What Reward track are you working on? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

What Reward track are you working on?

Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'm curious, assuming you're not working towards a specific goal like GoB or to unlock a complete set of skins, what reward track do you choose to work on?

I've been doing Heart of Maguuma recently because I wanted to unlock all the Auric Weapon skins; now that's done, so now I'm working on the Leystone Armor skins, even though I don't really care for them, so I'm wondering if I could be completing something more profitable.

Just to note, I'm not working on a leg that requires a GoB, I have about 350 WvW potions tucked away in case I need a track completed urgently (like if I decided I needed a GoB :) ), and I also have 10 unopened Triumphant Armor boxes in the bank. I've also already completed all the non-repeatable tracks that reward 7 clovers.

Suggestions?

Comments

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

As a caveat to that question I would like to know which track gives the most Tomes of Knowledge.

• Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Strider Pj.2193 said:
    As a caveat to that question I would like to know which track gives the most Tomes of Knowledge.

Most reward 1 per tier, but some dont. You can always check on the wiki https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/WvW_Reward_Track and see which ones give them each tier.

You also get a ToK from leveling up your WvW rank, so keeping that WXP flowing will also help. I have over 500 ToK in my bank atm on a 12month old account =/

• EremiteAngel.9765EremiteAngel.9765 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'm currently doing every track 10 times each and storing the end reward chest on a mule so anytime I need something in a particular track I would already have 10 of those chests ready.

• Etterwyn.5263Etterwyn.5263 Member ✭✭✭

I'm going through the Heart of Thorns tracks on my main account, just for something to do. I might switch over to the Dry Top bug weapons though.

On my 2nd account I'm doing the Dry Top bugs, since that'll give me a free piece of Ascended (I'm up to 3 pieces from drops so far).

In both cases, I hoard all my WVW daily potions in case there's something I decide I want quickly. I'm up to a few hundred on each account. No more Gifts of Battle for me! I'm in the process of my 4th and final map completion now, and even with mounts, I know I can't bring myself to ever do that again.

WvW™ - where you find more Red Rings of Death than an Xbox repair facility.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

Most reward 1 per tier, but some dont. You can always check on the wiki https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/WvW_Reward_Track and see which ones give them each tier.

You also get a ToK from leveling up your WvW rank, so keeping that WXP flowing will also help. I have over 500 ToK in my bank atm on a 12month old account =/

I understand. but was looking to see if any of the bags in any of the tracks contained them as well.

• HazyDaisy.4107HazyDaisy.4107 Member ✭✭✭✭

Dungeon tracks for the collection AP, I'm currently on COE.

[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination - Sorrows Furnace

• Jeknar.6184Jeknar.6184 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 8, 2019

I do Sandswept Isles reward track for the Volatile Magic and the Material shipments. Note that only Istan and SS have the Wood Shipment at the 38th reward while the other LS4 tracks do not.

Ferguson's Crossing Mithril Squire (Rank 5001) - PvP Phoenix (Rank 72) - 30k Achievement Points
    Exalted Kawagima, Calamis Fatima, Hanna Flintlocke, Suzuhara Suzuka, Sally Furious Ant, Sabetha Deadeye, Bjarl of Souls, Lilian Mistwalker, Kelvena Riverstream, Zallha Wildhunt

• Pterikdactyl.7630Pterikdactyl.7630 Member ✭✭✭✭

I do the Triumphant Reward Track over and over because I like to experiment with builds and it has all stat sets available. Every time a LW episode comes out, I'll chug down 80 potions of that reward track so I can get the map skin. Otherwise I'll switch to a different one if I need something in particular.

Interested in some off-meta Revenant roaming? Click below.

Shiro/Mallyx | Shiro/Jalis | Shiro/Ventari | Mallyx/Ventari | Mallyx/Jalis | Hybrid Herald

[IH] Invoking Harmony

• kash.9213kash.9213 Member ✭✭✭

I usually work up to a full stack of whatever a new episode currency is after getting what I need from that map and then I go back to Gift of Battle track, there's enough filler variety on that one to sell or hold and since I don't get a lot of time to play I just build up to slowly turn my main gear set into legendary.

Northern Shiverpeaks [EL]

• Siren's Landing is a good way to stack Orrian Pearls if you want to get fairly easy select-a-stat ascended back items. I also do Sandswept Isles for the Difluorite Crystals (stat selectable ascended ring) and Material Shipments are a nice bonus.

• juno.1840juno.1840 Member ✭✭✭

whatever track gives clovers.

• Ni In.6578Ni In.6578 Member ✭✭✭

Crystal Desert... Because it's awesome. Like the server.

[VII] Spectre Legacy - Declared Best NA Guild by Grimaldi
    Crystal Desert Consul Member and President of Scrubs; declared most toxic server NA by Z E Y
    [VII] wants fights! Please bring your pug rangers for UD progress.

