[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

Firebrand mantras only affect people right in front of them on flat ground. But lots of wvw has steep hills and paths going up and down, like the path from Ogrewatch to smc. If you're on a slope and trying to use a mantra on someone in front who's also above or below you, you won't be able to. Your mantra will be going on to empty grass or air

Mantras should be changed to affect a bigger area that includes above and below you

@Hesione.9412 said:Please introduce the ability to, when we have the guild bank open, double click on an item in our inventory and have it stack onto the item that is already in the guild bank. Currently we have to take the item out of the guild bank, combine those with the items in our inventory, and then put the combination in the guild bank. This is different to how our personal bank slots work. Examples of items that could work this way:

• siege
  • materials that normally go into materials storage (and so stack automatically in our mats storage tab), for example pigments.

Anet has said in the past that the problem with doing an auto-interact on guild bank is if other members of the guild are also accessing that item in the bank. I would love to have this functionality as well and really hope that Anet finds a way to mitigate that hurdle . I am also mildly OCD and cannot stand when same the item is in multiple stacks in the bank. It is such a huge pain to pull everything out, combine and re-deposit.

@Waldrian.9267 said:A rework on the mailing system would be great, e.g. viewing your sent mail and mailing verification (retype: recipients name) when you send items and gold in your letter.

I would love to also have gifts sent from Gem Store show up either in a sent message listing or Gem Store history. Having a confirmation that the recipient got the message would also be awesome. I have had people send things to me accidentally because my name is similar to another player.

and an option to travel as whole squad with the opportunity to create a new instance of the map if need. So, if you do a meta train or world boss train with a squad the whole squad could get on the map without any problems. Maybe only available for 20+ squads. The system could be tied with a ready check mechanic, so if everyone pressed yes, the whole squad will move

I wonder if they could do a pop-up window that the squad leader or party has warped to XXXX waypoint, and ask if you want to join rather than needing to go to the map or link a waypoint in squad chat.

@"BlueIce.6951" said:I would love to also have gifts sent from Gem Store show up either in a sent message listing or Gem Store history. Having a confirmation that the recipient got the message would also be awesome.

I would like this too

but Customer Suport recently said to me "Support is unable to provide any information connected to another player's account, even if a gift was sent by you"

FFS! PLEASE reduce enemy aggro range for PoF! The ridiculous aggro range really pisses me off every time I want to enjoy PoF. It's very disruptive having enemies so far away (that I can't even see on my screen) aggro, then when I kill them, more enemies aggro just before I can mount. I then kill those and before I can mount, yet MORE enemies aggro. SO FREAKING ANNOYING! Stories aren’t any more enjoyable since everything gets aggroed, especially with stupid NPC allies pulling every kitten thing.

The aggro range single handedly ruins any potential for enjoyment in PoF. I don’t even kitten do any PoF kitten unless I have to. It’s a terrible experience!

@"Janus Kindle.9172" said:Hi Anet who ever reads this! QoL Idea here. I recently got a permanent Bank access from BL chest (LUCKY ME RIGHT) but I have over a stack of the regular ones which are now completely useless to me with the advent of shared inventory slots. could we have a way to vendor these, or better still Mystic Forge into BL keys along side the other BL chest items like the Mystic forge stone(1), merchant(5) and trading post(5) Bank access (5) = one BL key (see 4 items MF "magic") this would provide incentive to other players to use them or have a sink for them to make a lot of people happy

Yes I totally agree. my BF has the perma hairstyle kit yet the black lion chests keep dropping hairstyle kits that he can do nothing with. I think you should be able to trade them in or the black lion chest should recognize it's unlocked on your account and give you a different item.

@Jura.2170 said:When we want to look for an item in a toon's inventory, we have to load the map that toon is on

Some people have really slow computers that take more than 2 minutes to load a map

We should be able to instead in the Character Select screen, make a toon's inventory appear without having to load anything else

You can use GW2 Efficiency for that :)

@Lithril Ashwalker.6230 said:I would like to see Aura Item Previews within the wardrobe and optioned on trade post or pinged in chat while at the same time having the ability to turn off other player auras. Will cause more gold sink but also give others an idea of what they want their character to look like, to help tell a story. Could also increase gemstore sales based on combos.

I love this idea, we should unlock an aura the same way we do with anything else in wardrobe. That way things like aurora we work so hard on could be available on all of our characters. There are also a few skins I would like to see converted such as Winter's presence and Nightfury. Also a few Aura's like Mystic Chromatic Ooze. I still don't get why it's only a temp Aura.

A few great idea's I have seen multiple times that have not been implemented. Most are pretty basic and have been asked for over a long period of time.

