ETA until episode 6?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Squirrel.6318 said:Thanks. I've never known the timeframe.

Well the time frame has been pretty consistently inconsistent. Their window original puts it at 2 to 3 months. But we've had quite a few delays this season so it's really anyone's guess.

Super Adventure Box begins around April 1st and will probably last a month, so if it isn't March it's probably going to be may. May would be... 4 months? What was episode 2 to 3 gap? Was it 4 or 5 months? And the same team, so given that, the fact that it's the final of the season, and the SAB, as much as I would like it to be in March I wouldn't be surprised to see it in May. Especially given they're jumping into another season instead of an expansion.

The frame is incosistent.They aim for 2-3 months, but thats only an aim, not a release schedule.Realistically speaking, its always around 2.5-3 months, or sometimes a bit over 3 months.

Januari eighth saw the release of All or Nothing.So theoretically speaking we can expect episode 6 from March 12th, but realistically closer to 2nd, 9th, or 16th of April.

The release schedule is 1 episode every 2-3 months. Meaning a minimum of 2 months, and a maximum of 3, unless there's problems which delay it. Also new releases are always on a Tuesday.

All or Nothing came out on the 8th of January. So episode 6 will not be any time before 8th March, but that's a Friday, so it would be the 12th at the earliest. It could be any time between then and the 2nd (or, if you allow 1 day extra in the 3 month window, the 9th) of April without being late.

If it's going to be later than that they'll tell us. But within that period we shouldn't expect to hear anything until they're ready to announce the episode, which is usually 1-2 weeks before it's released.

Daybreak - November 28, 2017A bug in the system - March 6, 2018 - 3months 1 week after DaybreakLong live the lich - June 26, 2018 - 3months 2 weeks after A bug in the systemA star to guide us - September 18, 2018 2months 3weeks after long live the lichAll or nothing - January 8, 2019 - 3months 3 weeks after A star to guide us

I'd say next episode will release on mid or late April after super adventure box.

@"Shadowmoon.7986" said:Will there be an episode 6? I thought we were going to season 5 episode 1.When asked that question in the celebration forum mike avoided the question.https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/65268/redbull-article#latest

Wiki page has an episode 6 TBA on it and a lot of people say it's confirmed.

Considering the way the last episode ended though I'd be more than content to call that the season finale and move on to the next season.Certianly felt like a finale to me.

I don't know what to expect from episode 6 in all honesty.. but I highly doubt it'll be as epic as All or Nothing was.. that's going to be one hell of a hard episode to top.I guess the next episode will be kinda filler to setup the next season.. although if the Story is going where I predict it is then it'll still be a good episode with some cool setups :D

@"Shadowmoon.7986" said:Will there be an episode 6? I thought we were going to season 5 episode 1.When asked that question in the celebration forum mike avoided the question.https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/65268/redbull-article#latest

The Devs mentioned Episode 6 in a recent 'Guild Chat' video. They talked about working on it, so..../shrug

@"Randulf.7614" said:Ep5 was also delayed to avoid the down beat tone coinciding with Xmas. That may or may not bring forward the date

I didn't realise that was the reason, but it definitely makes sense. That ending, followed immediately by "Yay! Wintersday! Time to celebrate!" would be quite jarring and I can imagine some people might complain it's inappropriate.

@Danikat.8537 said:

@"Randulf.7614" said:Ep5 was also delayed to avoid the down beat tone coinciding with Xmas. That may or may not bring forward the date

I didn't realise that was the reason, but it definitely makes sense. That ending, followed immediately by "Yay! Wintersday! Time to celebrate!" would be quite jarring and I can imagine some people might complain it's inappropriate.

Whether that was the only reason, I don't know. When it was raised during the AFC, a sly wink was replied by the devs so it's clear it was a factor

@Randulf.7614 said:Ep5 was also delayed to avoid the down beat tone coinciding with Xmas. That may or may not bring forward the date

It would also have been delayed if it wasn’t such a happy episode, because it was wintersday.The weeks after the release are also very busy with fixing bugs, game issues, and design flaws.There are always thing you can’t acount for in a test setting.

They intentionally waited till after the festive season calmed down. And it was fine, because the festive seasonmaintains itself pretty well ingame.