Request your fashion makeover - it's free!

@"DerJoker.9081" said:Hey Iris, I'm in desperate need of some fashion advice.

Some background info:I'm usually fairly good of on my own regarding fashion in gw2, nearly all my characters look how I imagine them.

I made this chart ranger to split my gear (healing and DPS) between my 2 rangers.My (now)healer is a sylvari that looks all fancy and magical, with aurora, infusions, Wings of Ascension etc.

I want the charr soulbeast to look a bit more beefy, combat ready, like a type of fighter that goes into battle head on, without relying on magic. I'd also love a touch towards heavy armor on him, with metal plating or something like that.Right now he uses Brahams Wolfblood Outfit with a green/brown/gold/pale blue colour scheme.

The ranger has the Priory's Historical Greatsword skin, which is one of my favourite non-magic skins, but I don't like the longbow skin of that set. I use the Auric longbow skin bit although I like the colours and the size (that "heavy" feeling it has) it is too magical for this character. I tried to match the character with the Priory's Historical Greatsword, regarding colour.

Can you help me? :/ :)

I'm brainstorming some outfits based on your description. Each has a varying degree of savagery and semi-modernity. Let me know which one piques your interest. Dyes are tentative to bring out the contrast and texture. Personally, I like the one with the Sand shifting longbow the most. Given the Priory Durmand is a collective of researchers, some archaeology element really fits the overall theme.

k8w0qoi.jpgdI2et16.jpgiGlMsx6.jpg7vycZw2.jpg2zY74DP.jpg

• 3 months later...

Hello. If your offer still stands I would like some suggestions for my renegade. She is norn female with black hair and red tattos on shoulders. I am serching for outfit that is practical more then shiny for a veteran warrior. I would like to keep some version of blindfold. It doesnt have to be norn based but it can be. Also if that is possible can you include suggestions for 2 swords and staff too? Thanks for your time.

@"ButcherofMalakir.4067" said:Hello. If your offer still stands I would like some suggestions for my renegade. She is norn female with black hair and red tattos on shoulders. I am serching for outfit that is practical more then shiny for a veteran warrior. I would like to keep some version of blindfold. It doesnt have to be norn based but it can be. Also if that is possible can you include suggestions for 2 swords and staff too? Thanks for your time.

Did you cehck the https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mistward_armor, itself? IMO one of the best heavy armors in game

@phs.6089 said:

@"ButcherofMalakir.4067" said:Hello. If your offer still stands I would like some suggestions for my renegade. She is norn female with black hair and red tattos on shoulders. I am serching for outfit that is practical more then shiny for a veteran warrior. I would like to keep some version of blindfold. It doesnt have to be norn based but it can be. Also if that is possible can you include suggestions for 2 swords and staff too? Thanks for your time.

Did you cehck the
, itself? IMO one of the best heavy armors in game

Yes, my revenant used it for more then 2 years (this is my first character so for pretty long time) but it doesnt feel right for renegade. It is great skin but I am looking for something more practical for renegade since I feel renegade is less focused on magic.

What do you mean by practical?

Actual armor that would actually work in real life?

That would rule out anything that bares your midriff - since that's where we keep all our vital organs.

It also rules out anything with a lot of spikes on it - like the Armageddon set. Since in real life, you'd be impaling your own head on your own shoulder spikes if your head got knocked to one side with a club. The Bladed armor set has so many places to snag your own arms and legs on, there's no way I'd want to wear it in a real fight.

Or by "practical" - do you just mean something that won't break your own sense of immersion and have you looking at your own character and constantly saying - "she looks more like a stripper than a warrior"?

Because that's totally subjective based on your preferences which I don't know.

Edit:

I just realized this is an old thread and the person asking is probably not even here anymore. Oh well. Sorry.

@"Irensaga.6935" said:What do you mean by practical?

That would rule out anything that bares your midriff - since that's where we keep all our vital organs.

