Chasing Tales Issues [Merged]

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That thing about Preemptive Strike is a red herring. Even if it is not completed Deadly Accuracy still won't work. Even after 60 kills(some of the other weapons require 60 kills instead of 30, in this case they were also all branded as well). Kept track by the number of karmic retribution items. Also while they are named the same they actually have different item IDs so they shouldn't interfere with each other. This makes it even more broken but it also makes more sense.

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:Hey folks,

I talked to one of the designers on Chasing Tales, and they did some investigation into the bugs being reported. Looks like the issues with both rifle and axe have been noted, replicated, and confirmed and fixes should be rolling out in an upcoming build.

We're sorry for the issues that you're having and will get that all tidied up ASAP.

I can confirm that the the rifle can now be completed after the patch, even for those of us who were stuck on Deadly Accuracy. Thanks guys!

@Nidome.1365 said:To complete the rife achievement I need Chasing Tales: Preemptive strike.Killed 15 consecutive creatures with rifle today without taking damage (I checked the combat log) and yet still no achievement :(Is there a bug with this achievement now?

Elusive Skirmisher for the shortbow seems to have the same issue, killed 22 consecutive mobs without damage and no achievement.

@Susy.7529 said:I don't know what to say about you but I just did it yesterday (on fishes around dredge area) and it all went fine.

Ty for the info, but tried today in dredge area, put myself on the ice floe and shooting at the fishes from there. (No possibility of hit since i'm on land and them underwater) And still, 0 achievement. Pretty weird seem to be bugged for some players. If it can help, I done in order: Guidance -> Deadly accuracy -> Cruelest Efficiency -> ... bugged

EDIT: finally got it, but a real bug there, after killing 26 enemies without being hit.

• 2 weeks later...

I am not sure, if it has been reported, but:When buying Chasing Tales stories from Forge Master Hilina, it is possible for me to buy multiple times the same book, thus it is easy for mistake and losing gold+branded mass. There is no prompt "you have already unlocked it", so I think it would be nice if it was there. Maybe one-time service purchase per account would help?

Seems that only me have some specific issue ?The Chasing Tales: Wossaul the Giant(shild) first 2 is checked properly, but 3# is non cheeked,(not green) but there is no any second open sub achievement (it easy see because I complete all possible achievements in this block, but this still non done)

I think that this specific 3# can be reseted only directly (

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

half year later .. may be someone find to avoid this issue? this is still uniq and only me have that ?

@lare.5129 said:Seems that only me have some specific issue ?The Chasing Tales: Wossaul the Giant(shild) first 2 is checked properly, but 3# is non cheeked,(not green) but there is no any second open sub achievement (it easy see because I complete all possible achievements in this block, but this still non done)

I think that this specific 3# can be reseted only directly (

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 1/2/2020 at 11:14 PM, Kitrace Starbird.1742 said:

Most of these went through for me, but I'm stuck on the dagger. As previous posters have noted, all of the dagger deeds are done, but the top level summary isn't tracking them as complete and preventing the last step. Hope this gets fixed at some point, I've submitted 2 bug reports in game.

2 Years Later.... I decide to go back and complete the Heroic Collections.  Dagger is still bugged to death, won't trigger completion of the 5 Rear Strikes, or the 30 Kills. Thought it was something I was doing wrong until I came in here and read how screwed the whole thing is.