• DemonSeed.3528DemonSeed.3528 Member ✭✭✭✭

If I'm not collecting for a specific skin/rune/sigil/token from dungeon track, then I am either going to do any track which gives shipments to slowly inch my way to collecting enough mats for whatever reason, but by default I am almost ALWAYS doing triumphant armor or crystal desert reward track because I need as many exotic armors that I can select stats with to test builds of which I am disgustingly obsessed with doing. That and I kind of hate crafting them, especially if they are exo since it would probably be bad for the non existant gold I have. I would prefer triumphant armor since those can be salvaged, but I do desert ones if I don't care about losing the runes in the armor or just need some yellows & trade contracts along the way.

• Optimator.3589Optimator.3589 Member ✭✭✭

Bloodstone and Triumphant are my general defaults.

REDUCE NA TO 3 TIERS

• LaGranse.8652LaGranse.8652 Member ✭✭✭

Got blodstone fen rewardtrack on infinite loop so when I need new accessories I can easilly buy them.

• Istan, its the best gold per track.

• GWMO.4785GWMO.4785 Member ✭✭✭

Gift of Battle one. This is mainly because i already have finished the rest. But the GoB does give me a valuable combo of items which i find worth repeating the track for. Tomes are important for me. I keep making (and deleting) characters. including for the weekly key farm. Mystic Clovers are another reason. Even tho i dont actively farm or save up for a legendary. These will come in handy if i decide to do so. And the final gift itself. Again i dont need it, but it will if i decide to go for it. Also if i ever get bored with wvw. i dont have worry about setting foot in there for a long while. cause i got plenty of that

• Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

Gift of Battle because I enjoy getting Gemstones and don't really care about anything else.

Other than that I will probably switch to the Kourna one because I want to craft the backpiece and have Shards to spare for the inevitable Aurora 2.0 we all know it's coming better stock up on stacks of map currency before it's upon us.

• juno.1840juno.1840 Member ✭✭✭

@LaGranse.8652 said:
    Got blodstone fen rewardtrack on infinite loop so when I need new accessories I can easilly buy them.

I recommend getting the karma harvesting tools from Bitterfrost. That way you can acquire the volatile magic (or whatever it's called) since you like quite a bit for the trinkets, amulet, and back piece.

I put about 8 of each (12 of the sickle) into the bank.

• Kylden Ar.3724Kylden Ar.3724 Member ✭✭✭✭

Triumphant Armor, just trying to finish the whole sets.

How many times we gotta tell you GRIND IS NOT CONTENT there ANet?

Leader of Tyrian Adventure Corp [TACO], [RaW][TACO] Alliance, Kaineng.

• Rysdude.3824Rysdude.3824 Member ✭✭✭✭

Each LS4 episode tracks until i get 250 of each map currency just in case the new ring will need it.

• LaGranse.8652LaGranse.8652 Member ✭✭✭

@juno.1840 said:

@LaGranse.8652 said:

I recommend getting the karma harvesting tools from Bitterfrost. That way you can acquire the volatile magic (or whatever it's called) since you like quite a bit for the trinkets, amulet, and back piece.

I put about 8 of each (12 of the sickle) into the bank.

I just pick and eat some winter berries usually. More.. convenient in my opinion

• Rashagar.8349Rashagar.8349 Member ✭✭✭

I think I'm currently working on the ambrite weapons collection. I know I swapped at some point to a dungeon reward track to make some progress towards completing that collection finally, but the ambrite weapons are something I actually like. I get so easily distracted though that I'll probably log in and find that I'm doing something else entirely and I can't remember why.

• Khailyn.6248Khailyn.6248 Member ✭✭✭

I've been doing GoB and triumphant armor tracks, but its been advised to me by my guild officers to save potions for the holiday reward tracks (halloween, wintersday) for profit down the line.

• I always have Istan on repeat. Wood/Leather/Trophy caches are extremely valuable and also nice to have for contribution towards legendary gear if you instead decide to keep those items.

I believe anything with Magic-Warped Bundles (anything that awards Unbound Magic) to also be a good choice if profit is what you're interested in.

[JEEP] [IH] [HUNT] | Necromancer | Maguuma | Diamond Legend
    You've got those dangerous eyes ... ♫

• TheGrimm.5624TheGrimm.5624 Member ✭✭✭✭

Bloodstone Fen for the blood rubies. Zone has all 3 ascended trinkets with stats that can be reset for the next set of elite specializations that are launched or if you want to try new builds and need to switch some stuff. Also saves all your WvW tickets for the legendary armor.

Envy the Madman his musing when Death comes to make fools of us all.
    De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.
    TheGrimm PoTBS/GW1/WAR/Rift/GW2/MWO/ESO/WoT/WoW/D2/HoTS/Civ6/CU/AoC

@TheGrimm.5624 said:
    Bloodstone Fen for the blood rubies. Zone has all 3 ascended trinkets with stats that can be reset for the next set of elite specializations that are launched or if you want to try new builds and need to switch some stuff. Also saves all your WvW tickets for the legendary armor.