It also rules out anything with a lot of spikes on it - like the Armageddon set. Since in real life, you'd be impaling your own head on your own shoulder spikes if your head got knocked to one side with a club. The Bladed armor set has so many places to snag your own arms and legs on, there's no way I'd want to wear it in a real fight.

Or by "practical" - do you just mean something that won't break your own sense of immersion and have you looking at your own character and constantly saying - "she looks more like a stripper than a warrior"?

Edit:

I just realized this is an old thread and the person asking is probably not even here anymore. Oh well. Sorry.

I am here. What I ment by practical was no spikes and no stripper. It can have magical/fictional elements but it shpuldnt ne over the top. Some spikes are ok but definitly not armagedon set. What is too much is too much.

Edit: i will post how my gear looks now in the morning

@Iris Ng.9845 great looks and makeover suggestions! =) If this is something your still interested in doing, I have some characters/looks I’d love input on!

1) My sylvari female necro, UngoliantëShe has a branch look with a thin physique, charcoal skin-tone, branch hairstyle and face with some spines on the nose (both are among the basic options). I use the demon mask “headpiece” (make-up really) and for me it is the only integral part of her look. She wore the lovely TA dungeon armor for a while but I wanted to change it up to something more original / unique to her character. She is not meant to be an evil or demonic character in any way, but rather it’s the cycle of nature, life from death, rebirth.

I like the tones of gold and red used in the demon mask and try to use similar colors at least as accents in the rest of her look. Silver doesn’t fit at all. I rather like the Lich (Arah Dungeon) skirt/leggings but have been disappointed with the large undyeable regions of the gloves and chestpiece. Plus the sleeves are too full rather than having the tattered look that I liked in the skirt. Or I could scrap that entirely and go with Egyptian-inspired or insect-themed look — I do use the scarab backpiece already. However, I don’t think the metallic elements of the various Elonian armors can be dyed, can they? I would love a very natural look, perhaps with some sylvari armors mixed in, but I haven’t found a combination that feels right.

2) My sylvari female mirage, AelináreHer name is my effort to derive something approximating “sunlight reflecting off water” from Tolkien’s Elven. I wanted to go with a more traditional Mesmer theme of dazzling beauty and deception. I’ve at times used the Glittering weapon armors (one of the few sets that can make an axe work with a ballgown, lol) or the Devoted Staff (gold works and I love the petals but some of the other skins such as the torch look rather bulky to me) and have considered Defiant Glass skins. She is currently attired in TA Dungeon chestpiece and skirt, Illustrious mask and Masquerade mantle and I like this look from the front but not from the back, unfortunately. Maybe there is a back piece that would cover how odd the mantle and chestpiece look together here or maybe I should start from scratch. Currently, I’m using shades of white/celestial, rose and various gold to go with the devoted staff. I almost like her look... but am also open to changing any and everything to get the feel I’ve wanted her to embody from the beginning.

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:Hello. If your offer still stands I would like some suggestions for my renegade. She is norn female with black hair and red tattos on shoulders. I am serching for outfit that is practical more then shiny for a veteran warrior. I would like to keep some version of blindfold. It doesnt have to be norn based but it can be. Also if that is possible can you include suggestions for 2 swords and staff too? Thanks for your time.

Did you cehck the

Yes, my revenant used it for more then 2 years (this is my first character so for pretty long time) but it doesnt feel right for renegade. It is great skin but I am looking for something more practical for renegade since I feel renegade is less focused on magic.

Hey there, sorry for the late reply. Do you have a reference image for how your renegade should look in mind?> @VDAC.2137 said:

@Iris Ng.9845 great looks and makeover suggestions! =) If this is something your still interested in doing, I have some characters/looks I’d love input on!

