Please nerf full counter more! it still deal too much damage! — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Please nerf full counter more! it still deal too much damage!

Luna.6203Luna.6203 Member ✭✭✭

Thank you for nerf FC dmg by 75%. But it's should be at least by 90%!

counter damage test (demolisher amulet with revenge counter 20% damage boost):

Recently i was playing my core ranger. I was facetanking spellbreaker in sPvp with longbow auto attack. It was close fight but he won. I thing spellbreaker need more nerfs.

Full couter is too OP ability. Just one button for all of this: Stability, Resistance, Protection, Waffle, Cripple, Slow, Swiftness, Lollypop, Evasion, Daze and its unblockable. FC have only ~10 sec CD! Damage is practically one shot at least for rats lvl 1 in divinity's reach sewer.

Now if you combine FC and dagger with increase crit damage can hit really hard look at this crit!

I suggest nerf FC damage by 90%. Increase CD up to about 5 mins.

<1

Comments

  • Hundred Blades also too OP, it should slow movement for 5 sec after using it. Also Flurry is dealing too much damage atm.

  • Opopanax.1803Opopanax.1803 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Lol. SB is definitely not worth playing for me at this point.

  • Caedmon.6798Caedmon.6798 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 11, 2019

    @Opopanax.1803 said:
    Lol. SB is definitely not worth playing for me at this point.

    It is,just try something else and dont rely on counter for dmg.Having some good fights atm with gs/hammie.Hits like a truck if u build right and u dont even need strength line for it.But yes,counter damage is just sad.

  • Opopanax.1803Opopanax.1803 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 11, 2019

    Hah, funny you say that. I have been messing with hammer lately, just not with SB. Maybe ill try it.

    Edit: Naw, if the spec mechanic isn't worth using, is rather have 3 levels of bust to use. Much more useful.

  • Apparently how every opponent felt before the nerfs:

  • Nekromalistik.7045Nekromalistik.7045 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 11, 2019

    "Oh no, the warrior endures a lot, has a lot of cc and damage, how can a class have so many evades, 2 endure pain, burst, stability, resistance, fullcounter, bull's charge, rampage, curative and offensive passives."
    -A fool who does not know how to differentiate the tetherbreaker, spellbreaker with branch of defense and vanilla, but he prefers to speak without knowing

  • cryorion.9532cryorion.9532 Member ✭✭✭

    Careful what you wish for. Anet may deliver.

  • Luna.6203Luna.6203 Member ✭✭✭

    @cryorion.9532 said:
    Careful what you wish for. Anet may deliver.

    To be honest why not.. what's difference between 75% and 90%. Either way its nothing.

  • Dadnir.5038Dadnir.5038 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Luna.6203 said:

    @cryorion.9532 said:
    Careful what you wish for. Anet may deliver.

    To be honest why not.. what's difference between 75% and 90%. Either way its nothing.

    True that's exactly what I was thinking when reading this thread. At this point even if they nerf it by 100% nobody would feel the difference.

  • Like most professions, warriors have some builds that can be relatively easy to run and very easily take down unsuspecting players. Professions are balanced to the high-tier players that do their research and practice a lot, not to the ones that only know their own profession/build. Do your research, don't unload on the spellbreaker during full counter, etc. Being successful in PvP requires learning the other classes' abilities, not complaining about them.

  • This thread is awesome.. made my day rofl..~ ("(>____<)")

  • @Luna.6203 said:

    This is exactly what i love!

    • lot of damage - lot of CC - lot of evades - lot of endure pain that nobody use anyway.
      Your build looks like:
      defence 1+2+3/1+2+3/1+2+3
      strength 1+2+3/1+2+3/1+2+3
      discipline 1+2+3/1+2+3/1+2+3
      spellbreaker 1+2+3/1+2+3/1+2+3
      Here is how it looks like in real:

      This is the build that people describe when they complain about warrior!

    EDIT: i forgot add [ bull's charge ] in image...

    hahaha good image xDD

  • Hitman.5829Hitman.5829 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 11, 2019

    @Mighty Cole.7849 said:
    This is the build that I'm usually accused of running

    Pure gold! Warrior is so OP. I use that build often.
    This is a true story: I killed 7 people once at a camp; they were noobs though.
    It does feel like people come to the forums to complain about this build.