It has the back piece, rings, and amulet. I wish it had the ‘accessory’ one. (Earings in some areas)

• TheGrimm.5624TheGrimm.5624 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@TheGrimm.5624 said:

It has the back piece, rings, and amulet. I wish it had the ‘accessory’ one. (Earings in some areas)

Good catch, my all 3 was a poor word choice on my part, back piece, amulet and rings, but no accessories. But still being able to reset them is a nice added feature outside of the WvW and PvP ones we can acquire.

Envy the Madman his musing when Death comes to make fools of us all.
    De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.
    TheGrimm PoTBS/GW1/WAR/Rift/GW2/MWO/ESO/WoT/WoW/D2/HoTS/Civ6/CU/AoC

@TheGrimm.5624 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@TheGrimm.5624 said:

Good catch, my all 3 was a poor word choice on my part, back piece, amulet and rings, but no accessories. But still being able to reset them is a nice added feature outside of the WvW and PvP ones we can acquire.

Absolutely! I do the same and run the bitterfrost one for the stats in the earings.

• alcopaul.2156alcopaul.2156 Member ✭✭✭

heart of maguuma for the skins and the machetes

Your Math Tèacher [MATH]
    Digital Headhuntaz [aBrA]

• alcopaul.2156alcopaul.2156 Member ✭✭✭

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:
    I'm curious, assuming you're not working towards a specific goal like GoB or to unlock a complete set of skins, what reward track do you choose to work on?

I've been doing Heart of Maguuma recently because I wanted to unlock all the Auric Weapon skins; now that's done, so now I'm working on the Leystone Armor skins, even though I don't really care for them, so I'm wondering if I could be completing something more profitable.

Just to note, I'm not working on a leg that requires a GoB, I have about 350 WvW potions tucked away in case I need a track completed urgently (like if I decided I needed a GoB :) ), and I also have 10 unopened Triumphant Armor boxes in the bank. I've also already completed all the non-repeatable tracks that reward 7 clovers.

Suggestions?

completing the Leystone Armors will give you an Ascended Piece Chest.

Your Math Tèacher [MATH]
    Digital Headhuntaz [aBrA]

• crepuscular.9047crepuscular.9047 Member ✭✭✭✭

done all the dungeon tracks to unlock every single dungeon weapons, left over armor pieces will be funded through dungeon tokens

currently working on my 13th desert armor chest (2 from PvP) to unlock Warbeast sets, but occasionally switch over to GoB, currently have 4 sitting in bank

might work on getting the 6 Legacy armor boxes to get tribal armor skins
    since rank 2000 for Mistforged Triumpant Hero armor is is so far away, because i've been slacking off spending time in WvW lately after getting backpiece done, in the past week I only gain 7 levels, so gonna take me 3-4 years to get there

AND this really depends on the zergs also, sometimes it takes a good 5 hours to get 2 levels because your zerg constantly getting crushed; when the commander switches map the opposing zerg's spying accounts see it and switches over to your map and crush your zerg again

[RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]     [TTS] [KA] [SI]     [RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]
    Praise the Inevitable Eternal Transcendent King Palawa Ignacious Joko, the Beloved and Feared Undying Eternal Monarch of All !!!
    ... til Aurene ate him for dessert 😭
  • Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭

@alcopaul.2156 said:
    completing the Leystone Armors will give you an Ascended Piece Chest.

Yeah I know, which is why I picked that over the Chalk weapon option. So from all the responses I've seen it looks like there are no real 'bad' options, which is good!

@crepuscular.9047 said:
    done all the dungeon tracks to unlock every single dungeon weapons, left over armor pieces will be funded through dungeon tokens

I started on those when I first got into WvW, but since they don't award Mystic Clovers in the final chest, I feel I'm better off with other tracks for now.

• Safandula.8723Safandula.8723 Member ✭✭✭✭

in case of pure gold its the best to do the last ls reward track, since u gai nthe highest amount of these currencies(those crystals), and u can consume them and turn into T6 in domain of istan. But if not in terms of gold than i still do the LS4 reward track to have bank full of currencies

• Usually Istan for the crystals. Converting them to leather shipments has brought me a nice income without doing PvE or trading on the side. Also conventient, since you can just collect the crystal stacks until you have time to visit istan.

I think the prices for leather are lower at the moment... haven't checked on the wood shipment in comparison yet.

@Dediggefedde.4961 said:
    Usually Istan for the crystals. Converting them to leather shipments has brought me a nice income without doing PvE or trading on the side. Also conventient, since you can just collect the crystal stacks until you have time to visit istan.