1) My sylvari female necro, UngoliantëShe has a branch look with a thin physique, charcoal skin-tone, branch hairstyle and face with some spines on the nose (both are among the basic options). I use the demon mask “headpiece” (make-up really) and for me it is the only integral part of her look. She wore the lovely TA dungeon armor for a while but I wanted to change it up to something more original / unique to her character. She is not meant to be an evil or demonic character in any way, but rather it’s the cycle of nature, life from death, rebirth.

I like the tones of gold and red used in the demon mask and try to use similar colors at least as accents in the rest of her look. Silver doesn’t fit at all. I rather like the Lich (Arah Dungeon) skirt/leggings but have been disappointed with the large undyeable regions of the gloves and chestpiece. Plus the sleeves are too full rather than having the tattered look that I liked in the skirt. Or I could scrap that entirely and go with Egyptian-inspired or insect-themed look — I do use the scarab backpiece already. However, I don’t think the metallic elements of the various Elonian armors can be dyed, can they? I would love a very natural look, perhaps with some sylvari armors mixed in, but I haven’t found a combination that feels right.

2) My sylvari female mirage, AelinárëHer name is my effort to derive something approximating “sunlight reflecting off water” from Tolkien’s Elven. I wanted to go with a more traditional Mesmer theme of dazzling beauty and deception. I’ve at times used the Glittering weapon armors (one of the few sets that can make an axe work with a ballgown, lol) or the Devoted Staff (gold works and I love the petals but some of the other skins such as the torch look rather bulky to me) and have considered Defiant Glass skins. She is currently attired in TA Dungeon chestpiece and skirt, Illustrious mask and Masquerade mantle and I like this look from the front but not from the back, unfortunately. Maybe there is a back piece that would cover how odd the mantle and chestpiece look together here or maybe I should start from scratch. Currently, I’m using shades of white/celestial, rose and various gold to go with the devoted staff. I almost like her look... but am also open to changing any and everything to get the feel I’ve wanted her to embody from the beginning.

Hi there, your sylvari characters sound lovely and rather complex in terms of designs and dyeing scheme Would it be possible for you to attach their screenshots? It'll be easier for me to work with from there.

@"Irensaga.6935" said:What do you mean by practical?

Edit:

PAUsMpf.jpgCredit: @eloisemarseille

I like being shiny. I also like battle high heels, bare midriff crop top or whatever fantasy elements introduced into the game. My church allows girls to wear whatever they want (and boys as well). So, move along, sis. Your preach falls over deaf ears.

Edit: my bois are definitely too sexy for his shirt <3gw233.jpg?width=839&height=472

Who's preaching?

My norn female warrior is decked out in the Stag armor set with vigil helm and gloves, and whispers boots and the Silverwastes shoulder piece, because the set looks really cool and accepts dyes really nicely. Minimal clipping, I think it looks great.

But I'm not going to pretend for a moment that a real warrior would be able to wear that getup without getting the snot kicked out of her.

@"Iris Ng.9845" said:Hi there, your sylvari characters sound lovely and rather complex in terms of designs and dyeing scheme Would it be possible for you to attach their screenshots? It'll be easier for me to work with from there.

Ungoliantë in her current attire -- Arah Dungeon plus some sylvari vines that mostly aren't visible:https://imgur.com/zLRZtHoI like the skirt part but the chestpiece and the gloves (already changed out of those) had too many beige undyeable regions. :disappointed: You can see some of this above in the chest and shoulder areas. Current weapons are mostly whatever until I figure out how to develop her look. I do like the appearance of the green torch, however. Here I was browsing different wardrobe options and I have always liked the sylvrari dryad armor:https://imgur.com/Dmiv8qiI tried various Elonian armor for something different but, event though the metal is dyeable, the whole look just doesn't feel right to me -- maybe it's too formal and not organic enough.