    @Luna.6203 said:

    @Zygil.1276 said:
    Apparently how every opponent felt before the nerfs:

    Hehe nice! I wish it would be true.

    @Nekromalistik.7045 said:
    "Oh no, the warrior endures a lot, has a lot of cc and damage, how can a class have so many evades, 2 endure pain, burst, stability, resistance, fullcounter, bull's charge, rampage, curative and offensive passives."
    -A fool who does not know how to differentiate the tetherbreaker, spellbreaker with branch of defense and vanilla, but he prefers to speak without knowing

    This is exactly what i love!

    • lot of damage - lot of CC - lot of evades - lot of endure pain that nobody use anyway.
      Your build looks like:
      defence 1+2+3/1+2+3/1+2+3
      strength 1+2+3/1+2+3/1+2+3
      discipline 1+2+3/1+2+3/1+2+3
      spellbreaker 1+2+3/1+2+3/1+2+3
      Here is how it looks like in real:

      This is the build that people describe when they complain about warrior!

    EDIT: i forgot add [ bull's charge ] in image...

    hahahahahaha you forgot to include DOUBLE specialization!

    Charr Warrior Master Race!
    Black Gate Beast Roamer chicken chaser!

  • RedShark.9548RedShark.9548 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Hitman.5829 said:

    @Mighty Cole.7849 said:
    This is the build that I'm usually accused of running

    Pure gold! Warrior is so OP. I use that build often.
    This is a true story: I killed 7 people once at a camp; they were noobs though.
    It does feel like people come to the forums to complain about this build.

    @Luna.6203 said:

    @Zygil.1276 said:
    Apparently how every opponent felt before the nerfs:

    Hehe nice! I wish it would be true.

    @Nekromalistik.7045 said:
    "Oh no, the warrior endures a lot, has a lot of cc and damage, how can a class have so many evades, 2 endure pain, burst, stability, resistance, fullcounter, bull's charge, rampage, curative and offensive passives."
    -A fool who does not know how to differentiate the tetherbreaker, spellbreaker with branch of defense and vanilla, but he prefers to speak without knowing

    This is exactly what i love!

    • lot of damage - lot of CC - lot of evades - lot of endure pain that nobody use anyway.
      Your build looks like:
      defence 1+2+3/1+2+3/1+2+3
      strength 1+2+3/1+2+3/1+2+3
      discipline 1+2+3/1+2+3/1+2+3
      spellbreaker 1+2+3/1+2+3/1+2+3
      Here is how it looks like in real:

      This is the build that people describe when they complain about warrior!

    EDIT: i forgot add [ bull's charge ] in image...

    hahahahahaha you forgot to include DOUBLE specialization!

    No, berserker is bad, everybody knows that
    Do you even warrior, bro?

  • @RedShark.9548 said:

    @Hitman.5829 said:

    @Mighty Cole.7849 said:
    This is the build that I'm usually accused of running

    Pure gold! Warrior is so OP. I use that build often.
    This is a true story: I killed 7 people once at a camp; they were noobs though.
    It does feel like people come to the forums to complain about this build.

    @Luna.6203 said:

    @Zygil.1276 said:
    Apparently how every opponent felt before the nerfs:

    Hehe nice! I wish it would be true.

    @Nekromalistik.7045 said:
    "Oh no, the warrior endures a lot, has a lot of cc and damage, how can a class have so many evades, 2 endure pain, burst, stability, resistance, fullcounter, bull's charge, rampage, curative and offensive passives."
    -A fool who does not know how to differentiate the tetherbreaker, spellbreaker with branch of defense and vanilla, but he prefers to speak without knowing

    This is exactly what i love!

    • lot of damage - lot of CC - lot of evades - lot of endure pain that nobody use anyway.
      Your build looks like:
      defence 1+2+3/1+2+3/1+2+3
      strength 1+2+3/1+2+3/1+2+3
      discipline 1+2+3/1+2+3/1+2+3
      spellbreaker 1+2+3/1+2+3/1+2+3
      Here is how it looks like in real:

      This is the build that people describe when they complain about warrior!

    EDIT: i forgot add [ bull's charge ] in image...

    hahahahahaha you forgot to include DOUBLE specialization!