I think the prices for leather are lower at the moment... haven't checked on the wood shipment in comparison yet.

1 shard from istan is giving 3-5 voltaile magic, while others give 15-25. also from the ep5 u get random crystals from boxes during the reward track which gives around 70-80(not sure) crystals per track. multiple it with 20, and divide per 250 vm per shipment. its around 6 g of income on avarage per track

• @Safandula.8723 said:
    1 shard from istan is giving 3-5 voltaile magic, while others give 15-25. also from the ep5 u get random crystals from boxes during the reward track which gives around 70-80(not sure) crystals per track. multiple it with 20, and divide per 250 vm per shipment. its around 6 g of income on avarage per track

I have trouble understanding your point (maybe because of unknown abbreviations).
    I try to compare rewards of Istan and thunderhead in volatile magic currency.

Usually, I buy shipments directly for 60 ore. that's 3-5 volatile magic per ore, so avg 4 = 240 volatile magic.
    So let's say converting and directly buying is similarly expensive.
    The thunderhead reward track grants 7 thunderhead coffers (1 branded mass each) and the cache 60 + 100 volatile magic.
    Branded mass to volatile magic is 15-25, so 20 on avg, meaning 1 thunderhead reward track gets 6720+100=1440 volatile magic
    Istan also has 7 coffers with 1 ore each, but the final reward is 250 ores + 100 volatile magic.
    This relates to 257
    4+100=1128 volatile magic.
    Jahai, Kourna, and Sandswept only get 57 of their currency, so thunderhead gives per default more volatile magic.

So, thunderhead currency converted to volatile magic to buy leather shipment is probably 25% more profitable than doing istan.
    Also, the volatile magic helps to keep the inventory cleaner ;)

• Jeknar.6184Jeknar.6184 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Dediggefedde.4961 said:
    So, thunderhead currency converted to volatile magic to buy leather shipment is probably 25% more profitable than doing istan.

Thunderhead don't have the wood shipment on reward #38 tho like Istan and Sandswept.

Ferguson's Crossing Mithril Squire (Rank 5001) - PvP Phoenix (Rank 72) - 30k Achievement Points
    Exalted Kawagima, Calamis Fatima, Hanna Flintlocke, Suzuhara Suzuka, Sally Furious Ant, Sabetha Deadeye, Bjarl of Souls, Lilian Mistwalker, Kelvena Riverstream, Zallha Wildhunt

@Dediggefedde.4961 said:

@Safandula.8723 said:

I have trouble understanding your point (maybe because of unknown abbreviations).
    I try to compare rewards of Istan and thunderhead in volatile magic currency.

Usually, I buy shipments directly for 60 ore. that's 3-5 volatile magic per ore, so avg 4 = 240 volatile magic.
    So let's say converting and directly buying is similarly expensive.
    The thunderhead reward track grants 7 thunderhead coffers (1 branded mass each) and the cache 60 + 100 volatile magic.
    Branded mass to volatile magic is 15-25, so 20 on avg, meaning 1 thunderhead reward track gets 6720+100=1440 volatile magic
    Istan also has 7 coffers with 1 ore each, but the final reward is 250 ores + 100 volatile magic.
    This relates to 257
    4+100=1128 volatile magic.
    Jahai, Kourna, and Sandswept only get 57 of their currency, so thunderhead gives per default more volatile magic.

OH i didn't know istan provides 250 from final reward, so yea it's similar. But as u mentioned still some more

@Jeknar.6184
    U van convert currencies into volatile magic and buy shipments on istan

• @Jeknar.6184 said:
    Thunderhead don't have the wood shipment on reward #38 tho like Istan and Sandswept.

Yes, instead, you get a tome. which is completely reasonable for a reward track you only get by finishing a story arc that lead you through multiple lv80 maps...

So the wood shipment would have been 1g and 250 volatile magic. If I belief this page then with leather the 1g would have taken (82s reward - 40s loss = 42s win per 100 volatile magic) 238 volatile magic. So in total istan would get a theoretical value in volatile magic currency of 1128 (see above) +250 (buying wood) + 238 (1g from buying wood) = 1616.
    Which is then again 15% more than the thunderhead reward track...

Things are somehow complicated...

• Hesacon.8735Hesacon.8735 Member ✭✭✭✭

I want to do dungeon tracks, but they don't award mystic clovers so I don't. They're too valuable to pass up.

@Hesacon.8735 said:
    I want to do dungeon tracks, but they don't award mystic clovers so I don't. They're too valuable to pass up.

I do them only if I am making a legendary that requires it.

Unless I can get someone to run the dungeon lol.

• Straegen.2938Straegen.2938 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 13, 2019

Dungeon tracks for the achievements. Halloween/Winter tracks when they are up for the 20 slot bag and gold. If none are up that I need, I run Sandswept for the crates and the 2.5g item at the end.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.