Aelináre in her current attire and devoted staff:https://imgur.com/inK8aZ7I really like her look from the front (although also would be open to going a totally different route, perhaps one that better evokes the dazzling sunlight reflected off water that I was originally going for). From the back, I don't like how the mantle appears. A backpiece could potentially fix it, but it would have to be a more subtle option that most I've seen -- no flying more banners than a fortress, lol.https://imgur.com/rRpGrjZI look forward to seeing what you come up with! :3 And thank you! <3

@Iris Ng.9845 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:Hello. If your offer still stands I would like some suggestions for my renegade. She is norn female with black hair and red tattos on shoulders. I am serching for outfit that is practical more then shiny for a veteran warrior. I would like to keep some version of blindfold. It doesnt have to be norn based but it can be. Also if that is possible can you include suggestions for 2 swords and staff too? Thanks for your time.

Did you cehck the

Hey there, sorry for the late reply. Do you have a reference image for how your renegade should look in mind?> @VDAC.2137 said:

1) My sylvari female necro, Ungoliantë
She has a branch look with a thin physique, charcoal skin-tone, branch hairstyle and face with some spines on the nose (both are among the basic options). I use the demon mask “headpiece” (make-up really) and for me it is the only integral part of her look. She wore the lovely TA dungeon armor for a while but I wanted to change it up to something more original / unique to her character. She is not meant to be an evil or demonic character in any way, but rather it’s the cycle of nature, life from death, rebirth.

2) My sylvari female mirage, Aelinárë
Her name is my effort to derive something approximating “sunlight reflecting off water” from Tolkien’s Elven. I wanted to go with a more traditional Mesmer theme of dazzling beauty and deception. I’ve at times used the Glittering weapon armors (one of the few sets that can make an axe work with a ballgown, lol) or the Devoted Staff (gold works and I love the petals but some of the other skins such as the torch look rather bulky to me) and have considered Defiant Glass skins. She is currently attired in TA Dungeon chestpiece and skirt, Illustrious mask and Masquerade mantle and I like this look from the front but not from the back, unfortunately. Maybe there is a back piece that would cover how odd the mantle and chestpiece look together here or maybe I should start from scratch. Currently, I’m using shades of white/celestial, rose and various gold to go with the devoted staff. I almost like her look... but am also open to changing any and everything to get the feel I’ve wanted her to embody from the beginning.

Hi there, your sylvari characters sound lovely and rather complex in terms of designs and dyeing scheme Would it be possible for you to attach their screenshots? It'll be easier for me to work with from there.

Well, I dont know what am I looking for. I know that I dont like bulky shoulders, boots and gloves. I would like something that cover most of the skin (having naked arms bellow shoulders works because it feel nornlike to me but naked belly for example is not a good idea).This is like my renegade looks like now: https://ibb.co/HqzwDSXI am serching for diferent skin on diferent gear. Fantasy traits are ok with me (like those stockings-like leggins). Right now I am totaly clueless so I would apritiate any suggestion you can have. Thanks

Hi Iris Ng.9845,

I have logged on here for the first time in years to ask for your help. I recently have been playing through the story on a new Char character. I am in LW3 and he just looks terrible. Could you recommend a good look for a middle aged, male, larger Char (guardian/dragon hunter). He would be the cliché type of a hero who is learning how powerful he could be but downplays it... maybe leaking magic, but has had a hard past (maybe darkish), but wants to save everyone at the expense of himself. I do like bold colors (blue being my favorite). I like dark colors as well. Maybe a dark color (black/grey/blue) with a magical tone (blue/silver/red/green)? I really have no idea what would be fashionable. For gear design I really am at a loss. I suppose I like more triangle/spike than round sphere. I have gems to spend if there are some items from there. I will change hair color/face if needed. Also could you recommend a primary mount and style to go with the new style? Maybe even a pet? Also his primary weapon will be the Great Sword. Something that would match a hero and have some type of effect to go with the overall theme.