    No, berserker is bad, everybody knows that
    Do you even warrior, bro?

    you are right, therefore we should nerf berzerker too

  • kiranslee.4829kiranslee.4829 Member ✭✭✭

    Guys guys, cmn , This is l2p issue. For examle, now u can pop ur fc when fighting and when it procs there is chance that enemy will die, laughing. Win is win u know ...

  • @Mighty Cole.7849 & @Luna.6203

    Don't mind me, i'm just going to steal save these images for legitimate purposes.

    Great thread. :+1:

    Obèlíx [GAUL] - Gandara(EU).
    Condi Ventari Build

  • Ferus.3165Ferus.3165 Member ✭✭✭

    haha very funny post you made there.. war is far from bad.. more like pretty strong and even slightly op right now.
    try again...

  • Hitman.5829Hitman.5829 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Ferus.3165 said:
    haha very funny post you made there.. war is far from bad.. more like pretty strong and even slightly op right now.
    try again...

    But tell us why it is OP? what makes warrior so OP?
    Most warrior builds are 1 target damage and the 3+ target weapons require all the enemies to be withing 130 rage to deal damage to all of them.

    And if warrior is so OP why dont we see lots of people playing them like mirrages, rangers, thieves....?

    Charr Warrior Master Race!
    Black Gate Beast Roamer chicken chaser!

  • Ferus.3165Ferus.3165 Member ✭✭✭

    @Hitman.5829 said:

    @Ferus.3165 said:
    haha very funny post you made there.. war is far from bad.. more like pretty strong and even slightly op right now.
    try again...

    But tell us why it is OP? what makes warrior so OP?
    Most warrior builds are 1 target damage and the 3+ target weapons require all the enemies to be withing 130 rage to deal damage to all of them.

    And if warrior is so OP why dont we see lots of people playing them like mirrages, rangers, thieves....?

    i just explained in another post why war is so strong atm, it's on this subforum..

  • @Ferus.3165 said:

    @Hitman.5829 said:

    @Ferus.3165 said:
    haha very funny post you made there.. war is far from bad.. more like pretty strong and even slightly op right now.
    try again...

    But tell us why it is OP? what makes warrior so OP?
    Most warrior builds are 1 target damage and the 3+ target weapons require all the enemies to be withing 130 rage to deal damage to all of them.

    And if warrior is so OP why dont we see lots of people playing them like mirrages, rangers, thieves....?

    i just explained in another post why war is so strong atm, it's on this subforum..

    Warrior, OP banner slaves. Too good at doing nothing ecept banners,

  • Luna.6203Luna.6203 Member ✭✭✭

    @Hitman.5829 said:

    @Ferus.3165 said:
    haha very funny post you made there.. war is far from bad.. more like pretty strong and even slightly op right now.
    try again...

    But tell us why it is OP? what makes warrior so OP?
    Most warrior builds are 1 target damage and the 3+ target weapons require all the enemies to be withing 130 rage to deal damage to all of them.

    And if warrior is so OP why dont we see lots of people playing them like mirrages, rangers, thieves....?

    I just read his post. He complain about axe and how you get melted on melee range..
    Let me clarify this. He facetank axe skill.5. that's it.

  • Hitman.5829Hitman.5829 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Luna.6203 said:

    @Hitman.5829 said:

    @Ferus.3165 said:
    haha very funny post you made there.. war is far from bad.. more like pretty strong and even slightly op right now.
    try again...

    But tell us why it is OP? what makes warrior so OP?
    Most warrior builds are 1 target damage and the 3+ target weapons require all the enemies to be withing 130 rage to deal damage to all of them.

    And if warrior is so OP why dont we see lots of people playing them like mirrages, rangers, thieves....?

    I just read his post. He complain about axe and how you get melted on melee range..
    Let me clarify this. He facetank axe skill.5. that's it.

    Oh so basically a "rambo serker."
    A rambo serker is when a player charges the warrior with little disregard and respect for the opponent thinking that pure rambo actions will influence the battle.
    Here is a video:

    Charr Warrior Master Race!
    Black Gate Beast Roamer chicken chaser!

  • @Hitman.5829 said:
    Oh so basically a "rambo serker."
    A rambo serker is when a player charges the warrior with little disregard and respect for the opponent thinking that pure rambo actions will influence the battle.
    Here is a video:

    jajajajaja

  • zionophir.6845zionophir.6845 Member ✭✭✭

    Hardcore Dmg on PvE mob boss around 8.something K. observed that in WvW, full counter is consistent at 2.7~K.

    so 50% decrease indeed.

