"Extremely awesome" WvW Announcement Next Week - Page 5 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

"Extremely awesome" WvW Announcement Next Week

Comments

• whoknocks.4935whoknocks.4935 Member ✭✭✭✭

Before implementing mounts to WvW they need to do a great analysis of all objectives, if not wrong in EB a tower is without walls on a certain side, because it's on a higher ground, so if you have a jumping mount you can enter inside and take that tower for free.
    Not sure about other objectives, but for sure mounts with full mobility unlocked could be able to bypass lots and lots of towers or keeps.

• Kylden Ar.3724Kylden Ar.3724 Member ✭✭✭✭

What is this erroneous assumption that Mounts would have all the abilities and masteries that they have in PvE?

I have gliding maxed in WvW, and I don't recall being able to catch updrafts, or ride ley lines. Or drop bombs.

I can glide with infinite endurance, which might have been a mistake, but it's not a full copy paste of PvE.

One would assume the same for mounts. Odds are they will have ONE mount, most likely just the raptor. Or even the skimmer, as it's slowest, the engage does little damage (assuming they even allow engage skills) and it's evade ability is limited.

How many times we gotta tell you GRIND IS NOT CONTENT there ANet?

Leader of Tyrian Adventure Corp [TACO], [RaW][TACO] Alliance, Kaineng.

• Artaz.3819Artaz.3819 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 13, 2019

My guess is ANet finally added the legendary WvW skins for the final armor sets. We'll all /laugh at them but they are in.

EDIT: Nevermind, it is randomized finishers. Wow, totally over thought that. /wink /s

• Did they ever announce what the exciting thing was?

• LetoII.3782LetoII.3782 Member ✭✭✭✭

@kins.3294 said:
    Did they ever announce what the exciting thing was?

When it's next week. It's not next week yet

[HUNT] the predatory instinct

• @LetoII.3782 said:

@kins.3294 said:

Didn't they make the announcement last week? Wauw... Days just blend together these days

• Straegen.2938Straegen.2938 Member ✭✭✭

@whoknocks.4935 said:
    Before implementing mounts to WvW they need to do a great analysis of all objectives, if not wrong in EB a tower is without walls on a certain side, because it's on a higher ground, so if you have a jumping mount you can enter inside and take that tower for free.
    Not sure about other objectives, but for sure mounts with full mobility unlocked could be able to bypass lots and lots of towers or keeps.

If mounts are implemented and it works like gliding, players won't be able to activate a mount in hostile territory so no worries about being able to bypass hostile barriers.

• StrawHat.2639StrawHat.2639 Member ✭✭✭

At this point, which day exactly will they announce this WvW update?

Most of my guildmates are against mounts and I certainly will significantly reduce my available gaming hours for other games.

Just stick it into EOTM if people want mounts so bad in a pvp environment you might get tags and blobs back that way in there.

Sanji
    Lost last glimmer of enthusiasm for WvW

Anet dragon has finally defeated the
    **WvW WarBorn **
    He's over 7000!
    Havok lover with a sprinkle of Zerging

• Most likely when they do their community wvw stream is my best guess. I always miss that so I don't know when to watch.

Disciples of the monkey god [Apes]

• LetoII.3782LetoII.3782 Member ✭✭✭✭

@kins.3294 said:

@LetoII.3782 said:

@kins.3294 said:

Didn't they make the announcement last week? Wauw... Days just blend together these days

Ikr

Seems like there should be a guild chat coming soon, good place for extremely awesome announcements.. Maybe it was mounts and they actually do read the forums.

[HUNT] the predatory instinct

• Bear.9568Bear.9568 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 13, 2019

T5 & T6 incoming

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

From the ‘that’s a really bad idea’ department: At next relink we will be merging NA and EU. We will be pairing the most populated NA server with the least populated EU server, and the most populated EU with the least populated NA. Links will remain as they are currently. We will not create any further tiers. The servers will be based in Madagascar to even out the lag.

Thank You for the {MEME}

• Ni In.6578Ni In.6578 Member ✭✭✭

Host the servers in Antarctica so everyone has the same 500ms ping. Just make sure to introduce artificial latency for AUS/NZ folks using tc.

[VII] Spectre Legacy - Declared Best NA Guild by Grimaldi
    Crystal Desert Consul Member and President of Scrubs; declared most toxic server NA by Z E Y
    [VII] wants fights! Please bring your pug rangers for UD progress.

• Straegen.2938Straegen.2938 Member ✭✭✭

My hope is that it is build templates... long overdue.

• Nimon.7840Nimon.7840 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Straegen.2938 said:

@whoknocks.4935 said:

If mounts are implemented and it works like gliding, players won't be able to activate a mount in hostile territory so no worries about being able to bypass hostile barriers.

