ETA until episode 6?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Daddicus.6128 said:No, I thought it was an official statement from the company, that it would go directly to Season 5. Can't remember where I saw it though, and I may be mis-paraphrasing it.

They said we'd go directly from season 4 to season 5 without an expansion between. That statement didn't say anything clear about number of episodes.

While there are some possible reasons for an optimistic launch date in mid-March, it does sound like April would be likely for a few reasons. I don't think SAB is one, since it'll probably have the same content as last year. But if double-booking is not a thing, then I'm going to bet on mid-April for S4E6.

[Edit: I do have this horrible suspicion it's going to come forward due to the delay of the last episode, and clash with the release of something else I want to play...]

One thing that might affect it is that Seattle is currently frozen (pun intended) by a massive snow storm.

I'm not sure what exactly the impact on Anet is but I know a lot of businesses are either closed or have very few staff because people simply can't get in. (The weather is very unusual for that part of the world so the infrastructure isn't there to deal with it - they don't have enough/any snow ploughs, people don't have snow tires for their cars etc. - and since the whole place is basically hills sloping down to the sea people are very cautious about taking the chances.)

I know the release is still a long way away, but if being unable to work on it now puts them a week behind (approximately) they may not be able to catch up to release on time.

@Daddicus.6128 said:I thought they were going to LW Season 5 after episode 5.

@Daddicus.6128 said:No, I thought it was an official statement from the company, that it would go directly to Season 5. Can't remember where I saw it though, and I may be mis-paraphrasing it.

The going to season 5 directly after season 4 has been officially announced. However, the number of episodes for either haven’t. The first clue that we got about season 4 having six was when they announced around episode 3 that they were halfway through the season. Then again they mentioned a sixth episode was being worked on during a recent guild chat.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Hybarf Tics.2048 said:In between April 16th and 30th. B)

Ugh, that would be a bummer.4 out of the last 5 episodes were all above 3 months, so my estimate isn't far off.Season 3 episode 6; July 25th, 2017Episode 1; November 28, 2017 = 4 months, 3 days laterEpisode 2; March 6, 2018 =3 months, 1 week, 2 days laterEpisode 3; June 26, 2018 = 3 months, 2 weeks, 6 days laterEpisode 4; September 18, 2018 = 2 month, 3 weeks, 2 days laterEpisode 5; January 8, 2019 = 3 months, 3 weeks laterEpisode 6; April 16th to 30th, by the time it does come out season 4 will have taken, 1 year and 9 months approximately.I sincerely hope season 5 will not take as long or hopefully the 3rd expansion will be in between episodes, if not we are looking at a disastrous possible

launch window of January 2021 for the 3rd expansion which would cause a lot of players to bail out.@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:They've been consistent.No they have not, 4 out of 5 releases were above 3 months one of them even above 4 months, based on that the 2 to 3 months window is no longer valid.All this is caused, I think in part that the maps are way bigger than they used to be, which is I think a good thing.The down side is bigger maps = more time. :s

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

They said we'd go directly from season 4 to season 5 without an expansion between.
That
statement didn't say anything clear about number of episodes.

Yeah, that could be it. Sorry for the misinterpretation.

@Hybarf Tics.2048 said:

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:They've been consistent.No they have not, 4 out of 5 releases were above 3 months one of them even above 4 months, based on that the 2 to 3 months window is no longer valid.All this is caused, I think in part that the maps are way bigger than they used to be, which is I think a good thing.The down side is bigger maps = more time. :s

Those look like 3 month gaps between episodes to me. Pretty consistent.

@Hybarf Tics.2048 said:

@Hybarf Tics.2048 said:In between April 16th and 30th. B)

Ugh, that would be a bummer.4 out of the last 5 episodes were all above 3 months, so my estimate isn't far off.Season 3 episode 6; July 25th, 2017Episode 1; November 28, 2017 = 4 months, 3 days laterEpisode 2; March 6, 2018 =3 months, 1 week, 2 days laterEpisode 3; June 26, 2018 = 3 months, 2 weeks, 6 days laterEpisode 4; September 18, 2018 = 2 month, 3 weeks, 2 days laterEpisode 5; January 8, 2019 = 3 months, 3 weeks laterEpisode 6; April 16th to 30th, by the time it does come out season 4 will have taken, 1 year and 9 months approximately.I sincerely hope season 5 will not take as long or hopefully the 3rd expansion will be in between episodes, if not we are looking at a disastrous possible

launch window of January 2021 for the 3rd expansion which would cause a lot of players to bail out.@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:They've been consistent.No they have not, 4 out of 5 releases were above 3 months one of them even above 4 months, based on that the 2 to 3 months window is no longer valid.All this is caused, I think in part that the maps are way bigger than they used to be, which is I think a good thing.The down side is bigger maps = more time. :s