@"Iris Ng.9845"I'd like some help with my Charr necro, if you don't mind! He's a sort of unusual charr in that he tends to be rather stiff-backed. He is a tidy and reserved individual with a sardonic wit. He identifies himself as a soldier or a scout, so very military, but is also something of a scholar as well. He'll climb something just to see what the view looks like from on top; he'll worm his way down some hole just to see what's at the bottom; while he does respect folks' privacy (so he won't go through your stuff unless it's necessary), he'll definitely ask invasive questions. He's loyal to the Ash Legion and to the Durmand Priory (though his clothing isn't necessarily influenced by either one), and his specific interests run along the Blood Magic aspect of necromancy. Before becoming a necromancer, he was a thief, and he's still got that light-on-his-feet quality; he's dextrous, stealthy, and his preferred weapon is a dagger.

I'm really looking for two outfits for him, but this first is more important and the one I'd rather get help on. His everyday outfit I imagine being like a military dress uniform, rather understated and modestly cut. Not too bulky (I really dislike the trend of Huge Pauldrons). At the moment I'm really enjoying the Seer top, so I'd love to see outfits that incorporate it. (Not a fan of the Seer bottom, though). I like the concept of a longer uniform coat, if that effect is possible. One note: I do not want the eyes covered. It's a personal preference, i like seeing the eyes.

Here's a few screenshots where I've been experimenting about with mantles and pants. Dyes used are Iron/Spruce/Dapple/Sea Ice. While I am not tied to these dyes, I'd love to keep the same general color scheme, unless you have an idea that's way better.Inquest MantleAscalonian MantleApprentice PantsOrnate Guild pants

As for the other outfit: His mission clothes, for when he expects to be seeing some action. This would probably be more culturally Charr, and more practical as well. Again, I don't want anything really bulky. I haven't messed about with this yet, but I've considered the Carapace set, Dry Bones set, or alternatively a sleeker route with little to no loose bits, good for climbing and scrambling. The dyes for this one don't necessarily need to match the ones for his everyday uniform; at the moment I don't have a specific vision for dyes, though.

Like I said: the first outfit is more important, since he'll probably be wearing it more often. As for budget: Gem store hurts but is doable for the right look, but I'd rather not use items tied to game modes (ie the WVW/PVP sets), since at the moment I'm enjoying sticking to open world and I'll get to the other content in my own sweet time, if ever.

• 1 month later...

@Byronic.8947 said:@"Iris Ng.9845"I'd like some help with my Charr necro, if you don't mind! He's a sort of unusual charr in that he tends to be rather stiff-backed. He is a tidy and reserved individual with a sardonic wit. He identifies himself as a soldier or a scout, so very military, but is also something of a scholar as well. He'll climb something just to see what the view looks like from on top; he'll worm his way down some hole just to see what's at the bottom; while he does respect folks' privacy (so he won't go through your stuff unless it's necessary), he'll definitely ask invasive questions. He's loyal to the Ash Legion and to the Durmand Priory (though his clothing isn't necessarily influenced by either one), and his specific interests run along the Blood Magic aspect of necromancy. Before becoming a necromancer, he was a thief, and he's still got that light-on-his-feet quality; he's dextrous, stealthy, and his preferred weapon is a dagger.

I'm really looking for two outfits for him, but this first is more important and the one I'd rather get help on. His everyday outfit I imagine being like a military dress uniform, rather understated and modestly cut. Not too bulky (I really dislike the trend of Huge Pauldrons). At the moment I'm really enjoying the Seer top, so I'd love to see outfits that incorporate it. (Not a fan of the Seer bottom, though). I like the concept of a longer uniform coat, if that effect is possible. One note: I do not want the eyes covered. It's a personal preference, i like seeing the eyes.

Here's a few screenshots where I've been experimenting about with mantles and pants. Dyes used are Iron/Spruce/Dapple/Sea Ice. While I am not tied to these dyes, I'd love to keep the same general color scheme, unless you have an idea that's way better.Inquest MantleAscalonian MantleApprentice PantsOrnate Guild pants

As for the other outfit: His mission clothes, for when he expects to be seeing some action. This would probably be more culturally Charr, and more practical as well. Again, I don't want anything really bulky. I haven't messed about with this yet, but I've considered the Carapace set, Dry Bones set, or alternatively a sleeker route with little to no loose bits, good for climbing and scrambling. The dyes for this one don't necessarily need to match the ones for his everyday uniform; at the moment I don't have a specific vision for dyes, though.