That's not what I would be most worried about, but you can wipe complete zerg in your own territory by using mounts abilities then.
    Also it gets way easier to defend keeps and towers cause you can enter them anywhere. Which is pretty bad, because that's already easier than taking the keep or tower

• Kilo.2539Kilo.2539 Member ✭✭✭

If the really exciting news is "mounts" I may just quit playing tbh.

• X T D.6458X T D.6458 Member ✭✭✭✭

If I had to guess its legendary weapon/trinkets. It would likely work by upgrading the ascended version like we have with armor.

Somewhere chasing bags....

Legendary anything isn't that exciting or awesome.

Crystal Desert Consul Member and President of Scrubs; declared most toxic server NA by Z E Y

• X T D.6458X T D.6458 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Ni In.6578 said:

No, but it would boost population for a few months with afk pip farmers, supply wasters in smc, and clueless people using magic find food and running around in zerk gear getting one shotted. On the bright side, more bags :)

Somewhere chasing bags....

• People keep talking about mounts or getting rid of down states, which may or may not be nice from a certain point of view, but certainly not "Extremely Awesome" Anything short of having to fight zerg on zerg on zerg over an open pit of viper quaggan, who viciously crunch any player falling to their clutches, will fall short of that term for me. But I am open to being surprised.

• Everything legendary for wvw would be an awesome change!

Disciples of the monkey god [Apes]

edited February 13, 2019

@X T D.6458 said:

@Ni In.6578 said:

No, but it would boost population for a few months with afk pip farmers, supply wasters in smc, and clueless people using magic find food and running around in zerk gear getting one shotted. On the bright side, more bags :)

As a perma-tier 4 CD lyfer, you wouldn't believe how good Chocolate Omnomberry Cream is. You don't need good food against anyone who drops into T4.

CD has tier 4 down to a science. Never push anything but last place while the other two servers keep the body bags flowing.

• tom.4051tom.4051 Member ✭✭

New CDI program starting Soon(™)

• Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

You know, they don't have to implement every mount with every ability and upgrade. They could develope one with a very different ability more balanced for wvw.

Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

• Lociaz.4027Lociaz.4027 Member ✭✭
    edited February 14, 2019

@Ni In.6578 said:
    Host the servers in Antarctica so everyone has the same 500ms ping. Just make sure to introduce artificial latency for AUS/NZ folks using tc.

I think they will do some performance fix etc. And introduce the brand new Amazon Servers that came in December 2018 in Sweden.

As I know the closest servers before that was in Netherlands. Most of my friends close to Netherlands have better ping than I have in WvW.
    Most of Europe have 40-60ping.

But we can always hope for some performance boost / fix.

Cheers!

https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/aws/now-open-aws-europe-stockholm-region/

• XenesisII.1540XenesisII.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 14, 2019

Obviously the announcement is going to be they're adding a Battle Royale mode to wvw, it's the new bandwagon these days.

Eotm map will be converted to support this change.
    It will not be blue green red sides, all gates will be removed.
    It will not have scoring, and chests will be randomly placed around areas of interest, these chests will provide for you a random weapon for your class or an armor piece of the blue green yellow qualities, you can also loot player corpses and hope they have armor for your class type. The keep may have some extra goodies.
    Games will comprise of 15 teams of either 3 or 5 player groups, who will spawn in randomly at the 4 front points of interest in each side and the 3 towers, not the keeps or supply areas.
    If you solo queue, you will given a random blue item to begin with when the match starts.
    Banners will be placed around the middle area to display the current kill leader and mug shots of their team, you can buy additional poses in the black lion shop, chair poses are also usable, outfits and black lion weapons would also look super cool here wink wink twitchy wink.
    The area will shrink 2 times every 5 mins down to the small middle area of the map, first to the outer tower ring, then down to the supply depot ring.
    The winning team will spawn in lion's arch so they can immediately brag about it in general chat, plus awarded 1 gold, and you can also earn pips while in the battle royale.
    Also a 2 gold entry fee, have to keep the wvw cost to reward tradition intact.

Another derailing post ^ - Anet
    "Is there pvp stuff for this?" - "Absolutely, eh we actually have a new armor set coming soon." - "Woo!"
    "From the back of the room!, the one pvp fan! we got him! WaH!"
    || Stealth is a Terribad Mechanic ||

• Ordo Dominican [ZEAL]
    Sea of Sorrows

• Lociaz.4027Lociaz.4027 Member ✭✭
    edited February 14, 2019

I can't find it on Twitter 🙄🤔

• Why is there so much speculation in here? It's already confirmed behind the scenes that it's just another event week.

• idolin.2831idolin.2831 Member ✭✭✭

Is this fake? I can't find it on Twitter, the date & time of the tweet is missing, and the language sounds off.

• Pretty Pixie.8603Pretty Pixie.8603 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 14, 2019

I got it from a WvW discord. I considered it credible. It doesn’t look shopped to me.

