+5 simple infusion exploit or not? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

+5 simple infusion exploit or not?

Is it considered an exploit to buy a +5 simple infusion from the fractal reliquary for 25 relics and then sell it to the fractal merchant for 5 bags of relics totaling 75 relics?
For those who don't know, the +5 infusion only comes up for sale very infrequently and you can only buy 1 item per day from the fractal reliquary, so it's not a big deal.

Tagged:

Comments

• @Gaile Gray.6029 said:
    I just talked to a Fractals Team member and he said that actually, the process described above is perfectly acceptable. No worries here -- no exploit!

My initial best guess was that the low frequency at which it would be possible to do this is a primary driver for it being not-an-exploit, but of course I'm not in charge of making these decisions.

@Biff.5312 said:
    Exercise your whimsy.

• Cyninja.2954Cyninja.2954 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 13, 2019

@Vegeta.2563 said:

@JMaarse.7086 said:
    Is it considered an exploit to buy a +5 simple infusion from the fractal reliquary for 25 relics and then sell it to the fractal merchant for 5 bags of relics totaling 75 relics?
    For those who don't know, the +5 infusion only comes up for sale very infrequently and you can only buy 1 item per day from the fractal reliquary, so it's not a big deal.

Considering the cost it takes to get the Fractal Reliquary, I see this as reasonable trade off.

Yeah was about to say, if you had the 1k+ gold to get the Fractal Reliquary (currently at around 1.3k gold), then who cares about those occasional 50 fractal relics? The 20 bag slot bags alone are a bigger return (which you can occasionally buy for 25 frelics instead of 150, 200 or 250 respectively).

It's good to have confirmation though.

• Eloc Freidon.5692Eloc Freidon.5692 Member ✭✭✭✭

Another reason why being rich can make you richer with no effort. Getting Fate Breaker is an item that is desired to get as soon as possible if you can afford it.

• phs.6089phs.6089 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:
    Another reason why being rich can make you richer with no effort. Getting Fate Breaker is an item that is desired to get as soon as possible if you can afford it.

There are ways to get ascended amulets and salve them. e.g not spend your laurels on t6 bags.

"There is always a lighthouse, there's always a man, there's always a city."

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

@JMaarse.7086 said:

How can you even think that this could be considered an "exploit"?? I am speechless.

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

Yeah, or not spend 1.3k gold on this and recuperating slowly over some years your investment. I love how people always forget the initial cost.

I certainly can afford Fatebreaker a couple of times over, but given I run fractals daily, why should I spend this amount of gold on some additional fractal relics?

• mtpelion.4562mtpelion.4562 Member ✭✭✭

@phs.6089 said:

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

There are ways to get ascended amulets and salve them. e.g not spend your laurels on t6 bags.

Do the Unbound/Volatile Magic vendor amulets have a chance to drop it?

• phs.6089phs.6089 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 14, 2019

@mtpelion.4562 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

Do the Unbound/Volatile Magic vendor amulets have a chance to drop it?

No, they don't or excellence won't hit 1k gold.
    I'll tell you even more. PoF amulets are not salvageable at all.

"There is always a lighthouse, there's always a man, there's always a city."

• The Unbound Magic vendor amulets can drop Salvaged Excellence. I got one last week from salvaging a Bloodstone Fen amulet, and another a few months ago from one of them (I can't recall which, but I know it was from a LS3 map). You can get ascended amulets from Unbound Magic vendors in Bloodstone Fen, Lake Doric, Draconis Mons, and Siren's Landing. As for Volatile Magic, I don't believe any of the VM vendors offer ascended amulets.

edited February 15, 2019

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

Yeah, or not spend 1.3k gold on this and recuperating slowly over some years your investment. I love how people always forget the initial cost.

I certainly can afford Fatebreaker a couple of times over, but given I run fractals daily, why should I spend this amount of gold on some additional fractal relics?

I love how you assume I didn't account for the initial cost.

The money maker is the daily ascended ring that you can salvage for profit. At a chance of up to 25 matrices per slot you put on the ring (approx 25 gold jackpot). Plus any other useful item if you don't pick the ring. If you DO fractals every day you would be using this for a worst case scenario 500+ extra gold a year. I low balled the hell out of the calculations.