    Guild Wars 2: Your Math Tèacher [MATH]
    Guild Wars 1: Scout of Your Math Teacher [MATH]
    Guild Wars 2: Digital Headhuntaz [aBrA]

  • Luna.6203Luna.6203 Member ✭✭✭

    @zionophir.6845 said:
    Hardcore Dmg on PvE mob boss around 8.something K. observed that in WvW, full counter is consistent at 2.7~K.

    so 50% decrease indeed.

    ehm.. what ?!

  • RedShark.9548RedShark.9548 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @zionophir.6845 said:
    Hardcore Dmg on PvE mob boss around 8.something K. observed that in WvW, full counter is consistent at 2.7~K.

    so 50% decrease indeed.

    Consistent on medium and light armor i assume?

  • Luna.6203Luna.6203 Member ✭✭✭

    @RedShark.9548 said:

    @zionophir.6845 said:
    Hardcore Dmg on PvE mob boss around 8.something K. observed that in WvW, full counter is consistent at 2.7~K.

    so 50% decrease indeed.

    Consistent on medium and light armor i assume?

    Mesmer using light armor right ?

    crit:

    and that was with 8 might stacks btw.

  • RedShark.9548RedShark.9548 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Luna.6203 said:

    @RedShark.9548 said:

    @zionophir.6845 said:
    Hardcore Dmg on PvE mob boss around 8.something K. observed that in WvW, full counter is consistent at 2.7~K.

    so 50% decrease indeed.

    Consistent on medium and light armor i assume?

    Mesmer using light armor right ?

    crit:

    and that was with 8 might stacks btw.

    I forgot to say that i meant light and medium armor guards in camps

  • zionophir.6845zionophir.6845 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 5, 2019

    @RedShark.9548 said:

    @Luna.6203 said:

    @RedShark.9548 said:

    @zionophir.6845 said:
    Hardcore Dmg on PvE mob boss around 8.something K. observed that in WvW, full counter is consistent at 2.7~K.

    so 50% decrease indeed.

    Consistent on medium and light armor i assume?

    Mesmer using light armor right ?

    crit:

    and that was with 8 might stacks btw.

    I forgot to say that i meant light and medium armor guards in camps

    WvW npcs are counted as WvW mobs. they got the lightest armor thus it is basically the base armor.

    that mesmer that you posted yeah, got prots, high armor++ and other sh1ts.

    try to do pve mobs Full Counter and WvW mobs full Counter and see the difference.

    so yeah.

    Guild Wars 2: Your Math Tèacher [MATH]
    Guild Wars 1: Scout of Your Math Teacher [MATH]
    Guild Wars 2: Digital Headhuntaz [aBrA]

  • BlackTruth.6813BlackTruth.6813 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 5, 2019

    FULL COUNTER SO HARD, must be so hard to use unblockables or simply tank it and just kill the Warrior. Also, I have a reaction time of a turtle

    P.S If counting dodges and cds is hard for you, don't talk about Warrior nerfs.

    P.S2 LOL people having trouble vs. Warrior in 2019

  • Luna.6203Luna.6203 Member ✭✭✭

    @zionophir.6845 said:

    @RedShark.9548 said:

    @Luna.6203 said:

    @RedShark.9548 said:

    @zionophir.6845 said:
    Hardcore Dmg on PvE mob boss around 8.something K. observed that in WvW, full counter is consistent at 2.7~K.

    so 50% decrease indeed.

    Consistent on medium and light armor i assume?

    Mesmer using light armor right ?

    crit:

    and that was with 8 might stacks btw.

    I forgot to say that i meant light and medium armor guards in camps

    WvW npcs are counted as WvW mobs. they got the lightest armor thus it is basically the base armor.

    that mesmer that you posted yeah, got prots, high armor++ and other sh1ts.

    try to do pve mobs Full Counter and WvW mobs full Counter and see the difference.

    so yeah.

    Okay let's put sarcasm and jokes aside for moment.
    First of all im talking about Spvp. <- this is important!