Edit: others in that Discord are now saying it’s fake too, so consider my earlier post with scepticism. My mistake.

Ordo Dominican [ZEAL]
    Sea of Sorrows

• idolin.2831idolin.2831 Member ✭✭✭

Just asking real quick - has there been anything from ANet to confirm this announcement aside from what the devs said in a stream? Seems to be too much speculation from just a brief moment in a stream.

@anonymous.7812 said:
    Why is there so much speculation in here? It's already confirmed behind the scenes that it's just another event week.

Behind the scenes? Where did you get that?

• XenesisII.1540XenesisII.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

@anonymous.7812 said:
    Why is there so much speculation in here? It's already confirmed behind the scenes that it's just another event week.

Because people are desperate to hear some news about wvw

Another derailing post ^ - Anet
    "Is there pvp stuff for this?" - "Absolutely, eh we actually have a new armor set coming soon." - "Woo!"
    "From the back of the room!, the one pvp fan! we got him! WaH!"
    || Stealth is a Terribad Mechanic ||

• @anonymous.7812 said:

That'd be another 'you have phones?'

• Safandula.8723Safandula.8723 Member ✭✭✭✭

When u guys will next time think about mounts in wvw, just imagine how would sieging keeps look, if all defenders would be immadietly back on the place

make prepardness baseline plz

• MUDse.7623MUDse.7623 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Safandula.8723 said:
    When u guys will next time think about mounts in wvw, just imagine how would sieging keeps look, if all defenders would be immadietly back on the place

with mounttraps that throw you off the mount + knockdown for 5 seconds, this could be fun.

• phokus.8934phokus.8934 Member ✭✭✭✭

@tom.4051 said:
    New CDI program starting Soon(™)

Clinical Documentation Improvement

• Psycoprophet.8107Psycoprophet.8107 Member ✭✭✭✭

Although I would love for my guardian to be more mobile between points of interest I don’t see how mounts can be added without causing some type of exploitative issues.

• Well, ladies and gentlemen, today is the big day. Either they will troll us during the live stream or they will reveal something fresh, new and "extremely" awesome for WvW.

• Safandula.8723Safandula.8723 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Astrolicus.3716 said:
    Well, ladies and gentlemen, today is the big day. Either they will troll us during the live stream or they will reveal something fresh, new and "extremely" awesome for WvW.

When is the stream?

make prepardness baseline plz

• XECOR.2814XECOR.2814 Member ✭✭✭

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:
    Skirmish Tickets are now usefull.

The Dream

Im in dire need of them to get my first ascended weapons/armor.

• @Safandula.8723 said:

@Astrolicus.3716 said:
    Well, ladies and gentlemen, today is the big day. Either they will troll us during the live stream or they will reveal something fresh, new and "extremely" awesome for WvW.

When is the stream?

Website says:

2:30 p.m. Pacific Time (UTC-8).

• Kraljevo.2801Kraljevo.2801 Member ✭✭✭

@Safandula.8723 said:

@Astrolicus.3716 said:

When is the stream?

7 and a half hours from now

This forum is boring as kitten

• DanAlcedo.3281DanAlcedo.3281 Member ✭✭✭✭

@XECOR.2814 said:

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

The Dream

D O N T!!!!!!!!

Even if you remove the Skirmish Tickets from the vendor, ascended armor pieces are around 20g more expensive then their crafting counterparts.

Sell your memories of battle and craft your gear.

Even if you have to lvl your crafting profession first.

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

@XECOR.2814 said:

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

The Dream

D O N T!!!!!!!!

Even if you remove the Skirmish Tickets from the vendor, ascended armor pieces are around 20g more expensive then their crafting counterparts.

But wvw gives stat selectable ascended and i have 2k skirmish tickets and 500memories of battle. I just need those damned marks. Its so hard to get them without crafting at 500lvl. I dont like crafting. Is there no other way?

@XECOR.2814 said:

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

@XECOR.2814 said:

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

The Dream

D O N T!!!!!!!!

But wvw gives stat selectable ascended and i have 2k skirmish tickets and 500memories of battle. I just need those damned marks. Its so hard to get them without crafting at 500lvl. I dont like crafting. Is there no other way?

there is, play very long for the mark shards.
    you can also get the version without marks for more tickets

@MUDse.7623 said:

@XECOR.2814 said:

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

@XECOR.2814 said:

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

The Dream

D O N T!!!!!!!!

All ascended items require marks on skirmish supervisor atleast. Can you give me a name of item which doesnt need marks to buy? I havent seen those ever.

edited February 14, 2019

@XECOR.2814 said:

@MUDse.7623 said:

@XECOR.2814 said:

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

@XECOR.2814 said:

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

The Dream

D O N T!!!!!!!!

All ascended items require marks on skirmish supervisor atleast. Can you give me a name of item which doesnt need marks to buy? I havent seen those ever.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.