It makes money. Look into what it actually provides and at the numbers before you shoot it down. However, assumptions are made about someone buying or leeching their way to a large sum of gold if they didn't know this.

edited February 15, 2019

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

The money maker is the daily ascended ring that you can salvage for profit. At a chance of up to 25 matrices per slot you put on the ring (approx 25 gold jackpot). Plus any other useful item if you don't pick the ring. If you DO fractals every day you would be using this for a worst case scenario 500+ extra gold a year. I low balled the hell out of the calculations.

It makes money.

Yes, and the amount of times you get that 25 matrices salvage result is 1 every 100 days or so. The average salvage rate is closer to 4-5 per ring (if attuned) and 6-7 (if attuned and infused which requires it to drop infused since upgrading to infused is not worth it).

To get 500 gold per year in pure gold, you would have to get a net profit of 1.37 gold per day in matrices. That's an average of 4 matrices net profit. Good Luck on that. So even your "low ball" assumption (which is basically not low ball at all) you would need close to 3 years to RoI.

Yes, the rich get richer truly....

Meanwhile with some slight brain, those 1.3k gold could have been spent on buying Superior Sigil of Concentration at 2.5 gold during Wintersday and doubled (currently at market price) or tripled or more in the future.

The Fractal Reliquary is absolutely in line with any of the other "daily use" items which generate value, as in it takes years to pay back its investment.

edited February 15, 2019

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

It makes money.

Yes, and the amount of times you get that 25 matrices salvage result is 1 every 100 days or so. The average salvage rate is closer to 4-5 per ring (if attuned) and 6-7 (if attuned and infused which requires it to drop infused since upgrading to infused is not worth it).

To get 500 gold per year in pure gold, you would have to get a net profit of 1.37 gold per day in matrices. That's an average of 4 matrices net profit. Good Luck on that. So even your "low ball" assumption (which is basically not low ball at all) you would need close to 3 years to RoI.

In your case doing fractals every day, you can afford to upgrade your rings with all their slots and those that drop in fractals. You can instead pick the ascended salvage kit with 20 uses to save you 20 gold every once in a while. The kits alone save you an extra gold per salvaged ring so getting to 1.37 gold a day is easy.

Why am I'm trying to convince you to buy one?

(if attuned and infused which requires it to drop infused since upgrading to infused is not worth it)

What are you using your account bound resources on otherwise if its not worth it?

edited February 15, 2019

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

It makes money.

In your case doing fractals every day, you can afford to upgrade your rings with all their slots and those that drop in fractals. You can instead pick the ascended salvage kit with 20 uses to save you 20 gold every once in a while. The kits alone save you an extra gold per salvaged ring so getting to 1.37 gold a day is easy.

Why am I'm trying to convince you to buy one?

You do realize upgrading to infused is not worth the gold right?

You do realize that buying that 20 gold ascended salvage kit reduces the return on invest? I was already assuming one goes by the cheapest method of salvaging available (as in they drop hopefully enough so one has not to buy).

EDIT: and no, you do not get enough materials to upgrade to infused by doing daily fractals. I am currently sitting on close to 200 shards, and less than 10 globs and vials. Downgrading shards costs gold.

What are you using your account bound resources on otherwise if its not worth it?

Read my edit. Any person using their materials regularly will run out of globs and vials real fast.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

Read my edit. Any person using their materials regularly will run out of globs and vials real fast.

What are you using them on?

Meanwhile with some slight brain, those 1.3k gold could have been spent on buying Superior Sigil of Concentration at 2.5 gold during Wintersday and doubled (currently at market price) or tripled or more in the future.

That can be said about anything. Capitalize on every method to make bank.

edited February 17, 2019

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:

What are you using them on?

You mean the 1-2 vials or globs one gets every couple of days?

The supply of vials and globs when doing T4 fractals is to low to infuse daily. Reason being that you complete 3 fractals on T4 (where you get shards) and then complete 1 more rec which drops shards (51-75), 1 more which drops globs (26-50) and 1 more which drops vials (1-25).

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.