    But let's talk about pve for moment because why not...
    Counter in pve (openworld) is really bad for damage because mobs are too slow.. Players who ever used spellbreaker-warrior in open work surely know what im talking about .. counter duration is shorter than many mob animations and single target damage isn't that great. In pve-openworld its just better use core warrior or even berserker.. Yeah! power berserker in openworld still works and its a lot of fun. ... You know why counter regular mob when you can just kill them with weapon in second.. bem!..

    Spellbreaker's counter in pve is good for:
    1) aoe.. When lot of mobs hiting you. becouse there you migate multiple hits, easy to trigger and as aoe damage its ok.
    2) for bosses.. Not all but a lot of boss mechanic can be avoided by counter. This is most funny part of spellbreaker in pve where you can just stand still pop counter and eat lethal boss attack.

    Still i don't see any profit in spvp now.. it's just damage avoidance now.. mirage can do that a lot better just using dodge and even burn you during that.

    Spellbreaker is still tough enemy. but damage is low.. Feel like playing weaver.. sustain but no damage.

  • zionophir.6845zionophir.6845 Member ✭✭✭

    @Luna.6203 said:

    @zionophir.6845 said:

    @RedShark.9548 said:

    @Luna.6203 said:

    @RedShark.9548 said:

    @zionophir.6845 said:
    Hardcore Dmg on PvE mob boss around 8.something K. observed that in WvW, full counter is consistent at 2.7~K.

    so 50% decrease indeed.

    Consistent on medium and light armor i assume?

    Mesmer using light armor right ?

    crit:

    and that was with 8 might stacks btw.

    I forgot to say that i meant light and medium armor guards in camps

    WvW npcs are counted as WvW mobs. they got the lightest armor thus it is basically the base armor.

    that mesmer that you posted yeah, got prots, high armor++ and other sh1ts.

    try to do pve mobs Full Counter and WvW mobs full Counter and see the difference.

    so yeah.

    Okay let's put sarcasm and jokes aside for moment.
    First of all im talking about Spvp. <- this is important!

    But let's talk about pve for moment because why not...
    Counter in pve (openworld) is really bad for damage because mobs are too slow.. Players who ever used spellbreaker-warrior in open work surely know what im talking about .. counter duration is shorter than many mob animations and single target damage isn't that great. In pve-openworld its just better use core warrior or even berserker.. Yeah! power berserker in openworld still works and its a lot of fun. ... You know why counter regular mob when you can just kill them with weapon in second.. bem!..

    Spellbreaker's counter in pve is good for:
    1) aoe.. When lot of mobs hiting you. becouse there you migate multiple hits, easy to trigger and as aoe damage its ok.
    2) for bosses.. Not all but a lot of boss mechanic can be avoided by counter. This is most funny part of spellbreaker in pve where you can just stand still pop counter and eat lethal boss attack.

    Still i don't see any profit in spvp now.. it's just damage avoidance now.. mirage can do that a lot better just using dodge and even burn you during that.

    Spellbreaker is still tough enemy. but damage is low.. Feel like playing weaver.. sustain but no damage.

    whether or not using a spell breaker is not the issue. the topic is how many damage percentage is lost from pve to wvw (and prolly pvp as well).

    Guild Wars 2: Your Math Tèacher [MATH]
    Guild Wars 1: Scout of Your Math Teacher [MATH]
    Guild Wars 2: Digital Headhuntaz [aBrA]

  • Luna.6203Luna.6203 Member ✭✭✭

    @zionophir.6845 said:

    @Luna.6203 said:

    @zionophir.6845 said:

    @RedShark.9548 said:

    @Luna.6203 said:

    @RedShark.9548 said:

    @zionophir.6845 said:
    Hardcore Dmg on PvE mob boss around 8.something K. observed that in WvW, full counter is consistent at 2.7~K.

    so 50% decrease indeed.

    Consistent on medium and light armor i assume?

    Mesmer using light armor right ?

    crit:

    and that was with 8 might stacks btw.

    I forgot to say that i meant light and medium armor guards in camps

    WvW npcs are counted as WvW mobs. they got the lightest armor thus it is basically the base armor.

    that mesmer that you posted yeah, got prots, high armor++ and other sh1ts.

    try to do pve mobs Full Counter and WvW mobs full Counter and see the difference.

    so yeah.

    Okay let's put sarcasm and jokes aside for moment.
    First of all im talking about Spvp. <- this is important!