Id say 3 out of 5 episodes so far have gone over 3 months. Based on the time between content updates ofc because thats what matters and not the time between each episodes.

Between ep6 and ep1 pof released on September making the episode 1 take aprox 2 and smth months.

Still episodes 2,3 and 5 were delayed. Which as you said is them being inconsistent.

I also dont agree that bigger means better, these maps have the size but i argue they dont have the content and replayability necesarily.

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

@"Glider.5792" said:Either it will release in middle of March, or SAB will come realy early this year (middle of march) and last around 3 weeks. If SAB comes early, ep6 will release in the middle of April.

They can and have LW chapters release to overlap seasonal events.

They can, but dont want to, or at least is a really bad choice. Why put 2 content releases in the same patch, when you can span them over 8 weeks without losing anything, yet delay the "content drought" with it. LS hype is already dead after 1-2 weeks for most players.The main point is, they want to span out content, so that they retain players for longer. Alot of people come back during major patches, so if they release LS and a Festival at the same time, those players will come back, play for a week, and then dissapear again. Meanwhile, if those 2 are spanned out, they will return again shortly after for the other major release.

I hope for their sake that they are working on an expansion, not working on one is like playing Russian roulette. If their intent were to make LS bigger and more fun and eventually charging a DLC price they would loose me perma... I will never pay for DLC here as long as it's only a n LS episode.Since Anet as usual is unwilling to tell it like it is. Here's the possible scenario.a) episode 6 in April.Possible outcome Kralkatorrik dieAugust / September season 5.1The story might bring us to Jormag or Primordius or Bubblesif the story brings us to bubbles without an expansion, that will mean the end of expansions and me coming here. B)

@Hybarf Tics.2048 said:I hope for their sake that they are working on an expansion, not working on one is like playing Russian roulette. If their intent were to make LS bigger and more fun and eventually charging a DLC price they would loose me perma... I will never pay for DLC here as long as it's only a n LS episode.Since Anet as usual is unwilling to tell it like it is. Here's the possible scenario.a) episode 6 in April.Possible outcome Kralkatorrik dieAugust / September season 5.1The story might bring us to Jormag or Primordius or Bubblesif the story brings us to bubbles without an expansion, that will mean the end of expansions and me coming here. B)

my speculation for the outcome after the Season 4's finale will be the War between Races and the Commander will be left completely alone proving his worth to everybody he can, but won't be able to stop the preparation between the Anti-Dragon vs Anti-KillingDragon Factions.

Also the Finale will put the Commander on the lose position, no one will ever care about what we say. I doubt there is still any hope for Aurene to return, only nothingness will remain.

But well, we still have the last beacon of hope - the Pale Tree, so maybe she'll give us a clue.

I think if anything we will see Aurene come back, we’ll kill Kralk in his old resting spot, and it will somehow lead to a charr war fighting over excess magic or something. Though theoretically there wouldn’t be that much excess magic because Aurene would have done her thing.

Or who knows. Maybe Kralk is really an illusion created by Lyssa and we’re all really in a vision created by Kralk, and this is all just a fractal that’s been messed up by Ark, and Ark is really Scarlett, and we’re alp still trapped in Mordremoths mind.

@"cptaylor.2670" said:I think if anything we will see Aurene come back, we’ll kill Kralk in his old resting spot, and it will somehow lead to a charr war fighting over excess magic or something. Though theoretically there wouldn’t be that much excess magic because Aurene would have done her thing.

Or who knows. Maybe Kralk is really an illusion created by Lyssa and we’re all really in a vision created by Kralk, and this is all just a fractal that’s been messed up by Ark, and Ark is really Scarlett, and we’re alp still trapped in Mordremoths mind.

Or you only say nonsense. :P