-For people with perma hairstyle/bank etc... you should be able to trade in single use items or forge them into another item. Or if possible have the black lion chest recognize you have a perma item and drop something else.-Adding Aura's and infusions to the wardrobe. Things like Aurora which are so difficult to make should be available to equip on all of your characters. Items like Winter's Prescence. Nightfury and Mystic Chromatic Ooze for example should be converted to auras an accessible in wardrobe. Also the ability to preview infusions would be great.-Some more items added to material storage like Bauble Bobbles.-A luck eater like Princess.-The TP showing unlocked or locked items by choice.-The ability to dismount in air on the griffon. Catching wind when on the griffon is impossible if you can't dismount. unless this was intended.-Dyeable backpieces.-Making unlimited tools accessible on all characters.

The way loot is given in wvw needs to be improved

You only get loot if you do damage to someone. Everyone who uses a full support build with no damage, like a Firebrand, doesn't get any loot at all even though they're keeping their zerg alive

Giving someone a buff should tag them to include any downs they get in what loot you get

Speaking as an older player, whose hands were injured many many years ago because someone didn't pay attention during training, clicking is a necessity because nerve damage and, now arthritis, mean I have to really struggle to control individual finger movements. (Typing this is an adventure.) All I ask is that this company provide an OPTION for disabled players. Please. Thank you.

Well, from my own experience since making my posts, there is one consolation to this.

The good news is you only need to do it once. Once you unlock masteries on any one character, you'll be able to keep investing in Central Tyrian masteries on your other level 80 characters. Its still very frustrating to me that I had to skip around in lore and break my story I was hoping to do in chronological order just to make it go away, but it worked. And i'll admit- I then went and started the first quest of PoF to get that raptor mount for my account, but that's really different? That was me breaking sequence to get this upgrade the game doesn't actually need, just enjoy for fun as opposed to an extremely intrusive popup constantly bothering me.

ANet needs to fix this eventually. I don't get how they've gone so long without it. Its certainly not gamebreakign to me as it only needs to be done once and only once per account, but it is very upsetting to me that I had to basically break the sequence of events to do it. Oh well.

That's just what I want to say for anyone suffering this... just get the first quest of Heart of Thorns or Path of Fire done, skip cutscenes, and sigh at your confusion. Its not... ideal, but it works. If you're gonna do it just once for the sake of one or the other, just go do Path of Fire to get the raptor mount. Its far from ideal, but its the best solution.

If you're in a squad or party and you leave it, everything in party and squad chat gets deleted when you change maps or look at a different chat tab

Chat should be changed so everything is kept

If the chat box has become very full with any kind of chat, when we change maps or look at another chat tab, the top half of the chat will be deleted, including map chat and team chat

The chat box shouldn't delete anything. Instead we should be able to choose in the options menu how much chat we'd like to show in the chat box. And please, make it much more than what it is now. We can only see a few hundred lines of chat at the moment. It should be at least twice as much

@Jura.2170 said:If you're in a squad or party and you leave it, everything in party and squad chat gets deleted when you change maps or look at a different chat tab

Chat should be changed so everything is kept

If the chat box has become very full with any kind of chat, when we change maps or look at another chat tab, the top half of the chat will be deleted, including map chat and team chat

The chat box shouldn't delete anything. Instead we should be able to choose in the options menu how much chat we'd like to show in the chat box. And please, make it much more than what it is now. We can only see a few hundred lines of chat at the moment. It should be at least twice as much

or at least dump to a text file log.

A larger patch job but something I think the GW2 roleplay community would appriciate alot.

As an EU RPer it is hard for me at times to find fellow rpers and even with the LFG tool for RPers I think it isnt really working, my proposal is such:

In City hubs only (LA/DR/Rata/Grove/Black/Hoel and possibly Amnoon) It'd be nice if it were possible to add a mega server option that exclusivly filters you with other rpers in the area.

I know its a rather big ask and I cant expect something like this to appear tommorow, but I am suggesting it as a possible future update, so theres a mega-server filter, similar to how there was in GW1.

Inspired by the discussion about movement speed in and out of combat: Sometimes mobs put non-damaging conditions on me that tick for what feels like an eternity after they died and that keep me in combat. I.e. walking slower and unable to mount. This is even more annoying with cripple or chilled. Sure, I could radically change my build to get access to a condition clear. (Remember: revs can't just switch a single skill). But I'd like to suggest a QoL approach: if a player has non-damaging conditions but would otherwise be out of combat, the condition should be ignored or cleared, so that the player can actually be out of combat. Maybe restricted to PvE, since keeping an enemy player away has value in PvP context.

When Guardians hold their weapons and they have Aegis buff, there's a glowy purple shield on top of their left arm. That's the Aegis

X4idctp.png

We should be able to turn off the picture in the options menu

Guardians also have a blue fire picture around their F1 button Virtue of Justice. It disappears when they use it and it comes back when the Virtue is charged

omcidc2.png

We should be able to turn it off too in the options menu

Right now, one of the hardest things for new players is understanding which skills cause soft-CC and which cause hard-CC. Why not make that easier by having the shape of the skill button on taskbar tell you that?

Instead of having all the numbered skills be squares, why not have normal skills be circles, soft-CC skills be square shaped, and hard-CC skills be eight pointed stars?