Like I said: the first outfit is more important, since he'll probably be wearing it more often. As for budget: Gem store hurts but is doable for the right look, but I'd rather not use items tied to game modes (ie the WVW/PVP sets), since at the moment I'm enjoying sticking to open world and I'll get to the other content in my own sweet time, if ever.

When it comes to the Military Uniform, I absolutely adore the Hussar and the Seer coat resembles it quite a bit. I let the below image be my inspiration:tRbqD8q.jpg

There would be two options: The first one would be a more aged, decorated type of general, his look would be more decorated and he would wear a big mantle of the sort.KG98ytC.jpgHpMkTIp.jpg

The second one would be a younger, more active-duty type of commander, he would wear more combat-oriented garment and his facial scar has some interesting background story.iDkPM25.jpg

If green and red combo seems too Christmas-y for you, you can apply other color schemes used by the militants of other countries around the world. I found tons of illustrations on pinterest: https://pinterest.ca/pin/522769469222806855/?lp=true

@VDAC.2137 said:

@"Iris Ng.9845" said:Hi there, your sylvari characters sound lovely and rather complex in terms of designs and dyeing scheme Would it be possible for you to attach their screenshots? It'll be easier for me to work with from there.

Ungoliantë in her current attire -- Arah Dungeon plus some sylvari vines that mostly aren't visible:
I like the skirt part but the chestpiece and the gloves (already changed out of those) had too many beige undyeable regions. :disappointed: You can see some of this above in the chest and shoulder areas. Current weapons are mostly whatever until I figure out how to develop her look. I do like the appearance of the green torch, however. Here I was browsing different wardrobe options and I have always liked the sylvrari dryad armor:
I tried various Elonian armor for something different but, event though the metal is dyeable, the whole look just doesn't feel right to me -- maybe it's too formal and not organic enough.

in her current attire and devoted staff:
I really like her look from the front (although also would be open to going a totally different route, perhaps one that better evokes the dazzling sunlight reflected off water that I was originally going for). From the back, I don't like how the mantle appears. A backpiece could potentially fix it, but it would have to be a more subtle option that most I've seen -- no flying more banners than a fortress, lol.
I look forward to seeing what you come up with! :3 And thank you! <3

For sylvari, as soon as we are able to nail the color scheme, every piece would fall together perfectly.For Ungoliante, I keep the Arah skirt as a centerpiece. I use a mixture of brown, beige, brick red and a flash of green to match with your character color and her favorite green torch. Here are some ideas for mixing and matching:v3tsQoP.jpg3VvaCWv.jpgrWY34KA.jpgUd5RJCC.jpgMg2OR2U.jpg

For Aelináre, I think she's very striking and doesn't need much change. As for a suitable backpiece, I suggest Fervid Censer or Desert Rose. I played a bit with the theme for the Defiant Glass staff and it's lovely as well.

A91VJ90.jpgaHMB0Ib.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

@"Zeedus.5684" said:Hey, think you could give me a go? My scrapper Engineer. I'd like something that makes him look a little more armored up, the build I'm running is a tanky one. Idk how this works, but here's a picture. X.xhttp://prntscr.com/oto104Others can correct me, but IMO there really isnt any "heavy" armor medium skin for Asura. There's breastplate sure but its skintight. Most medium armor is just small plates over portions of it, kneepads and the like. Bulkier armor is just... bulkier, not so much plate. If you want a better gemstore outfit, then the Dynamics Exo Suit is much more thematically fitting. The newer Mist Stranger outfit is also good if you want lots of shiny plate.