Your Favorite Secret Areas

Alimar.8760

All of these are not necessarily secrets but rather small special spots for me in these maps, beware for a long list:

1. Black Citadel in general, it's underrated
  2. The mini dungeon in Diessa Plateau
  3. Fields of Ruin - the small Whispers base in Ebonhawke
  4. Blazeridge Steppes - The water area near the Behem Gauntlet JP with the underwater areas. Theres a trek spot indeed, I've done it before!
  5. Black Citadel - the door you cant cross in the northwest corner, I believe it is part of some old content, theres a room you cannot go to
  6. Ascalonian Catacombs - Turkey room
  7. Ascalonian Catacombs - secret room after last boss
  8. Divinitys Reach - under the map
  9. Divinity's Reach- the Shining Blade hideout in the story
  10. LA - All the story instances in there because old LA.
  11. Queensdale - inside the water pipes
  12. Bloodtide Coast - one of the "secret" pretty areas southeast part of the map
  13. Wayfarer Foothills - the narrow passage that leads through the mountains, theres some spiders around there, I just think its a neat little route, minus the spiders
  14. Lornar's Pass - the mini dungeon
  15. Lornar's Pass - all the other little caves
  16. Lornar's Pass - Griffonrook run
  17. Dredgehaunt Cliffs - The mini dungeon
  18. Timberline Falls - the coil area to the southeast corner, as well as the little secret area southwest by the swamp, and Only Zuhl
  19. Frostgorge Sound - underwater everything
  20. Caledon Forest - secret unfinished JP
  21. Rata Sum Jail
  22. Strraits of Devastation - the secret cave. Boinus points to anyone who knows what Im talking about. Also, the catacombs
  23. Malchor's Leap - all the underground areas
  24. Cursed Shore - underwater
  25. The Silverwastes - the whole JP underground area and the secret breakout
  26. Tangled Depths - Breaking out
  27. Tangled Depths that one tricky MP
  28. Tangled Depths - Secret disco room
  29. Tangled Depths - that area in the north, forgot the name, theres water and stuff
  30. Just.. Tangled Depths
  31. Auric Basin - the ley-line Jp with the mushrooms
  32. Auric Basin - Primetooth's little cave
  33. Dragon's Stand - the story areas
  34. Dragon's Stand - the area with legendary wyvern and pods (not the wyvern nest but thats cool too)
  35. Bloodstone Fen - the secret area behind the raid portal
  36. Ember Bay - Chalice of Tears
  37. Lake Doric- the pretty area with the stairs and lots of unbound magic
  38. Draconis Mons - everything. And the JP.
  39. Siren's Landing - the JP
  40. Caudecus' Manor - Caudecus' faces back when lws3 ep 4 didnt exist
  41. Citadel of Flame
  42. Crucible of Eternity
  43. Fractals - in the water level :P
  44. Arah is full of beautiful places, both in story and explorable
  45. Desert Highlands - under the map
  46. Desert Highlands - secret floating city
  47. Desert Highlands - Dwarven Ruins
  48. Domain of Vabbi - the jackal puzzle
  49. Jahai Bluffs as a whole honestly
  50. I could probably come up with more but yeah

Super Adventure Box toxic falls area World 1 Zone 3.

When I first discovered this area I was surprised at a) how hidden the area was b) you needed an item from World 2 to access it c) how secretive it was to navigate the initial acid maze. I had thought ANet maybe included the Kaiser Snake boss in this area because from afar the end of this secret area almost looks like it conceals an acid lake. Naturally I was so hyped. To my disappointment it led to two 50 Bauble chests and a 1-Up. Oh well :^(

@"Squirrel.6318" said:

would not mind a potentially lore breaking quest that revives gwen, back to the human she once was, to be one of the main heroes in gw2

OMG, yes. That moment was just jaw-dropping.

Yes, I started with Prophecies, and I did the Gwen thing. Then later on a different character, I dug through the tunnels under Kamadan and stomped through the mountains outside Boreal Station, and there was this huge building, and I descended to the bottom of it.

And this woman comes out and describes who's in charge of the building, and finishes, "I'm Gwen." There's a permanent dent in my floor where my jaw hit it.

There are also several rooms in guild halls (At least in Gilded Hollow and Lost Precipice) that have been blocked off. They're fully modeled rooms and my assumption was that they were intended to expand as further development of guild halls continued. But we've seen how that's worked out... :(

@"Tails.9372" said:The place where Doctor Manhattan is:

5xYNN32.jpg

oh! he has a name? I wondered why a t-pose model was there.Also as I've broken every map in game, I have too many places to count, I especially like my wvw hiding places for dorking off, but the inner vault of the gilded hollow is my latest break "still unsure why the door was never openable".

@avey.4201 said:

@"Tails.9372" said:The place where Doctor Manhattan is:

5xYNN32.jpg

oh! he has a name? I wondered why a t-pose model was there.Also as I've broken every map in game, I have too many places to count, I especially like my wvw hiding places for dorking off, but the inner vault of the gilded hollow is my latest break "still unsure why the door was never openable".

I've been trying to get into that area forever! How on earth....

I managed to get under the crystal chamber platform but not quite into that chamber.

Well after finally getting under Windswept Haven and exploring, I can say that there isn't much more to be seen than what's on the surface. But...

When running around the mine in Windswept Haven, I found a secret fake wall that led further into a mine that I have never noticed before. Maybe others have, but there is indeed a fake wall there you can walk through. It's not a lot to look at, but it's a fun little surprise!

@"cptaylor.2670" said:Well after finally getting under Windswept Haven and exploring, I can say that there isn't much more to be seen than what's on the surface. But...

When running around the mine in Windswept Haven, I found a secret fake wall that led further into a mine that I have never noticed before. Maybe others have, but there is indeed a fake wall there you can walk through. It's not a lot to look at, but it's a fun little surprise!

If you get under windswept at night, thought, the stars come out and its like swimming through the universe.

@"avey.4201" said:Also as I've broken every map in game, I have too many places to count, I especially like my wvw hiding places for dorking off, but the inner vault of the gilded hollow is my latest break "still unsure why the door was never openable".

I decorated two robots having a date behind those doors. Was able to put in the teleporting mirrors in there so now we can visit it anytime we want.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...