tends to have coverage where T4 is mostly devoid of coverage.

Please note I am not complaining about the fight guilds. They should be able to enjoy WvW in their own way and I support that. The system itself is at fault both for servers that are chronically under-manned as well as those that are in the Kaineng situation.

That too. The KDR is INSANE right now, but that's basically cause OnS (what's left) comes and runs train, those OG Kaining folks are good at roaming/havoc cause that's all we had numbers for prior to links, so there is a lot of kills. But then OnS has their fun, leaves, then the rest of us get tired of defending/flipping paper with 3v1 odds when they are gone and log out for other games (or in my case, Netflix).

@Doo Lally.8594 said:

I do not know other than I think it is heavy NA.

It's overrated imo. I know it's worth a big chunk of warscore and lots of WXP for capping it, but I can't count the amount of times a commander has bashed his squad against the walls to no effect, when he could have easily flipped every other objective on the map belonging to that opponent because all their players were stacked in SMC.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:It's overrated imo. I know it's worth a big chunk of warscore and lots of WXP for capping it, but I can't count the amount of times a commander has bashed his squad against the walls to no effect, when he could have easily flipped every other objective on the map belonging to that opponent because all their players were stacked in SMC.

THIS SO MUCH!

It's not the I WIN button folks!

Keep poking holes in stuff even if you're not going in right away. Someone will get the momentum going into there eventually. You can float around cautiously nearby and drop some supply on inner then melt back onto the wall or wherever until inner is open and you got enough of your regulars who you know can burn a break bar and maybe ninja it. A couple of guildies like to drop siege in certain spots around the map so passers by can keep walls mostly down in a few places and some pick-up tag might speed whoever's nearby and grab whatever is open and not likely to get the quickest response.

Really the only reason I can think of to hold on to SM for awhile is to let the other servers poke holes in it so you can get some three ways going for a few hours.

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:It's overrated imo. I know it's worth a big chunk of warscore and lots of WXP for capping it, but I can't count the amount of times a commander has bashed his squad against the walls to no effect, when he could have easily flipped every other objective on the map belonging to that opponent because all their players were stacked in SMC.

THIS SO MUCH!

It's not the I WIN button folks!

Wait wait wait... I didn’t think you actually win in WvW..

@MindWipe.3028 said:the kn alliance is confirmed dead. Mal got caught with 10 pounds of marijuana in his apartment and is going to court for it. looks like this is it for kn

@othlos.4508 said:Its true watch the news, jeff new kn alliance leader! we going to mexico!

Still gonna need some proof on that, since I am pretty sure I saw @MaLeVoLenT.8129 in WvW just this weekend. They might be in process of moving, but they are not gone yet.

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:

No. Nope. Not going to happen. The alliance is fine. No plans on leaving. Coverage is coverage and PPT is PPT. Sometimes we're about that life sometimes we're not. Sometimes it depends on our link or just IRL. Let's be honest... The game hasn't changed. Under 1 up 1 Down Tier 4 isn't a great depiction on who is "dying" or "suffering" and at large we're happy to float between T3 and T4.

Syike we're moving to FA.

@MaLeVoLenT.8129 said:

No. Nope. Not going to happen. The alliance is fine. No plans on leaving. Coverage is coverage and PPT is PPT. Sometimes we're about that life sometimes we're not. Sometimes it depends on our link or just IRL. Let's be honest... The game hasn't changed. Under 1 up 1 Down Tier 4 isn't a great depiction on who is "dying" or "suffering" and at large we're happy to float between T3 and T4.

Well, I can't say I'll miss you all when you move, but you do you. One thing we agree on is that the fun in this mode is what you make of it. You do you.

I'd be happy if they just killed links till alliances so KN could go back to our old small scale in T6 to T8, and you could have your big fights in T4-T5.

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:

@MindWipe.3028 said:the kn alliance is confirmed dead. Mal got caught with 10 pounds of marijuana in his apartment and is going to court for it. looks like this is it for kn

@othlos.4508 said:Its true watch the news, jeff new kn alliance leader! we going to mexico!

Still gonna need some proof on that, since I am pretty sure I saw @MaLeVoLenT.8129 in WvW just this weekend. They might be in process of moving, but they are not gone yet.

Huh, unless he posted from jail it looks like you folks are a bunch of false rumormongers...

@Straegen.2938 said:

@"Doo Lally.8594" said:Curious - what happened to the 'Alliance' on KN - Mal et al?

Those guys are only in it for the fights. They spend most of their logged in time (about 4 hours out of the day), fighting other players and they want to be T3 where the fights are more evenly matched. The "problem" is that anyone not in their group gets pushed into a tier that effectively runs over anything not in one of those guilds and spends the rest of the day defending paper whereas in T4 the opposite happens. They also split their time with EU so we don't always have a raid running. T3 also tends to have coverage where T4 is mostly devoid of coverage.

Many players log in, check the score and if it is ugly or there isn't a commander log out which has been an issue since day one. This feeds on itself and causes most "casuals" or "guildless" to stop logging in beyond the daily. This in turn exacerbates an already out-manned servers ability to be competitive.

We get burnt out from PPT. This is year 6 for a lot of us and we've been playing the game consistently for that long. My guild has done everything in this game in terms of coverage and ppt during this time and we've been fighting the same people for just that long as well. In some ways you hit the nail on the head. We log on largely to enjoy ourselves and kick it with our friends. There isn't much that can surprise or shock us with WvW these days.

OnS also doesn't split our time, we recently took in the MI player base and created a second division we're trying to build up. So our focus atm, is shifting for the moment to more the of the guild. Plus on the NA side, Bullyfoot and Roy is hosting another tournament. We might gear ourselves to enter.

The score is ugly because of the bandwagon that happened after relinks when Arena Net opened all servers, and AR HoD, and NSP got stacked which were the servers we've been constantly fighting ever since. Because those servers are fat in certain timezones, they've been sustaining us this entire relink cycle in terms of activity and fights, hence the KDR.

I wouldn't call OnS a fighter guild, we're still hybrid and choose when we want to focus on fights or PPT depending on the situation at large.

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:

Well, I can't say I'll miss you all when you move, but you do you. One thing we agree on is that the fun in this mode is what you make of it. You do you.

I'd be happy if they just killed links till alliances so KN could go back to our old small scale in T6 to T8, and you could have your big fights in T4-T5.

Huh, unless he posted
from jail
it looks like you folks are a bunch of false rumormongers...

I don't know you to miss you nor do I care for your opinion.

• Confused 1