    But let's talk about pve for moment because why not...
    Counter in pve (openworld) is really bad for damage because mobs are too slow.. Players who ever used spellbreaker-warrior in open work surely know what im talking about .. counter duration is shorter than many mob animations and single target damage isn't that great. In pve-openworld its just better use core warrior or even berserker.. Yeah! power berserker in openworld still works and its a lot of fun. ... You know why counter regular mob when you can just kill them with weapon in second.. bem!..

    Spellbreaker's counter in pve is good for:
    1) aoe.. When lot of mobs hiting you. becouse there you migate multiple hits, easy to trigger and as aoe damage its ok.
    2) for bosses.. Not all but a lot of boss mechanic can be avoided by counter. This is most funny part of spellbreaker in pve where you can just stand still pop counter and eat lethal boss attack.

    Still i don't see any profit in spvp now.. it's just damage avoidance now.. mirage can do that a lot better just using dodge and even burn you during that.

    Spellbreaker is still tough enemy. but damage is low.. Feel like playing weaver.. sustain but no damage.

    whether or not using a spell breaker is not the issue. the topic is how many damage percentage is lost from pve to wvw (and prolly pvp as well).

    Prolly pvp as well ? are you fu..ehm...kitty trolling me ? This topic is obviously about spvp and damage test was made inside lobby on class practice NPC. This topic is not about comparing counter to pve damage .. i don't care about pve counter dmg. Actually I don't care at all. Whole thread is sarcasm btw.

  • alcopaul.2156alcopaul.2156 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 5, 2019

    you should care about pve dmg coz full counter was scaled to pve damage as its root.

    confirming the 50% reduction pve damage from hitting the WvW mobs is the solution to all the theorizing and bork bork math.

    Your Math Tèacher [MATH]
    Digital Headhuntaz [aBrA]

  • I'm all for nerfing warrior until players will be forced to think of their actions to be successful.

    ^ This screen was taken like yesterday? For sure it need fixes, since as far as I know Full Counter should have 300 range (and I'm pretty sure I was away from this 300 range aswell).
    Before anyone will start jumping "wololo ~1.4k dmg, so low wololo", this is the proper damage that should be from the very release of PoF in WvW and PvP.

  • @TrollingDemigod.3041 said:
    I'm all for nerfing warrior until players will be forced to think of their actions to be successful.

    ^ This screen was taken like yesterday? For sure it need fixes, since as far as I know Full Counter should have 300 range (and I'm pretty sure I was away from this 300 range aswell).
    Before anyone will start jumping "wololo ~1.4k dmg, so low wololo", this is the proper damage that should be from the very release of PoF in WvW and PvP.

    LTP

  • Atticus.7194Atticus.7194 Member ✭✭✭

    @Caedmon.6798 said:

    @Opopanax.1803 said:
    Lol. SB is definitely not worth playing for me at this point.

    It is,just try something else and dont rely on counter for dmg.Having some good fights atm with gs/hammie.Hits like a truck if u build right and u dont even need strength line for it.But yes,counter damage is just sad.

    @TrollingDemigod.3041 said:
    I'm all for nerfing warrior until players will be forced to think of their actions to be successful.

    ^ This screen was taken like yesterday? For sure it need fixes, since as far as I know Full Counter should have 300 range (and I'm pretty sure I was away from this 300 range aswell).
    Before anyone will start jumping "wololo ~1.4k dmg, so low wololo", this is the proper damage that should be from the very release of PoF in WvW and PvP.

    So a core defining skill should do 1/5-1/8 the damage of most of our other burst skills and basically be negligible? You're joking right? Nothing "proper" about it, also you're going to have to provide some actual substance to that argument aside from "it should cause I say so".

  • @Atticus.7194 said:

    @Caedmon.6798 said:

    @Opopanax.1803 said:
    Lol. SB is definitely not worth playing for me at this point.

    It is,just try something else and dont rely on counter for dmg.Having some good fights atm with gs/hammie.Hits like a truck if u build right and u dont even need strength line for it.But yes,counter damage is just sad.

    @TrollingDemigod.3041 said:
    I'm all for nerfing warrior until players will be forced to think of their actions to be successful.

