Clear the poisonous urchins from Lashoosh - event for Frenzy III collection

February 11, 2019. Today as a daily activity there is "Daily Snowden Drifts Event Completer". From 6:30 pm to 9:00 pm I waited for the event, but nothing. I tried to log in / out to try to change the map, but the IP was still the same, so there was not enough people to create a new map instance. The final result is: the Achievement continues to be incomplete. Now the new goal is not to complete the Achievement by the end of this year, but to hope to complete the Achievement before the game is closed.

• Like 1

February 12, 2019. Another day, two and a half hours spent waiting for ... what? a bugged event. Since it's wonderful to spend time while waiting for the event, tonight I started playing Guild Wars 1, creating a new character (GW2 in one window and GW1 in another window). First purpose: get the title "The Legendary Defender of Ascalon".

• Like 1

I hope that someone in ARENANET with balls is able to make a decision and solve this problem. Looking on the internet I found that the problem with this event is known since 2012 (https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Bugged-Event-Clear-the-poisonous-urchins-from-Lashoosh ). Apparently the only solution found is to wait for a patch and, immediately after logging into the game and hope for good luck. It is comforting to know that the suppor knows the existence of this problem for over 7 years and throughout this period they never find a definitive solution. Change event? too easy? better to stay still and do nothing and hope that players do not break too much with "bug report" for this legendary minor weapon. In any case I will continue to send "bug report" every day I can and write on this forum, just to vent my anger. If in ArenaNet nobody has the power to solve the problem, ArenaNet should send to each player the resources to complete the achievement. Why do I have to spend coins in the Black Lion Trading Company and not earn achievement points?

• Like 1

@Master Childman.2135 I wanted to bear it and continue to stay quiet but I've had enough of your notifications every day for a pointless daily report on this bug and your progress on GW1 (because a thread-maker gets a notification for anyone who posts in his threads, which is not usually a problem except in cases like this one)....curse me for creating this thread.I encountered this bug as well so I sorta know how could you feel, but you crossed the line and from my experience I can assure you this: no Devs care about this bug, it will never get fixed no matter how many times you post! Now I'll tell you what you have to do.

1. Your best bet in avoiding this bug is to look for the event RIGHT AFTER a patch, that's your only chance.
  2. Stop posting your daily reports, or let them be at least weekly or molthly but NO DAILY.
  3. If you really want to continue with your daily reports, PLEASE do so by editing your first post instead of making new ones (which is also against the rules if I remember correctly).
  4. Since I'm quite pissed off, if you continue with daily report posts, I'll delete this thread.

I don't want to look rude but you were really starting to annoy me so I really had the urge to vent a bit, however point 1. is how most people (me included) did this event and that should be your aim too if you want to complete it. Good luck!

What is due is due. This evening at 8:30 pm I logged into the game (I had left my character at Isenfall Lake Sunday evening) and I immediately found myself in the event that I have so much criticized in recent weeks. The event ended without any apparent anomaly. No patches were released today and no Daily Events activity was planned on this map. Therefore the theories elaborated up to this moment are not the only solition. A good dose of luck is recommended.

@Master Childman.2135 said:What is due is due. This evening at 8:30 pm I logged into the game (I had left my character at Isenfall Lake Sunday evening) and I immediately found myself in the event that I have so much criticized in recent weeks. The event ended without any apparent anomaly. No patches were released today and no Daily Events activity was planned on this map. Therefore the theories elaborated up to this moment are not the only solition. A good dose of luck is recommended.

Good for you. :)However FYI, it works as long as you are in a newly created map where the event has not been completed yet, either by chance or by the release of a new patch but the latter is more reliable (less RNG involved). The bug is that the event fails to restart after it has been completed once.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

@Tuna Bandit.3786 said:3 years later than original post and nothing done about it.Same story... actually 3 events in the Frenzy III collection not starting.

I am starting to become frustrated with these bugs that apparantly are completely and utterly left unattended

I just finished Frenzy, and trying that particular event soon after an update clears the issue. At least, for awhile.

Good luck.

• Like 1

@Tuna Bandit.3786 said:I indeed got it after update.Finally finished frenzy.

To be honest, the fact this ahs been an issue and still is an issue for so long, years, really doesn't give me convidence in doing more older achievements.

Don't be so negative. Fortunately, there are few bugs that make it difficult, but not impossible, to complete the old achievements. Don't let the inefficiencies of others block your desire to do old achievements. I wish you to be able to complete anything you want, of course with a good dose of patience and luck.

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's been nearly 5 years since the original post and it's still bugged. Please give us a way to work around this bug and similar bugs. Map hopping doesn't work on maps that don't have any big events to push it to reset. Waiting for patches only works if there is a patch each week. A simple solution is to give the players the choice of what IP map they want to play on so when one gets bugged it can be abandoned. An even simpler one that requires minimal effort on the part of the game devs is to just auto refresh a map every 4 hours (very few metas/dynamic events have a cycle time longer than 2 hours).

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1