    ^ This screen was taken like yesterday? For sure it need fixes, since as far as I know Full Counter should have 300 range (and I'm pretty sure I was away from this 300 range aswell).
    Before anyone will start jumping "wololo ~1.4k dmg, so low wololo", this is the proper damage that should be from the very release of PoF in WvW and PvP.

    So a core defining skill should do 1/5-1/8 the damage of most of our other burst skills and basically be negligible? You're joking right? Nothing "proper" about it, also you're going to have to provide some actual substance to that argument aside from "it should cause I say so".

    these people act like it has no counterplay and hits 100% of the time.

  • Yeah I dunno, Full Counter literally just feels like a glorified Mace 2, I don't know if I'll ever play SB over core at this point in sPvP.

  • Atticus.7194Atticus.7194 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 8, 2019

    @TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

    @Atticus.7194 said:
    So a core defining skill should do 1/5-1/8 the damage of most of our other burst skills and basically be negligible? You're joking right? Nothing "proper" about it, also you're going to have to provide some actual substance to that argument aside from "it should cause I say so".

    It should deal around 1-2k at top BECAUSE:
    1) deals damage
    2) it reduces next incoming damage by 100%
    3) free stab
    4) evasion 1/2s
    5) daze 1/2s
    6) max target: 5
    7) unblockable
    8) range: 300
    ^ This much on a skill that have like 12s cd? You want a skill that do this much stuff on it's own to deal 6k++ damage? Sorry, but no, amount of utility it gave with 6k+ damage was overpowered.
    The damage would be fine only if it was reducing next incoming damage by 100% and the range of 300, without everything else 6k+ would be at most "acceptable".

    @Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485 said:
    these people act like it has no counterplay and hits 100% of the time.

    Oh my, excuse me, how could I not notice an enemy SpellBreaker in 50v50 blob situation with all these shiny effects from pretty much every class, what a missplay oh my oh my.
    Counterplay is so called "you just don't have to hit it", well you know, there are skills that lock you in an animation and you can't just stop in the middle of it. Sometimes you drop AoE and even if you stow your weapon, war can walk into AoE to trigger it.
    It's not like it is buggy sometimes and Full Counter animation is shown 24/7, such fun.
    To your information, Good SpellBreaker will wait for a skill that can't be simply stopped and will use Full Counter on it. Bad SpellBreaker spammed Full Counter 24/7 whenever it was off cd and that was bad, since sometimes he got lucky and hit that 6k+ on enemy.

    I love when people make this argument, it's so silly.

    1.) 500-750 which is basically no damage
    2.) there is no threshold here so literally any damage triggers this ability so a 50 damage hit can and often is what is absorbed. Now consider the amount of random attacks flying at a spellbreaker in a teamfight in pvp or wvw and you can see why this isn't that big a deal.
    3.) 1 stack of stability for 2 seconds which again is basically negligible
    4.) evasion 1/2 is literally only there to function as an aftercast to allow the animation to trigger, it does nothing else
    5.) the daze is nice but not as important as the interrupt, if they removed the daze all together I'd be 100% content with just the interrupt
    6.) oh boy 5 targets? wow, not sure what your point is there
    7.) unblockable is nice but it's not undodgeable
    8.) range 300? um yea again what's your point? that's a pretty small area

    All of this is sacrificed for T3 bursts which DRAMATICALLY scale damage and allow us to get T3 adrenal health and berserkers power in one burst. At the end of the day we are giving up quite a lot to take spellbreaker and there has to be a point to it, right now it hits like a wet noodle and is basically an aoe ranger GS counterattack skill with much lower damage.

    Keep in mind I'm not saying it needs to do 6k damage, but an 83% nerf to 500-750 is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too harsh. Drop it down to 2-3k and I'm content.

  • @Caedmon.6798 said:
    I dont think being hit with full counter in a 50 v 50 fight is the thing you should be worrying about :)

    Hah, true, my bad for bringing blob fights in this, but I'm kinda tired of people defending unbalanced things. =)
    Even in small scale fights, it doesn't matter if you stop attacking SB, because someone else may poke it, so you get punished for someones else mistake and that's bad.
    One way or another, this skill gave too much benefits combined with high damage, it was over the top.

  • Quadox.7834Quadox.7834 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 26, 2019

    We should have less skills that do everything/too much in one skill, not more. This was a good nerf.

    // Yanim

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.